Thread: Is it true that LSI's are respectful towards authority?

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is it true that LSI's are respectful towards authority?

Just one part of the description that I don't get

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think that LSI's like structure and having predictability in their lives. They certainly try to impose order and predictability on their entire world. They have high Ti for the structure, and low Ni so they like to have things set out for them because they can't predict them by themselves, and what you can't predict becomes scary.

This often is associated with Authority, but I don't think Authority is the main point. A disorganized and capricious authority will not get their respect.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Probably have to more specifically define 'authority.' If the authority makes sense and is firm but fair-minded people tend to respect it. If the authority is cruel and overzealous- it's not worthy of respect. I don't think we should live in a world where people are allowed to just rape, rob and murder and kill people lol. If it's just a cruel narcissist that's making crap up for power tho and is some power hungry tyrant it's not very respectable. Those people are really deranged and often just want to throw somebody in prison for being weird while also allowing really fucked up people to get away with something because they liked them in a Fi way. They often are also on the road to being heartless criminals themselves.

Not sure how LSIs feel about that. I knew a LSI at college that kind of glared at ppl to make sure people were 'behaving' and I think he might have been a cop but I'm not sure. There is obviously a thin line sometimes being authority and being a criminal because an authoritative person has to learn how to think like a criminal in order to catch them. And has to be tough, uncompromising and not very empathetic in situations in order to do their job. (like early season Benson noted) All that is understandable. But then her gay best friend told her that she was fine because she helps people- she doesn't hurt them. I liked her character in earlier seasons much better I think? lol.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Many of them seem to gain political influence. The play in the system by the rules earn the respect claim ultimate authority and take over Crimean peninsula (but they can not beat emus).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they dooooo tend to like hard, cruel, penetrative forces that don't respect boundaries.... ime

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Diaper 007 View Post
    Many of them seem to gain political influence. The play in the system by the rules earn the respect claim ultimate authority and take over Crimean peninsula (but they can not beat emus).
    Emu populations require Ni strategizing to control.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Respectful of their laws, not necessarily others’. They’re not “rebellious” where they want to buck something for its sake, but there is a rational explanation to this and often times it’s because they think it’s wrong. Since they have valued and high dimensional Se they’ll correct what they deem as wrong if they’re within the power structure to do it. So while they may mainly be law abiding citizens, compliance doesn’t mean respect.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know one who claimed to be an anarchist.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Uncle Ave I figured out why Gulenko considers Clint Eastwood LSI:

Clint Eastwood LSI is practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong. He is orderly, organized, systematic and controlled, and once committed - he employs decisive and methodical steps to problems solving, without giving up easily. Clint seeks to establish a solid foundation, and would rather use hard work and long hours to build a business or career than search for "get rich quick" schemes. He has great potential for success, but only after putting out effort and overcoming the limitations he so often encounters. Courageous and a true survivor, he is a builder and the foundation of any enterprise, and his hard work and practical values pay off to provide Clint Eastwood with the rewards he seeks and deserves. Justice and honesty are sacred to Eastwood, making him reliable and dependable, and quite often - a cornerstone in the community. Also, though not a typical idealist, Clint Eastwood is willing to work for a better world in a realistic way.

Clint Eastwood works well with others, but it is important that he would have his own responsibility and well-defined task, because he performs better when his responsibilities are not overlapping with those of others.
    Due to the rare discipline and perseverance that Eastwood possesses, not everyone can keep up with him, and he has to be careful not to be bossy and rude. He can be also rigid in his ideas and get stuck in convention or too quick in judging his fellow man.
    Clint Eastwood is loyal to those he loves. He is well suited for marriage and often becomes a responsible loving parent. However, anything that violates his profound sense of order, such as separation or divorce can be a shattering experience for him.
    as well
    with the exception of organized and orderly I relate to everything there. >.> assuming the above is true of him (which apparently is).. he probably respects authority as well...

in my case it depends.. authority has to meet certain requirements for me to show any kind of respect. I will follow the law however even if I may disagree, just to stay clear of trouble. I'm assuming LSI-H and C are less orderly and more prone to comfort and creativity respectively example LSI-C Elon Musk

.. despite being messy every time I read an ISTj desription or type 6 description its like .."thats me.. if only they weren't organized and orderly, I'd fully relate"
    Last edited by SGF; 02-06-2021 at 07:03 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just remembered why i made this post...

An LSI friend of mine told me, when they aren't getting paid enough at their job, they steal cash from the till.
    They said they'd do it again, if a workplace were underpaying them
    Funny buggers

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSIs are not necessarily respectful of authority but they usually have a knack for understanding and operating within authority structures. Most seem to be able to play invisible conformists. They're not likely to take the initiative to change structures that are working to their advantage. However, I've known some smart ones who've successfully subverted their bosses for cause; they were able to spread poison without becoming suspect simply because they were devils for detail while their managers weren't.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    LSIs are not necessarily respectful of authority but they usually have a knack for understanding and operating within authority structures. Most seem to be able to play invisible conformists. They're not likely to take the initiative to change structures that are working to their advantage. However, I've known some smart ones who've successfully subverted their bosses for cause; they were able to spread poison without becoming suspect simply because they were devils for detail while their managers weren't.

a.k.a. I/O
    Sounds like Mike P, the VP. It works right up until the time their boss tries to have them killed.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They will follow the rules if they agree with them. More often than not Betas tend to be skeptical of authority figures and therefore rebel (if Se triad). They may even want to be the authority themselves.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs follow the rules like Batman. They enforce the rules on their own terms even if it conflicts with the generally accepted rules around them. Like Batman breaking the law and working as a vigilante to bring criminals to justice.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think they’re respectful towards authority in the sense that, just as they like speed driving, they might skip a red light or two. But spend some time around them and you’ll see an inclination towards the military way of life, even if they aren't living one themselves. I'm referring mostly to the men. Admiration for the idea of strictness and civilized violence carried out together with their dude bros that will slip through in things like watching documentaries and films, etc. It's funny because this coexists with a rather suboptimal understanding of other people and life situations, so a word or two against the forces is enough to pit them against them. There are LSI that are less like that, thankfully.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think that LSI's like structure and having predictability in their lives. They certainly try to impose order and predictability on their entire world. They have high Ti for the structure, and low Ni so they like to have things set out for them because they can't predict them by themselves, and what you can't predict becomes scary.
    You just managed to purge any doubts I might have had about being an LSI in three simple sentences.

I generally detest predictability and tend to operate with very little structure.
    Last edited by Park; 10-01-2021 at 09:16 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.