Thread: Is this an Ti or LII thing or am I some sort of robot?

TIM
    LII 5w4 INTP
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is this an Ti or LII thing or am I some sort of robot?

I noticed that when I’m in school I’m usually more tired/distracted or something, but for some reason, in math class, I’m not as tired and...I actually feel more energized after doing math? Most of the other people in my class are asleep so I really don’t think this is normal.

Also if you try to google it you find a billion results about “dyscalculia” “math and mental fatigue” “math makes me want to die” so I know this probably isn’t a common thing but I’m curious about if maybe it’s a or LII thing.

Usually I’m the first one done with a math test and I can understand these things pretty well, and I’ve always kind of had my own little ways of working with numbers that I (try to) explain to people.
    Maybe it’s some sort of intellectual stimulation thing that my autism and my Ti and Ne really like, but does anyone else, regardless of type, feel more awake/focused/energized/etc. after doing math/programming/etc? Programming seems to be a thing that it happens with, and I’m into programming too, but does this happen very often with just math?

Maybe my personality type is “literal fucking robot”

wait no

literal fucking robot

literal robot

there, that’s better

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Algebra and programming operate on basic structural logic, so yeah, they're related to Ti, but some other math classes are not, and are more intuitive, others are more Te-ish. But beyond that, sometimes people just get into their head that "math is hard" and it creates a block making it more difficult to understand things.

Oh, and to answer your other question - yeah, when I was in high school I found Algebra and Basic programming easy and fun, same with Geometric proofs. I also would get blank looks sometimes when trying to explain why I did something how I did. I didn't find calculus as fun though, whereas I know some people much prefer it.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is it your first time in a learning environment with advanced math?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I found Geometry to be more intuitive than Algebra. I also really got into the idea of making proofs in Geometry. I didn't start having fun with math again until Calculus and Analytic Geometry.
    Differential equations again made math sucky, but Linear Algebra was OK and so was Functions of Complex Variables. All of it in the service of mathematical physics.
    I never took any real math courses, like Group Theory, but those courses weren't included in the Physics track and I didn't care enough about the subject matter to learn it on my own. I figured that if I ever needed it, I could learn it.

Not sure what all that indicates, other than Te > Ti.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Elementary school and arithmetic. I was the last one to finish. It was repetitive and bored me. When it got more hacky I was the first one.

Math at uni no calculators were allowed so we had to do it mentally. Later I was in a test with other random people that involved mental arithmetic and I found that I was the first one to finish it - no errors. Go figure. Lol. So yes if you have to drill it in your head you can probably ignore being bored and it becomes like peeing - you have to do it kind of right.

But yeah I have always loved stuff like finding out different properties. Result seems much less interesting.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI Ti is robot. Runs on subjective automated systematic logic and purges anything that doesn’t fit into the program (PoLR Ne).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t know if it has to do with Ti particularly, but that just seems like a normal response to engaging an intellectual interest. Congrats for having a couple; most people don’t.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 03-26-2021 at 07:37 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis View Post
    Maybe it’s some sort of intellectual stimulation thing that my autism and my Ti and Ne really like, but does anyone else, regardless of type, feel more awake/focused/energized/etc. after doing math/programming/etc? Programming seems to be a thing that it happens with, and I’m into programming too, but does this happen very often with just math?
    This may relate to Ti types, Ti valued types, TN types.
    Math is abstract (N) and logical (T). It's more about laws and their usage - Ti.
    When you like something - you feel better when doing that. As it's your valued region - you should like it more. And as it's also strong - it's easier to solve tasks there, while solving of tasks is some pleasure.

The most pleasure and inspiration may give usage and solving of tasks related to weak valued regions, what is harder. Weak functions are suppressed and their energy is hiden from the conscious control, so when you establish better connect with them - you are feeling higher total energy in yourself. Also. When with better contact with weak regions you solve problems which were muddy or hiden from the consciousness - it should be pleasant by itself, and as unconsciouse conflicts create an opposing to the consciousness a part of what are depressive symptoms.

You may try activities and to study skills in weak regions. With a help of trainers and those who have skills developed there. The process should be perceived as harder, so more interesting and potentionally giving more of pleasure. Improvisations should connect you the most with those regions, as in this your Self is expressed the most.
    Fe - theatric acting, music making, singing, making humor, etc.
    Si - hymnastics, yoga, cooking, sex, etc

Jung thought types as accentuations. The most important problems for your Self to solve are in weak regions. Ideal state is when your consciousness processes equally good all 4 (8) functional regions.
    It's a tragedy for the personality when people limit themselves in what is easier for them. This accentuates them more and creates higher inner conflicts. They may get a pleasuer from more quantity of solved tasks, from be liked for the done by other people, by higher social position. But they miss significant important for their Self and so unconsciousness reduces the pleasure from the life by neurotization. They achieve social "norms" but feel not so happy how could. Many of them may feel weirdly when "have all", as have significant inner conflict.

If you'll work as a programmer do not forget about your weaker regions. If you want to be a happier programmer, but not only with professional achievements.
    Also there are examples of people who choose weak regions as main profession. Despite they move harder there and may do lesser significant things, I suspect those people are happier than those who choose professions by initially strong personality traits.
    Why we like duals? A part of what they do - switch our attention on weak regions and help to develop there. In a pair with identity would be easier to deal. And mb you both could cooperate for better results related to your strong regions (as 2 T types to help each other in a programming), though this is not clear as the duality gives additional energy and may support efforts in your blind spots. With all that easiness and social achivements identities would feel lesser happy together and in themselves. Identities are perceived as boring - there is a lack of deepness important for your Self in relations with them.
    The similar significantly relates to what we choose in the life as a profession.

An example of LII (Alexander Pushnoy) widely known in musical and humor regions. Also he was a host of technical TV-show for several years, initially studed in physics.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Mortalis Being distracted in class would be rather odd for me but if you're INTP in MBTI then you may be a LII-Ne subtype. Although I've always been very good at mathematics and programming, the subjects have certainly never energised me - they were simply tools to use; I need time to be lost in my own thoughts on a long jog in order to feel energised. I have known ILIs who've become energised in various academic pursuits - certainly much, much more than I've ever felt.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    What kind of mathematics though if you don't mind? I'm thinking some types of math are more Te leaning than Ti leaning and vice versa
    I doubt that it matters. I did a lot of electronic/fibre-optic/software/AI design so used all kinds. Vector fields were useful when I worked in remote sensing. Statistics was a bore but stochastic processes had interesting applications. When I was in third year engineering as a TA, I gave lectures on differential equations to second-year students.

a.k.a. I/O

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

An example of LII (Alexander Pushnoy) widely known in musical and humor regions. Also he was a host of technical TV-show for several years, initially studed in physics.
    this guy visually reminds me of a famous chess youtuber that I have typed as ILI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2icR1eWDtv8
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am more interested in algebra (especially abstract algebra and computability theory) to analysis (calculus etc.) and I think is is Ti-related.

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geometry and (advanced) algebra are boooooring. Too abstract and no interesting applications other than the basic laws (as far as I'm concerned).
    Calculus is quite fun. Something about solving hard calculus problems is exciting.
    Statistics is fun. Aced my stat classes in uni. I guess Ne (Intuition of possibilities) + Ti in ILE makes them a fish in the water with all that probability stuff. Came really naturally to me.
    Physics (Electromagnetism) is fun. But I reckon its more of a Te thing because of its practical applications. I liked solving problems requiring Calculus knowledge such as double/triple integrals.

As for my professor's types:
    Most calculus profs were Te, the lead was an LSE lady.
    Lead algebra prof was ILI lady, one of the smartest people I've known. Another prof was LIE guy. Kind of a smartass because he hated it when people asked stupid questions. But he was helpful if you paid attention to his class and asked good questions.
    Stats prof was ILE. I feel like nobody understood his classes but at least he was passionate about it. He had an awful tendency to talk about random unrelated crap sometimes lol.
    Physics prof was ILE as well. Again nobody understood his classes and this guy talked about random crap a LOT. But his explanations were so concise that he was basically done explaining the topic in just 15 mins and then he would solve exercises.

So in summary:
    Calculus: Te
    Algebra: Ni+Te
    Stats: Ne+Ti
    Physics: Ne+Ti

Some scientists I recall to support this idea:
    Newton (Calculus, ILI), Tesla (Electromagnetism, ILE), Einstein (Physics, ILE)

And then I pick Daniel Negreanu (ILE) as the king of Statistics
    I don't remember any famous Algebra people.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis View Post
    I noticed that when I’m in school I’m usually more tired/distracted or something, but for some reason, in math class, I’m not as tired and...I actually feel more energized after doing math? Most of the other people in my class are asleep so I really don’t think this is normal.

Also if you try to google it you find a billion results about “dyscalculia” “math and mental fatigue” “math makes me want to die” so I know this probably isn’t a common thing but I’m curious about if maybe it’s a or LII thing.

Usually I’m the first one done with a math test and I can understand these things pretty well, and I’ve always kind of had my own little ways of working with numbers that I (try to) explain to people.

Maybe my personality type is “literal fucking robot”

wait no

literal fucking robot

literal robot

there, that’s better
    Things that allow your mind to focus well will give you a sensation of more energy. People often get into a "flow state" with things they like.

Personally, I always hated math. Especially geometry. That one almost got me.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold on, can you solve this equation quickly?

Two bicyclists start 20 miles apart and head toward each other, each going at a steady rate of 10 mph. At the same time a fly that travels at a steady 15 mph starts from the front wheel of the southbound bicycle and flies to the front wheel of the northbound one, then turns around and flies to the front wheel of the southbound one again, and continues in this manner till he is crushed between the two front wheels. Question: what total distance did the fly cover?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko