Thread: Is it possible for an ENFp to be naturally cold and detached?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is it possible for an ENFp to be naturally cold and detached?

~
    Last edited by Pastel; 11-03-2017 at 11:47 AM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That person is introverted. EII-Fi I'd say.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know about cruel/unforgiving but I've known plenty of "cold" IEEs

one IEE in particular mistyped as ILI for the longest time because of his naturally detached deportment. dissociation used to come up a lot between the IEEs I've known (trademark oscillation between boredom/enthusiasm) and they can be VERY intellectually aggressive, which can sometimes create the impression of physical aggression. it's like psychological penetration. it's like they climb into a little opening in space and as they expand so does the space and next thing you know they've dominated the psychological arena. while maneuvering the arena, they can appear cold to outsiders and in general their aristocratic inclination makes them appear cold to anyone who doesn't belong to their inner circle. it's just handled in a tactful way, so it looks more like a detective shining a lamp in a criminal's face than it does watching someone kick another person in the face, for lack of a better comparison

but I guess some could interpret that as offensive, even though it's more like a point of fascination for me

does the description above fit your friend? (on a more day-to-day scale than full-blown debates)

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@wasp... sounds ILI.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

F types are not cold. they may look sometimes such for types valuing other kind of F

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pastel View Post
    So if someone says that he/she is naturally cold and detached, he/she certainly cannot be a feeler?
    It's very doubful, except he may to be F type of other value. I don't perceive Fe types as cold, but Ti types may do such about Fi ones. F types are emotional compared to average, so if they don't play to be seemd as "cold" - they should not look such.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Pastel
    Eps are naturally detached; they view things more personally when under stress or out of their elements. They normally observe the world from a third person perspective and engage it in an experimental-like manner so as to better observe and experience. They can seem cold when they're rationalizing in their detached manner but this doesn't imply that they are cold or have bad intentions. The coldness that you describe seems more of a learned attitude due to negative life experiences, and all types are capable of this.
    a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It really depends on the social situation in which you observe the type, taking into account what people are around that make them feel the way you perceive it. And well, the Internet grants anonymity so even the most jaded people can lighten up in their comfort zone.

What I am doubtful about is that she's coherent with her words and actions there which would be typical for a PoLR Creative /demonstrative are immensely volatile with their attachments and moods as well as flexible due to an irrational disposition. Add intuition which is cold by default and she could very well be this type. I say that the NFs are much more frosty than the SFs, EIE might strike a balance there.