Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Wuhan Virus

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Protozoa View Post
    I'm torn between wanting everyone to just die from it already, so we can stop talking about it. (which I know is fucked up, but hey maybe I'm not that fond of humanity)

And

wanting the government to pass out virus injections so this can be over in two weeks.

I know that's fucked up because about 3% of people will die. But it honestly feels like this is all inevitable no matter what we do. It'll end up like the cold or flu, periodically reoccurring, so why delay the inevitable?
    If they did that, the percentage of people dying would be a lot higher. Hospitals would be overflowing and there wouldn't be enough ventilators. You'd end up with a hell of a lot more people dying and the US would be worse than Italy.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Human beings fear death. They always have. It helps keep them alive but also keeps some in a state of anxiety so something like this is bound to trigger it. In general it is easy to ignore the fact that people are dropping dead around us, all the time, but out of sight every day.

Approximately 25,000 people die of starvation and poverty per day.

So far today:
    Over 20,000 died of other communicable diseases
    Over 2700 died of HIV/AIDS
    Over 1500 died of Malaria
    Over 800 died of seasonal flu

Yesterday 354 died of coronavirus (reported)

More people are panicking and seeking treatment for stress and anxiety due to coronavirus. The people seeking it online has increased by thousands. Facing ones fears about their own mortality is inevitable for millions now.

This is not related to Ni. It is related to fear. Sure you can have strong Ni and be fearful but you can have strong Ni and not fear death as well. I have been sick for weeks. I can say with 99% certainty it is not coronavirus related. I am not afraid of shedding this mortal coil. I don't have a death wish either so I am avoiding going out because I have been sick and my recent blood test showed I have polychromasia. It is a good reason to be cautious for now.

I suggest anyone suffering from anxiety to seek some help. I am not directing that to Timber.
    This virus infection typically spreads at an average rate of double per 4 days. The death toll is going to end up a lot higher than the numbers you have listed. A conservative estimate of the number of people that are going to die in the US is 480,000. That's at the low end. High end will be 1.7 million. More than likely the virus is just going to keep spreading until we establish herd immunity. There are a lot of people greatly underestimating this. It's a very rational anxiety. Most people have family members that are at high risk factor. Panic is bad, but people should be a bit afraid.
    Last edited by Hitta; 03-14-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ahhh yes finally, the death

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Estonian - half understood half not especially in compound words. Makes me do the lolz even without corona
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitta View Post
    If they did that, the percentage of people dying would be a lot higher. Hospitals would be overflowing and there wouldn't be enough ventilators. You'd end up with a hell of a lot more people dying and the US would be worse than Italy.
    Yeah, but the US health care is the shittiest in the world. It's the most expensive healthcare and the least effective. They won't be ready for what we're about to have, I can promise you that.
    previously Megadoodoo

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The media and politicians (all of them) in my country went in the time frame of a few days (to hours) from Don't panic! It's just like a regular flu to Oh, fuck, it's exponential growth.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitta View Post
    This virus infection typically spreads at an average rate of double per 4 days. The death toll is going to end up a lot higher than the numbers you have listed. A conservative estimate of the number of people that are going to die in the US is 480,000. That's at the low end. High end will be 1.7 million. More than likely the virus is just going to keep spreading until we establish herd immunity. There are a lot of people greatly underestimating this. It's a very rational anxiety. Most people have family members that are at high risk factor. Panic is bad, but people should be a bit afraid.
    I didn't say there weren't reasons to be cautious. I even mentioned my own. I am also aware the numbers will rise, especially among the old and people with compromised immune systems.

I am sure you are aware that chronic stress can ravage the immune system so I won't be looking up studies to prove it but they are out there if anyone wants to look into it. Even a little stress can lower our resistance to disease. If someone wants to stress themselves out about it then there is nothing I can do about it. I didn't say not to take precautions. My suggestion to get psychological help stands if you are experiencing anxiety and stress due to the virus.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I can't confirm this information - is anyone able to do it?
    If true, it's important for most of the people on this forum (if inadvertently causing pain and death matters to them).

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was buying toilet paper yesterday and even here in Sweden the supply was pretty scarce, not a lot left. Coronavirus has ppl going mental. It's important to die with a clean ass I guess?

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    If true, it's important for most of the people on this forum (if inadvertently causing pain and death matters to them).

Yes, this is confirmed! We have severe preventive restrictions now because of exactly this reason. But these numbers you posted I haven't seen yet. That actually explains why the situation in Italy got so out of hand now and health care system is basically collapsing in Northern parts of the country if they still don't test broadly enough :/

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care about the coronavirus, I have nothing to fear with Jesus on my side, I also hate everyone and I never leave the house so the risk isn't very high for me

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, thank you. Italy has more cases than SK though, so even if that was the case... we still have higher numbers of cases on the older population. We have more tests running in the affected parts of the country too.

This chart can actually show why SK is the country with least deaths. If they don't test old people thoroughly, many old people can die without entering in the sad virus list.

Testing is expensive as it is expensive to run the tests and take the adequate measures for the positive cases (unfortunately Italy has a sad primacy in this); what's even more expensive is to completely block the country, but all of these are necessary steps we're taking in order to protect our community.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had to cancel many important things in the last 2/3 weeks, I've lost a lot of money, hopes, opportunities... I felt at my lowest and at the same time I had to reassure the people close to me, feeling worse than me. It wasn't easy. It won't get easier any time soon. But this too is an opportunity, a huge one. I'm recharging. Globally the world is recharging, breathing, getting cleaner, while we reduce our needs to what is essential. These limits we can't overcome, these limitations imposed on us are stripping away all the noise and refine what we hold dearest. It's a time for our minds to shift views, we're finding ourselves so fragile and for this hopefully we'll become stronger.

(and as I'm typing this, people are singing and playing music from their windows )

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hoarding scares me more than the pandemic, I'm kinda getting anxious about running out of something and not being able to refill. Kinda makes me want to hoard too, what bullshit.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post
    Yes, this is confirmed! We have severe preventive restrictions now because of exactly this reason. But these numbers you posted I haven't seen yet. That actually explains why the situation in Italy got so out of hand now and health care system is basically collapsing in Northern parts of the country if they still don't test broadly enough :/
    It's "collapsing" in two cities, it's just that our press isn't controlled by the govt and gets sensationalistic about every little thing.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sounds like there might be several Italian members of the forum? @FDG is the only person I "know" that I knew was from Italy, so he's been in my thoughts with all that's going on. Hope all y'all Italian forum members are doing good. A post about sensationalistic press is reassuring cuz if there is still talk about people overreacting and stuff even in Italy, that's a good thing, lol.

I half-watch the news over breakfast and my gestalt this morning from the experts was, "we're starting to have pretty good preventative measures, and looking back and saying we overreacted would be a good scenario." Sounds good.

I agree that turning out to have overreacted is not bad EXCEPT when it comes to things like hoarding goods that other people need, like @phi mentioned. Wtf people. I was at Walgreens not long ago and some guy was complaining that finally, after going to 4 stores, he could buy medicine for his sick kid. Don't fill your closet with shit like that, rude motherfuckers.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man, so I've been hearing about that and I feel kind of bad. I've been feeling a bit weak for two weeks and thought it was allergies, but I'm pretty sure I had a fever two nights when I went to sleep and I've been visiting my mom who is 70.

Now I'm not coughing and I'm not the type to yell and spit in people's faces, but I'm not sure that matters. It might just be the regular flu, but I keep hearing how some people have mild or no symptoms and it makes me wonder. The flu usually effects me differently and a cold has never made me feel this fatigued. It would be nice if I could actually buy a mask to prevent others from getting sick, but all the people freaked out and bought masks for healthy people...I guess I'll look into getting tested...if I'm positive they might have to close work, especially since people have been getting sick there since February. (but maybe it's the flu)
    previously Megadoodoo

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It's "collapsing" in two cities, it's just that our press isn't controlled by the govt and gets sensationalistic about every little thing.
    That's definitely good to hear that it is still restricted to certain places! Our government is now enacting pretty drastic policies based on the information about the situation there, but we are also basically next to Northern Italy.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post
    South Korea run 250,000 tests, Italy 90,000. But 200,000 of the South Korean tests were called only for a religious sect in Daegu that is considered to be the hotbed of the covid in South Korea. Considering that 3/4 of the Korean population is below 40 years old, and that Italy's median age is much older, it makes sense that all these cases were found distributed as they are, because very probably, the infections in the sect respect the same distribution of the population. In Italy there's another reality, also it looks like we're testing people more broadly.

yeah, sensationalism, also a big virtual hug to you ~

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xXdedXx View Post
    I was buying toilet paper yesterday and even here in Sweden the supply was pretty scarce, not a lot left. Coronavirus has ppl going mental. It's important to die with a clean ass I guess?
    Coronavirus is transmitted ass-to-mouth dumbass.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like there might be several Italian members of the forum? @FDG is the only person I "know" that I knew was from Italy, so he's been in my thoughts with all that's going on. Hope all y'all Italian forum members are doing good. A post about sensationalistic press is reassuring cuz if there is still talk about people overreacting and stuff even in Italy, that's a good thing, lol.
    At the moment it really depends on where you live. There's some cities in the north (near Milan) where a lot of people are in intensive care so it's really dangerous if you catch it now because they don't have any places left for you. Otoh some other cities have quite low numbers (say 200 infected in a population of 500k) so it's still manageable.

HOWEVER everyone in every city/town has to stay at home, all the shops are closed etc. - I still think it's too much and the press is overloading people with numbers like "1500 dead" - here in Italy we count every co-morbid death as COVID death, the opposite of what some other european countries (like Germany) are doing, thus our numbers are sky-high.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I can't help but praise what Italy is doing, even if it caused me harm and losses and psychological breakdowns, but what else should we do? watch the world getting on its knees, blocking contacts with everyone and then behave like everything's alright within our untested little circle (like Germany, France, UK)? nonsense.

it's a time of responsibilities and the sooner we realize the less damage we'll face. it should have become pretty obvious already that we're all connected in this, if Asians behave weird, we'll face the consequences, as we're doing now... countries that act like the problem is of someone else's only are very stupid and dangerous.

Italy's testing more than everyone, especially those with symptoms, no surprise we find more cases, more deaths, and yet ignorant people still come to tell me "ahah! Italy dirty! you don't wash your hands!" yeah.. that must be why UK is doing alright, lol

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    well I can't help but praise what Italy is doing, even if it caused me harm and losses and psychological breakdowns, but what else should we do? watch the world getting on its knees, blocking contacts with everyone and then behave like everything's alright within our untested little circle (like Germany, France, UK)? nonsense.

it's a time of responsibilities and the sooner we realize the less damage we'll face. it should have become pretty obvious already that we're all connected in this, if Asians behave weird, we'll face the consequences, as we're doing now... countries that act like the problem is of someone else's only are very stupid and dangerous.

Italy's testing more than everyone, especially those with symptoms, no surprise we find more cases, more deaths, and yet ignorant people still come to tell me "ahah! Italy dirty! you don't wash your hands!" yeah.. that must be why UK is doing alright, lol
    I personally don´t agree with restricting economic activity all over the country. Many places in center-south italy have extremely low numbers and people should move on with their lives as they see fit. Anything else is a breach of freedom. Yes I am low on and .

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally don´t agree with restricting economic activity all over the country. Many places in center-south italy have extremely low numbers and people should move on with their lives as they see fit. Anything else is a breach of freedom. Yes I am low on and .
    Italy still isn't doing enough. I'm pretty sure you need all the doctors in the country and probably more. Including the places that you are saying have low numbers.

Why would you even risk getting fucked more than you already are? It takes only one careless person to infect hundreds.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...ases-to-double

The number of cases doubles every 4 days in Italy. That is huge.

China's numbers are down to 34 days and S. Korea 14 days.

We don't have more than 100 cases in the UAE and we still closed down pretty much everything a long while ago.

WHO is recommending 14 days of quarantine for each case due to the nature of the virus. You can see why Italy's numbers are problematic.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    Italy still isn't doing enough. I'm pretty sure you need all the doctors in the country and probably more. Including the places that you are saying have low numbers.
    No in places with low numbers there´s almost no need for additional doctors. In places with really high numbers, doctors aren´t enough. I am sure that you are deeply familiar with the healthcare system of my home country, right?

Why would you even risk getting fucked more than you already are? It takes only one careless person to infect hundreds.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...ases-to-double

The number of cases doubles every 4 days in Italy. That is huge.

China's numbers are down to 34 days and S. Korea 14 days.

We don't have more than 100 cases in the UAE and we still closed down pretty much everything a long while ago.

WHO is recommending 14 days of quarantine for each case due to the nature of the virus. You can see why Italy's numbers are problematic.
    They are doubling in specific places, that´s what I´m telling you and it´s the whole point of my post. You should isolate those regions and let the others go on with their daily business with more precautions (I live in one of the regions who would be isolated frt, so I wouldn´t benefit from this differentiation).

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi and Fe have nothing to do with this, lol, instead Si is your Polr and I see you pushing hard to feel somewhat better, can't handle strict control and rules (Se), defying common logic (Te)

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No in places with low numbers there´s almost no need for additional doctors. In places with really high numbers, doctors aren´t enough. I am sure that you are deeply familiar with the healthcare system of my home country, right?
    The whole country is connected. If you are in need of doctors in certain regions, every one else is going to suffer. You still have other high priority cases in hospitals that are unrelated to CORONA.

I'm not the one rating Italy's response. These are the facts on the ground.

They are doubling in specific places, that´s what I´m telling you and it´s the whole point of my post. You should isolate those regions and let the others go on with their daily business with more precautions (I live in one of the regions who would be isolated frt, so I wouldn´t benefit from this differentiation).
    It's doubling everywhere. The only difference is the rate of spread, which is going to be just as bad everywhere else if people aren't halting their usual business.

I'm not sure what kind of restrictions you want to be lifted in light of everything we know.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole country is connected. If you are in need of doctors in certain regions, every one else is going to suffer. You still have other high priority cases in hospitals that are unrelated to CORONA.

It's doubling everywhere. The only difference is the rate of spread, which is going to be just as bad everywhere else if people aren't halting their usual business.

I'm not sure what kind of restrictions you want to be lifted in light of everything we know.
    It's pretty ignorant of you to accuse us with misread data. All of Italy's been blocked for a whole week now, after 3 weeks of target containment, no other countries had decided to do the same before, China, South Korea, UAE havent been/ are not so extreme. And you accuse us of what? Of running more tests and keeping the population in check more than others.

Hint: the rate of spread is proportional to the tests conducted...uhh.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty ignorant of you to accuse us with misread data. All of Italy's been blocked for a whole week now, after 3 weeks of target containment, no other countries had decided to do the same before, China, South Korea, UAE havent been/ are not so extreme. And you accuse us of what? Of running more tests and keeping the population in check more than others.

Hint: the rate of spread is proportional to the tests conducted...uhh.
    Sure is nationalistic here.

Everyone is calling Italy's response as one of the worst and you are making excuses for it. Three weeks ago Italy only had three cases. Now it has more than 10,000. They were slow to stop mass gatherings.

Schools closed here before Italy even acknowledged the situation.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is calling Italy's response as one of the worst and you are making excuses for it.
    As usual there's all kind of people around who can't use their brains ; )

Three weeks ago Italy only had three cases. Now it has more than 10,000. They were slow to stop mass gatherings.
    we stopped mass gatherings in February.

Schools closed here before Italy even acknowledged the situation.
    schools in here started to close from February 22. In UAE they closed on March 8. Mass gathering in UAE stopped last week too.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As usual there's all kind of people around who can't use their brains ; )
    Low bait. I'm not sure why people feel the need to defend their country. I've never felt that blind nationalistic pride, unlike my peers/friends, so I can't really relate.

we stopped mass gatherings in February.
    Not everywhere.

schools in here started to close from February 22. In UAE they closed on March 8. Mass gathering in UAE stopped last week too.

Only in Lombardy. All schools in Italy closed in March when the death toll reached 100. We still have no deaths. The situation in both countries is very different.

Keep rolling your eyes though if it makes you feel better.

I'm pretty sure the numbers will increase here as well. I just hope we are doing enough to slow it down, because once it gets to a certain point it's almost impossible to control.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low bait. I'm not sure why people feel the need to defend their country. I've never felt that blind nationalistic pride, unlike my peers/friends, so I can't really relate.

Not everywhere.

Only in Lombardy. All schools in Italy closed in March when the death toll reached 100. We still have no deaths. The situation in both countries is very different.

I'm pretty sure the numbers will increase here as well. I just hope we are doing enough to slow it down, because once it gets to a certain point it's almost impossible to control.
    I'm not gonna waste my time with someone who can't even use google. bye

nice display of lies and high IQ btw!

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not gonna waste my time with someone who can't even use google. bye

nice display of lies and high IQ btw!
    No worries. I was going to drop out anyway. It's a sensitive subject and while I love to debate, this isn't the time for it.

I hope the situation in Italy improves soon. While I've never been to Italy, I'm in love with the culture and have cheered for your national team in every world cup since 1998. I'm a die hard Cannavaro fan.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You simply have no idea how our country is structured. Doctors who are responsible in a certain region do not move around to other places "in need" - they stay where they are. Moreover, some places are not connected to the places where most of the infection is "spreading" because they have more of a local economy without much industry.

I´ll leave the discussion now because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not everywhere.

Hope most of you dumb islamic assholes die and BURN IN OUR CHRISTIAN HELL hopefully FOREVER

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You simply have no idea how our country is structured. Doctors who are responsible in a certain region do not move around to other places "in need" - they stay where they are. Moreover, some places are not connected to the places where most of the infection is "spreading" because they have more of a local economy without much industry.

I´ll leave the discussion now because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
    Right.

Hope most of you dumb islamic assholes die and BURN IN OUR CHRISTIAN HELL hopefully FOREVER
    LOL? Not sure if serious or not. I remember you being more reasonable. In any case, I'm an atheist, I couldn't care less about any religion. There is no hell, buddy.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When normal LIE's go Hans Gruber.

http://blog.scarecrow.com/die-hard-h...in-leadership/

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries. I was going to drop out anyway. It's a sensitive subject and while I love to debate, this isn't the time for it.

I hope the situation in Italy improves soon. While I've never been to Italy, I'm in love with the culture and have cheered for your national team in every world cup since 1998. I'm a die hard Cannavaro fan.
    exactly, it's a very serious matter and misinformation is of no help. I wish the best to all bros and sis down there in UAE too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the reaction to coronavirus parallels election time hysteria

funny times we live in

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast