I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy IEI and deltas

I wish I were delta. I fit 85% of the description of EII-Ne from sociotype.com. I appreciate delta values. But, somehow, I'm Beta (because I fit 100% the description of IEI-Fe from sociotype.com, and from experience I get better along with SEE, SLE and ILE).

Do you find people from the opposite quadra much more interesting, but don't get allong very well with them IRL?

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, there is an insight in mainstream cultural anthropology, that says that members of one group always accuse the members of another group of being to lazy to work and they smell bad, because they do not wash themselves. The members of the other group say the same about the first group.

The same applies to quadras.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Well, there is an insight in mainstream cultural anthropology, that says that members of one group always accuse the members of another group of being to lazy to work and they smell bad, because they do not wash themselves. The members of the other group say the same about the first group.

The same applies to quadras.
    Don't forget that the other group hates little children and is mean to dogs. Oh, and they are against Motherhood, apple pie and Freedom.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I get along with many IEEs really well. Well, they are often manipulative two-faced whores, but I understand that you have to be that way in society so it doesn't bother me too much. They help try to make me fit in better, like SEEs do. I value their kindness. I wish I could be that nice sometimes.

EIIs and me can be tricky. It can be like this mutual understanding and wanting to be good friends and there are shared heart moments and interests, but then we have this animosity that kind of feels like two lesbians wanting to pull each other's hair. They end up thinking I'm too evil or depraved, and I end up thinking they need a sense of humor and they are being too self-righteous.

LSE. Depends on the subtype. The ultra right wing/republican male LSE-Te, is like my polar opposite. We are not going to see eye to eye about anything and will probably want to sadistically murder each other. Female Si subtype LSE and me often find mutual respect though. There are times we both want to hurt each other though.

SLI... they are really suspicious of me, like they find me somebody that they can't trust. We are often odd/mysterious to each other like 'wtf', but we both try to be polite and understanding.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think that people of opposite quadra offer a lot of insight. I recently had to go to an IEI friend with my Ne- worries. I told her that I was frighteningly worried about the future of humanity with regards to global warming and I wanted her to forsee what was going to happen. She instead analyzed my feelings and brought in examples of other EII in history (past) who were worried about certain things who with their worries and perseverance helped paved a way for change. She said to listen to my feelings and worries, not to neglect them because they were a way for me to find solutions.

I appreciate her insight; she's an exceptionally warm person.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I told her that I was frighteningly worried about the future of humanity with regards to global warming and I wanted her to forsee what was going to happen.
    Fe + Ni

She instead analyzed my feelings and brought in examples of other EII in history (past) who were worried about certain things who with their worries and perseverance helped paved a way for change.
    and this is Fi + Ne

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    Fe + Ni

and this is Fi + Ne
    Please stop quoting me if you don’t know what the functions mean.

You know what just stop quoting me al together
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what the functions mean. I'll stop if you realize that you go around the forum doing the same thing ^^ annoying, eh?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I know what the functions mean. I'll stop if you realize that you go around the forum doing the same thing ^^ annoying, eh?
    No you don’t know what the functions mean clearly as functions have positive and negative expressions and if you had knows or done a little research, I mean a little, you would know
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think that people of opposite quadra offer a lot of insight.
    Aka I like them or I have evaluated them

Positive subject ethics (+). My attitude to people. Necessity to express my attitude, opinion, feelings of love. Pleasant/unpleasant. My evaluation of a thing, an object, a person.

I recently had to go to an IEI friend with my Ne- worries. I told her that I was frighteningly worried about the future of humanity with regards to global warming and I wanted her to forsee what was going to happen. She instead analyzed my feelings and brought in examples of other EII in history (past) who were worried about certain things who with their worries and perseverance helped paved a way for change. She said to listen to my feelings and worries, not to neglect them because they were a way for me to find solutions.

I appreciate her insight; she's an exceptionally warm person.
    See above
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that functions are multifaceted, I also know that socionics functions don't change their essential features. a positive or negative valence adds or subtracts to the type, doesn't change their essential nature.

but you're lucky 'cause I don't agree with everything socionics says, you can be a unicorn for all I know : )

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I know that functions are multifaceted, I also know that socionics functions don't change their essential features. a positive or negative valence adds or subtracts to the type, doesn't change their essential nature.

but you're lucky 'cause I don't agree with everything socionics says, you can be a unicorn for all I know : )

Then why are you here?
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a rude question. obviously I'm not here to agree with all. is it a problem for you? why?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    I wish I were delta.
    the most supposed type was EII

I remember when I chose between LSI and LSE, I wished to be LSE. but got more often LSI in tests so doubted much. until IR used which pointed on LSE much better
    in your case IEI fits to your IR effects in my test - worse. you may try to type people IRL to check this

> and from experience I get better along with SEE, SLE and ILE

there is a chance of other types at those people. at least conflictors are not easy people to be close to them. you may be pals, but the closer you deal - the more issues you get. it's bad soul mates, but you may interact in some border with the use

> Do you find people from the opposite quadra much more interesting, but don't get allong very well with them IRL?

the most interesting are conflictors. but they are not the ones who gives the best feelings and not the ones who are easiest to deal with
    own quadra gives more of friendly feelings to you. you feel more comfortably near them. you feel they share what you like
    opposite quadra - are alien in this sense. but interesting people, - there is what to respect in them, but to deal close - is other thing

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

what a rude question. obviously I'm not here to agree with all. is it a problem for you? why?
    I was asking you to explain your logic in actions. If you don’t agree with the theory why would you stick around (take the actions) to be here? Are you just people watching?

Because I know why I am here. I love to learn about people, to better my understanding of them and of myself.
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you asked me not to address you ever again, told me I have no idea what the functions mean, later added "why are you here?", that' not an honest attempt to figure out other people's logic.

try again.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

you asked me not to address you ever again, told me I have no idea what the functions mean, later added "why are you here?", that' not an honest attempt to figure out other people's logic.

try again.
    It is best that we not speak because we are not getting anywhere
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

In any case I do seek Ni where my Ne worries trouble me since they (I would say for the most part) are great people and very helpful

Inverse objective intuition (-). Infringement of the integrity of environment: unexpectedness, breach of schedule; the result of events is unpredictable, or an unexpected event.
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love to learn about people, to better my understanding of them and of myself.
    Then why are u putting half the people here on ignore you ignorant dumbass?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither of you know what the functions mean.

Those are information elements. Functions are Base, Creative, etc...
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Neither of you know what the functions mean.

Those are information elements. Functions are Base, Creative, etc...
    Are you stupid?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Are you stupid?
    Im actually fairly smart.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sociotype.com says that IEIs are flexible in the moment socially (rather than being more limited by quadra values as other types are).
    Last edited by sbbds; 04-30-2019 at 06:03 AM.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it really hard to determine whether I am IEI or EII for this reason. IEI (Ni subtype) seems to fit better looking at IM descriptions, overall dichotomies and character portraits, but then comparing Delta to Beta I definitely seem to have more Delta values. I also asked someone I know IRL what type I look like the most from Filatova's VI pictures, she said LII and seemed very certain about it. This is too confusing man!!!

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you are harmonizing DHCN? Making your softer and more Ni-y?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

EII bottle their feelings up deeply to be stoic for their loved ones but these bottled feelings are like ptsd-like experiences or fears I wanna say (hard to explain-you have that are deep trauma that they don’t let themselves cry about as they maintain the external even emotions. I to experience it in real life)think that an IEI therapist is probably a life saver to a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Im actually fairly smart.
    He’s not SLE
    -

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEIs and SLIs can form strong relationships if they both allow their defences down and truly open up, but the key is maintaining openness with one another. Constructive relationships with the other three in the quadra would take significantly more cognitive effort and understanding. Having admiration for another type's strengths or interests doesn't imply that one can easily find a cooperative or comfortable arrangement with them. NF-types tend to admire practical thinkers who are street-smart but often will find their methods too sharp or limited whereas some of those practical people tend to find NFs too out of touch with reality......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    IEIs and SLIs can form strong relationships if they both allow their defences down and truly open up, but the key is maintaining openness with one another. Constructive relationships with the other three in the quadra would take significantly more cognitive effort and understanding. Having admiration for another type's strengths or interests doesn't imply that one can easily find a cooperative or comfortable arrangement with them. NF-types tend to admire practical thinkers who are street-smart but often will find their methods too sharp or limited whereas some of those practical people tend to find NFs too out of touch with reality......

a.k.a. I/O
    I was having lunch with a bunch of guys from work and an SLI guy launched into a story about a woman he met a few weeks earlier. His story was basically about how impractical and delusional she was and how he couldn’t believe that he had to share space on the planet with her, and I suddenly realized that he was talking about an IEI woman whom I know (and like).

To be fair, my SLI ex really likes her IEI hairdresser.
    And while my LSE mother hated her IEI sister with a passion, my SLI father never said a word against her.
    And while the female IEI that I like actually lived with a rich LSE for about six months, he eventually kicked her out, which was very tough on her. I mean, he was a rich ex-Marine living in a beautiful house.

Now, this may give the impression that Delta's opinions of IEI's can go either way, but in reality, what I see is that their opinions go from carefully neutral appreciation at best to outright hatred, and where it is on this spectrum seems to be related to the amount of their mutual exposure.

And while I'm talking about inter-family relationships, I have a group of Alpha relatives who seem like Space Aliens to me. I mean, what do they eat? Do they sleep in pods at night?
    And my SLI son refused to have anything to do with my LSI ex-GF (and she didn't think much of him), although there may have been extenuating circumstances there. He did like the ESI that I briefly dated, and she him. Not that that matters to me, but it does show a trend. He acts weird around my IEE bookkeeper, like he sees something he really wants but is afraid of it.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-30-2019 at 11:58 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I remember when I chose between LSI and LSE, I wished to be LSE. but got more often LSI in tests so doubted much. until IR used which pointed on LSE much better
    Hmmmm

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Hmmmm
    I type for many years and check IR effects - they fit good to LSE. My behavior is shifted to introverted types side from the common for extraverts.
    This happened in teenager time when I've lost some emotionally important people and got other problems. I did not recovered completely, including because I still have the strong lack of emotional support. I've supressed emotions and became more closed to people to reduce negative for me - this reminds what introverts do.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I type for many years and check IR effects - they fit good to LSE. My behavior is shifted to introverted types side from the common for extraverts.
    This happened in teenager time when I've lost some emotionally important people and got other problems. I did not recovered completely, including because I still have the strong lack of emotional support. I've supressed emotions and became more closed to people to reduce negative for me - this reminds what introverts do.
    And you type me EIE and can’t see my Fi?
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol I think you should revisit that typing.

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, IEI #@$#$# belong to beta

Chris Hannah (EIE) David Guillas (IEI)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The most strong argument is that I get IR effects which fit to LSE much better than any other type. I type alot and get confirmations of this for years.
    You can't feel what I feel to people to understand me. But you may look my bloggers/actors lists. If I'd was LSI, then most typed there as E*I were E*E and vice versa. I feel more comfortably from typed as base Fi types - I like those people much more.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He’s not LSI

Too much idealistic dreaming to be connected to strong reality
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And you type me EIE and can’t see my Fi?
    At least EIE isnt far from ESE