Thread: Confrimation of my type!

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Confirmation of my type!

Okay, I have been mulling and questioning this for a little while over my type. Mostly I have been overthinking it I think but, I would really like some confirmation to see if I am an SEI over and IEI. I know I have Fe creative, Ti mobilizing, and Te-Polr no doubt. In MBTI personality typing I have typed ISFJ and a Si-leading in that category. However, socionics Si is a little different and I am questioning if my internal sensations are rather just Ni. WHile I do feel the most comfortable being typed as an SEI, I have seen myself in a lot if IEI aspects and certain Beta ideals. I have my own way about viewing and going about things so I just want to double check against my personal bias with other peoples perspectives so I can be sure.

I want to mention that I have grown up a lot around heavy Gama and Delta influence so, it also makes me question if I would fit in better with the Beta quadrant as I am often surrounded by both quadrants. I have had Alpha influence however, I have honestly not have had a lot of direct Alpha influence until the past year or two. I feel very conflicted in where I belong a bit as I have often felt like the odd one out

-I enjoy my comforts very much but, I will sacrifice for a period time or adjust if I have too. I do need a safe place to chill that's comfortable though at the very least. Otherwise, I can adapt.
    -I struggle with starting a project unless a) its for someone b) I break it up into little bits so it feels less intimidating c) it's my duty d) I have a passion about it
    -I have a strong will but, I don't think I come across as having one or I use it when completely necessary. If I have to use it, it is often out of tact and I know there is no other way it will work.
    -If I go about approaching a social situation, I am often looking for the right words or time to go about it
    -I like to look for the meaning behind things and see if there is anything deeper. I like to look for patterns and feel very comfortable recognizing visual or behavioral patterns. I cant always accurately predict the patterns but I can feel the pattern and escalate it or desecrate it when necessary.
    -I love to compare and contrast. I am more inclined to look for what is different then what is constant.
    -I think about the future but I don't always know how to get there.
    -I can be kind of animadverted with aesthetics. I'm not usually bothered by other peoples aesthetic unless it seems out of place or people try to mold me to a certain aesthetic or that I have to like theirs.
    -I find it appealing when people compliment me on the fit or texture for choice of clothing.
    -I would be extremely unhappy working in a job that I was not passionate about or had to do a lot of physical labor for the rest of my life.
    -I have an interesting imagination
    -As a child, I partook in a lot of art's and crafts and I have always been good with my hands
    -My family has mentioned how creative I am and with my friends its more my analytical skills
    -All of my hand skills I have learned through the internet and by watching
    -I like sports but I can tire out easily
    -I can be very territorial about my space and my items however, it doesn't come up as I can usually keep people away from those things
    -I don't like being weak, however I would rather be a support then lead
    -I heavily dislike conflict and when people are pushy
    -I enjoy a relaxed atmosphere or a slow escalating thrill like one with lots of emotional enthusiasm and support.
    -I hate lacking passion, It feels like I am living in a grey world while I am desperate for colour.
    -I wish I had someone who could show me that there is more and it is achievable, especially when I am stuck and I am feeling anxious about the clouds coming around me and it starts to feel grey.
    -I know my limits generally in what I can achieve and what I cant
    -I don't enjoy cooking too much unless for specific reasons
    -While I am not great at telling a crafted joke, a lot of people find my observations of life and my thoughts heavily amusing and funny.

That's about it! All alternate perspectives are greatly appreciated!
    Thank you!
    Last edited by MissDucki; 05-05-2021 at 03:47 PM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Okay, I have been mulling and questioning this for a little while over my type. Mostly I have been overthinking it I think but, I would really like some confirmation to see if I am an SEI over and IEI. I know I have Fe creative, Ti mobilizing, and Te-Polr no doubt. In MBTI personality typing I have typed ISFJ and a Si-leading in that category. However, socionics Si is a little different and I am questioning if my internal sensations are rather just Ni. WHile I do feel the most comfortable being typed as an SEI, I have seen myself in a lot if IEI aspects and certain Beta ideals. I have my own way about viewing and going about things so I just want to double check against my personal bias with other peoples perspectives so I can be sure.

I want to mention that I have grown up a lot around heavy Gama and Delta influence so, it also makes me question if I would fit in better with the Beta quadrant as I am often surrounded by both quadrants. I have had Alpha influence however, I have honestly not have had a lot of direct Alpha influence until the past year or two. I feel very conflicted in where I belong a bit as I have often felt like the odd one out

-I enjoy my comforts very much but, I will sacrifice for a period time or adjust if I have too. I do need a safe place to chill that's comfortable though at the very least. Otherwise, I can adapt.
    -I struggle with starting a project unless a) its for someone b) I break it up into little bits so it feels less intimidating c) it's my duty d) I have a passion about it
    -I have a strong will but, I don't think I come across as having one or I use it when completely necessary. If I have to use it, it is often out of tact and I know there is no other way it will work.
    -If I go about approaching a social situation, I am often looking for the right words or time to go about it
    -I like to look for the meaning behind things and see if there is anything deeper. I like to look for patterns and feel very comfortable recognizing visual or behavioral patterns. I cant always accurately predict the patterns but I can feel the pattern and escalate it or desecrate it when necessary.
    -I love to compare and contrast. I am more inclined to look for what is different then what is constant.
    -I can be kind of animadverted with aesthetics. I'm not usually bothered by other peoples aesthetic unless it seems out of place or people try to mold me to a certain aesthetic or that I have to like theirs.
    -I find it appealing when people compliment me on the fit or texture for choice of clothing.
    -I would be extremely unhappy working in a job that I was not passionate about or had to do a lot of physical labor for the rest of my life.
    -As a child, I partook in a lot of art's and crafts and I have always been good with my hands
    -My family has mentioned how creative I am and with my friends its more my analytical skills
    -I can be very territorial about my space and my items however, it doesn't come up as I can usually keep people away from those things
    -I enjoy a relaxed atmosphere or a slow escalating thrill like one with lots of emotional enthusiasm and support.
    -I hate lacking passion, It feels like I am living in a grey world while I am desperate for colour.
    -I wish I had someone who could show me that there is more and it is achievable, especially when I am stuck and I am feeling anxious about the clouds coming around me and it starts to feel grey.
    -While I am not great at telling a crafted joke, a lot of people find my observations of life and my thoughts heavily amusing and funny.

That's about it! All alternate perspectives are greatly appreciated!
    Thank you!
    I'm not proficient at Socionics, but as a 4th Physics sensor I can tell you what sounds sensing.

I don't even like comforts at all and I still don't know what comfort even means in my context. However I am SEI-Fe so my Si is kind of wonky. Comfort is definitely a Si thing, but SEIs can sacrifice comfort to achieve something.

I can't really make a comment in the context of Si here.

SEIs are Se ignoring, we won't come off as being harsh or decisive most of the time.

I do the same, I think it has to do with role Ni.

I like to do the same thing with books and movies and so on. Patterns seems to be more Ni, and predicting is more Ni, but honestly people keep forgetting that we have role Ni that is 2D so that we can sort of do things like that if we choose to develop it. It isn't really on the same level as real Ni users though.

Not sure in what context this is in, but seeking patterns in behavior sounds more constant than different.

Weird, I think about the future but I know how to get there. I think this is situation dependent rather than type dependent though. If you read the description of role Ni, users tend to over plan their future without knowing the reasons for doing so if their function is underdeveloped. Honestly again people are forgetting that we have role Ni and that we can plan our futures, especially if we develop that function.

This is more Si, wanting your environment to be aesthetically perfect. I do not really care about other people's aesthetic full stop, and I am still classified as SEI.

I don't really care about this either, and still I am SEI. This seems more Si to me, seeing that Si is in tune with sensations.

Most people would be unhappy this way, perhaps at different levels, but still I think this is NTR.

I think imagination being interesting is NTR. How interesting your imagination is will be proportional to the amount of time and effort you spend into cultivating it. If you strive to look for meaning in things and note people's behaviors you will have more context with which to build characters in your mind that will be more 3D. I too have an interesting imagination, and I plan to write books with it, still SEI.

I can't comment on this in relation to me as I never really did arts and crafts or any handiwork. I would assume arts and crafts is more of a Si thing but not always. There are Ni types who paint and so on.

Any person can be creative in their own special way. Analytical skills sounds like Ti mobilizing to me, as tend to over analyze everything.

I think this is NTR.

I think sports is also NTR. There are intuitive types that do sports as well. My ILE boyfriend likes weightlifting, I've seen IEIs that like running, and so on.

I am not very territorial about my space and items as I don't really do anything to manage my environment (which is strange as SEI is all about environment but just ignore that, I sense I assure you). Managing one's own environment is more of a Si thing so if you do things to improve your environment that is Si.

-I don't like being weak, however I would rather be a support then lead.

I think that this is unrelated to the context of SEI vs IEI here.

Disliking conflict heavily seems to indicate a higher level of Si in a person. Again Si is more likely to want a stress-free non-competitive environment.

Relaxing atmosphere or slow thrill sounds like Si due to wanting a calm environment. Personally a relaxing environment is kind of terrible to work in for me, but I don't really care too much about the environment. I think Si is more about caring about the state of the environment around you, but I am SEI-Fe so I am more focused on emotions than sensing.

I think hating lacking passion is NTR because I believe that when a person lacks things to live for his soul starts to wilt and die.

This sounds totally Ne seeking, as Ne shows the possibilities in the world. Getting stuck and feeling anxious about the future is more Si than Ni. ILE would show you new ways to do everything so that you don't get stuck with your problems. As I am an extreme Fe subtype, I feel the pain of my dual seeking function even less so I can't really relate on any level to this, I only feel the pain of my mobilizing and polr function.

I hate cooking and I always end up somehow getting stuff everywhere. SEIs would be more likely to enjoy cooking than IEIs, but not all SEIs enjoy cooking. Domestic chores are honestly boring for pretty much everyone on Earth.

SEIs can make observations and be funny. Even people who are not in my Quadra can laugh at my jokes. Each Quadra roughly has its own style of jokes so other Quadras might find your humor lame but pretty much anyone can like any sort of humor regardless of type. Honestly just ask Alpha Quadra what they like about SEIs and they will have lots of good things to say. If someone says SEIs are boring, there is a good chance that they aren't alpha Quadra types.

I think you are solidly SEI no subtype. Fe subtype is too unlikely because of the major differences in the power of our Si.

As SEI-Fe, my Si is very weak and sad for an ego function but still better than my intuition. Most people wrongly assume that Si is always about their environment or that they are always noticing sensations, and other stupid things like that. They do not have Si and so they can't comprehend why a Si user wouldn't care about managing their environment or wouldn't care about or feel every single sensation or wouldn't care so much about comfort. How can Si be so idealistic and so on and not materialistic? If I exist then this system is clearly broken and needs to be changed.

They do not understand the ways of SEI at all... Most socionists have weak Si and therefore can't understand what Si really is. They can't comprehend such a flaw in their perfect system because it would destroy their stupid descriptions of Si and they would be forced to rewrite them. I say we email all of the socionists and get them to rewrite descriptions of Si into better ones so people stop misunderstanding what SEI is. Have you even ever read Gulenko's description of Si? No wonder there aren't more SEIs here when that is allowed to exist as a benchmark for typing someone. Moreover, the whole of socionics needs to be rewritten in order for progress to happen. So many bad type descriptions, so many misconceptions, so many detached typing systems like the enneagram (not that there is anything wrong with that, but it just isn't very neat and orderly with socionics), almost no one uses DCNH instead, I mean Socionists really have to look into the borders between types where everything gets fuzzy and invent better subtyping systems.

Sorry for the whole rant,

TD;LR, most SEIs feel like they don't belong as SEIs. It's kind of sad that way and I hope to encourage more SEIs to come here and type as SEIs.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post

I think you are solidly SEI no subtype. Fe subtype is too unlikely because of the major differences in the power of our Si.

As SEI-Fe, my Si is very weak and sad for an ego function but still better than my intuition. Most people wrongly assume that Si is always about their environment or that they are always noticing sensations, and other stupid things like that. They do not have Si and so they can't comprehend why a Si user wouldn't care about managing their environment or wouldn't care about or feel every single sensation or wouldn't care so much about comfort. How can Si be so idealistic and so on and not materialistic? If I exist then this system is clearly broken and needs to be changed.

They do not understand the ways of SEI at all... Most socionists have weak Si and therefore can't understand what Si really is. They can't comprehend such a flaw in their perfect system because it would destroy their stupid descriptions of Si and they would be forced to rewrite them. I say we email all of the socionists and get them to rewrite descriptions of Si into better ones so people stop misunderstanding what SEI is. Have you even ever read Gulenko's description of Si? No wonder there aren't more SEIs here when that is allowed to exist as a benchmark for typing someone. Moreover, the whole of socionics needs to be rewritten in order for progress to happen. So many bad type descriptions, so many misconceptions, so many detached typing systems like the enneagram (not that there is anything wrong with that, but it just isn't very neat and orderly with socionics), almost no one uses DCNH instead, I mean Socionists really have to look into the borders between types where everything gets fuzzy and invent better subtyping systems.

Sorry for the whole rant,

TD;LR, most SEIs feel like they don't belong as SEIs. It's kind of sad that way and I hope to encourage more SEIs to come here and type as SEIs.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ THROUGH IT! It made me very happy! I am still new at this theory and while I am getting the hang of it, I really appreciate the detailed explanation, especially coming from another SEI. It gave me new eyes and no more questioning my type! Had a bit of an existential crisis over it, but I kinda chalk that up with too much time in quarantine too though

I actually never thought about it that way but thank you for the perspective and I agree 100% in regards to Si. Thank you for the rant! I really like that you mentioned that most socionists have weak Si because that really puts it into perspective for me.Personally, I kinda feel that they describe Si as very shallow at times I bought Gulenko's book and I am in the middle of reading it and I will say some of it has me scratching my head haha! Still working through it and trying to understand the DCNH system as I find it very interesting.

Also, it is reassuring that you say that most SEIs feel that they don't belong. However, I will very happily type as SEI and continue to browse, post, and collect info. Thank you so very much again!

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-I enjoy my comforts very much but, I will sacrifice for a period time or adjust if I have too. I do need a safe place to chill that's comfortable though at the very least. Otherwise, I can adapt. -> Not a Se lead
    -I struggle with starting a project unless a) its for someone b) I break it up into little bits so it feels less intimidating c) it's my duty d) I have a passion about it -> Not Se or Te lead
    -> Not a Se or Te lead
    -> Low Ni or Ti but not Ni or Ti polr
    -> Low Ni but not a polr
    -> Not a Se ego
    -> Might be strong S or F
    -> Not a Te ego and not Se-dom, might be Fe ego
    -> Might indicate N
    -> Might indicate S
    -> Not a Se-dom, not a Te dom
    -> not a Se dom, not EJ
    -> not a Te ego, might indicate Fe ego
    -> Might indicate negativism
    -> Might indicate strong Ne

I eliminated some that I thought could be a result of multiple things, overall based on your self description I think SEI>>>IEE

Your Avatar and FreelancePoliceman's avatar should have a duel

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In MBTI personality typing I have typed ISFJ and a Si-leading in that category. However, socionics Si is a little different and I am questioning if my internal sensations are rather just Ni. WHile I do feel the most comfortable being typed as an SEI, I have seen myself in a lot if IEI aspects and certain Beta ideals.
    It's the same.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    -I enjoy my comforts very much but, I will sacrifice for a period time or adjust if I have too. I do need a safe place to chill that's comfortable though at the very least. Otherwise, I can adapt. -> Not a Se lead
    -I struggle with starting a project unless a) its for someone b) I break it up into little bits so it feels less intimidating c) it's my duty d) I have a passion about it -> Not Se or Te lead
    -> Not a Se or Te lead
    -> Low Ni or Ti but not Ni or Ti polr
    -> Low Ni but not a polr
    -> Not a Se ego
    -> Might be strong S or F
    -> Not a Te ego and not Se-dom, might be Fe ego
    -> Might indicate N
    -> Might indicate S
    -> Not a Se-dom, not a Te dom
    -> not a Se dom, not EJ
    -> not a Te ego, might indicate Fe ego
    -> Might indicate negativism
    -> Might indicate strong Ne

I eliminated some that I thought could be a result of multiple things, overall based on your self description I think SEI>>>IEE

Your Avatar and FreelancePoliceman's avatar should have a duel

Thank you soooooo much for taking the time as well! much appreciated! Your comments gave me a different perspective on the functions too! Glad to hear another agreement for SEI as well!

Aha! Sadly, I don't think my little knife would be able to take on a gun in a duel. Short range maybe but, not in long range

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mb IEI

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your answers say: LIE who has figured meaning of life hence transformed to a type called SEI.

OK, from this low Te. Don't give a crap about Se. Ej's drive you away. So, SEI, why not.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you give examples for the things listed above?

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Can you give examples for the things listed above?
    1.) I enjoy looking at the meaning behind things for fun. Like give me a random object and I'll find someway to give meaning behind it. I like looking at peoples names for what they represent. Funny enough, my full name is 666 in letters, I find that humorous. When I get to know people, I get a strong feel of them both emotionally and I can predict causally if they will do something. It's not always 100% but it is better when I am close to the person. My brother would always come to me with a sticky situation in which I warn him of how it will be worse but he never listens.

2.) People have mentioned to me I have an interesting imagination. I remember watching an old video of a kid in when I put on a play and it made 100% no sense to anybody who wasn't me. Hell, watching it as an adult I couldn't understand it but I understood the essence of it and remember my thought process as it made sense in my head. I don't think it is strange but I get some weird reactions to what I say from my imagination or observations. That or they never though of it that way. My prof found some of my observations interesting in my lit analysis class.

3.) I know my physical limits better then I know my intellectual limits. I know I can't accurately tell my limits in an intellectual but I always know my physical limits. Exercise is easy, food is easy, and how tired I am. My math and language skills limits? I think on the poor side but I know they are not 100% accurate.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo let's question your typing further.

Do you daydream? if yes how often?

Do you have a mental visual imaginary?
    Have you created imaginary worlds?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ISFP / SEI
    based on the video

> In MBTI personality typing I have typed ISFJ and a Si-leading in that category.

MBTI test identifies dichotomies only. It gave the mistake for J/P, which is rationality/irrationaly dichotomy in Socionics and at Jung (who used as synonyms rationality/judging and irrationality/perceiving for functions). Socionics has similar tests as MBTI test - dichotomy tests, where the similarity is evident, besides common dichotomy descriptions in books.
    Even when you get additional interview about 8 functions, they prefer to follow to MBTI test results. So near-MBTI texts with the mistake for functional model of introverted types influences not much.
    You should notice that P description fits you better. Same as SEI (irrational, P type) more than ESI.
    Last edited by Sol; 07-24-2021 at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    ISFP / SEI
    based on the video

> In MBTI personality typing I have typed ISFJ and a Si-leading in that category.

MBTI test identifies dichotomies only. It gave the mistake for J/P, which is rationality/irrationaly dichotomy in Socionics and at Jung (who used as synonyms rationality/judging and irrationality/perceiving for functions). Socionics has similar tests as MBTI test - dichotomy tests, where the similarity is evident, besides common dichotomy descriptions in books.
    Even when you get additional interview about 8 functions, they prefer to follow to MBTI test results. So near-MBTI texts with the mistake for functional model of introverted types influences not much.
    You should notice that P description fits you better. Same as SEI (irrational, P type) more than ESI.
    Thank you for taking the time and I am sorry I didn’t even see this until now! Bad duck… But I appreciate it!