Thread: Have any of you gotten typed by Gulenko? What were your results? How did you feel?

TIM
    LII 9w1 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Have any of you gotten typed by Gulenko? What were your results? How did you feel?

Hi,

I just got typed by Gulenko as LSI-C. I agree with about most of what he wrote in my report (sensory > intuition, logics > ethics), but honestly, I guess I don't resonate with the LSI archetype in general, so I feel a little suspended between two ideas.

I was just wondering about your guys' experiences were?

-Liam
    Last edited by wesleh00; 11-23-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@wesleh00 Creative are the most dissimilar to their type of all, I think. If you're like other LSI-C I've met, you'd be a bit inclined to think you're ILE maybe. Have you read the description for LSI-C? If you need it, just holler.

Will you upload a video about your typing at some point?
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    LII 9w1 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    @wesleh00 Creative are the most dissimilar to their type of all, I think. If you're like other LSI-C I've met, you'd be a bit inclined to think you're ILE maybe. Have you read the description for LSI-C? If you need it, just holler.

Will you upload a video about your typing at some point?
    Yes! Please link me the LSI-C description. Before receiving my type, I was back and fourth between ILE and LII (I won't lie though, the more I grazed over LSI stuff, I had a subtle but seeping feeling of "yeah, I think this might be me."). I hopefully will record and send them my response video later today.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulenko is known of low quality typings, which is proven by statistical analysis of his results (unjustifiable Beta quadra overrepresentation) and low convergence with other typers. His popularity comes from marketing tricks that resulted in some sort of cult following and his creativity, he came up with interesting ideas but he's very theory>practice.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulenko realizes that there are 16 types, but because he only types people Beta, he invented DCNH to make up for it. So LSI-C when translated to normal Socionics probably means ESI, LII, SLI, or something like that. Lol.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Gulenko realizes that there are 16 types, but because he only types people Beta, he invented DCNH to make up for it. So LSI-C when translated to normal Socionics probably means ESI, LII, SLI, or something like that. Lol.

I love this post.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except that those of us who have had experience with more taciturn LSI-N and chatty LSI-C can see there are some differences. No way they could be ESI or SLI (now I lol to that). If memory serves, there are videos of Gulenko and his people even taking groups to the forest and giving them challenges to see how they react and organize, to think he's all theory and no practice Is a tad off.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except that those of us who have had experience with more taciturn LSI-N and chatty LSI-C can see there are some differences. No way they could be ESI or SLI (now I lol to that). If memory serves, there are videos of Gulenko and his people even taking groups to the forest and giving them challenges to see how they react and organize, to think he's all theory and no practice Is a tad off.
    Well, there might be something to DCNH, though I'm a bit skeptical. I was mostly making fun of G's system of Betalogy.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im surprised you dont like DCNH. I think it's pretty easy to observe.

But do you admit that there are huge differences between people of the same type?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Im surprised you dont like DCNH. I think it's pretty easy to observe.

But do you admit that there are huge differences between people of the same type?
    Yes, I think so. I'm just not sure if DCNH is the explanation.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, there might be something to DCNH, though I'm a bit skeptical. I was mostly making fun of G's system of Betalogy.
    I've said this before, but one of our members who used to be in contact with G.'s people did say that she got it from them that, in their estimation, the quadras are not distributed evenly. It does not contradict daily life (that much). Have you thought what a pandemonium a junior high classroom would be with 3 real ILE students pouring their every thought and complex loudly onto the rest of the students and not getting much done? Now actually we might be mistyping and also, there might be truth to DCNH, hence when you read the description for each of these subtypes they're too nuanced to have come out of theory and not actually from (the practical activity of) interviewing people.

I had to re-read this because it's such a strange post coming from you. LSI-C with higher Ne (and Fe) is going to come off as chatty and slightly more extroverted but you'll hit the wall of impersonal and hard Ti+Se sooner or later. They don't become (Ne polr) ESI and they are not Se-polr LII. It's like, instead of going the logical way and considering imbalance in quadra distribution as a possibility you're willing to dismiss everything you've read about quadras and functions.

Quote Originally Posted by wesleh00 View Post
    I hopefully will record and send them my response video later today.
    Please do!
    Last edited by Rusal; 11-24-2021 at 01:00 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said this before, but one of our members who used to be in contact with G.'s people did say that she got it from them that, in their estimation, the quadras are not distributed evenly. It does not contradict daily life (that much). Have you thought what a pandemonium a junior high classroom would be with 3 real ILE students pouring their every thought and complex loudly onto the rest of the students and not getting much done? Now actually we might be mistyping and also, there might be truth to DCNH, hence when you read the description for each of these subtypes they're too nuanced to have come out of theory and not actually from (the practical activity of) interviewing people.

Sure, that's possible. But he's made some Beta typings I'm pretty skeptical of. @ashlesha's example comes to mind. So I think Gulenko is likely mistyping people as Betas often.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Sure, that's possible. But he's made some Beta typings I'm pretty skeptical of. @ashlesha's example comes to mind. So I think Gulenko is likely mistyping people as Betas often.
    I actually kind of agree with you here. I think Gulenko does have a sort of bias toward typing people as Betas (subconsciously or not). In one of his articles, he's basically pointed towards having a bias of sorts toward EIE in his conclusion on the cognitive styles:

Screenshot at Nov 24 02-04-34.jpg

In a way, this makes me doubt his impartiality a bit (maybe I am looking into it a bit too much). So far, I don't think that he has typed many (if any) Alphas and Deltas in his videos. If you're going to be paid just to be typed Beta/Gamma, then it's not worth it. It would make his methods questionable and the futility of the exercise would be up at the forefront of the questions. Sure, Gulenko more than likely had good intentions when he started out, but now it seems like he has gotten a bit lazy, you know?

As for DNCH, I know it can work and make sense, but I'm not sure if I am sold on it completely as a substitute/companion to the two subtype system because when someone says, for example, someone is a SEE-N and their PoLR is enhanced, that doesn't make much sense. Surely, a SEE with enhanced Ti would be pretty stressed, or another type altogether? I think, that from a theoretical standpoint, things CAN get a bit muddy with DNCH for things being explained. And also, if you can be double subbed, and your subtypes can change order, surely that makes things more confusing? An LSI with enhanced Ne and Fi? No.

The two subtype system isn't amazing either, and I think that it too can confuse people in a way. Take being an SLE-Ti, for example. Yeah, your base is still Se, but people can misinterpret that to mean 'seeing the world through a Ti-tinged Se lense' or 'does this person have a more logical leaning, supported by their base function'?

I can understand how and why people get confused by the whole Socionics thing, especially if they just read articles, and don't understand the IMEs and how they work together within the psyche. And how their circumstances affect that as well, from the POV of their current mental state, and their current home environment. There are so many variables and typing is harder because of it, but at the end of the way, Gulenko is just another opinion (yeah, he may be well-versed in Socionics). The final analysis is down to you. Yeah, Gulenko and WSS, etc. can help you narrow it down, but you have the final conclusion.
    @Rusal @wesleh00

TIM
    LII 9w1 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rusal @DEAD @FreelancePoliceman @Tallmo @Adam Strange @qaz00 Thank you all for responding! It was helpful to get to read all your perspectives.

I guess the thing that I am most concerned about (and skeptical about) lies within my predisposition to "sensory." Obviously, the connotation for intuition (introverted and extroverted) is much more profound, interesting, complex, etc. in relation to sensory (and especially extraverted sensing) which seems bland in comparison. I would even say its safe to assume that there is an undertone (in most typology) that intuition seems "cooler" to have as a dominant function (base or creative) compared to sensory, after all, even I think it sounds cooler!

Knowing this, I am constantly monitoring in the background, "Am I hesitant to accept my typing because I simply don't want to be a sensory dominant?" Thus, it's hard for me to discern whether my true desire lies on the axiom that intuition has a more elegant connotation or the axiom that I genuinely do not believe that I am not a sensory dominant.

If I truly am a sensor, then I will accept it. I just don't connect with the description of Se in LSI, in fact, I thought that If I was a sensor, I might be an introverted sensory dominant (though Si is strong and unconscious in LSI). I actually feel as if Gulenko nailed some of the other things about my personality traits, so there is definitely a sense of ambivalence in my results and thus my thinking and feelings towards them.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I wonder about Gulenko, is why he dropped the two-subtype system (when it's true and he seemed to have a grasp of it, I guess it only seemed that way).

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    What I wonder about Gulenko, is why he dropped the two-subtype system (when it's true and he seemed to have a grasp of it, I guess it only seemed that way).

My guess is that he did it to stay at the forefront of new Socionics thought. To enhance his reputation, that is. That, and because Ti/Ne = logical systems ad infinitum, plus the threat of "Publish or Perish". All academia seems to follow that last rule.

In my opinion, the two-subtype system seems to mirror the variations that we normally see in most life-forms, which is that characteristics tend to vary smoothly across populations. I also think that the subtypes are quite stable over time, once they have been established in an individual.

DCNH, on the other hand, seems to have been inspired by an article on rat behavior, and most people who have read the original article know that the authors selected, from one environment, rats demonstrating one type of DCNH behavior, and then placed these rats, let's say of D-type, into a different environment and they all then differentiated, each into one of the four DCNH types.
    This means that DCNH is not a stable personality trait, but is rather a social reaction to the environment.

Sure, it's interesting and it might tell you a bit about how a person will behave if you already see them behaving as one of the DCNH types, but how predictive is that?
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 12-25-2021 at 01:30 AM.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There's a whole big thread on it

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    In a way, this makes me doubt his impartiality a bit (maybe I am looking into it a bit too much). So far, I don't think that he has typed many (if any) Alphas and Deltas in his videos.

He typed an (apparently) non-forum member, who posted a video about it on youtube and then took it down. IEE is the type she got. Only many here didn’t get to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    As for DNCH, I know it can work and make sense, but I'm not sure if I am sold on it completely as a substitute/companion to the two subtype system because

I'd be inclined to think DCNH is a companion, not a substitute. Subtype and DCNH intertwine well enough from personal experience. Enhanced functions work within the limits of the type. Stronger Si in ESE harmonizing is not going to make them a lax SEI, but more 'directionless' servicial people yet they come in contact with people as ESE-Fe. But their Si creative is obvious, what other type could they be, one wonders.
    If I truly am a sensor, then I will accept it. I just don't connect with the description of Se in LSI, in fact, I thought that If I was a sensor, I might be an introverted sensory dominant (though Si is strong and unconscious in LSI). I actually feel as if Gulenko nailed some of the other things about my personality traits, so there is definitely a sense of ambivalence in my results and thus my thinking and feelings towards them.

Give it time and continue your journey to your self-understanding. When I first read about Socionics I thought I was a thinking type: I can feel so unemotional inside. Well, Fe leads (at least one of them) suffers from imposter syndrome and one of the four subtypes of every type, from apathy. Combine those two factors and and you get the idea.

Last edited by Rusal; 11-24-2021 at 06:37 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the risk of sounding repetitive, because I’ve already mentioned it I think, Filatova's pictures might provide assistance. I bring this up again because they did once more this past week. I typed someone I know ESI but something didn't feel right because VI said LSI (something about the eyes). I went back to G.'s description of LSI-H and it described this person very well. LSI-H have stronger Fi, don't they, and lack evident ‘inspector’ qualities so they might be mistaken for ESI. I took the opportunity and went over Talanov’s charts for both types and confirmed the person had more LSI traits. It's apparent to me that Gulenko’s subtypes, Filatova’s descriptions and portraits from 1990 and Talanov’s work align and there's no deviation from previous authors. It's all some nice exercice but it probably takes a Ti suggestive to notice this type of things. LSI-C is a more social-savvy but short-fused LSI, when you read the description, maybe this or this comes to mind but not 'SLI' or anything like that. And I believe Filatova's pictures possibly contain examples of every or almost every subtype.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I just got typed by Gulenko as LSI-C. I agree with about most of what he wrote in my report (sensory > intuition, logics > ethics), but honestly, I guess I don't resonate with the LSI archetype in general, so I feel a little suspended between two ideas
    I've looked at your video and beta T has good chance to be correct. Unlike EII which is in your profile now.

Gulenko makes significant % of typing mistakes and such is the general today situation with Jung types.
    He has and intensively uses some strange ideas about types and psychology. For example, there he claims that happiness relates mainly to Si function. While Socionics points on superid for this (as people need there help the most), Jung similarly was accented on weak functions and talked that functional disbalance creates psyche problems (including emotional ones), and common psychology points on variety of needs the satisfaction of which makes happier (check Maslow).

We may get lulz about many of what Gulenko does or says, but sometimes he may be correct. Mb not lesser than popular dichotomy tests which can be evaluated as having ~20-40% accuracy, what is better than accidental chance (6%). If to take common typing match 17% in known experiments - this means ~40% common typing accuracy. Gulenko can be close.

> I was just wondering about your guys' experiences were?

@toska is another possible LSI who thinks his type as EII.
    I saw several people who seem mistake to superego about own types. As 3 girls on socioforum site, where 2 of them seem to have redundant irritation. I may speculate about unconscious motivation of such strong mistake. Mb the opinion about having weaker functions as stronger helps them to feel more assured. And if to take that role function is activated to make better impression on other people - mb they are unusually not assured that they real can be accepted by the society.

Try to notice people with different types around you, with who you communicated significantly. And to check how IR theory fits to different variants of your type.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@wesleh00, I watched more of your video and you are channeling a guy that I work with.

When I first met the guy, I thought he was LSI, but then I decided that LII fit him better. He is just more “Se-masculine” in his appearance than most LIIs, but in his actions, he hangs way back and just observes.

LSIs can be way more in your face than he is, particularly if they see some personal advantage for doing so. I don’t get that impression from your video. Instead, I see a guy whose main interest is in discovering the truth (Ti), while keeping his options open to new information (Ne).

If you were an LSI, you’d be concerned with organizing data (Ti) and (particularly) other peoples’ behavior (Se) according to the “rules”. I didn’t see that inclination from your video.

So, I think you are a very masculine version of an LII.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Gulenko makes significant % of typing mistakes and such is the general today situation with Jung types.
    I don't think he does. It's you who rely too much on your perception of nonverbals, type and never bother to check how your typing holds against actual behavior. You typed Musk ILE so why does Gulenko's LSI ring truer for the ‘tyrant’ who controls and dominates everyone in his house as if he were at his job, as stated almost verbatim by his fist wife and implied very recently by his sensitive new ex wife? Because Gulenko is actually closer to correct. I'm not saying your perceptions are useless, I'm arguing that your mapping for what are nonverbals for an LSI is incomplete, as it's not always terrible; I understand why you might confuse ILE and LSI, I do, as some of them are superficially similar but there are some very specific nonverbals that are very characteristic of a particular type of LSI that went over your head because your perception is not refined as you think it is. Your denial of subtypes also makes for some stranger typings. Matthew Perry as LII is another that comes to mind. One thing that is unanimously agreed upon by all authors in the literature, at least to my recollection, is that LIIs tend to be in their own thoughts than other types and cautious in communication, needing social and warmer ESE to ‘tickle’ them into some degree of sociability. Look at these, does Perry look like he needs an ESE or any external force, like he's someone that's self-submerged most of the time? How do you explain this without heavy subtyping or, more likely, a different type altogether? You know, putting yourself above long-standing authors like Gulenko depends on your system of identification of nonverbals or whatever you want to call it being crackless; the moment people get the chance to look with a better eye, you're more difficult to be taken seriously.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I also got typed by Gulenko as LSI-C.

My main beef with it is not relating to the IJ temperament. I agree that I value Se and probably Fe as I realized recently that I like being around Fe doms. I dated both Fi and Fe doms and feel much better with the latter. Generally I find I am drawn into relationships with extraverted and ethical women, SEEs also feel alright but I feel there is less clarity there in terms of where we stand in the relationship, you just have to "feel it". And I also get along really well with @Suspiria who is EIE. But I relate to IP temperament better, though perhaps that is because I have an irrational subtype.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Alot of people who I know got typed by Gulenko as beta, however, when photos of the Christmas party where members of Gulenko's team/class were separted into quadras, there seemed to be an equal amount of each. Gulenko even said in an interview that while he believed that central quadras were dominant in influential spheres, he also believed that types were evenly distributed among the more general population.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Alot of people who I know got typed by Gulenko as beta, however, when photos of the Christmas party where members of Gulenko's team/class were separted into quadras, there seemed to be an equal amount of each. Gulenko even said in an interview that while he believed that central quadras were dominant in influential spheres, he also believed that types were evenly distributed among the more general population.
    are these photos on the site or easily accessible, and if so, could you tell me where? Lol now I’m interested.

I suppose that you are referring to the people that got typed in English? I don’t think it shows typing videos from his own language, or school (or such) does it? Because it wish it did. I guess since maybe it isn’t as popular in non eastern countries, it could be consider not just fun typology, but esoterics. And to actually get deeper in a theory to understand fit and find out about gulenko and make the effort to get typed, and to actually pay it, maybe that makes for more persistent and somewhat intellectually curious and somewhat deviant individuals attracted to a obscure cult like russian typology..lol and just maybe that would attract the central Quadra more then anything, and betas in between to the Word of Gulenko in particular, being aristocratic. A lot of hurdles to jump and follow a path, exploring esotericism seem more Ni/Se. It may be, I’m assuming, more popular and socially acceptable over there. So maybe more Ne/Si types jump into it there?

just speculation of course lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    are these photos on the site or easily accessible, and if so, could you tell me where? Lol now I’m interested.

I suppose that you are referring to the people that got typed in English? I don’t think it shows typing videos from his own language, or school (or such) does it? Because it wish it did. I guess since maybe it isn’t as popular in non eastern countries, it could be consider not just fun typology, but esoterics. And to actually get deeper in a theory to understand fit and find out about gulenko and make the effort to get typed, and to actually pay it, maybe that makes for more persistent and somewhat intellectually curious and somewhat deviant individuals attracted to a obscure cult like russian typology..lol and just maybe that would attract the central Quadra more then anything, and betas in between to the Word of Gulenko in particular, being aristocratic. A lot of hurdles to jump and follow a path, exploring esotericism seem more Ni/Se. It may be, I’m assuming, more popular and socially acceptable over there. So maybe more Ne/Si types jump into it there?

just speculation of course lol
    The photos:

Delta : https://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/showthread.php/7663-Examples-of-Deltas?p=1485769&viewfull=1#post1485769

Alpha : https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...57#post1485757

Beta : https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...64#post1485764

Gamma : https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1485767

Yes, I am referring to the people who got typed in English. I don't know how to explain it, you might be right, or maybe Gulenko considers English speakers to majority be betas, lol. I honestly don't have an explanation for it.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omg this is great, and made my nerdy day and nerdy heart flutter with excitement Lol

Leave it to @Existential Ibuprofen, our forum spy of the gulenko clan to collect us that gem
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Your denial of subtypes also makes for some stranger typings. Matthew Perry as LII is another that comes to mind. One thing that is unanimously agreed upon by all authors in the literature, at least to my recollection, is that LIIs tend to be in their own thoughts than other types and cautious in communication, needing social and warmer ESE to ‘tickle’ them into some degree of sociability. Look at these, does Perry look like he needs an ESE or any external force, like he's someone that's self-submerged most of the time? How do you explain this without heavy subtyping or, more likely, a different type altogether?
    Random, but I think Perry is ILE > LII. He's defnitely an extrovert that values Ne and Fe, but I am thinking Ne > Fe. He definitely doesn't seem LII to me, or like he has 2D Fe, judging by the videos.

TIM
    LII 9w1 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adam, I have been afk lately but I came back to all of these notifications. Thanks for your input! I never really agreed with the characteristics of the LII, where they supposed to be maybe floaty I guess? I have heavy movements but they're not super coordinated. When you talk about the "rules" could you clarify what you mean? Honestly, I've never really registered the idea that I have "rules" I uphold and go by, in my own experience, my "rules" (if I even consciously render any) vary depending on the people I am with.
    "For the human soul is virtually indestructible, and its ability to rise from the ashes remains as long as the body draws breath.”

-Alice Miller

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulenko's understanding of Jungian elements are not very correct. Instead, the elemental descriptions in Model A are way better (note that Aushra's descriptions on Ti has some minor problems since she has demonstrative Te).

Se is the sense of properties of objects.

To identify whether you are ILE/LII or LSI I think the first task is to determine whether you value Si/Ne or Se/Ni.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my typing is in and it's not what I expected. I got typed LSI-H.

How do I feel? While I'm surprised, I'm also not surprised. I got typed SLE by someone else about a year prior.

I don't think I am Ti ego, well it helps clear up something, that I am indeed Se ego, as I have suspected in the past.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post

How do I feel? While I'm surprised, I'm also not surprised. I got typed SLE by someone else about a year prior.

I don't think I am Ti ego, well it helps clear up something, that I am indeed Se ego, as I have suspected in the past.

You got typed LSI, and a Ukrainian got your money.

Sounds about right.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post

Signed in to say this is hilarious. I'm surprised it was LSI, but yeah grab a Beta type out of a hat.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    Do only betas post their result from Gulenko’s typing of them and/or he disproportionately types people at least online, beta? Does he think Betas represent most people irl as well?
    I wrote extensively about this, a few posts above.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong thread but the 'ENFP' that typed/went along with Wesleh00's self-typing as INTj looks IEI-C, rather.

Another typer, Aaron, self-typed ILE, used to have a girlfriend he typed SEI and used to expose her in front of the camera 'expecting' to 'fix' her Si into responsibility (a.k.a cleaning the house). The girl didn't look particularly SEI to me and could've been IEI or EIE for all we know. The same goes for some of the people orbiting Aaron and typed SEI.

There seems to be much lost in translation. If you need to be typed that badly, go for a more professional opinion.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm always baffled as to how people can place so much confidence in typing those they don't know. It takes me quite a while to actually type someone, especially when it conflicts with their own self-typing. I don't like the idea of acting like I know someone better than they know themselves.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lunacik View Post
    I'm always baffled as to how people can place so much confidence in typing those they don't know. It takes me quite a while to actually type someone, especially when it conflicts with their own self-typing. I don't like the idea of acting like I know someone better than they know themselves.
    I can form an opinion of someone’s type in about five seconds, although I’m often wrong, and I’m slower with many people. Sometimes, it takes years for me to correct an early evaluation, and it’s always done because I have more information about them.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I can form an opinion of someone’s type in about five seconds, although I’m often wrong, and I’m slower with many people. Sometimes, it takes years for me to correct an early evaluation, and it’s always done because I have more information about them.
    I guess it's just information processing styles...I evaluate information prior to accepting it, instead of accepting then correcting as I go. That can make me stubborn, but it also can make me unassuming. At least usually...I think I probably accuse too hastily sometimes as well.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lunacik View Post
    I guess it's just information processing styles...I evaluate information prior to accepting it, instead of accepting then correcting as I go. That can make me stubborn, but it also can make me unassuming. At least usually...I think I probably accuse too hastily sometimes as well.
    A good team needs both.

One to get the ball rolling, and the other to verify the facts.
    One positivist to boldly go, and one negativist to make sure the spaceship has enough gas.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I went through a process where self evaluation was required on a video.

It kind of reminded me of this process. I managed to come out clean because I was basically capable define myself simply with very few words disregarding external image. I think people can not do this on a general basis. It is not very natural and might work seriously against you out in a wilderness.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org