Thread: Casey Neistat (filmmaker)

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drommel View Post
    Si experiences -- showering on an airplane, snowboarding on the streets of NYC, witnessing the shuttle launch.
    But none of these are Si

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Personally, I don't find the guy bad or evil, just irritating. But I have no idea what type he is. He does stay constantly busy with whatever. In family get-togethers, he and I never interacted much. Just nothing to say to each other. Plus, he would flit-flit-flit and seemed really prissy to me, and that's not my ideal buddy.
    Sounds to me as if you are talking about your quasi-identical

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought Casey was too childish to be Gamma and has too strong of an Fe-focus (look at all this costumes). Hard to tell how much is real and how much is him playing to the audience. I always thought Alpha.
    My very Alpha boyfriend loved Casey and did not find him annoying at all, that's why I somehow see your point here

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    "It is easier to be mean, than it is to be nice. So mean people [...] are lazy and uninventive."
    Nice. I feel better now.
    *writes advice down*
    This quote is actually something about "Si". He is downgrading it imo. Because the way he describes it, it sounds like he never stays in bed after waking up and never ever lies on the sofa doing nothing; that is an unforgivable sin! Sounds beta to me. SLE was my first and strongest guess after all

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    what is the chain of logic that you're using?
    all those gadgets and stuff look more Te Ne Ni to me, maintaining them however is Si which Casey is terrible at. Look at how many cameras he broke and how hasty he is using his expensive equipment! He just destroys every gadget he has wanting to be so fast
    One normally thinks using gadgets is Si. But I disagree with that. SLEs and even LSIs are one of the best ever when it comes to working with hands and showing how they can do stuff. And Casey exactly does that. He owns a lab with a lot of crazy and expensive and inefficient stuff, like an SLE would want to, and he shows off by breaking them and getting rid of a lot of PoLR Fi pressure while doing so

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@empineer yes those actually make a lot of sense. He is definitely Se>Si to me and if he is SLE which seems right then Fe is his hidden agenda function which in a way makes sense with his motivational speech and "just do the damn thing" all the stuff I have heard from SLEs in the past. LIE and SLE both know what is trendy but both in different ways. LIE is oriented towards the future and sees trends in science and technology while SLE likes trendy things by which he can impress and that seems to be the case with Casey

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by empineer View Post
    One normally thinks using gadgets is Si. But I disagree with that. SLEs and even LSIs are one of the best ever when it comes to working with hands and showing how they can do stuff. And Casey exactly does that. He owns a lab with a lot of crazy and expensive and inefficient stuff, like an SLE would want to, and he shows off by breaking them and getting rid of a lot of PoLR Fi pressure while doing so
    Humm makes sense. Also I noticed he is very sure of his body moves, in a way with moving his hands, the way he holds things , and the way he forces things to do their job until they break, that's not the case with LIE, my movements are pretty awkward and I don't pay that much attention to what my body is doing when I am for example explaining something important. But he can hold the camera and talk while skateboarding.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think using gadgets is Si. It depends why and what gadget you are using. If you want to enjoy the sensation of the super smart touch an iPad has then that is feeding Si , maybe using Microsoft surface book for drawing and designing that also is Si but if you are using a drone, that is excitement more like Se or when using skateboards and bikes etc that is also Se, Se is always associated with sports, Casey is also pretty sporty.
    During the famous "forced hibernation " a LIE experiences when they are indecisive about future , they don't do sports. I only do sports when things are in place and work is going well, now it is time to look after myself!

Personally I think a life in which one has to meet so many fans and all sorts of people everyday is draining and frustrating for LIE, we don't like showing off to people we will meet only once. I show off my skills to people who matter and will make an impact on my future life.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Drommel do you associate doing sports with Si?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read something interesting related to this topic on the forum but forgot who said it:
    "...he wants a reaction out of his Se dual, while Ne wants to react to Si.This is why Si tries to recreate moods for Ne to react to."

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This quote is actually something about "Si". He is downgrading it imo. Because the way he describes it, it sounds like he never stays in bed after waking up and never ever lies on the sofa doing nothing; that is an unforgivable sin! Sounds beta to me. SLE was my first and strongest guess after all
    Not sure if you're serious.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk... ILE SLE or LSI for me. I am just not seeing anything else? Idk
    I'm open I just don't see him as other types personally.
    I agree he is WAY too openly playful for me to not value Fe.
    Where is the Si though? I rlly don't see it
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced" -James Baldwin

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't think using gadgets is Si. It depends why and what gadget you are using. If you want to enjoy the sensation of the super smart touch an iPad has then that is feeding Si , maybe using Microsoft surface book for drawing and designing that also is Si but if you are using a drone, that is excitement more like Se or when using skateboards and bikes etc that is also Se, Se is always associated with sports, Casey is also pretty sporty.
    During the famous "forced hibernation " a LIE experiences when they are indecisive about future , they don't do sports. I only do sports when things are in place and work is going well, now it is time to look after myself!

Personally I think a life in which one has to meet so many fans and all sorts of people everyday is draining and frustrating for LIE, we don't like showing off to people we will meet only once. I show off my skills to people who matter and will make an impact on my future life.
    Using gadgets isn't only Si. SEE's and LIE's for example can be obssessed with always buying new expensive gadgets. Not sure if this guy is LIE though, doesn't seem so to me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But none of these are Si
    They absolutely are Si experiences. Casey pursues the experience for the sake of the experience, not in service of something larger. I look at showering on an airplane or in an RV and think, what's the point? Casey thinks the point is to shower on an airplane, and that's all you need.

I don't see Casey using Se at all. Se actually tethers the dream-like Ni to reality, reminding Ni that you have to obtain it. Se stops Ni from running too far off into wonderland by helping the dream become real. Casey doesn't tether anything. I think Ni would repel Casey instead of attract; Why be so concerned with a future that might not come when you can make the most of the moment?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Drommel do you associate doing sports with Si?
    Sports aren't any single function. That's the point of Socionics: Different functions perceive and interact with the same thing differently. As an exercise, try thinking about how each function would perceive Casey's studio.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sports aren't any single function. That's the point of Socionics: Different functions perceive and interact with the same thing differently. As an exercise, try thinking about how each function would perceive Casey's studio.
    Please read your post again, this one and the former one. You say the point of socionics is each type perceives activities based on their functions, yet you are associating a film Maker's showering on a high class airplane with Si. Film maker has to gather attention and "that's so cool" comments somehow and coolness is mostly associated with SLEs and SEEs. Why are they cool? Besides after each experience with his expensive tech and toys he either makes a video or complains about it using Ti. Are you suggesting that Casey is ESE? Where have you met such an ESE that spends such large sums of money on "cool" tech and toys? Would a LII be pleased by such a "wasteful" person?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please read your post again, this one and the former one. You say the point of socionics is each type perceives activities based on their functions, yet you are associating a film Maker's showering on a high class airplane with Si. Film maker has to gather attention and "that's so cool" comments somehow and coolness is mostly associated with SLEs and SEEs. Why are they cool? Besides after each experience with his expensive tech and toys he either makes a video or complains about it using Ti. Are you suggesting that Casey is ESE? Where have you met such an ESE that spends such large sums of money on "cool" tech and toys? Would a LII be pleased by such a "wasteful" person?
    I was clearly and explicitly explaining how Casey perceives his reality.

You are unknowingly hitting on something important, though: Casey's vlog has changed. Compare his very first vlog (trip to some island) to his vlogs now (trying to maintain his audience while pleasing his sponsors). I favor his earlier vlogs when typing. Take a look at that long pre-vlog video about him and Candice, where they go on the RV roadtrip to the shuttle launch. It reinforces all the points I've made as to his type.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was clearly and explicitly explaining how Casey perceives his reality.

You are unknowingly hitting on something important, though: Casey's vlog has changed. Compare his very first vlog (trip to some island) to his vlogs now (trying to maintain his audience while pleasing his sponsors). I favor his earlier vlogs when typing. Take a look at that long pre-vlog video about him and Candice, where they go on the RV roadtrip to the shuttle launch. It reinforces all the points I've made as to his type.
    I've watched the video and I pointed that out very "knowingly". And you were not clear nor explicit and I think at this point we should just agree that we believe different things, cause I don't see the point in this conversation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12