Thread: Te vs. Ti seeking in ethical types?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Te vs. Ti seeking in ethical types?

I'm fairly confident that I'm an ethical type, however I don't know whether I value te or ti. How do I know which is in my super-id? I love both heavily theoretical explanations and "how-to" guides, so I'm not sure.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Te values: evidence, proof, information, statistics, procedures, even laws of society (that can change), crystallized intelligence

Ti values: timeless laws (laws of nature, eternal truths), understanding, ''getting it'', getting to the essence of things, what is an object really?, models that reflect and depict reality (such as socionics), fluid intelligence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_...d_intelligence seems to correlate well

Last edited by Number 9 large; 10-18-2021 at 10:37 AM.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Te values: evidence, proof, information, statistics, procedures, even laws of society (that can change)

Ti values: timeless laws (laws of nature, eternal truths), understanding, ''getting it'', getting to the essence of things, what is an object really?, models that reflect and depict reality (such as socionics)
    Your Te description misses producing/action element and Ti description is like intuition (Ni>Ne) mixed with Ti.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    Your Te description misses producing/action element and Ti description is like intuition (Ni>Ne) mixed with Ti.
    nah

TIM
    ExFx (don't type me)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a Te valuer, I would say I appreciate pragmatic and concrete facts that I can use to take action (Te) more than "theoretical" information, like the internal logics of things/how they work.
    Ti does feel like intuition to me in a way, probably because it is my Polr.
    I relate a lot more to that crystallized intelligence for instance.
    Last edited by Xima; 10-18-2021 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Number 9 large

Just from this list I'd say I value both which is impossible according to socionics. (also isn't the "essence" of things under the domain of ne? )

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cambrian explosion View Post
    @Number 9 large

Just from this list I'd say I value both which is impossible according to socionics. (also isn't the "essence" of things under the domain of ne? )
    it seems to be Ti related but always put under intuition. This article highlights it:

https://cognitivetype.com/ti-behaviorism-mythology/

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fairly confident that I'm an ethical type, however I don't know whether I value te or ti. How do I know which is in my super-id? I love both heavily theoretical explanations and "how-to" guides, so I'm not sure.
    You answered your own question, imo. “I love heavily theoretical explanations.” Definitely doesn't sound N PoLR.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 10-19-2021 at 07:58 AM.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imo if you're stuck between two like this, it's always easier to compare from a different angle. Rather than Ti VS Te, compare other parts of the types. I mean, it's basically the equivalent of...

"How are these pictures different?" ("Which do I value, Te or Ti?")

"How are these pictures different?" ("Which one would I rather lick a cactus than deal with, Ne or Se? Ni or Si? Si or Se?")

More effective to just examine whatever has more contrast.

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm, IME Ti-seeking is kind of like: Asking many why/how questions, asking pointless questions (pointless as in, knowledge not applicable to real life). Te-seekers ask more what/who questions, and ask more about procedures or anything that can help them improve the way they do something..

I guess one way to discern between the two is, does it bother you when people are overly pedantic, argue over definitions, use needlessly complex vocabulary, argue about trivial things, talk a lot but don't get anything done? If it doesn't bother you then Ti-seeking.
    At least I know that IEE and SEE absolutely hate it when someone stresses the importance of the right definition of a word or even argues them over it. ESE just ask you right away what you (in particular) mean by that word, so the "definition" problem can get resolved and then you can move on in the conversation. EIE somtimes as well, but I find it that they just ignore it or keep listening and try to figure out what you mean. Both ESE and EIE "adopt" new words pretty quick, once the concept behind it is established. IEE and SEE are reluctant. Guess they don't want to sound like nerds or make a mistake (due to Ti misunderstanding).
    I'm not sure about IxFx types, ime they're a mixed bag.

Looking back a bit at some interactions I've had (as a Ti user), I think Ti talks in general are somewhat more abstract and detached from reality than Te talks, even with types like SLE and LSI. Even when talking about daily occurrences the chat drifts into conceptual stuff. Or that might be my Ne's fault I guess Te users don't bother talking too much with me except businessy stuff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@The Banana King

Well I enjoy theoretical discussion and I am myself very pedantic and use complex vocabulary willingly, as I want everything I do to be "correct", but I get annoyed when people just argue about theory instead of getting things done. I also want to move to the action quick when I do something and I'd rather look for a simple procedure than in-depth theory. It really depends on the circumstances.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, would you want want to have both of them?
    Well, it depends on what you mean by being ethical type.
    They fathom information according to the sense of animated or biotic values in their observation. Which means that they do have a better focus towards people > objects. What I would like to say here is that, as the Ego and ID of ethical types would be their main focus as in talents, abilities, creativeness, and also the main understanding of their Ego and Identity. You'd rather say that Ethical types know what to do with their feelings/ethics but not with thinking/logic, which implies that they need to be supervised by others for these lacks. Ti value as in dual-seeking, they would rather want to have a concise explanation of structure so they don't have to repeat it all over again, they need someone, such as Ti-ego types to explain a structure in a generalized and an "easily conceived" kind of explanation so they have a coherent idea to work on their structure in advance, they would be drawn towards Ti-valuers more and seeking for the relation of logic to understand a system, so they could explain it to others with their own words and prefer to have their dual explains all of them in case that they missed something. And vice versa for Te-dual seeking type, they would be drawn towards, not only "how-to" but also "do-it-yourself" kind of explanation, an explanation that is concise, straight, to-the-point, matters-of-dry-facts and direct explanation of things. However, since Te suggestive dislikes structure, they would be drawn towards Te's explanation and needs to be supervised in the regard of their own struggles in doing things by themselves. And hmmm, by this, ESE/EIE vs ESI/EII but since both have a better thinking element in their Super-Ego block, I could see why this kind of confusion often occurred. But each type has a different way to manifest their function. Role is pretty much a society-demand kind of function though, since both Ti and Te role might seem to value this element except that they'd neglect it easily once they saw a very concise explanation that might feed their suggestive function.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Te values: evidence, proof, information, statistics, procedures, even laws of society (that can change), crystallized intelligence

Ti values: timeless laws (laws of nature, eternal truths), understanding, ''getting it'', getting to the essence of things, what is an object really?, models that reflect and depict reality (such as socionics), fluid intelligence
    I mean, this is so simple

Te: at-the moment/momentum logic
    Ti: thing-in-itself/relational logic
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

phenomenon vs noumenon could also describe the difference between both of them as well

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noumenon
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenomenon

Noumenal Logic (Ti) vs Phenomenal logic (Te)

TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like Te-unvaluing to be honest.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CyRiTzu View Post
    I mean, this is so simple

Te: at-the moment/momentum logic
    Ti: thing-in-itself/relational logic
    i dont think Te is in the moment per se, thats more like Se, but i do like the noumenon phenomenon analogy

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ti is facts in and of themselves- or facts that can be logically sound in somebody's own head even if they contradict with 'objective data.' Ti is facts/logical looking for how it can manipulate the emotional energy in a room - Te is facts/data looking for how it can bond with one special thing and feel valuable.

Te is dynamic and doesn't care so much about making mistakes when it learns- I admit as a Ti valuer I feel horrible when I make even one slight mistake lol, I like to get everything perfectly right the first time but I end up missing something or the specific situation being dynamic and on the fly Te would work much better and I'm getting way too caught up in archetypes or categories or certain defintions etc. Then Miley Cyrus writes an encouraging song telling me not to worry because nobody's perfect and everybody makes mistakes- but I need to be perfect, goddamnit.

Te is 'more right' in the sense we learn via our mistakes and they make us grow and that even leads into more to what we truly want emotionally I think- since Te/Fi are instrically linked. So you have to bang things around a lot before it happens- at the same time, Te will sometimes just bang things around unnecessarily ((especially to Ti valuers)) - just to make more profit for themselves usually. It doesn't matter that it's total bullshit logically - cuz it makes their unique narc Fi happy for some strange reason. Arrogantly scream at somebody like a LIE businessman or LSE judge and they think you're beong 'confident' and they will follow you- even if all you are doing is kind of just trolling the trees or putting on a show. (both Te & Fe are overly showly) Ti doesn't bluster in that same fashion. It's not as 'sassy'. /grins lovingly at inumbra.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This whole thread would be an example of Ti seeking.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

People seek input that they deem useful to them, which is often not what they need. The word “seek” should perhaps be replaced by “need” because seek implies that people actually know what they're lacking. F-types don't deliberately seek a T-process but rather acceptable output from any process and they need this information delivered in such a way so as not to interfere with their own cognitive processes. Te- and Ti-rationalizations use identical algorithms so with similar input, they are quite capable of producing similar output; however, because of their different configurations, they deliver the same messages in almost polar opposite fashions. “How” is the bigger consideration in differentiating Te from Ti.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ethical type will gravitate toward Te or Ti regardless for the purpose of balance.

Te is very matter-of-fact, pragmatic and says, "This is gonna get done." It isn't interested in creating laws but following through on facts to promote efficiency

Ti is categorical, preferring understanding in order to create laws which are subject to refinement