Thread: Strangers and types

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Strangers and types

Is there a relation between type and how approachable you look?
    The past few days I've had 4 people start talking to me out of the blue. Would have been 5 if I wasn't in a hurry having to cut that conversation short. The conversations with strangers that I initiate myself are to ask for something like their help in a brief task. It's rarely about how the day has went or local politics.

Do strangers approach to talk to you? Do you initiate such conversations yourself? Is there any type relation to this??

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is there a relation between type and how approachable you look? According some type descriptions yes.

Do strangers approach to talk to you? Rarely if they don't need something from me. I even think there have been ppl who wanted to talk to me but they didn't. Most of my friends have told me that I look very serious and some others told me that I make them kinda nervous due me being too quiet and unexpressive. A lot of ppl have told my hub that they feel like I dislike them, lol

Do you initiate such conversations yourself?
    In person? almost never unless I've some kind of personal interest in someone (rarely) and If I don't feel uncomfortable or out of place when talking to him/her, in which case I just approach instinctively. In some occasions I can talk to strangers in social gatherings and is just by asking questions to avoid awkward uncomfortable silence. I make questions so I get ppl talking instead of me talking, because honestly I find physically tiring to talk and emotionally stressing to talk to most of strangers.

If I need something from someone I don't try to make casual talk to get it, I go directly to the point. I think doing the opposite would be as if I were stealing ppls time and manipulating them to give me a positive answer and I don't like to make ppl feel forced to give me positive response or be burdensome. That's why for example I utterly hate working in sales. Which consist basically in annoying others.

Is there any type relation to this??
    I think extraverts tend to be more social and 4DFe types more interested in meeting new ppl, also they look more approachable ime
    Last edited by Hope; 12-15-2018 at 03:07 AM.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Occasionally people will approach me. It seems to depend on the others personality, though. Most of them seem to me to be extroverted. Some people are just chatty for different reasons. Maybe they know me, want to ask me a question, or some people genuinely seem to like talking about random stuff...sometimes I get the sense some people are asking questions because they just like to talk (I usually try to figure things out by myself and asking is a last resort). But I don’t think I’m very approachable. I’ve been told I come off as snooty. I also don’t generally like chitchatting so I try to avoid it, or if I happen to get sucked into it, I try to get out of it a quickly. I don’t approach others just to talk. It’s usually because I have a question, have something to say, or sometimes if I’m familiar or like someone whose checking me at a check out I’ll start some small talk with them about some media, the weather, how busy or not busy it is. Because I feel awkward and kind of rude not saying anything. Or if I don’t know them and they start talking, I’ll just try to go with it. I never call others unless it has a purpose. And I try to get straight to the point without being rude, so I might throw in a little bit of small talk in there, like asking how they are doing. The minutes I use on my phone have always been significantly lower than the rest of my family.

Something I’ve personally noticed here is the US, is the more south I travel, the more chatty people seem to be. Maybe if I went somewhere like NY people wouldn’t be as chatty.
    Last edited by Aster; 12-15-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    Is there a relation between type and how approachable you look?
    The past few days I've had 4 people start talking to me out of the blue. Would have been 5 if I wasn't in a hurry having to cut that conversation short. The conversations with strangers that I initiate myself are to ask for something like their help in a brief task. It's rarely about how the day has went or local politics.

Do strangers approach to talk to you? Do you initiate such conversations yourself? Is there any type relation to this??
    Yeah but probably also attractiveness

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

_The past few days_

as the type exists some longer so there should be more significant reason

IR should be more important than a type to inspire a trust to you. this may also depend on situations

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually either just guys or homeless/crazy women so NTR.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Usually either just guys or homeless/crazy women so NTR.
    Lol, pretty much