Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Disney Movies and Characters

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My most favorite Disney movie lately is probably Princess & the Frog - because it was like a refreshing look at modern male/female relationships and gender roles or something. Without being like campy & annoying over the top powerful woman ness. Tiana is a really likeable Disney Princess. As she realizes a good work ethic and a get it done attitude is the best thing to have. And the prince is kinda the typical str8 male, somebody who wants to use only his charm and goofiness to get by in life- but she teaches him otherwise, that sometimes you just have to work. She saves him in her own way, w/o it having to be over the top role reversal-y. I liked it.

Frozen was okay but I also think it's really overrated and over marketed. Buy Frozen fish sticks for your middle class toddler now! LoL

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    EJ + ST + E8 maybe = I could easily see this resulting in a "harsh" personality
    Except that there is nothing intrinsically 'harsh' about EJ (someone who manages, rather than adapts), nothing intrinsically 'harsh' about ST (someone best at manipulating objective, concrete data). As for E8, if you mean Enneagram, I don't think this should provide a way around unusual Socionics typing, as if the two systems are completely unrelated despite reporting on similar phenomena.

I would say that whether he is Se-valuing or not should be the main thing to focus on when looking at someone's harshness.
    Founder & President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    Except that there is nothing intrinsically 'harsh' about EJ (someone who manages, rather than adapts), nothing intrinsically 'harsh' about ST (someone best at manipulating objective, concrete data). As for E8, if you mean Enneagram, I don't think this should provide a way around unusual Socionics typing, as if the two systems are completely unrelated despite reporting on similar phenomena.

I would say that whether he is Se-valuing or not should be the main thing to focus on when looking at someone's harshness.
    Except that there is nothing instrinsically 'harsh' about Se.

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except that there is nothing instrinsically 'harsh' about Se.
    I would disagree with that. I would say that Se in its opposition to Ne is direct rather than exploratory and in opposition to Si is confrontational rather than harmonious.
    Founder & President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Has Maleficent been typed yet? Gamma seems about right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tiana enfj ni

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think I shuold calculate of Beta (EIE) villains in Disney movies

I think it is rather high

Anyway: rather interesting review of the Beauty and the Beast.

Movie reviews should be more like that. Could it be more delta parody?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE-Ne Baloo
    SEE-Fi Bagheera
    EII-Fi Aladdin, Mary Poppins
    LSE-Si Jasmine, Bert (Mary Poppins)
    IEE-Ne Belle, Geppetto
    SLI-Te Beast, Arthur (Merlin)
    SLE-Se Gaston
    ESE-Fe Lumiere
    ILI-Ni Cogsworth , Archimedes (Merlin)
    EIE-Ni Scar, Maleficent
    SEE-Se Simba
    ESI-Se Mufasa
    SLI-Si Pinocchio
    SLE-Ti Peter Pan
    ILE-Ti Merlin
    SEI-Si Alice
    ESI-Fi Snow White
    Last edited by mclane; 12-21-2016 at 06:07 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    ILE-Ne Baloo
    SEE-Fi Bagheera
    EII-Fi Aladdin, Mary Poppins
    LSE-Si Jasmine, Bert (Mary Poppins)
    IEE-Ne Belle, Geppetto
    SLI-Te Beast, Arthur (Merlin)
    SLE-Se Gaston
    ESE-Fe Lumiere
    ILI-Ni Cogsworth , Archimedes (Merlin)
    EIE-Ni Scar, Maleficent
    SEE-Se Simba
    ESI-Se Mufasa
    SLI-Si Pinocchio
    SLE-Ti Peter Pan
    ILE-Ti Merlin
    SEI-Si Alice
    ESI-Fi Snow White
    Cool. <3 Super curious about Hades from Hercules, you would categorize him as...?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Cool. <3 Super curious about Hades from Hercules, you would categorize him as...?
    Well, the original Hades is probably an SLI-Te, but the Disney portrayal seems more like a beta NF (if I remember him correctly).

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finding Nemo
    Nemo: IEE
    Marlin: SLI
    Dory: IEE
    Gill: ILI

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jaffar: LIE

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Walt Disney himself was an ILE-Ti, but he didn't seem to make any characters in his image lol. Disney's Aladdin was an SEE-Se, Scar seemed like an EIE-Ni, Judge Claude Frollo was an LSI-Ti, and Megara from Disney's Hercules was an ILE-Ti. I don't know what types any of the other characters were.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Walt Disney - INTP - Balzac

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    LSE funny is sexual; joke about self deprecating, sarcasm,
    This is not accurate at all. You may be confusing SLEs with LSEs. SLE may do this, but not LSE. SLE has mobilizing Fe - they will seek out a reaction from the group of people around, will often joke around and sometimes say shocking and inappropriate things to get a reaction.

LSEs have role Fe, so they are aware that they should be doing more to contribute to the emotional atmosphere, but do not. They come across as stiff and serious. They are also careful not to say anything that could be interpreted inappropriately. This is part of what makes them seem stiff, boring, and rigid in the eyes of others.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Pooh is Delta NF

Tigger is SEE
    Piglett is probably LSE lol, always chiding Pooh

Gaston, definitely EJ, not SLE...LSE probably, only they could be so proprietary about women. Belle is IEE and Beast is SLI, I guess.

Actually, being proprietary about women is characteristic of an 'Aggressor' (Se-Ni) romance style, which SLEs belong to. According to Gulenko, Victim types (Ni) appreciate it when their partner fights for them, proves themselves to be worthy of them, and "claims" them. This is part of Se-valuing, which is very territorial. LSEs have the Caregiver style and do not act that way with a romantic interest. In Beauty and the Beast, Gaston is using his natural Aggressor romance style, which is repelling to Belle, an Infantile type (EII).

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    I am actually unsure about the Delta status of the Beast. In a way, he seems rather too harsh. I agree with EII for Belle.

LSEs have strong 4D demonstrative Se. It is not valued, but it is still a very visible part of their psyche. It is as strong as the lead function, but as a demonstrative function, is not taken very seriously. The Beast would sometimes make harsh threats ("Then go ahead and STARVE!") but he did not actually follow through on them or physically hurt anyone. Though Beast appeared harsh on the surface, he did not have any serious intentions to harm. Unlike true Se-valuing types, he was hard on the outside, but soft on the inside. Gaston, however, was very serious about his use of force. He fully intended to kill the beast. But when Beast had the chance to kill Gaston, he chose not to.

Also, part of what makes the Beast appear harsh is his short temper. But having a short temper is not related to Se-valuing, but rather, is related to temperament. A short-temper is actually characteristic for LSEs, who have a choleric temperament (according to Gulenko). Many of the original Socionics authors, such as Stratiyevskaya, mention many times that LSEs often appear harsh and lack restraint. Se is a visible part of their personality, but they try to restrain themselves from using any physical force. This is unlike true Se-valuing types, who are comfortable using force whenever they see it as necessary.

Finally, for Se-valuing types, open displays of power and dominance are important. Gaston wanted to kill the Beast in part to prove that he was dominant over him, that he had a higher position than him in the "system" (it's very typical for Beta types to fight for a high place in whatever system they are a part of). He didn't like that Beast was stealing away Belle, who he viewed as belonging to him. Beast, however, had no interest in these power plays, and was not trying to project his power or strength. As a Delta type, he simply wanted to be left alone to live in peace, and was not struggling for any expansion of perceived territory the way a Beta would.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)- SEI... maybe IEI? I don’t know I can only remember so much.
    Cinderella- Alpha SF?
    Belle- NF, not EIE
    Alice- People have Alice as SEI, but could she be IEE?
    Chick from Frozen, Elsa- hmmmm IEI-Ni? ESI? No idea lol

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baby Yoda - ISFP - Dumas

Last edited by khcs; 06-13-2020 at 06:17 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LJDL View Post
    This is not accurate at all. You may be confusing SLEs with LSEs. SLE may do this, but not LSE. SLE has mobilizing Fe - they will seek out a reaction from the group of people around, will often joke around and sometimes say shocking and inappropriate things to get a reaction.

LSEs have role Fe, so they are aware that they should be doing more to contribute to the emotional atmosphere, but do not. They come across as stiff and serious. They are also careful not to say anything that could be interpreted inappropriately. This is part of what makes them seem stiff, boring, and rigid in the eyes of others.
    I’ve been raised by more than one LSE and my husband is one
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lady Yoda - INFJ - Dostoevsky

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Elsa is an emo LSE. It's even in her name. ELSA > ELSA > LSEA > LSE. So that might just be my subconscious screaming at me, or subliminal messages.

Anyways, from what I remember of the first movie she took up tradition and the reigns so to speak, and did an excellent job at managing her kingdom after her parents passed. She was much more orderly than her sister Anna. Yet, she doesn't seem to be good with ethics imo. Has a tendency to underestimate the relational distance between her and others from what I remember. Fi seeking maybe. From how she spoke to servants and even her loved ones, she was very cordial but still somewhat distant and even blunt at times. Fe role I would think.

Just my take.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert Allen Iger - ENTJ Jack London

Magical girl (◠‿・)—☆ ShiningLunette's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boy, it's my chance to shine!

Disney is the most Delta thing. You cannot be Delta and dislike (the good) Disney films at the same time
    Most Disney heroes have been ENFp E6s from what I can tell
    You just explained my obsession with disney. I didn't know it was Delta thing xD
    Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Disney is Alpha/Delta, with Walt Disney being probably ESE himself.

Lindsey Ellis, a youtube vlogger is a ESE-Si. She discusses Disney frequently.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand how Frollo is EIE. He strikes me more of an LSI, and if not, ESI.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vaush was typed SEI by Rat, which is something… A little perplexing considering how he behaves and thinks (which is very far from SEIs, even unhealthy ones). Less than Lindsey as ESE, but still. Kinda like 'Freddy Mercury SLI' of Beautiful Sky (no offense).

Frollo as LSI is close to consensus, but on the first pages you can see some people typing him EIE.
    Okay as a 30 something man I'm going to spend some time talking about this Disney topic, which is probably sad.

Lindsey is ESE. Straight up ESE, there is no doubt in my mind. She is a rational, extrovert, extroverted feeling type, with creative Si. Look at her office for pete's sakes.

That she breaks things down in a logical way, and makes a million connections, doesn't't mean she actually is a INTj. Dual types tend to look like each other over time, especially when rounded out.

She's the "socialite subtype".

Watch the first 10 mins of this. Her trip to Disney land, the photos, the toy collections? God its like written on a barn wall. You must be from the camp that thinks ESE is like this outrageous Robin Williams type of person.

Frollo is a very, very good instance of a pathological LSI.

Finally, she hates Pocahontas, which is arguably the most Ni Disney animation there is. The way she comes at the concepts from a Ne SF perspective is Ni-polr. Any discussion of spirits, spiritualism, is scoffed at and turned into the brand of idealougism-discussion- analytic connection making that I know alpha types are famous for. I find it interesting that her discussion of Pocahontas inner intuitive compass that is influenced by the forces of the age and time outside her control and therefore her duty to a grander picture, as opposed to a more mediated, safer message from Moana, for a child being that she can make a choice to help her family or not, as long as she herself feels good about it, its supremely Ni-polr in terms of ESE. I also find it telling how she mocks the metaphor of water in the movie and its meaning, which has been implicated in Socionics circles as easily understood typical language of intuitive intuition. To ESE, anything woo is silly. "Water is the metaphor" is to obvious an idea to her and therefore should be made fun of. The irony being most of what Disney does is obvious and unsubtle. That she enjoyed Moana, a Lin Manual pet project, is so telling for being an Alpha overall. Lin Manual's stuff is junk, imho. Its like the stuff a child would write.

Last edited by raTG13; 11-10-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Micheal Eisner, CEO of Disney during the 80s and 90s -> LSE - Te

The transference from possibilities and innocence care taking of old Disney into pragmatistic wealth creation New Disney.

Old Disney, Walt Disney Quotes :

Do a good job. You don’t have to worry about the money; it will take care of itself. Just do your best work — then try to trump it.The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.
    When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    First, think. Second, believe. Third, dream. And finally, dare.

{some perfectionism here}

"The worst of us is not without innocence, although buried deeply it might be. In my work I try to reach and speak to that innocence, showing it the fun and joy of living; showing it that laughter is healthy; showing it that the human species, although happily ridiculous at times, is still reaching for the stars."
    Compare, Micheal Eisner Quote, New Disney
    “We have no obligation to make art. We have no obligation to make history. We have no obligation to make a statement. But to make money, it is often important to make history, to make art, or to make some significant statement. We must always make entertaining movies, and, if we make entertaining movies, at times, we will reliably make history, art, a statement or all three.
    We cannot expect numerous hits, but if every film has an original and imaginative concept, then we can be confident that something will break through.”

Nu-Disney is the latest manifestation. Its the most cynical version of imaginary Disney that uses its own legends to the point of turning them into resurrected necromancer corpses. See live action Mulan, Lion King, ect. A movie that was supposed to appease China and her markets but failed miserably. American cynismism meets Communist Zeitgeist. Lion King got the bling though, so keep squeezing that lemon Te based Disney.

Nu-Disney and her pursuit of the Chinese Yen was what allowed WIV bioweapon to be swept under the rug. National Geographic, a recently acquired subsidiary of Nu-Disney, won't be questioning COVID19 origins anytime soon, especially if it implicates the Chinese themselves. Gotta get that bread, right Nu-Disney?

As Jackie Chan learned, you can't make Communists happy, ever. Not even if you tried. They will end up taking away your Shanghai Mega mansion away anyway and toss you in the gutter. This happened to Jackie.
    Last edited by raTG13; 11-10-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, because Robin Williams was an ESE. He was a good example of an ESE. This is how ESEs are like. This is why types exist in the first place.
    Lindsey is nothing alike because she is not an ESE. Congratulations, judicious people like Disney and go for trips and have funny, quite infantile rooms. How that doesn't fit with LII is beyond me. Hell, you do can see many SLIs doing and having so, especially if they have their IEE around. Both SLIs and LIIs often keep toy collections.

Her emotiveness is far too low to be anything but 1D Fe. She is pretty much subdued with Fe, be it her suggestive or PoLR, and clearly holds stronger Ti - that comes to her way more naturally (see her video on Cain). This is a much better indicator than how many plushies she may have in her room.

If you can type Lindsey as ESE, you can go 'well, screw this system anyway' and type anyone as anything you want with no regards to theory, starting from SEI Putin. You go, unlimited possibilities. Nothing matters anyway, amrite?
    She's ESE and her Fe is under excellent control. If you want a LII, then watch her video of New Zealand where she goes to New Zealand and TLOTR sets. Her friend is a LII.

In regards to SLI, I keep in mind that although the pattern is similar, they are in total different spheres and the outlooks are way different.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Manual Miranda Nu-Disney song writer.

SEI - Fe

Note the way Alpha themes circle around this idea of "who am I really", as the Socion evolves this question gets put into the back ground, as subsequent sociotypes answer this question, put this question to bed even, and move on past knowing who they are. They already know, don't care, or larger questions become important. This also follows the maturity path of the individual in terms of age. Children are building this self concept, teens enter into the broader world, adults reaffirm who they are, and fit against the broader context, mid age brings a questioning and perhaps destruction, and finally a cathartic release and a continuation without a Self. Finally death of what is left over.

It's also note worthy that this movie's villain is a character described as crab who survives and thrives in the deep dark dangerous sea by using glittery jewels. To survive you need tough armour and wealth to build power {and that is *bad*} Referencing ESFp Se, and Te archetypes?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baby Yoda needs a tiny pet in future episodes. Something similar to the ones we find in the computer game called Among Us.

This is the comment you are looking for

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scar - LII

Self-confident. Intelligent. Rebel. Paranoid.

- Convinced that he’s always right and he doesn’t care about what others think. Works with to create his masterplan to rule Prideland

- Creates a master-plan to take over the Prideland; the perfect murder, a way to control the lionesses, and minions to do the hands-on dirty work.

- Scar tends to take life very seriously, and appreciates others who can show him the lighter side of things, Ex: Zazu singing "It's a small world after all"

- Is easily over-stimulated by bright light, noise, and he prefers to stay in shadowy places with all the hyenas. Once in a while, indulges in good food, sings/listens music to put him in a good mood () and to forget his plans + responsibilities of ruling the kingdom

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Mandalorian is a very successful film series. It is available at Disney Plus streaming service.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Werner Herzoh - The Client - ENFP Huxley - Delta Quadrant

Last edited by khcs; 12-07-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peli Motto - Gamma Quadrant

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kuiil - Alpha Quadrant

Last edited by khcs; 12-08-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burg - Alpha Quadrant

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xi'an - Beta Quadrant

Last edited by khcs; 12-08-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mayfeld - Beta Quadrant

Are you a Gungan?

Last edited by khcs; 12-08-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast