Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Type me before climate change destroys us all

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fresh meat View Post
    Sooo. Are gut types sensing or intuition?
    Can be both

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    @Number 9 large Yeah bruh. That's called black and white thinking. I can't believe you're saying 6s are primarily a logical type, when they are in the reactive triad and primarily driven by fear. Logic =/= Thinking! you're saying no one else thinks, except for logical types and head types.

Wow, doesn't this sound like low T?
    6w7s are often described as warm and a people-person, and here it is, from the exact same website you quoted. Especially with w7, I wonder why that is? Maybe because 7 gives an extroverted, less "thinking" or "logical" (from MBTI and socionics) approach, and a more outward approach as they externalise their fear. Of course, when they move to the outside, I wonder what they might find? People! Especially with a 2 fix.

Your way of "proving" this is by saying that if you don't feel, you must be a head type, if you don't think, you must be a image type, and if you just do, you're a gut type. What about the fears? How can you try to put logic like that in a system that's primarily about fears and emotions? Have you asked him if he's ever felt the 2s core fears, or do you think that just like the way you can rationalize socionics because it's a primarily Ti system, you can also rationalise Enneagram, with its complex fears which cannot be quantified, and by extension people too?

Also, all of this stuff you just "proved" is failing to consider the fact that ethical is a different word from emotional. An ethical type can be really calm and collected, and if the image you have of ethical types in your head is someone who can never prove themselves in an argument or is always governed by their emotions or whatever, it's wrong - which you seem to be implying by continuously highlighting that they have problems with logical solutions, and therefore cannot be a head type. You're also saying 7s derive logical conclusions when in fact a 7 can often derive conclusions based on their ETHICAL PRINCIPLES which is what ethical types are all about, rather than merely "feeling", because everyone feels. Thinking type =/= logical conclusions, thinking type = primarily in their heads, driven by FEAR.

Enneagram is about emotions. Stop trying to take them out of this. And if you continue saying that they don't measure different aspects of personality, which they do, you just look like a fool.
    Enneagram is not about emotions. Its also about CENTERS OF INTELLIGENCE, WHICH CORRELATE WITH THE THINKING AND FEELING DICHOTOMIES, jesus.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Enneagram is not about emotions. Its also about CENTERS OF INTELLIGENCE, WHICH CORRELATE WITH THE THINKING AND FEELING DICHOTOMIES, jesus.
    Centers of... Emotional intelligence. Due to the fact that it deals with shame, anger and fear, which are, by definition, emotions. But you can't grasp it, considering you're a thinker, right? Also, try focusing on the other aspects of my post, instead of the only one you can use clever wordplay to get out of replying to.
    @fresh meat sorry for not responding, this website won't send me notifs for when I'm mentioned for some reason. I think you embody beta values a lot more than gamma; and though a case can be made for SEE, I don't see your Fi. Maybe that's because no one has asked the right questions or because we're trying to type you over the internet, but I haven't seen it.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Centers of... Emotional intelligence. Due to the fact that it deals with shame, anger and fear, which are, by definition, emotions. But you can't grasp it, considering you're a thinker, right? Also, try focusing on the other aspects of my post, instead of the only one you can use clever wordplay to get out of replying to.
    @fresh meat sorry for not responding, this website won't send me notifs for when I'm mentioned for some reason. I think you embody beta values a lot more than gamma; and though a case can be made for SEE, I don't see your Fi. Maybe that's because no one has asked the right questions or because we're trying to type you over the internet, but I haven't seen it.
    No centers of intelligence period. For the heart center that would be emotional intelligence yes, hence why almost all ethical types are in the heart center, and cannot be head center cuz that center directly correlates to Thinking in socionics and in socionics if ur good at T ur F is weaker (not a strength)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No centers of intelligence period.
    For the heart center that would be emotional intelligence yes, hence why almost all ethical types are in the heart center, and cannot be head center cuz that center directly correlates to Thinking in socionics and in socionics if ur good at T ur F is weaker (not a strength).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arguing this is absolutely pointless, lol. I won't waste my time anymore since you won't get it.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Arguing this is absolutely pointless, lol. I won't waste my time anymore since you won't get it.
    No you wont get it cuz ur Ti polr apparently. Go fuck off

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No you wont get it cuz ur Ti polr apparently. Go fuck off
    How mature. Are you pissed off? Are you feeling something? Wait, that's impossible, you're a thinker and a head type. Silly me.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like he’s the type of person who spits at you when he’s mad
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst you’re an LSI, what do you have to say?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Aylen always talks about how I have *more* intuition than the average SEE which may or may not be true and could point to an intuitive type in itself but at the same time I think people underestimate the intelligence of Se bases and intelligence is often wrongly mistaken as “intuition” (whatever that is )
    LOL don't worry I am not confusing your intelligence for intuition. I know the difference.

I guess I could ask what people see as strong Se in you. That might be the better question. I know people use demo function often especially in private, which is where most of our conversations have taken place, but in general you show more Fe than Se imo. Maybe if you wrote something about how you perceive a walk through a city similar to what Herzy did it might say something about your sensing.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How mature. Are you pissed off? Are you feeling something? Wait, that's impossible, you're a thinker and a head type. Silly me.
    Who's dabbing in logical absolutes now? I never said thinkers dont have feelings and feelers dont have thoughts, i said that their STRENGTHS lie at either one of them according to both theories, you know, it being a dichotomy and all, but i guess thats too nuanced thinking for you

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    LOL don't worry I am not confusing your intelligence for intuition. I know the difference.

I guess I could ask what people see as strong Se in you. That might be the better question. I know people use demo function often especially in private, which is where most of our conversations have taken place, but in general you show more Fe than Se imo. Maybe if you wrote something about how you perceive a walk through a city similar to what Herzy did it might say something about your sensing.
    That could be a very useful question, actually. ^^^ don’t ignore that question, people. Maybe it would also be useful if others pointed out what function I seem to use often in private, too (for demo purposes - is it Fe or Ne; I would also consider my public posts on here “private” just because I don’t tend to talk as formally and have all my words together like this in real life - nor do I get to talk about some of these subjects). So I’m gonna start with you: do you see strong Se in me and what is it or do you see strong Fe and what is it, and do I seem Fe demo or Ne demo in “private”?

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve also heard that people tend to use their valued lower functions in private rather than openly so maybe I’m just a wild Se boss in the real world and a Ni wizard online.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's dabbing in logical absolutes now? I never said thinkers dont have feelings and feelers dont have thoughts, i said that their STRENGTHS lie at either one of them according to both theories, you know, it being a dichotomy and all, but i guess thats too nuanced thinking for you
    You've still refused to answer the valid points I made about the relations between enneagram and socionics, though. And it's quite obvious that I was just making fun of you with my previous statement. Don't quote me unless you're planning on giving an actual argument pertaining to what we discussed, rather than repeating one phrase over and over again and underlining words in screenshots. If you need it repeated, a "thinking" type does not absolutely have to be a logical type, because ethical types also think, they just arrive to conclusions based on ethical principles rather than pure logic. It *can* be, and there are certainly strong connections between T and 5, for example, but to say that a 7 can't be a ethical type shows how little you understand people and how bad you are at applying the theory in real life.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@voider what do you think are the right questions to measure Fi?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You've still refused to answer the valid points I made about the relations between enneagram and socionics, though. And it's quite obvious that I was just making fun of you with my previous statement. Don't quote me unless you're planning on giving an actual argument pertaining to what we discussed, rather than repeating one phrase over and over again and underlining words in screenshots. If you need it repeated, a "thinking" type does not absolutely have to be a logical type, because ethical types also think, they just arrive to conclusions based on ethical principles rather than pure logic. It *can* be, and there are certainly strong connections between T and 5, for example, but to say that a 7 can't be a ethical type shows how little you understand people and how bad you are at applying the theory in real life.
    i already gave my arguments, and u have the brain capacity to see that 5 cant be ethical, then u can also see that 7 isnt ethical

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@voider what do you think are the right questions to measure Fi?
    Not too sure about this, but at the very least, Fi is being able to notice the energy connections between people and things, and of course people with other people, and whether coupled with Ne or Se, see their potential or see how you can act upon them. Beyond interpersonal relationships, Fi is also personal ethics, of course, which like Ti, fits statements in a particular framework, in this case an ethical framework. A question I guess I would ask is do you value what is being said and how that fits with your view of the world, or what is being said and how that affects the current emotional atmosphere?

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, going back to Avatar, Aang is without a doubt an IEE and there’s no way he’s anything but a clear cut 7w6 so/sx

By your logic, he would be 3w4 but nothing about him is 3 and he’s bouncing with airy 7w6 head energy

he also fits the description of the So 7 wanting to build a better future for the world at large

Really, the only difference between him and Sokka is how they make their decisions ex. Aang looks at what he thinks is morally correct based on his personal values (which is also anti 3, because 3s have a more streamlined way of looking at and incorporating their ideas from what’s socially acceptable - so if a 3 lived in the fire nation they would most likely support the militaristic and aristocratic style of the fire nation and the use of brutal force rather than wanting a nonviolent peaceful approach to the point of not harming the “enemy” and only stripping them of their means of destruction. Ok I’m kinda talking out my ass at this point but you get it I guess and this is no shade against 3s I love them and they can be highly opinionated and sarcastic but there’s still that process of looking outwards first). Also the use of their demo functions; Sokka is a great planner with his 4D Te and uses it when the time comes for it but it’s not his main concern at large, and Aang is able to light up the emotional atmosphere but that’s not his main focus either. Otherwise they both have the same sense of humor and basic personality construct but I think Aang is actually a more obvious 7

anyways that was a good excuse to type a bunch of crap to kill time, thank you

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed, although you won’t get an answer from him he’ll just cry and spit his dummy out. Very clear LSI not understanding people in the slightest

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    Indeed, although you won’t get an answer from him he’ll just cry and spit his dummy out. Very clear LSI not understanding people in the slightest
    im crying and spitting dummy? you have actually no arguments but ''youre a dumdumb LSI'' lol

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not too sure about this, but at the very least, Fi is being able to notice the energy connections between people and things, and of course people with other people, and whether coupled with Ne or Se, see their potential or see how you can act upon them. Beyond interpersonal relationships, Fi is also personal ethics, of course, which like Ti, fits statements in a particular framework, in this case an ethical framework. A question I guess I would ask is do you value what is being said and how that fits with your view of the world, or what is being said and how that affects the current emotional atmosphere?
    I think the bolded is a skill I possess and definitely use. I’m not so sure exactly what personal ethics entails, but if it’s anything related to morals, I’ll say that I’m not especially concerned with them but I definitely have my idea of right and wrong when push comes to shove. It’s probably slightly more fucked up than the average person’s just because I’m an evil greedy Id type bastard in enneagram, but you can rest assured that I hate capitalism.

As for the actual question, this makes me like wanna drop out of typology just because these both seem like normal human things everyone values rather than a case of one or the other. But I might do the latter just barely more? I’m not sure? But the second question feels like a sheep thing or a hive mind type of thing which doesn’t really attract me. But truthfully I feel like both of those styles of thinking are useful and necessary for self growth. So my answer is maybe the latter.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I feel like noticing the energy connections between people and reading the emotional atmosphere go hand in hand tbh.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m a 2 knowing my 2 mother my whole life we’re actually opposites in many ways. She’s concerned for taking care of others and puts everyone’s needs ahead of her own while I’m always concerned for my happiness and satisfaction and pretty selfish lol + IEE being a “7” type)
    7s are "striving to feel excited", this is to satisfy their core desire of "Being happy, fully satisfied, and content" while eliminating their core fear of "Being deprived, trapped in emotional pain, limited, or bored; missing out on something fun"
    while 2s are "striving to feel connected", this is to satisfy their core desire of "Being appreciated, loved, and wanted" while eliminating their core fear of "Being rejected and unwanted, being thought worthless, needy, inconsequential, dispensable, or unworthy of love"

if we agree on those definitions we can see that you haven't really focused on "feeling connected" thus I think you're 7 unless you see something else in your self after all I can't know your motivations and fears only you can, I can say you behave like a 7 but maybe you do it because your peers won't love you otherwise preventing you from feeling connected thus you give in and start acting like them and finally it becomes a habit

Also, I don't think 2s are as selfless as many may think as they act selfless to receive love and feel connected, and theoretically you can say 2s may send you guilt messages if you take them for granted and don't show them love and appreciation.

and 7s aren't as selfish since humans by nature like to help it is only they don't want to help in boring tasks.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right, which is why you can't have one function without its counterpart being strong but unvalued, they are two sides of the same coin, but you can't look at both of them at the same time. You don't keep up with the emotional atmosphere if you evaluate everything that's being said against your own Fi judgments, and you don't act strongly on your Fi judgments if you're trying to maintain some kind of atmosphere. I wouldn't say it's a sheep thing or hive mind, it's more like keeping the energy in the room up and running to a degree that's satisfactory to you, such as... Liking everyone's posts to encourage responses

The problem with discerning is that they are both strong, and the only way you can really tell is by looking at other functions, quadra values or both.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im crying and spitting dummy? you have actually no arguments but ''youre a dumdumb LSI'' lol
    I have given many arguments but you have just not read them and raged.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    I have given many arguments but you have just not read them and raged.
    yeah well too bad my arguments still stand and u havent really got much on it besides ''ur not nuanced enough for my taste''

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right, which is why you can't have one function without its counterpart being strong but unvalued, they are two sides of the same coin, but you can't look at both of them at the same time. You don't keep up with the emotional atmosphere if you evaluate everything that's being said against your own Fi judgments, and you don't act strongly on your Fi judgments if you're trying to maintain some kind of atmosphere. I wouldn't say it's a sheep thing or hive mind, it's more like keeping the energy in the room up and running to a degree that's satisfactory to you, such as... Liking everyone's posts to encourage responses

The problem with discerning is that they are both strong, and the only way you can really tell is by looking at other functions, quadra values or both.
    Yeah, and I guess another thing is that whatever I do is, like, subconscious to me because I’m just so used to doing it or something which makes it harder to sort out. But I guess we’ll continue to unravel this mess slowly and surely, because I love scavenging through messes.

''ur not nuanced enough for my taste''
    Thats E3 baby!!

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I’m too grounded for Ne/Si and too impractical for Se/Ni, give me my own brand

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it doesn’t help that ExFx in general is attracted to an abstract knowledge that they have trouble reaching on their own, like Ti PoLR and Ti seeking look similarly messy and scattered and they all need help with some kind of rationalization to their mess. One is just more upright (Ti) and one is more go-with-the-flow (Ni/Si) and personally I like a more go-with-the-flow approach but that could just be the 9 in me. And not all Ti bases are walking poles that you shove up an ass. Unless they’re LII and that’s facts!

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voider
    they are two sides of the same coin

That’s also a good observation and I feel like the Ni in me has trouble separating the sides because Ni likes to look at everything as one connected thing. Meanwhile, Ne is like thinking about how there’s a zillion different concepts and ideas all over the place that have some loose connection. Is that accurate or did I flip flop it?

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think maybe EIE’s Ni is able to penetrate into the energy connections between people and notice the potential/way to act on it alone and maybe that’s why so many people (and not just me) are confused between SEE and EIE? SEE vs. ESE never has this same issue.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, is being able to see the purpose of many different things that juxtapose each other and not giving a damn which way it goes more of a symptom of Ti PoLR, Ti dual seeking, or Ne?

I’m laying down all my thoughts into this shit while I’m sitting at this McDonald’s in the hood.

Yall hurry up and reply before I go back to having no wi fi for hours

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't keep up with this thread and Idk what all the arguments are, but seriously, socionics is primarily based on correlation>causation, so it makes sense to advance ideas about the enneagram correlations with types, or wtv they wish... astrology for example : )

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    I can't keep up with this thread and Idk what all the arguments are, but seriously, socionics is primarily based on correlation>causation, so it makes sense to advance ideas about the enneagram correlations with types, or wtv they wish... astrology for example : )
    this thread is like fucking crazier than me

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe this is just me but sometimes I feel like me and @Aylen have a similar way of talking/talking about things on here? We’re soul siblings, one from the dark and one from the fiery sun.

Also when I said I wasn’t gonna do any more meth: I LIED

I’ve only had 2 hours of sleep in the past two days and I need to keep a consistent energy going, plus I feel like a goddamn professor when I’m on it. Only downside is I have to keep wiping the sweat off my phone screen and my hands every minute.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Maybe this is just me but sometimes I feel like me and @Aylen have a similar way of talking/talking about things on here? We’re soul siblings, one from the dark and one from the fiery sun.
    We do have a common love of poetry, emo songs and things that push us to get out of our heads and emotions to do something that gives us a rush. Music is a big part of that. Is some of our commonalities sx first related or Beta NF related, it is hard to pinpoint. I think when we talk we do express Fe more than anything. I feel that you influence me to be more Fe when I think about. My creative is expressed more. Is that a clue? Do you think you influence my emotional states? I think a little bit.

If you use Ne with me,, I hardly notice it (Ne ignoring) it would only be used as a tool to further Ni if you are EIE. I could see how someone with strong Ne and/or Fe would want as much input on type as possible. I have seen this in those who were not sure if they were xEE or EIE. I am not sure how role Ne manifests in SEE off the top of my head. I just think our conversations are pretty floaty/dreamy with mutual appreciation and some confident speculations/evaluations on certain issues. lol

I’ve only had 2 hours of sleep in the past two days and I need to keep a consistent energy going, plus I feel like a goddamn professor when I’m on it. Only downside is I have to keep wiping the sweat off my phone screen and my hands every minute.
    Stop with the meth already. You are too young to be disfigured by meth mouth and you need a lot of money to correct it later unless you just plan on getting false teeth.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=meth...w=1163&bih=589

I say this because I care. You don't want to lose your pretty boy status. I am appealing directly to your sense of vanity.
    Last edited by Aylen; 09-17-2019 at 07:47 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@fresh meat, I'm glad none's condemning your use of drugs, just pls dont make it an habit. also, probably it's one of the reasons you got to re-evaluate your typing, our perceptions and consciousness undergoes quite a change with drugs, you might reconsider it all once sober

but you're young and it's ok that you experiment and have fun, one day you'll get sick of this and move on to better things~ i hope you're ok <3

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys my life is back on track i finally showered and im off meth and smoked weed

ill reply to all that other shit later

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hes baiting ppl to see if they care with this sob story lol. Ive had an EIE do the same thing at work "testing" ppls loyalty and attitude towards her by saying "ive applied to a different job and am gonna quit this job soon" to see if people cared, gauge whether they appreciated her or not. Thats some 2 shit.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast