Thread: LSI or SLI?

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSI or SLI?

Hey guys, I need help typing a guy in my class. I'm not sure whether he's LSI or SLI. He's very concerned with his health, always talking about this is not good for your body, he doesn't drink alcohol because of that very reason, and he's always EXTRA careful in the lab. He also describes that whenever he starts falling sick he just knows, very in tune with his body.
    He's introverted and doesn't "fuck with" a lot of people, he says he hates people and hates small talk, but when interacted with he loves explaining how things work or how this movie was made... Stuff like that.
    He loves guns, and boxing and horse riding. He doesn't like being backed into a corner and says he becomes violent, he was expelled in high school for inviting others, being rude, etc. He says he doesn't like being bossed around.
    He's obsessed with rap. Lyrical rap, that is. He also dresses classy, with the latest fashion. Loves brands. He's not skinny, he's tall and muscular, and I think very observant of his surroundings. He pays a lot of attention in class, and does his work (though decides when he'll hand it in). When he says he'll do something, he'll do it. So...?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, he has generalized views. Like, when men say they'll do something they will, but women are very changeable. Or men are not supposed to wear too much jewellery because they'll seem feminine.
    And he's VERY religious. He's Muslim, says all his prayers, believes in Allah etc.

I also think he's enneatype 6.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sounds LSE 8w9

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Sounds LSE 8w9
    But he's extremely introverted. The loner type, walks around alone or with one of his close friends. Says he hates people.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaebette View Post
    But he's extremely introverted. The loner type, walks around alone or with one of his close friends. Says he hates people.
    8s are often loners

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I stick with just LSI vs SLI, this sounds more SLI until you get to the violence stuff. Could be NTR. Could be as 9 suggests some other type.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    If I stick with just LSI vs SLI, this sounds more SLI until you get to the violence stuff. Could be NTR. Could be as 9 suggests some other type.
    And the obsession with brands. And the absolute views about gender.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If hes a 6 then i guess its a cointoss between SLI and LSI
    You can also check your compatibility with him

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My gut instinct is to say INFx for this person. Si base types, from my observation, aren't really all that concerned with physical details. Like look at this:

He's very concerned with his health, always talking about this is not good for your body, he doesn't drink alcohol because of that very reason, and he's always EXTRA careful in the lab. He also describes that whenever he starts falling sick he just knows, very in tune with his body.
    This isn't really true for me, or any other base Si types I know. I have often done things that are unhealthy, or downright painful so that I can fulfil some other kind of aesthetic desire. I am in tune with my body as much as anyone else, but I can often know myself well enough to know when to take care of myself. I don't focus on sickness that much for that reason.

Also, being extra careful sounds like a pain. I remember when I was in highschool, we would have chemistry labs. My skin is really sensitive so even the reagents would make my skin sort of break out. I even stay away from certain brands of soap for this reason. My teacher would tell me specifically to bring gloves to the class, and I did. But often times I would not put them on because putting gloves on was more of a pain to me than dealing with rashes. Si is very subjective, and it deals with a lot more than just being aware of your body or physical sensations.

He's introverted and doesn't "fuck with" a lot of people, he says he hates people and hates small talk....
    ...He doesn't like being backed into a corner and says he becomes violent, he was expelled in high school for inviting others, being rude, etc. He says he doesn't like being bossed around.
    The first part, I know SLI come off as cold, but like ILI I find them to be actually nice and caring people. They come off as really restrained. The second part doesn't really sound like SLI either hmm...

As for the gender views, I wouldn't assign them to types because I don't know his background. Maybe he was religiously indoctrinated to believe certain things.

From my personal experience, I think that the lower Si is on the functional stack of Si valuing type, the more neurotic they are of having certain things done certain way. I'm not sure if this is 100% true, but based on everything I've seen I would actually say this person is closer to EII than either of the other types. As for the violence thing, he could be exaggerating his view of himself. People do tend to over emphasize their competence in their PoLR area and may even overcompensate imo.

Ofc, I don't have enough information to make a conclusion, but hopefully this helps.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Shaebette, I can't tell from your description which type he is, but I can tell you the operational difference between LSI and SLI, since I have years of intimate experience with both types.

Basically, what you described could apply to either type.

But, LSI's will persistently try to control you (sometimes subtly, sometimes obviously - it can be a carrot-stick thing) and will try to force-fit you into their ordered world, while SLI's just don't try to make you do anything. They just passively exist, and might be willing to go along with someone else's agenda if it suits them, but otherwise will run away if you try to influence them when they don't want to be influenced.

LSI's will generally answer the phone personally, while SLI's have their phones on constant "straight to a voicemail box that has-not-been-set-up-yet-and-can't-accept-messages".

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You seem to be describing a SLI. LSIs would likely be as cautious but not as hyper-defensive or concerned with health. SLIs seem to try to project images of certainty and strength, bragging about accomplishments or abilities whereas LSIs tend toward images of stability and knowledge, spouting facts and specific observations.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

More information would be helpful. There is a chance, as others have stated, that he might not be either of these two types.

I have always thought that it was mostly types that value Si but are weak with it, LII, EII, etc. that are more likely to pay extremely close attention to their health and be almost hyper-sensitive to it.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Yes, there’s a lot of stuff that isn’t SLI-ish but I got very stuck at that point.

Trying to imagine someone who has a health obsession and has Si polr for a dual. Sounds like a good time won’t be had by all.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@golden @Chakram @Rebelondeck @Adam Strange @Pano Lou @Number 9 large Thank you all for your input. Most of you need additional information to settle on a type so here it is:

Apart from guns and confrontational behaviour, he loves rap. Posts things about being a blunt and harsh man, he texted me this when I told him that I didn't think he hated people, I just thought he doesnt force interactions or vibes:" I'm sorry to say but i feel like my vibe is aloof to most people." "I don't like small talk or chit chat" He's the type you'd find looking at you in a...critical way, like he's examining you. He didn't talk to me for like two months but I'd find him looking at me like that. He says he's a "smooth criminal", like low-key but very rebellious. He does NOT like being told what to do. He does his work very well, but doesn't really follow deadlines. He'll be like, I have to do this writeup well, I'll give it to him next week. Fuck a deadline. He listens a lot in class and I'm guessing reads a lot too because he asks questions and answers them too. I've noticed that he responds to talktaiveness, because he's friends with mostly talkative girls. He notices things in his surrounding very fast.
    And about health matters, he keeps warning me on things that I do that may cause sickness. Don't let that needle prick you, you don't know what viruses we're exposed to. He commented on burgers having too much cholesterol, on wanting to eat mostly traditional foods to live long.
    I find myself wanting to do what he tells me, and he helps me out with my assignments and signing me in.
    He loves cars, talking about the working of machines, etc. He claims he's bad at texting, he's also bad at social cues. He doesn't force conversation.
    He's an ardent believer too. Prays a lot.

Actually the most noticeable thing when interacting with him is the way he likes to explain things, how this works, the history of this animal, the sequels of this movie and how it came into play, etc. He loves giving information.
    He's also up to date with everything happening, news, conspiracies, corruption, inside stories etc.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And about health matters, he keeps warning me on things that I do that may cause sickness. Don't let that needle prick you, you don't know what viruses we're exposed to. He commented on burgers having too much cholesterol, on wanting to eat mostly traditional foods to live long.
    This doesn't indicate strong Si. I would associate this kind of neuroticism with Si HA, but the rest of it doesn't really point to LxI, so I'm not sure.

Actually the most noticeable thing when interacting with him is the way he likes to explain things, how this works, the history of this animal, the sequels of this movie and how it came into play, etc. He loves giving information.
    This sounds like Ni to me, than any kind of logic TBH.

Do you think he could be ESI instead?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Make him a test. Tell him its for his health.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Shaebette He still seems SLI but there are also hints of other types; there may be EII bias is in your descriptions. Another indicator would be how well the two of you would work together on assigned class projects; an EII should be able to work much better with a LSI than with a SLI - because they tend to approach objectives similarly.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with the additional info, my vote goes to SLI.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see this person as either LSI or SLI based on the given description... Why are these the only two options @Shaebette is there a reason you picked these two types?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liking lyrical rap and rap in general could be any type? I do believe every artist is an individual etc. I'm a huge fan of rap myself so would you please explain in detail on that part, thanks.

All I know is from the descriptions he definitely seems like either a type 1w9 or a social 6, i'm going with social 6 on this one.
    Socionics is pretty difficult so far

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@golden @Chakram @Rebelondeck @Adam Strange @Pano Lou @Number 9 large Thank you all for your input. Most of you need additional information to settle on a type so here it is:

Apart from guns and confrontational behaviour, he loves rap. Posts things about being a blunt and harsh man, he texted me this when I told him that I didn't think he hated people, I just thought he doesnt force interactions or vibes:" I'm sorry to say but i feel like my vibe is aloof to most people." "I don't like small talk or chit chat" He's the type you'd find looking at you in a...critical way, like he's examining you. He didn't talk to me for like two months but I'd find him looking at me like that. He says he's a "smooth criminal", like low-key but very rebellious. He does NOT like being told what to do. He does his work very well, but doesn't really follow deadlines. He'll be like, I have to do this writeup well, I'll give it to him next week. Fuck a deadline. He listens a lot in class and I'm guessing reads a lot too because he asks questions and answers them too. I've noticed that he responds to talktaiveness, because he's friends with mostly talkative girls. He notices things in his surrounding very fast.
    I find myself wanting to do what he tells me, and he helps me out with my assignments and signing me in.
    He loves cars, talking about the working of machines, etc. He claims he's bad at texting, he's also bad at social cues. He doesn't force conversation.
    He's an ardent believer too. Prays a lot.

He's also up to date with everything happening, news, conspiracies, corruption, inside stories etc.
    I really think a lot of this correlates with social 6

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of this describes SLI, but there are some things off, e.g. his love of brands. Could you elaborate on that, how does this love of brands manifest? Is it motivated by need for status (LSI) or a need for quality (SLI)?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The confrontational nature prolly points more towards Se ego, so LSI then. Love for brands points more to SEE tho, esp if he also always keeps up with "inside stories" (im assuming that means gossip)?

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    I can't see this person as either LSI or SLI based on the given description... Why are these the only two options @Shaebette is there a reason you picked these two types?
    Well I zeroed it down to those two types after observing his behaviour. He's too introverted to be an extrovert, and has strong Si and Se, I just don't know which one he values and which one he doesn't yet.
    Though I did go for a Major Lazer concert with him last weekend and got to know him better. First of all he wasn't afraid to use force; there were too many people trying to get in (the organisers did a terrible job) and at first he kind of left me behind and tried to get in, then came back (I felt bad, because I thought the only reason he came back was because he needed something from my bag). Then he told me to stay behind him and as long as I did that, we'd both get in, also kept warning me to take care of my bag. He was also trying to get in for free, and wanted to use a screenshot of my ticket, as long as I used it first to prevent any complications with mine. He did manage to get in free through a friend.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    The confrontational nature prolly points more towards Se ego, so LSI then. Love for brands points more to SEE tho, esp if he also always keeps up with "inside stories" (im assuming that means gossip)?
    First, he's obsessed with Drake so has a lot of OVO shirts etc. He calls himself the brand ambassador for Adidas because he likes it so much, nearly all his shoes are Adidas. He mostly, if not always, pairs a teeshirt with a pair of jeans or combat trousers, but he always looks good. He's also very conscious about the way he looks and actually tells you to take off a picture you posted if he doesn't like the way he looks. A lot of the way he acts makes him seem cp 6 idk..

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> He also dresses classy, with the latest fashion.

There is the controversion, but I suppose the 1st part is what relates more.

The dude reminds some J-N type.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateDJ391 View Post
    Liking lyrical rap and rap in general could be any type? I do believe every artist is an individual etc. I'm a huge fan of rap myself so would you please explain in detail on that part, thanks.

All I know is from the descriptions he definitely seems like either a type 1w9 or a social 6, i'm going with social 6 on this one.
    Socionics is pretty difficult so far
    His behaviour is very Cp 6, but I keep feeling like he's Sp/sx?
    Also he keeps saying that he ALWAYS follows through on what he says he'll do, that it's almost like a curse. Doesn't matter what it is, as long as he says he'll do it he will otherwise he'll beat himself up for being unreliable, fickle etc.
    Well I can't give much additional info on the rap part, I just know he's obsessed with lyrical rappers... Tupac, J Cole, Lil Wayne, Biggie, etc and most of all Drake. Everything from his camera poses to his social media name to his clothes are OVO.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    > He also dresses classy, with the latest fashion.

There is the controversion, but I suppose the 1st part is what relates more.

The dude reminds some J-N type.
    He's very conscious about the way he looks, and likes to look good. Really good quality clothes, branded shoes, etc. I wouldn't say he's with the latest fashion like an SEE would be though, he's not too flashy.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    @Shaebette He still seems SLI but there are also hints of other types; there may be EII bias is in your descriptions. Another indicator would be how well the two of you would work together on assigned class projects; an EII should be able to work much better with a LSI than with a SLI - because they tend to approach objectives similarly.

a.k.a. I/O
    Definitely not EII. Definitely not strong in the ethical sector. He doesn't relate well with people, especially those he doesn't know. Hard to read feelings, motives etc

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many extremely religious LSIs are there? I could be wrong.. Some really focused type interest there I guess maybe.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post

a.k.a. I/O
    We've never worked on something together, he prefers working on things independently and sharing it later. Prefers to do things unhurried.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    How many extremely religious LSIs are there? I could be wrong.. Some really focused type interest there I guess maybe.
    All the LSIs I know are religious...

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

He's very conscious about the way he looks, and likes to look good.
    "always talking about this is not good for your body"

S types do not discuss this much. It's too usual for them to decide what is good for their bodies.

"he's always EXTRA careful in the lab"

S types are asured in material region to be careful enough, but not redundantly.

"he says he hates people"

T types do not discuss significantly own emotions as they are not accented on them. They do not like to discuss own emotions which are not that should to be, as they are not sure in F region to be so open. You will not hear "I hate people" from T type - they are more indifferent than hating, often doubt in own feelings.

There is the basis to doubt in his TS type, at least.

classy clothes - often J types

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the LSIs I know are religious...
    All the ones I know are not. Carl Jung is an LSI. I'm not saying you're wrong...

Here's another LSI... I think I dated him very briefly on accident.

Carl Jung in ten seconds
    Last edited by chriscorey; 10-09-2018 at 01:02 AM.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just remember that socionics introversion/extroversion are not the same as stereotypical introversion/extroversion. Also, trying to mix socionics with enneagram just makes things needlessly complicated. These two systems should be used separately in my opinion.

I find it interesting that you say he follows through on what he says no matter what, and yet attempts to get into a concert for free regardless of anything. I'm not entirely sure if that's indicative of a type or not (and I think it might have more to do with upbringing), but maybe someone else who knows more will chime in. I personally don't see him as either LSI or SLI from the information given.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His behaviour is very Cp 6, but I keep feeling like he's Sp/sx?
    Also he keeps saying that he ALWAYS follows through on what he says he'll do, that it's almost like a curse. Doesn't matter what it is, as long as he says he'll do it he will otherwise he'll beat himself up for being unreliable, fickle etc.
    Well I can't give much additional info on the rap part, I just know he's obsessed with lyrical rappers... Tupac, J Cole, Lil Wayne, Biggie, etc and most of all Drake. Everything from his camera poses to his social media name to his clothes are OVO.
    Hmm interesting I would've thought so because of the critical thing you mentioned before
    Sp/sx 6 might make sense
    However this "Also he keeps saying that he ALWAYS follows through on what he says he'll do, that it's almost like a curse. Doesn't matter what it is, as long as he says he'll do it he will otherwise he'll beat himself up for being unreliable, fickle etc." Sounded gut type a lot
    Hmm interesting, could be SLI most likely

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    Just remember that socionics introversion/extroversion are not the same as stereotypical introversion/extroversion. Also, trying to mix socionics with enneagram just makes things needlessly complicated. These two systems should be used separately in my opinion.

I find it interesting that you say he follows through on what he says no matter what, and yet attempts to get into a concert for free regardless of anything. I'm not entirely sure if that's indicative of a type or not (and I think it might have more to do with upbringing), but maybe someone else who knows more will chime in. I personally don't see him as either LSI or SLI from the information given.
    I don't understand how saying he'll follow through and attempting to get in the concert for free are related though?
    About the follow through, I personally have seen that happen. Even with small things that anyone would probably forget...

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    "always talking about this is not good for your body"

S types do not discuss this much. It's too usual for them to decide what is good for their bodies.

"he's always EXTRA careful in the lab"

S types are asured in material region to be careful enough, but not redundantly.

"he says he hates people"

T types do not discuss significantly own emotions as they are not accented on them. They do not like to discuss own emotions which are not that should to be, as they are not sure in F region to be so open. You will not hear "I hate people" from T type - they are more indifferent than hating, often doubt in own feelings.

There is the basis to doubt in his TS type, at least.

classy clothes - often J types
    What made him talk about being really careful in the lab was when I was willing to be pricked and blood drawn from my finger by a classmate and he came in and stopped her and started lecturing me (ish) about not even checking whether the needle had been used before, and that I'd be exposed to so many viruses in the lab.

What made him talk about what's not good for the body in terms of food was when we had gone out to eat and we decided to go to Burger King, also he had commented on a food pic I had posted saying it had too much cholesterol. That was actually the first time he talked to me.

About saying he hates people, I feel like he just wanted me to understand him. He explained how when he came to campus he wouldn't talk to anyone, and noone knew his name; and he only made friends in his second year after he "learnt how to interact". He says he's really grown since then.

They're not things that he just blurts out, he says them as a result of something. I feel like with me especially, he's more free to talk about all these things because he's always saying new things I didn't know about that are really helpful and I can apply in my life. I feel like I should be taken care of him...in some way? Idk. Like, every time I express a problem he'll try to give me a solution or do something to solve it.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is LIE out of the question?

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    is LIE out of the question?
    Well, I don't think he's LIE because first, his introversion, and also he's very attentive of his physical surroundings and the aesthetics of it, which LIEs are not known to do.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast