TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's My Type (Challenge)

Hi, I am new to this forum.

I wanted to experience the level of skill other forum members have in typing firsthand. So here are the rules, you provide your own unique selection of questions and I will promptly answer them in whatever fashion/style you want me to. You then take this info and well, type me.

I will reveal my type when the debate has reached it climax. Otherwise I will question/critic your process. It will help me have a better understanding of my fellow forum members' thought processes.

I am very interested to see what conclusions you guys come up with and most importantly have fun.

One of the Only Exceptions: I will not present an irl picture of myself for VI analysis. Instead you may ask about body features and attributes.

I will answer all appropriate questions honestly.

P.S: I accidentally posted my type in my introduction (now removed). So if you saw my type, don't tell people what type I am then reveal that you saw it. Maybe, you even disagree with my own typing. In that case rebute as you see fit (that will make things interesting), just wait until I reveal my own typing first.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

how big is your butt

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Investigator View Post
    Hi, I am new to this forum.

I wanted to experience the level of skill other forum members have in typing firsthand. So here are the rules, you provide your own unique selection of questions and I will promptly answer them in whatever fashion/style you want me to. You then take this info and well, type me.

I will reveal my type when the debate has reached it climax. Otherwise I will question/critic your process. It will help me have a better understanding of my fellow forum members' thought processes.

I am very interested to see what conclusions you guys come up with and most importantly have fun.

One of the Only Exceptions: I will not present an irl picture of myself for VI analysis. Instead you may ask about body features and attributes.

I will answer all appropriate questions honestly.

P.S: I accidentally posted my type in my introduction (now removed). So if you saw my type, don't tell people what type I am then reveal that you saw it. Maybe, you even disagree with my own typing. In that case rebute as you see fit (that will make things interesting), just wait until I reveal my own typing first.
    But you suck at typing. Thus, there is no guarantee that you have accurately typed yourself. So the game is flawed.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I don’t think I will.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If I have 10 fingers and remove 5 fingers and add 10 fingers how many fingers you are going to have?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post left thumb pls for VI

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    But you suck at typing. Thus, there is no guarantee that you have accurately typed yourself. So the game is flawed.
    There is a basic assumption that I suck at typing. If I do, then I have no problem learning from argumentation. If you read my entire post, you would realize this. So go ahead and type me anyways with your “go-to” list of questions for typing.

Sorry if my post made me come off as arrogant, that was never my intention.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist 007 View Post
    If I have 10 fingers and remove 5 fingers and add 10 fingers how many fingers you are going to have?
    Your sentence does not reveal whose fingers are getting removed/added nor what it means to “add/remove” fingers (counting/subtracting or actually attaching/cutting off fingers).

I guess if no one thinks this is fun nor an opportunity to practice their typing skills, I will post my type in a few hours to recieve criticism.
    I actually forecasted this as the likely course of events(haha). Just hoped it would not come true.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who would have guessed that an internet forum would lack constructive posts?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your sentence does not reveal whose fingers are getting removed/added nor what it means to “add/remove” fingers (counting/subtracting or actually attaching/cutting off fingers).
    Just what I suspected. ILI could be the type as the progression moves from basic action critique towards a conclusion.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist 007 View Post
    Just what I suspected. ILI could be the type as the progression moves from basic action critique towards a conclusion.
    I always feel like ILE's are trolling, but they "almost" never let me down. Thanks for your analysis. If you don't mind me asking, is this analysis related to Gulenko's work on Process vs Result (or rather involutionary vs evolutionary) types.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Nihilist 007 your typing is the same as my own. I do type as an ILI. For people who think "inert vs contact" subtypes exist like myself, I type more specifically as an ILI-Te.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    No, I don’t think I will.
    Include the meme, honey. The aliens won't get the reference otherwise. cover4.jpg

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> One of the Only Exceptions: I will not present an irl picture of myself for VI analysis. Instead you may ask about body features and attributes.

normal VI uses not your "body features and attributes", but intuitive impressions from your nonverbal behavior

as you know the theory - anything what you may say about yourself mb filtered to the side of the type which you think yourself or other types
    so the typing without VI is significantly lesser useful than could
    by your random talking on the forum it's possibly to assume your type too. but your answers specially for typing give not so much

it's the most reasonable answer which you may get

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    > One of the Only Exceptions: I will not present an irl picture of myself for VI analysis. Instead you may ask about body features and attributes.

normal VI uses not your "body features and attributes", but intuitive impressions from your nonverbal behavior

as you know the theory - anything what you may say about yourself mb filtered to the side of the type which you think yourself or other types
    so the typing without VI is significantly lesser useful than could
    by your random talking on the forum it's possibly to assume your type too. but your answers specially for typing give not so much

it's the most reasonable answer which you may get
    Nonverbal behavior is a much better description of VI, my apologies.

Yes, confirmation bias is one the greatest enemies of these types of theories. The hope is that no matter what amount of pretending you do, your subconscious behavior will still surface (I guess people use VI to notice this behavior). That aside, I have seen VI give massive amount of problems to practitioners. Reason being, people can't look pass "typing experience bias." An example with a bit of exaggeration would be typing someone displaying extreme levels of stoicism/lack of emotion as being an ISTp, when it might just be a depressed ENFj (or a normal one; I am not saying all ENFj's are always full of emotion).

Nevertheless, there are useful aspects of VI and many other types of questioning. That is why I left the questioning structure up to you guys, in hope that I would find a method that could cleverly get pass my own subconscious pretending (we all have this to a degree) and hopefully learn something new. At the same time I can gauge the level of skill on this forum. That is why I really liked Nihilist's post so much, it made me treat it like a genuine troll which made me produce a useful response.

So if you have any clever questions for me to answer in an attempt for me to unwittingly reveal my type, feel free post them.
    Last edited by Investigator; 07-17-2019 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Missing "a" before "useful response"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The hope is that no matter what amount of pretending you do, your subconscious behavior will still surface
    Much easier is to change common behavior than nonverbal related to types, - how people behave or what to say during typings. Also unlike with words gotten from books, people do not know what to play in nonverbal.

So without video your experiment is rather useless. As 1) nonverbal is common and important material during typings, 2) nonverbal is the main material for offline typings, especially on typology forums.

for typing is needed your video or IRL interview
    the rest is not serious

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

The narcissism is high

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Claims of narcissism, psychopathy, sociopathy seem to be today's version of calling someone a witch. It seems to be done with lack of evidence, lack of analysis, and/or lack of qualifications (though I am not going to assume that you have not studied psychology/psychiatry even though this is probable). I marked this post as constructive because it gives me insight into the world we live in.

As for the possibility of you being correct in your claim, I will say that possibility will be more than 0% as thinking otherwise would be a manifestation of narcissism. Anyways, most people without a low esteem have displayed narcissistic tendencies (I don't remember the exact statistic, my apologies) sometime or the other.
    Last edited by Investigator; 08-26-2019 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Grammar

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Investigator I'm pretty sure that wasn't a clinical diagnosis

The fact is that people come in and ask for typings here all the time, and they usually get plenty of responses.

What they don't do is pompously demand to be typed purely to judge others' typing ability, or lay out "rules" that should be obvious anyway.

That being said, I see no reason to dispute your self-typing. At least you've made some of your weaknesses very clear.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@thehotelambush I'm pretty sure I did not say that she was saying I actually have a narcissistic personality disorder and of course it wasn't a clinical diagnosis as no thoughts were displayed in the post. I was mainly drawing attention to the fact that claiming that someone is displaying narcissism with a lack of evidence is quite obnoxious in the same way people would claim others practiced magic. The thought is that this witch hunt was done to many women because of they were impeding threats to the status quo (not necessarily in feminism kind of way).

Maybe your right, I should have kept my intentions to myself because people are too thin-skinned to respect such a thing. Instead I should do what most respected politicians do, mask their intentions because at least this way, people don't get superficially hurt/feel offended while their goals are more secured. I think this is a greater crime (though sometimes necessary like most crimes) as it takes advantage of people's soul for my own purpose instead of just trying to set the stage for open debate. Maybe I seemed slightly elitist even though I all really wanted to do was learn this new environment in a straight forward way, but I prefer appearing elitist rather than herding people like sheep to "get plenty of responses." I guess this desire was "narcissistic."

There's a little saying me and friends made up: "The wider the sheep-pen, the more the sheep feel free, the less they feel like to escape before turned into mutton."

Edit: I will not be replying to this thread any longer as there is no reason to kick a dead horse. If you have anything else left say to me, just dm me. Otherwise, this thread was "interesting."
    Last edited by Investigator; 08-27-2019 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Missing FYI

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems people got super lazy lately in typing and just like to stir their shit up, perhaps it's just the summer time, don't take it personally @Investigator it was good to see someone not conform to the basic trite forum methods, they usually don't work well. : )