Results 6,361 to 6,400 of 6486

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I’m dealing with the stress of overworking (round the clock) and needing rest which I don’t get . I feel so guilty thinking about wanting time off to do me since so many people are left without jobs and in poor conditions in this pandemic. Like I should shut my emotions aside and show up to work
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I’m dealing with the stress of overworking (round the clock) and needing rest which I don’t get . I feel so guilty thinking about wanting time off to do me since so many people are left without jobs and in poor conditions in this pandemic. Like I should shut my emotions aside and show up to work
    I will pray for you and work.

I have been working at quite a pace for a long time, including really intense high paced teaching positions that are temporary, so I put myself all-in, in a big way, and get to know all these students and this new system, just to leave them all and start all over again elsewhere. It's the hard part of teaching, but over and over again. But recently I started a new career path including some teaching, for a really special institution I love and it will be a whole different saner pace, eventually, for sure, after I get acclimated and trained and accustomed to it all - and I won't have to LEAVE after I settle into the right pace, focus and routines - finally! And for the first summer in years, I am not consumed with job searching for September. yea! I did not expect this change, and I wouldn't have had time to look for it except I went through my first lull with no good positions to apply for, and therefore had time to see and consider this. Also the commute is perfect. Who knew that all along God had something better, different, and more suited to me?

Maybe God has something out there for you that's better, different, more suited to you, and that is why He is allowing you to feel this dissatisfaction about what you are doing now.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I’m an 800 meter (two laps) track runner and I’ve been following and typing the track runners. I have an inclination that Athing Mu is also INFJ. It seems to me a lot of mid distance runners are INFJ. She is a beautiful woman
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m an 800 meter (two laps) track runner and I’ve been following and typing the track runners. I have an inclination that Athing Mu is also INFJ. It seems to me a lot of mid distance runners are INFJ. She is a beautiful woman
    I’m a runner too! Well, I unfortunately took a break from it due to injury, but I love it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    I’m a runner too! Well, I unfortunately took a break from it due to injury, but I love it.
    Does Abby Cooper 5000m seem like EII?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    SLI Te subtype
    Are you sure? Seems LSE ish

On another note… I am watching videos like this and commenting

https://youtu.be/zquslCUon_U

“I like it when friends team up” lol
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-29-2021 at 08:20 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I like him but he speaks like an extrovert somehow, the way he quickly gathers his thoughts.

Would you mind explaining the thoughts behind your SLI typing? I haven't met and correctly identified enough SLIs it seems...
    He speaks very similarly to a SLI Te subtype guy who does scene productions here. Shy on expressing himself but keen on technical know-how recognizing the workings behind the scenes.

I've also misplaced these posts it seems meant for the delta typing thread

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Sol

I would never threaten to have my kids kicked out of a home or make “small drama” at home

Not me

“ Robespierre tailored to the interests and values ​​of the first quadra, which are often limited by concerns about family well-being, peace, peace and health of the household ... Hamlet (especially used to the extreme) and here manages to make a storm in a teacup - just for tone, for emotional release. Because of that and there are frequent quarrels with Robespierre, who believes that in time of peace in the mood is not justified, and behavior - is unacceptable.

(Here, by the way, it is appropriate to finish explaining what ended the relationship reunited after a long separation, daughter Leah and mother-EIE. Following the reunification of their relationship had deteriorated and eventually they had to pass one another and to live apart. Their last quarrel occurred at children's parties, when mother (now a grandmother), barely appeared, was to teach her grandchildren and threaten them with a finger: "Behave well, otherwise you kicked out of here". Daughter - Robespierre saw such treatment of her children, was outraged: "It is their down! She behaved as if they were guilty. Why scare them? Why would spoil their mood? They're nothing wrong yet did not! She does not understand that it hurt them this, they ruined holiday ". ”
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I did it! I quit the only tenure track job I will ever have (because the job market is practically non-existent) right before tenure review (I more than likely would have been granted tenure, so I would have had total job security) because I was too miserable living in a small town in the middle of nowhere with endless and freezing winters at a university that doesn't give a damn about my field. I accepted a 1-year position and moved myself to MIAMI. If you had told me four weeks ago this would happen, I would have laughed. Now I am in an Airbnb in Miami looking at apartments so I can start calling people in the morning. I have a year to figure out a new career trajectory. It's surreal and exciting and scary and all the rest of it.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I did it! I quit the only tenure track job I will ever have (because the job market is practically non-existent) right before tenure review (I more than likely would have been granted tenure, so I would have had total job security) because I was too miserable living in a small town in the middle of nowhere with endless and freezing winters at a university that doesn't give a damn about my field. I accepted a 1-year position and moved myself to MIAMI. If you had told me four weeks ago this would happen, I would have laughed. Now I am in an Airbnb in Miami looking at apartments so I can start calling people in the morning. I have a year to figure out a new career trajectory. It's surreal and exciting and scary and all the rest of it.
    Congratulations, @Kim.

You only get one life, and it begins when you realize that.

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Congratulations, @Kim.

One life in the current lived life. One chance to be this exact person. People do not live one life, though. Energy cannot create or destroy, it recycles.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you've been thinking about and wanting change for a long time. Way to be brave!

(just watch out for mold while living in humid, soggy Florida - it's the worst)
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm feeling dark and angry lately. Help.

------------------------

This is a weird feeling for a 9, maybe especially for a 1 wing. What do I do with all this? Some of it is pretty dusty.
    Last edited by Minde; 08-13-2021 at 05:37 AM.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You guys can use the findings of this research to help improve the function of your brain.

I meditate for 15 minutes a day twice a day using Gama Waves at 40Hz and it has basically eliminated my depression.

https://news.mit.edu/2019/brain-wave...lzheimers-0314

among many gamma wave meditations on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQXNCwfqRjo
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Congratulations, @Kim.

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I know you've been thinking about and wanting change for a long time. Way to be brave!

(just watch out for mold while living in humid, soggy Florida - it's the worst)
    Thank you both! It's been very very exciting - and no mold yet because the building I moved into is brand new (although the first cockroach appeared before there was even any food in the apartment...). I also love my new job so far.

Minde, I hope you feel lighter and airier again. <3
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And now I also met someone who is the emotional, intellectual, and physical manifestation of my dream guy, who doesn't drink (yay!), and who plays me Colombian love songs on the beach. Life is so good and exciting right now, it's a bit disorienting. If I still had my pups with me, it would be perfection (well, except for a non-functioning AC, but oh well). Funny how life can go...

ETA: I am aware of my dating track record and have learned to enjoy while it lasts. So far, so great. Kindness really is the sexiest of all traits (power lifter arms are nice, too).
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm feeling dark and angry lately. Help.

------------------------

This is a weird feeling for a 9, maybe especially for a 1 wing. What do I do with all this? Some of it is pretty dusty.
    Go to your favorite... fuck, I forgot about COVID Order in some quality wings (9 of them) from your #1 restaurant that does delivery (or takeout) and enjoy them with a healthy dose of hot sauce, beer (there's plenty of quality stuff in your area), and watch reruns of your favorite TV show. Don't talk to anyone for two or three days, say, an entire weekend. Stay in and/or spend some alone time in nature.

But seriously, just relax and give it time. Then, when you no longer feel like this, work on what triggered it, if there was such a thing to begin with.
    Last edited by Park; 09-18-2021 at 01:48 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minde, I hope you feel lighter and airier again. <3
    Thanks, it comes and goes. There's some hope on the horizon.

And now I also met someone who is the emotional, intellectual, and physical manifestation of my dream guy, who doesn't drink (yay!), and who plays me Colombian love songs on the beach. Life is so good and exciting right now, it's a bit disorienting. If I still had my pups with me, it would be perfection (well, except for a non-functioning AC, but oh well). Funny how life can go...

ETA: I am aware of my dating track record and have learned to enjoy while it lasts. So far, so great. Kindness really is the sexiest of all traits (power lifter arms are nice, too).
    He sounds like a nice person to be around. Also, just because you have a "dating track record" doesn't mean something can't go well or be good. How is it going?

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Go to your favorite... fuck, I forgot about COVID Order in some quality wings (9 of them) from your #1 restaurant that does delivery (or takeout) and enjoy them with a healthy dose of hot sauce, beer (there's plenty of quality stuff in your area), and watch reruns of your favorite TV show. Don't talk to anyone for two or three days, say, an entire weekend. Stay in and/or spend some alone time in nature.

But seriously, just relax and give it time. Then, when you no longer feel like this, work on what triggered it, if there was such a thing to begin with.
    That sounds absolutely divine. (I really don't think you're LSI, btw.)

My sister has some time off in a couple of weeks and has invited me to spend time with her. Over the last few years she's been practicing times of being alone (a healthy yet challenging thing for IEEs) and I think we will go to a peaceful spot and just be for awhile.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I really don't think you're LSI, btw.)
    Any specific reason(s) or observation(s)?

I don't think any of the Ni/Se types fit my personality well, either. That being said, aside from temperaments and my understanding of how IPs clash with EJs, I don't have much against wearing the LII label. I tend to have a peculiarly icky/aversive reaction to people sharing their transient emotions overtly and explicitly (as in the form of emotional reactions; and particularly when they are directed at me), but I haven't figured out if this is suggestive of weak and unvalued Fi or Fe.

My sister has some time off in a couple of weeks and has invited me to spend time with her. Over the last few years she's been practicing times of being alone (a healthy yet challenging thing for IEEs) and I think we will go to a peaceful spot and just be for awhile.

...she's been practicing times of being alone (a healthy yet challenging thing for IEEs)...
    This is why memes like the one below are wrong, generally speaking. It's exactly the opposite in reality. (Introverts get tired of spending too much time by themselves and can't wait for that occasional rare opportunity to present itself. This is challenging because people and activities need to really align for us to feel comfortable and want to engage, and to subsequently derive any sort of benefit or value out of it. For extroverts, it's along the lines of what you described.)

Last edited by Park; 10-16-2021 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Added meme
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so glad for you. I love that area where you were but it is abotu the last place inthe world for a beach girl. Miami. It must b e the right place for you! So glad for you!
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks, it comes and goes. There's some hope on the horizon.
    That's so good to hear! You probably have a solid support network, but if you ever prefer talking to a half stranger, I am always happy to chat. I can relate to trying to make it through dark (and angry times). I hope it will go more than it comes for you soon. Have a lovely time with your sister. <3 <3 <3

He sounds like a nice person to be around. Also, just because you have a "dating track record" doesn't mean something can't go well or be good. How is it going?
    He is lovely and it's going so well! I think my bad dating record did teach me many things about what I can't live with and what I need. He is very calm, but adventurous and spontaneous. We drink 7/11 coffee at random street corners or go to the gym or go the beach or just drive around and do sing-alongs. Right now I am grading papers and he is playing Call of Duty and it's so comfy and nice.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I am so glad for you. I love that area where you were but it is abotu the last place inthe world for a beach girl. Miami. It must b e the right place for you! So glad for you!
    Thank you! It's a nice area, but not for someone who only really wants summer in her life. I am excited to go back to NYS for a wedding next week, but Miami is the place for me. I don't just love the beach, I am also very much a city girl.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That's so good to hear! You probably have a solid support network, but if you ever prefer talking to a half stranger, I am always happy to chat. I can relate to trying to make it through dark (and angry times). I hope it will go more than it comes for you soon. Have a lovely time with your sister. <3 <3 <3

He is lovely and it's going so well! I think my bad dating record did teach me many things about what I can't live with and what I need. He is very calm, but adventurous and spontaneous. We drink 7/11 coffee at random street corners or go to the gym or go the beach or just drive around and do sing-alongs. Right now I am grading papers and he is playing Call of Duty and it's so comfy and nice.
    @Kim, that sounds lovely.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Kim, that sounds lovely.
    Thank you! It really is. Same love languages are great! I don't know what his type is - I am sure about IP, but not the rest. I haven't given it much thought.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got married on Thursday! It was not a big affair - the courthouse and lunch with a very small group of people. Afterward he and I went to our hotel on the beach. On the way to the hotel, he sang the songs he played for me on his guitar at the beach on our second date (this one is my favorite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyfmf-NEZbI). At the hotel we took a nap, then we went to have dinner at a Turkish restaurant on the beach. We talked life together, where we will live, when we will visit our friends and families in Germany and Colombia, and how many dogs we will have (he thinks one or two, I think five or six or 18). In the morning, we had breakfast on the beach. It was perfect!

It sounds like a cliche, but he is truly the man of my dreams. It's been so lovely and exciting! And it's true what they say - it DOES feel different to be married! <3
    Last edited by Kim; 12-11-2021 at 05:09 PM.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Congratulations, @Kim.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Congratulations on your wedding. I need future advice… should I accept my entrance to USC for grad school?
    -

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations on your wedding. I need future advice… should I accept my entrance to USC for grad school?
    I am neither Kim nor Delta, but why wouldn't you? I assume you applied because you wanted to go, right?

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need future advice… should I accept my entrance to USC for grad school?
    What are the pros and cons? Are there better prospects? If not, why not go?

Also, congratulations to Kim.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It’s $79,000 for a two year program
    -

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It’s $79,000 for a two year program
    @Beautiful sky, are they going to be providing financial assistance?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Beautiful sky, are they going to be providing financial assistance?
    Loans only
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I meant to respond to this earlier and thought I had but apparently not...)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Any specific reason(s) or observation(s)?
    Apart from you giving me the exact advice that I need? Despite misunderstanding each other sometimes, I don't get the "alien" Beta vibe from you. Like once I understand what you mean, it usually makes sense to me. While there are some people who are pretty strict about their socionics boxes, I tend toward looser interpretations and will go with "general direction" typing, and if I go by a sort of process of elimination you end up as ISTp in my mind. Overall Delta values, not NF, less bossy than ESTj.

I suppose you could be LII or another type, but you seem a little more caregiver-y than the LIIs I know. Not that they can't be kind and giving, but it's almost reflexive on your part to offer practical assistance/advice, which I associate more with Si ego people.

There are a LOT of things that can muddy typology waters, including childhood experiences, culture, ongoing circumstances, education / skill-building, etc. I personally don't get worried if someone doesn't fit any profiles. To me the point of socionics is to be helpful, and if it's not then I don't try to force it.

I got married on Thursday! It was not a big affair - the courthouse and lunch with a very small group of people. Afterward he and I went to our hotel on the beach. On the way to the hotel, he sang the songs he played for me on his guitar at the beach on our second date (this one is my favorite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyfmf-NEZbI). At the hotel we took a nap, then we went to have dinner at a Turkish restaurant on the beach. We talked life together, where we will live, when we will visit our friends and families in Germany and Colombia, and how many dogs we will have (he thinks one or two, I think five or six or 18). In the morning, we had breakfast on the beach. It was perfect!

It sounds like a cliche, but he is truly the man of my dreams. It's been so lovely and exciting! And it's true what they say - it DOES feel different to be married! <3
    Oh, wow! That sounds so lovely. How are things going now? Do you have any puppies yet?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, @Minde. Happy New Year! I hope all is well with you and your loved ones (including your dog).

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P.S. You might have a point about the reflexive practical advice/assistance. I've had different people react very differently to that. Some are more appreciative and receptive than others. On the negative side, I've been met with reactions ranging from "meh, let's talk/do something else" to people downright mocking me or thinking I'm a fool for wasting my time helping someone else with something they are struggling with. What's funny is that I don't consider myself particularly physical or practical (I'm just a languid dude who aims to be constructive, competent, and efficient), so I sometimes find myself surprised when my "practicality" winds up being helpful to someone in a meaningful, non-trivial way.

Anyway, I've always found you cool and easy to interact with, and I suppose you're one of those people who trigger that "caregiver-y" instinct in me. I guess I like caring for people in that instinctual, spontaneous, non-committal, non-elicited, natural sort of way. :-)
    Last edited by Park; 01-13-2022 at 06:03 PM.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, wow! That sounds so lovely. How are things going now? Do you have any puppies yet?
    It really was lovely! And it's going great - he moved in a month ago and so far so great! We really enjoy spending time together. No puppies yet! We can't have pets in this apartment, but hopefully next summer. How is your puppy??
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I paid $60 for a pair of uncomfortable and yet pretty shoes. Now I don’t want to wear them
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Our landlord just announced a rent increase of $250 (for a studio apartment) because he can. This is not at all a fancy area (some travel guides call it gang territory, which it really isn't either), but on the verge of becoming gentrified. We are looking for a new place and it's insane. I didn't move back to LA because it's expensive but relative to my income, Miami is more expensive (I would make more in LA and the rental market prices are comparable). I like Miami, but not enough to drop 1700 on a studio apartment because I am desperate.
    ― Anais Nin