Thread: EIIs/INFjs and procrastination / getting distracted

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EIIs/INFjs and procrastination / getting distracted

Hey guys! I've been wondering about it for a while - do you also procrastinate a lot? I've been like that ever since I can remember, always taking care of pleasant things first and having trouble with getting down to work. I also distract very easily and rarely get all the things done because of that. :c I wish it were easier to discipline myself to do what I have to, but it seems almost impossible. Heck, I'm procrastinating even at this very moment - I should be studying right now. ;_; Are there any organised EIIs who do not experience this or is it simply typical for us?
    Last edited by tuathe; 08-07-2017 at 05:54 PM. Reason: typo
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so
    tritype: 2-6-9

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

With studying, your head gets too overloaded after a while which makes it very difficult to continue non-stop for a whole day.

I don't remember which book I read that said this, but a possible solution might be to study in three blocks of 90 minutes with a period of rest in between (or a walk!).

I could make a list of books I found useful about dealing with procrastination but you probably don't have the time to read them. I think if you don't have so long until your exams, a good method of studying (especially if it is new) is to focus on doing old exam papers, because that will calm you a little bit and highlight the areas you most need to study.

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I think EIIs procrastinate a lot. Two things that helped me:

1. Setting up an agreement with my LSE friend that I would meet him in the library at a certain time, and if I was late, I was to give him some sum of money (which he was planning to donate, but I was never late anyways). It is pretty important to get the right kind of person to do this. One of my EII friends and I have repeatedly tried to set up similar agreements for the both of us, but neither of us could keep up with enforcing the agreement if the other went astray. When my LII friend heard of my success with the LSE friend, she wanted me to do the same for her, but I could never be bothered to actually discipline her. I could tell from the way that my LSE threatened me once when I arrived exactly on the minute, that he would definitely really take the money from me.

2. Getting this mobile app (ATracker for iPhone; a friend has told me there are similar apps for Android) where you can keep track of how much time you spend on each activity you have to do. This way, you can come away from a study session saying, "I worked for 30 minutes in a row!", feel productive, take a bit of a break, and then get back into it. I think that something annoying about studying by itself is that it's sometimes hard to tell how much progress you've made. For example, it's frustrating if you're studying one past exam with 5 questions, and one of the questions takes a really long time to understand. Then you might feel like you haven't made much progress, but in reality, it was important to understand that question, so it was necessary to spend a lot of time on it--then this tracker app can help you feel more productive. It's a bit of a Te suggestive hack, I think, that indulges our weak but valued Te.

Best of luck!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think that EIIs share with LIIs a reticence to start an endeavour for fear of not achieving success - we seem to need to be really sure that our ducks are lined up. Once we actually start, we can be obsessive about finishing. However, I think that procrastination is a human condition and not type related; we wouldn't have global warming, polluted waters and ineffective governments if it were only the EIIs that were holding things up. The only differences among the types would be their excuses......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    we wouldn't have global warming, polluted waters and ineffective governments if it were only the EIIs that were holding things up.

a.k.a. I/O
    What makes you say this? I am missing references or it somehow is not clear why

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EII and procrastination / distraction

Are we the worst among all types the way we get distracted and forget what we were doing and procrastinate?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by empineer View Post
    What makes you say this? I am missing references or it somehow is not clear why
    It's really a type of mass procrastination that causes humans to not address issues that adversely affect everyone especially future generations - a selfish self-interest that says "let others take care of it later because we need to maintain our current businesses, lifestyles, comforts, routines, etc." .......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we the worst among all types the way we get distracted and forget what we were doing and procrastinate?

Do you feel that you can be forgetful in everyday activities aka misplace objects, forget what you have to do aka call a company by a certain time/pick up a milk on the way home?

Personally, I am quite forgetful and procrastinating, which I do feel awful about, as if it makes me seem like a lazy and rude person. So I overcompensate by leaving myself loads of notes and alarm notifications on my phone/computer screen, post it notes on my desk, just so I can be more on the ball. Not my natural way of being but I try!

I may be EII. Or maybe not....so I'm not sure if my input is going to help or confuse matters. Also I have been suspected to have inattentive adhd so that may explain more why I'm a space cadet 0_o

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1D Se problems, to be stereotypical.

It's mostly just about having a lifestyle around productively pursuing things.

What EIIs struggle with more than procrastination is more about how to organize or discern / evaluate time/effort spent on something. So because of that their efforts may be misplaced. Clarifying goals , expectations and evaluation metrics can help here. This also applies to the interpersonal realm. . .
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuathe View Post
    Hey guys! I've been wondering about it for a while - do you also procrastinate a lot? I've been like that ever since I can remember, always taking care of pleasant things first and having trouble with getting down to work.
    It's more about P types. J types have it lesser, but may to have too.
    Also N types may do too much plans and then switch to other.

> I also distract very easily and rarely get all the things done because of that.

more common for P types. J are more stable

> Are there any organised EIIs who do not experience this or is it simply typical for us?

J types are rather organised, mostly.
    Procrastination to avoid something not pleasant can also be from Ennegram 9 type. I remember your sharp negative emotions on my disagreement with your EII in the typing theme. I think it can be E-9 related too, - they try to run away from any negative more than others.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol, thank you for taking the time to read my posts, but I'm completely sure of my sociotype and enneatype, just as my friends are.
    Last edited by tuathe; 05-04-2018 at 07:37 PM.
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Sol, thank you for taking the time to read my posts, but I'm completely sure of my sociotype and enneatype, just as my friends are.
    It's nice to see you return on the forum. It's pleasure to notice cute girls, nevertheless their types.

The mentioned above features point on P types possibility. In case you'll get the doubts sometimes, this info will be useful. INFP, ENFP, etc.
    In my signature you may find bloggers list and there the link to IR test, - a chance it may add arguments for other your type or to support your current opinion.

P.S. I may to have relatives in Poland. And that's me.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    It's nice to see you return on the forum. It's pleasure to notice cute girls, nevertheless their types.
    I didn't expect anyone to notice me nor remember here, so thank you, I guess.

The mentioned above features point on P types possibility.
    You didn't take into consideration - and maybe I should have stated that in my first post - that people procrastinate because of many reasons: fear of failure, fear of not being perfect, disliking the thing they're supposed to take care of, ect. Not every fucking thing is linked to socionics and socionics only; not only nature, but also nurture counts.
    As to me, I don't always procrastinate - now I've got it handled pretty well, I think; I do things ahead of time, not leaving it anymore until the last second like I used to, and it feels good. But the other problem I have now is that I don't do as much as I feel I should, mostly due to the lack of energy. When others hear about it, they tell me things like 'but taking your time to relax is important, too!', but it doesn't stop me from forgetting about it and not taking care of it anyway. I live in constant sense of guilt, it's always somewhere there, lol (but no, I'm not a 1, nor a 2w1, don't even think about suggesting that to me).

In case you'll get the doubts sometimes, this info will be useful. INFP, ENFP, etc.
    Why do you use MBTI letters when - I suspect - talking about socionics? Don't you mind the confusion?

In my signature you may find bloggers list and there the link to IR test, - a chance it may add arguments for other your type or to support your current opinion.
    Thank you, but I'm so sure of my type that I don't need to find any more reasons to support it. And if I did, I would look into theory itself.

P.S. I may to have relatives in Poland. And that's me.
    I wouldn't be surprised, maaany people in the USA and other parts of the world have Polish ancestors.
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

people procrastinate because of many reasons: fear of failure, fear of not being perfect, disliking the thing they're supposed to take care of, ect. Not every fucking thing is linked to socionics and socionics only; not only nature, but also nurture counts.
    Regular procrastination "a lot" which you said about relates good to P, as J types prefer to hold the plans and it's not common for them. While the usage of "bad" words without good reasons points to not base Fi type, which are the most polite in the universe.
    At best, as you got some anger from the argumentation about your type, this may relate to ESI - they do not like when people dig in their motivations and psyche to explain in them something. But they are J type, while there is more basis to think P in you.

> now I've got it handled pretty well, I think

your message was from not long ago times

> the lack of energy. When others hear about it, they tell me things like 'but taking your time to relax is important, too!', but it doesn't stop me from forgetting about it and not taking care of it anyway

J types plan the load to avoid the exhaustion.

> don't even think about suggesting that to me

hm... assertiveness in the talking. not what EII show

> Why do you use MBTI letters when - I suspect - talking about socionics?

MBT and Socionics are same Jung's typology. Preferences in MBT are correct and compatible with dichotomies in Socionics. Also MBT uses MBTI as major typing way, so from theory and practice points MBT types notation is compatible with Socionics. IEI = INFP, ESTJ = LSE. There are dichotomy tests in Socionics - they are identical to MBT tests.
    There are many people which know good about MBT, but not about Socionics. MBT notations are more universal and help those people to accept Socionics, to see that it's same typology, just with wider theory, better described 8 functions, without the mistake for I types.

> Thank you, but I'm so sure of my type that I don't need to find any more reasons to support it.

Sometimes you may get doubts, with the noticing of more contradictions with EII version, like you got in this theme. Also I'm sure you do not have near a lot of people of any of 16 types, so to notice IR effects with some types could be interesting for you. Ne types have the interest to new, while your actions are protective here.

> I wouldn't be surprised, maaany people in the USA and other parts of the world have Polish ancestors.

In this case the opposite situation, - some people living in Poland may to have my Russian ancestor. Part of today Poland was the part of Russia in those times, so after revolutions seems he prefered to stay there. In Poland may live my 3rd cousins. I know that some Poles have same sirname like me, besides my name is universal Slavic one.

P.S. I'll let you to think about your type with the gotten arguments. It's not the typing theme, anyway. And seems you do not like to see the arguing against EII as your type.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh I don't even know where to start. You butt in this thread only to tell me that I'm not an EII because I don't act like you THINK I should, because apparently a person of this type:
    1) can't have troubles with time management (weak Te probably, like UDP stated here before?? oh no, EIIs have strong Te lol)
    2) can't have troubles with remembering and taking care of their physical needs (weak Si? oh no, that one doesn't apply to EIIs either! because valued Si = strong Si!)
    3) can't get mad at you when the only thing you've ever done while interacting with that person was analysing their posts in order to prove they're some another type, completely ignoring a huuuge part of socionics theory, not to mention your lack of interest in the topic itself and, in turn, writing off-topic. Are PMs completely foreign to you?

Okay, so let's get down to it (and pray you won't tell me I'm a T type in return)

J types prefer to hold the plans and it's not common for them.

Doesn't mean it doesn't happen at all, because again, not everything is linked to socionics and not everything is solely a result of having a certain personality type. Maaany other things affect us as well.

While the usage of "bad" words without good reasons points to not base Fi type, which are the most polite in the universe.

I had a good reason, which I explained above, and mind you - EIIs are not angels. Being a Fi1 doesn't mean we never loose our patience when something annoying happens repeatedly. What do you think a pissed off Se PoLR looks like? The usual reaction, which is too weak, suddenly becomes too strong. But you should have known this already.

At best, as you got some anger from the argumentation about your type, this may relate to ESI - they do not like when people dig in their motivations and psyche to explain in them something.

I think most people don't like it when a complete stranger who knows really nothing about them tries very hard to act as if they did, more - as if he knew them better than they themselves do.

your message was from not long ago times

So? Circumstances can't change?

J types plan the load to avoid the exhaustion.

Maybe when they're S types and know how to handle this, when they don't forget to take relaxing into account.

hm... assertiveness in the talking. not what EII show

Until they know what's coming and they decide they've had enough.

MBT and Socionics are same Jung's typology. Preferences in MBT are correct and compatible with dichotomies in Socionics.

Not every one of them. Fi in MBTI is more like Fe in socionics, Si kinda overlaps with Se, etc. Another theory you didn't look into enough to understand it.

Sometimes you may get doubts, with the noticing of more contradictions with EII version, like you got in this theme.

The only thing that contradicts here is the theory and what you think is the theory.

Ne types have the interest to new, while your actions are protective here.

you really know nothing, Jon Snow

Seriously, I'm astonished I really need to explain all of that to you. You've been on this forum for 10 years, but your mistakes are like those of a newbie. Apparently an EII can't get mad at you when you're being blatantly ignorant and bad-mannered, because then they're not EIIs. There's no point in further discussion with someone like you, who doesn't know/understand the theory, thus creating their own version of it. Do me a favour and don't reply, because I'm not going to lose any more second on you. You won't get a reaction.
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is largely due to our Si. I realize when ever I have to do something i do not already have a routine way of doing, in other words when I have to use Te, I tend to do comfortable things that I routinely do, like at my favorite food, watch my favorite show, tell myself I'm gonna gonna play video games for 30 mins before I do my work. I notice once I have a established routine method to getting something done, I procrastinate much less, I notice this whenever I am given a task to do an think ti's "easy", it's not that it's easy, it's that I already have an established method to get it done, (My Si has experience with the task) once that is recognized I can move forward and get it done (Te), but if I am given a task I have no idea how to do I procrastinate like hell (My Si has no experience with it), and my procrastination is essientially me using my Si to do other routines ( This is literally like my body recognizing it needs Si to complete the Te task and using Si elsewhere). I also tend to get very anxious when given an unfamiliar task and me doing familiar things is an attempt to calm my anxiety. With this knowledge I think you can just throw yourself into the unfamiliar just to get familiar with it so it can be easier the next time you do it, I think it gives you a good amount of confidence as well.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am low Se, P and I work steadily and I do not procrastinate. In fact, whatever I have to do, I start immediately or the next day. I am also not getting distracted, I usually make conversations without interrupting work. I noticed my fellow EII gets distracted very easily but is not procrastinating at all.

I think it more depends on what kind of work it is, if it's bad for a given person then it's easy to procrastinate. It's then good to rethink how this work can be done to be good. In my case it usually takes a while before I can make my new work fun and operations smooth, like 3-4 months, but then I cant stop and go home it's so exciting. Similarly I had when I was studying, I had to change my studies once because the other ones turned out to be shitty ones.

It's also good to measure output so when it drops it can be noticed and something can be improved. For example, when study doesn't go well, maybe try getting better sources. If you can't change the sources, try changing the schedule like not doing it over night but in the morning.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is worthy to note, as somewhat stated above, about 'the right kind of person/people'

For delta NFs, I think it's extremely important for them to be around the right kind of people in general - which might seem strange to 'younger nfs'. Over time they realize that their receptiveness and sensitive nature needs and requires certain things from other people.

To an extent I think this is particularly true with both Fi dominants in one way, and both delta NFs, in slightly other ways. Fi doms are sometimes more stuck in their feelings and potentially their ruts and do better when there is a constant/steady flow of EJ energy, or activity, so as to be brought along by that stream. Delta NFs in general are actually highly contingent on the people around them, for better or worse, IMO. If they have stable relations and their goals are clear, they can be at their best. Often times relational matters can dominate or influence their ability to perceive their goals, so over time it becomes more clear that they can't really be around people that are significantly unstable, or don't have a sense of progress or development or pursuit around them.

In reality I think this is true for everyone, but I think it's very important for delta NFS to realize it such that they can easily expend a lot of energy mitigating and compensating the lack of it, and it really doesn't do them well in the long term.

Specific to EIIs, and there are some classic profiles that mention this, they can struggle with self-regulation in terms of knoiwng what is the right amount to do, or how to measure certain things. A profile says "They will work when others are working and rest when others are resting", which I think has some general validity. More so, they just have specific environmental needs and a kind of support + autonomy requirement. I think Se POLR people can often not be sure how to measure the right amount of effort at various times and prefer people who do know but are not too forceful about managing it (strong but unvalued Se helps).

Over time, healthy EIIs seem to develop a good knowledge of their own methods and routines and know their habits for getting things done, and move to project those things proactively. I think it's just as much a matter of external factors as it is EIIs developing their assuredness about what it is that needs to take place, and then making that happen for themselves. Between that happening and learning how to Say No to other people that would interfere, that's basically all they need.

I find EIIs quite naturally into creation and development of something and have the ability to focus on and flesh out such things. The more clear the targets and less the distractions (as above), the less problems they have.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    I am low Se, P and I work steadily and I do not procrastinate. In fact, whatever I have to do, I start immediately or the next day. I am also not getting distracted, I usually make conversations without interrupting work. I noticed my fellow EII gets distracted very easily but is not procrastinating at all.

I think it more depends on what kind of work it is, if it's bad for a given person then it's easy to procrastinate. It's then good to rethink how this work can be done to be good. In my case it usually takes a while before I can make my new work fun and operations smooth, like 3-4 months, but then I cant stop and go home it's so exciting. Similarly I had when I was studying, I had to change my studies once because the other ones turned out to be shitty ones.

It's also good to measure output so when it drops it can be noticed and something can be improved. For example, when study doesn't go well, maybe try getting better sources. If you can't change the sources, try changing the schedule like not doing it over night but in the morning.
    Are u even ILE lel

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm likely Delta NF, and I procrastinate a lot... I'm prone to laziness, and when I do work on something it's entirely out of order and I tend to jump around with no specific rhyme or reason to it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post

I find EIIs quite naturally into creation and development of something and have the ability to focus on and flesh out such things. The more clear the targets and less the distractions (as above), the less problems they have.
    The more clear the targets, yes, that's a good way to put it. Ne can sometimes make you think of a thousand things to do, but you have no clear method to accomplish those things, Si and Te together provide that clear method, usually based on an effective structure that has worked in past situations, a blueprint if you will. Clear path, clear target, and once it's CLEAR, the rest is easy because it's just a matter of doing it, even if you procrastinate you know you can get this done before your deadline or whenever it is absolutely needed. If I had to say there was any requirement I have to be productive, clear target sis a must.

Also Se PoLR, I took what you said literally about measuring, and even in a literal way, when people use number measurements for anything my mind just draws a blank. When someone says they have a 1500 sqft house, I'm like....what does that look like? Is that Big or small? Things like that, I just have no visual reference for. Someone the other day asked me if I wanted a pint of beer or 23 oz, I looked at them with a blank stare like....uh....uh....a medium please LOL.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have pretty good if not great in depth focus for the most part. The only time I get scattered and can not decide where I will need help is at the beginning of the project like if there are too many choices and possibilities and I cannot decide on the path that’s best but that’s where the logic of my LSE husband comes in. He helps me make the big decisions with his analysis
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it also depends on your subtype. Ne-EIIs would be more likely to be inconsistent.
    Personally, I'm not a fan of strict deadlines.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hey guys! I've been wondering about it for a while - do you also procrastinate a lot? I've been like that ever since I can remember, always taking care of pleasant things first and having trouble with getting down to work. I also distract very easily and rarely get all the things done because of that. :c I wish it were easier to discipline myself to do what I have to, but it seems almost impossible. Heck, I'm procrastinating even at this very moment - I should be studying right now. ;_; Are there any organised EIIs who do not experience this or is it simply typical for us?
    You are EII

Ignore sol. He couldn’t tell his dual if one crawled up he butt jk
    Also I used to procrastinate more when I was younger
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think it is worthy to note, as somewhat stated above, about 'the right kind of person/people'

For delta NFs, I think it's extremely important for them to be around the right kind of people in general - which might seem strange to 'younger nfs'. Over time they realize that their receptiveness and sensitive nature needs and requires certain things from other people.

To an extent I think this is particularly true with both Fi dominants in one way, and both delta NFs, in slightly other ways. Fi doms are sometimes more stuck in their feelings and potentially their ruts and do better when there is a constant/steady flow of EJ energy, or activity, so as to be brought along by that stream. Delta NFs in general are actually highly contingent on the people around them, for better or worse, IMO. If they have stable relations and their goals are clear, they can be at their best. Often times relational matters can dominate or influence their ability to perceive their goals, so over time it becomes more clear that they can't really be around people that are significantly unstable, or don't have a sense of progress or development or pursuit around them.

In reality I think this is true for everyone, but I think it's very important for delta NFS to realize it such that they can easily expend a lot of energy mitigating and compensating the lack of it, and it really doesn't do them well in the long term.

Specific to EIIs, and there are some classic profiles that mention this, they can struggle with self-regulation in terms of knoiwng what is the right amount to do, or how to measure certain things. A profile says "They will work when others are working and rest when others are resting", which I think has some general validity. More so, they just have specific environmental needs and a kind of support + autonomy requirement. I think Se POLR people can often not be sure how to measure the right amount of effort at various times and prefer people who do know but are not too forceful about managing it (strong but unvalued Se helps).

Over time, healthy EIIs seem to develop a good knowledge of their own methods and routines and know their habits for getting things done, and move to project those things proactively. I think it's just as much a matter of external factors as it is EIIs developing their assuredness about what it is that needs to take place, and then making that happen for themselves. Between that happening and learning how to Say No to other people that would interfere, that's basically all they need.

very true
    is this what you're doing now @Delilah?
    I don't get distracted when I work and I work very qualitatively. I have seen a general difference between my SEE coworkers and myself. When I work no one can distract me, where they get distracted and drop the things they are doing to please other. I tell my boss "you want quality or you want to wait?" I think over the many years I've worked at the same job he likes my diligence
    Also, I tend to avoid being everywhere all the time; I'm self contained like you mentioned so I tend to be stationary somewhere for a long time, comfortably. Ep's get restless, have to get up talk to people, interact.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No that would be Se/Ne at work not Fi and IJ temperament
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    I think this is largely due to our Si. I realize when ever I have to do something i do not already have a routine way of doing, in other words when I have to use Te, I tend to do comfortable things that I routinely do, like at my favorite food, watch my favorite show, tell myself I'm gonna gonna play video games for 30 mins before I do my work. I notice once I have a established routine method to getting something done, I procrastinate much less, I notice this whenever I am given a task to do an think ti's "easy", it's not that it's easy, it's that I already have an established method to get it done, (My Si has experience with the task) once that is recognized I can move forward and get it done (Te), but if I am given a task I have no idea how to do I procrastinate like hell (My Si has no experience with it), and my procrastination is essientially me using my Si to do other routines ( This is literally like my body recognizing it needs Si to complete the Te task and using Si elsewhere). I also tend to get very anxious when given an unfamiliar task and me doing familiar things is an attempt to calm my anxiety. With this knowledge I think you can just throw yourself into the unfamiliar just to get familiar with it so it can be easier the next time you do it, I think it gives you a good amount of confidence as well.
    Si
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

1D Se problems, to be stereotypical.

It's mostly just about having a lifestyle around productively pursuing things.

What EIIs struggle with more than procrastination is more about how to organize or discern / evaluate time/effort spent on something. So because of that their efforts may be misplaced. Clarifying goals , expectations and evaluation metrics can help here. This also applies to the interpersonal realm. . .
    Working consistently for a long time is not Se. There were years when I would work 4 am to 7pm every day for years. I have hard time measuring if the work is worthwhile. My LSE husband talks about work and what they are doing about the machines, the whole operations of things all the time. I am what my mil labeled as a green type; another corporate type testing label. She said I am steady, reliable, consistent, nothing up and down. This is why I can take the time to organize paperwork (where my husband hates paperwork) because it requires time and dedication to a system, without evaluating if this system will bring in more profits.

I place my effort in learning something for a long time (without the thought of $), without application to something financially worthwhile. Realists would question if they can make money out of the activity. Or, learning an idea well for a long time. I don't wonder will this make me more money or will this give me a status somewhere.

I'm dedicated to the job that I want to do well. I'm also loyal and honest to a fault so lucky for me I have a great LSI boss who recognizes my honesty as it is so difficult for him to trust people. I created a transparent system where he is always in the loop by the ideas that I had in the system and by knowing the personalities of the people who owned the company. Try asking him to let me go!

He used to be so skeptical so on edge when i started there. He would turn over every piece of paper to inspect it. When I discovered he's the "inspector" LSI I thought "how can I implement a system where he never has to wonder about mistrusting me" so I did research and came up with a system of checks and balances. I said "everything that I do is transparent and this is how you can check something from anywhere you are and any time you need to." He is so comfortable now. He walks in my office and jokes with me. He knows he has total control over his company in the aspects that I work on. I would love to expand my influence but honestly I don't want to. I'm being paid well so why should I bother.
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

working consistently for a long time is something Se (creatives especially) is good at, more than Ne base anyway. Se is about how to apply force, endurance through struggles, holding on to the external objects as a meter of reference... Ne is about sniffing opportunities wherever they pop up, imagining alternatives, betting on them. Fi is not about consistent work either, but I guess it can preserve one's role inside a system for the sake of mainting a relationship with the things Fi cares for... so basically, if you're Fi, you're interested in your work in the amount it satisfies your personal agenda. 'work for working' is rather silly for a Fi, aha.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    working consistently for a long time is something Se (creatives especially) is good at, more than Ne base anyway. Se is about how to apply force, endurance through struggles, holding on to the external objects as a meter of reference... Ne is about sniffing opportunities wherever they pop up, imagining alternatives, betting on them. Fi is not about consistent work either, but I guess it can preserve one's role inside a system for the sake of mainting a relationship with the things Fi cares for... so basically, if you're Fi, you're interested in your work in the amount it satisfies your personal agenda. 'work for working' is rather silly for a Fi, aha.
    Is this another one of your "spew out functions" times?

Oh I'm struggling at a desk job
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I recently went to check up on a friend who works for a government agency. I met with two EII women there both were intake interviewers and both were calm, friendly, compassionate, warm. I thought wow "note to oneself" this is where you find EIIs
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Is this another one of your "spew out functions" times?

Oh I'm struggling at a desk job
    this was another one of your "spew out functions" times. I don't have a desk job, luckily.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

this was another one of your "spew out functions" times. I don't have a desk job, luckily.
    I'm pushing paperwork OG
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good for you : )

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

good for you : )
    So much Se I'm sweating. I just pushed paperwork from one pile to the other I expanded energy. It was awesome. Made me feel like a queen.
    -

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si
    Yes I value Si.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Yes I value Si.
    According to that you are Si base
    -

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to that you are Si base
    According to one line out of the entire paragraph.

TIM
    LSI 6w5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's quite common for intuitive introverts to get lost wandering in their minds. If you get lost too far away the consequence is that you'll procrastinate a lot and will be torn off reality.

As an EII I can say that in school I never was able to concentrate on what the teacher said when the lesson was about tecnical matters. I was good at those subject, but it's because I learn quickly with few effort. But I really struggled at paying the just attention. At physical jobs I had the same problem. I really struggled at living in the present moment, so I often was slower than required at accomplishing tasks. And the same applies to the social areas of life. The main problem with socializing is that I get bored about superficial matters and end up thinking about other stuff while people talk to me.

But this all changes if the area is humanitarian. If the lesson was about society, morality, existential stuff I was very alert, cause those are all themes that are natural for me. Since I naturally handle Fi and Ne information, I can be alive and truly responsive only when we talk about similar stuff. Everything else I can be good, but I'll never truly feel at home.

So yeah, I think it's common for EIIs to procrastinate, cause most of the time we have to handle information that's not natural and interesting to us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast