164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A What/How/Why Model of Typology

I've come to this conclusion regarding both socionics and enneagram:

Enneatype (tritype, wings, etc.) = what you go after
    Sociotype (and subtypes) = how you go after it
    Instinctual stackings = why you go after it

There are obviously more harmonious and more tense combinations of these three, but as I see it now any combination is possible, not only the harmonious ones that people seem to assume are the only possible ones. I perceive the less harmonious/more tense ones as having sort of more dynamism to get things done externally since it's sort of pulled tighter, but also as being rougher to have from an internal perspective since there's all the tension on you.

I also have ideas about how enneatypes and instinctual stackings are derived from Reinin (including Jungian) dichotomies but that's complicated and not complete so I won't go into it here yet.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you try to explain it with an example?

ESE 1w9 148 SxSo?

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    Could you try to explain it with an example?

ESE 1w9 148 SxSo?
    Frankly, this seems like the exact typing of, say, a Martin Luther King Jr. type if they're old enough/in the right position for that. Sx/So social reform, ESE is sort of more gentle and affable as well as generally eloquent (look at a bunch of real ESEs) and interested in new ideas ( HA) and systems ( suggestive), 1 is primarily interested in justice, rightness, etc., 4 sees themselves as different and wants self-expression (and is not afraid of sticking out) and 8 seeks power (which, with Sx/So, is social power or political, but through changing what is desired on a cultural level with Sx). Did you pick this randomly or is this someone you know/a famous person?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post

There are obviously more harmonious and more tense combinations of these three, but as I see it now any combination is possible, not only the harmonious ones that people seem to assume are the only possible ones. I perceive the less harmonious/more tense ones as having sort of more dynamism to get things done externally since it's sort of pulled tighter, but also as being rougher to have from an internal perspective since there's all the tension on you.

I also have ideas about how enneatypes and instinctual stackings are derived from Reinin (including Jungian) dichotomies but that's complicated and not complete so I won't go into it here yet.
    Switch instinct stackings and enneatype. Enneagram is the why (=motivation), instincts are the what (=target of your primary, secondary, tertiary mode of approaching life).

Ok, your Reinin idea sounds promising. Keep it up!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly, this seems like the exact typing of, say, a Martin Luther King Jr. type if they're old enough/in the right position for that. Sx/So social reform, ESE is sort of more gentle and affable as well as generally eloquent (look at a bunch of real ESEs) and interested in new ideas ( HA) and systems ( suggestive), 1 is primarily interested in justice, rightness, etc., 4 sees themselves as different and wants self-expression (and is not afraid of sticking out) and 8 seeks power (which, with Sx/So, is social power or political, but through changing what is desired on a cultural level with Sx). Did you pick this randomly or is this someone you know/a famous person?
    ok! Yea it could fit someone I knew. It is a interesting type.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i kinda thought, socionics is a tool or a means to an end, (that's why a dual feel lowers anxiety, they have the tools you were missing but which you need)
    Stackings are the end, an Sx wants excitement in their life, So wants a social life, Sp wants to preserve themselves.
    Enneagram is a bit of a weak socionics idea. so rather use socionics instead.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    yeah i kinda thought, socionics is a tool or a means to an end, (that's why a dual feel lowers anxiety, they have the tools you were missing but which you need)
    Stackings are the end, an Sx wants excitement in their life, So wants a social life, Sp wants to preserve themselves.
    Enneagram is a bit of a weak socionics idea. so rather use socionics instead.
    I'm using all three. Look what I did with Tigerfadder's provided info, and anyways, as I said, I think that the enneagram is implicit in information processing.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say socionics is about both how and why. It does explain the what but in very general terms. In any case Enneagram overlaps very strongly with socionics so I would guess that it has the same status. I don't buy the idea that they are somehow orthogonal.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I would say socionics is about both how and why. It does explain the what but in very general terms. In any case Enneagram overlaps very strongly with socionics so I would guess that it has the same status. I don't buy the idea that they are somehow orthogonal.
    How does enneagram overlap? I also don't think they're "orthogonal", I think they both arise out of the same system, although one is not dependent on the other. I just can't confirm this myself even though I know how to. Socionics also doesn't explain the "what" at all (look at all the different kinds of people within any one type) or the "why". With all 3 things I posted, you can actually pretty much describe a person down to a T, like I did for Tigerfadder.

@Jarno I said I think that it's actually part of the same thing but it would take some mathematics that I don't know how to do to explicate my idea.