Thread: How does SEE's and SLE's Ne Role manifest?

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How does SEE's and SLE's Ne Role manifest?

Ok so @niffer and I were having a discussion about LSI's PoLR and how it relates to understanding and linking things together, as opposed to :

Because I can't believe we're seeing yet another lead miss the point when it was very obvious and well explained in the first place. Like, it just isn't possible, what's their for them, nitpicking on irrelevant mistakes? While deleting any evidence of their own glaring ones...Putting 1+1 together doesn't require .
    Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Well the thing is... in a sense, it does. polr makes you extremely averse to being willing to put 1+1 together on your own unless you have absolutely no other choice left. And even then you might not want to. You'd rather have someone else do it for you. But we'll save this discussion for a thread on polr.

Since lack of annoys me just as much as lack of , and I had my EIE typing challenged in favor of SLE, I ask: SxEs of the forum, how does your Role manifest?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How I've experienced Ne role in myself and other SxEs:

- liking sizing up scenarios and reiterating these observations and insights to others, and being amused with yourself when doing it
    - making awkward or really distant analogies
    - dad jokes
    - occasional childlike, playful behaviour
    - looking out for and recognizing opportunities, in a subdued manner

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How I've experienced Ne role in myself and other SxEs:

- liking sizing up scenarios and reiterating these observations and insights to others, and being amused with yourself when doing it
    - making awkward or really distant analogies
    - dad jokes
    - occasional childlike, playful behaviour
    - looking out for and recognizing opportunities, in a subdued manner
    Hmm, so you verbalize ? How do others respond that that?

So analogies that don't really work even after explained, or just ones that require an explanation because they're not apparent?

Lol at the bolded, that's so lame

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Hmm, so you verbalize ? How do others respond that that?

So analogies that don't really work even after explained, or just ones that require an explanation because they're not apparent?

Lol at the bolded, that's so lame
    Analogies that work, but typically require some elaboration.

Lol also on the dad jokes, other jokes like calling out funny connections that come up or making puns happen too.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Analogies that work, but typically require some elaboration.

Lol also on the dad jokes, other jokes like calling out funny connections that come up or making puns happen too.
    Please give me an example, I need it for comparison purposes

Puns. Oh.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@LuckyOne I remember I once compared following societal trends to drinking contaminated water containing mercury in ancient societies, and posed the question: if everyone around you drank the contaminated water and went crazy, would you drink it too to find solace in the company, or would you want to abstain from drinking it to remain sane but be alone and surrounded by crazy people? This was to some gamma friends of mine, who found the concept really fascinating lol. I feel like this is the kind of society-related issue that beta types think about all the time (maybe deltas too sometimes), but that normie gammas don't typically. These kind of topics constitute good beta-gamma convos IME lol.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@LuckyOne I remember I once compared following societal trends to drinking contaminated water containing mercury in ancient societies, and posed the question: if everyone around you drank the contaminated water and went crazy, would you drink it too to find solace in the company, or would you want to abstain from drinking it to remain sane but be alone and surrounded by crazy people? This was to some gamma friends of mine, who found the concept really fascinating lol. I feel like this is the kind of society-related issue that beta types think about all the time (maybe deltas too sometimes), but that normie gammas don't typically. These kind of topics constitute good beta-gamma convos IME lol.
    Ok but why are the two things equivalent to you? Did they get what you meant or did you have to explain it? Did you made the comment so you could follow it with the inquiry? Why did you asked it in the first place? And what what your answer be?

To be a Gamma, how light of an existence that must be

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nothing personal but this train of questions getting me to specify and explicate is triggering my PTSD from the Ti polr thread. I'll come back to this later..... LOL.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

an SLE I worked with whenever he would be in a situation that was unjust or stupid or whatever would always make a relatively "grounded" but sometimes "distant" analogy to illustrate his point. In other words, he'd use objects in his analogies that were concrete, relevant to the work, and simple, yet he would frame the entire analogy in a slightly difficult to grasp or long range kind of way. Like when the general manager would schedule too much for the kitchen to handle, and he'd criticize them for not doing their jobs (which he wouldn't put it like this, I'm making it clear in advance) he'd say "this is like me saying I can't make burritos" (he was a chef). The idea was like its the GMs job to make sure from the top down the restaurant has conditions set for it they can effectively handle, failure to do that constitutes inability to do their job. When confronted with that, he would ask them to schedule less, the response was "we can't do that"--and his response would be "that's like me saying I can't make burritos." I don't think anyone connected the dots in real time, but they kind of grasped he had a point in there somewhere. the analogy was good he was just running a little too far ahead

its funny cause once you kind of deconstruct it it makes a lot of sense: Basic task+inability to do it=ridiculous... "if it were "me" doing a similar thing it would be blatantly unacceptable and therefore I'm pointing out an obvious inconsistency bordering on hypocrisy" but most people only picked up on the fact he was fired up and using words. he sort of explained himself to me when we discussed it in the aftermath and it made way more sense (he didn't explain it like this, but he did enough for me to grasp it)... in real time it felt kind of counter productive because you want to get your point across in a way that is expedient and this was like the opposite of that--but it was a good point

I actually really liked that guy and I'm sad he got fired because of what I believe was a false sexual harassment claim (SLE problems)... I did everything I could to defend him but there was nothing anyone could do once the organization decided he was a liability, regardless of whatever the truth of the matter was

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing personal but this train of questions getting me to specify and explicate is triggering my PTSD from the Ti polr thread. I'll come back to this later..... LOL.
    Oh my God

@Bertrand great example, thanks It's interesting because I don't see how anyone could not see the point he was making. Perspective, of course.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Did you watch the video of the SEE that I posted in the Examples of Gamma? You should consider doing that
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Bertrand lol I would consider that to be a bit of a distant analogy tbh. but he seems like a pleasant enough person based on your description of him.

i find that when i make analogies they're either super meta like the one i mentioned to @LuckyOne in an earlier post (but sometimes they're kind of 'copy and pasted' from pre-existing ideas i've heard before elsewhere), or they're really really sensoric and shock-value-y. like the other day i was talking to some people about the subtypes systems, and i made some analogy like "it's like everyone's seated at the table at a family dinner and someone comes along and takes a shit on the table" or something like that. was to express my view of how much of a f*ckup i thought the extant subtype systems were.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Bertrand lol I would consider that to be a bit of a distant analogy tbh. but he seems like a pleasant enough person based on your description of him.

i find that when i make analogies they're either super meta like the one i mentioned to @LuckyOne in an earlier post (but sometimes they're kind of 'copy and pasted' from pre-existing ideas i've heard before elsewhere), or they're really really sensoric and shock-value-y. like the other day i was talking to some people about the subtypes systems, and i made some analogy like "it's like everyone's seated at the table at a family dinner and someone comes along and takes a shit on the table" or something like that. was to express my view of how much of a f*ckup i thought the extant subtype systems were.
    I agree with that analogy but its like he had no choice because everyone was begging for something to happen and it was all he could think of and he really had to go