Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: USA politics following Trump's election

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by My Chemical Bromance View Post
    I'm surprised he believes HC is behind the murder of Epstein... That gives her props.
    Well, he's a conspiracy nut to begin with. He talks about Hillary like she's some mastermind trying to claw her way back into power. He even thought that Covid-19 was created by the Democrats and the CIA to destroy Trump's reelection chances, a belief he instantly dropped once he learned that Trump's approval rating actually went up because of the crisis.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Well, he's a conspiracy nut to begin with. He talks about Hillary like she's some mastermind trying to claw her way back into power. He even thought that Covid-19 was created by the Democrats and the CIA to destroy Trump's reelection chances, a belief he instantly dropped once he learned that Trump's approval rating actually went up because of the crisis.
    These guys are not operating on or influenced by logic.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, giving Dems props by assuming competence.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    These guys are not operating on or influenced by logic.
    He's operating on alcoholism and clinical depression. At one point, I recall him being centre-left, even sympathetic to helping out refugees.

Now, he's dug himself into a pit where he spends his whole life surfing Fox news and lurching from one right-wing YouTube video to another. There are anecdotal reports about alt-right figures attracting massive online followings of lonely, depressed people -- I can say that I've witnessed this firsthand.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He's operating on alcoholism and clinical depression. At one point, I recall him being centre-left, even sympathetic to helping out refugees.

Now, he's dug himself into a pit where he spends his whole life surfing Fox news and lurching from one right-wing YouTube video to another. There are anecdotal reports about alt-right figures attracting massive online followings of lonely, depressed people -- I can say that I've witnessed this firsthand.
    Any theories about this?

I think that Ni-doms can be susceptible to conspiracy theories, or maybe it's people with low Te, IDK. I'm guessing.

I also think that Authoritarianism increases when people feel threatened. Bush & Company rode that horse as far as they could. Make people feel afraid, and they will follow the leader longer and farther.

Maybe he needs someone to tell him what is what at this point in his life when his own decisions are not working out for him, and he's mistaken assertive certainty for truth and accuracy?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any theories about this?

I think that Ni-doms can be susceptible to conspiracy theories, or maybe it's people with low Te, IDK. I'm guessing.

I also think that Authoritarianism increases when people feel threatened. Bush & Company rode that horse as far as they could. Make people feel afraid, and they will follow the leader longer and farther.

Maybe he needs someone to tell him what is what at this point in his life when his own decisions are not working out for him, and he's mistaken assertive certainty for truth and accuracy?
    He's Ti-dom. for sure. I worked with him for five years and, though he was always into conspiracies, it was minor, anti-government stuff like the conspiracy theory surrounding the Sandy Hook massacre — i.e. that it was faked. While he was always a bit xenophobic and had an in-group bias, it was never this visceral hatred of Muslims and refugees. If I recall correctly, his life spiralled out of control once his wife left him. My hypothesis is that she was his only source of Fe.
    Last edited by xerx; 04-20-2020 at 04:58 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@xerxe, I mean, Hillary Clinton is as good a guess as anyone.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I think Trump had it done. As soon as a picture appeared of Trump and Epstein together with young girls, Epstein's fate was sealed.

Lol.

Actually, if Trump tried to kill Epstein, I'm pretty sure that the job would be botched in 100 different ways.

Epstein probably killed himself. Men who molest kids do not do well in most prisons. He took the easy way out, I'd guess.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-20-2020 at 02:10 AM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the spirit of scientific objectivity, to be as clinically scientific about it as possible, I will grant that we don't know for sure who killed Epstein.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He's Ti-dom. for sure. I worked with him for five years and, though he was always into conspiracies, it was minor anti-government stuff like the conspiracy theory surrounding the Sandy Hook massacre -- i.e. that it was faked. While he was always a bit xenophobic and had an in-group bias, it was never this visceral hatred of Muslims and refugees. If I recall correctly, his life spiralled out of control once his wife left him. My hypothesis is that she was his only source of Fe.
    Sad case.

It makes me wonder how many long-suffering wives are preventing the next mass shooting massacre, just by not leaving. They deserve medals.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Trump had it done. As soon as a picture appeared of Trump and Epstein together with young girls, Epstein's fate was sealed.

Lol.
    The FBI leans Republican IIRC, while the CIA leans Democrat. But Trump was a Democrat until recently, so which could he trust to commit the assassination secretly?

There are many layers of this snow-fort.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The FBI leans Republican IIRC, while the CIA leans Democrat. But Trump was a Democrat until recently, so which could he trust to commit the assassination secretly?

There are many layers of this snow-fort.
    Based on Trump's history, he'd put Jared Kushner in charge of the operation. That's why Epstein almost certainly died by his own hand. If he hadn't killed himself, he'd have outlived us all.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Idk, he really seems like quite a loose tempered douche based on what I've seen.

In any case, I actually quite amused we've gotten stuck with these laughably piss poor leaders. The US and it's global hegemony could stand to be taken down a notch.
    Oh, I agree. The choices are not ideal at all. I don't like Biden. But I'm looking at it in this um "relative" way. He's better than Trump. It sucks that we have to go here, to the "lesser evil." It really, really sucks. It sucks that we have to settle. I hate it. I don't understand why so many ppl support Biden over some of the other Democratic candidates. It makes me sad.

Actually, honestly, I feel it's a generational thing. I don't know why older ppl vote more and have more influence. I feel like their crystallized brains can't comprehend anything new. It's really annoying. We are "democrats" or "progressives," yet there is still this status quo preference. Biden is safe for older ppl. Why? It's so irritating because surely ppl can understand that they are not everyone. I feel like if I was older I would make considerations for ppl younger than me, understanding that what I vote for affects their futures while I'll be dead soon. But I guess that's not how it works, and it sucks, and I hate it.

Not to mention, it's all so "white." The future of the US isn't going to be that white. But somehow, idiots don't care about this? Why would you not care about the future of our nation? Why would you not care about those who will be its future? It just makes me so angry.

It's mainly that I genuinely love humanity. I love the human race. I want us to succeed. Racism is one of the many things, other than environmental destruction, that is killing us.

Though, I don't want to imply that humanity is doing exceptionally well, having dominated the entire globe and having a population that is utterly out of control. The world is in trouble because of us. This is terrible.
    Last edited by marooned; 04-24-2020 at 09:15 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Trump has done absolutely nothing to mitigate the effects of COVID-19. His daily briefings are feeding his narcissism, not helping anyone. And yesterday, he suggested that victims of the virus either inject bleach or stick a flashlight up their ass.

Is he evil? Or just stupid? And does the answer to that question really matter at this point?

This could be Biden's campaign ad: https://giphy.com/gifs/movie-sci-fi-...-wahznsJcuMe2I

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump has done absolutely nothing to mitigate the effects of COVID-19. His daily briefings are feeding his narcissism, not helping anyone. And yesterday, he suggested that victims of the virus either inject bleach or stick a flashlight up their ass.

Is he evil? Or just stupid? And does the answer to that question really matter at this point?

This could be Biden's campaign ad: https://giphy.com/gifs/movie-sci-fi-...-wahznsJcuMe2I
    I think he's a moron. Stupid AF.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arnie is your supervisor.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Arnie is your supervisor.
    Arnie is my Identical. He's even Te-subtype.

Check the jawline.

https://i.imgur.com/XsCu52c.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/y2i3xXh.jpg
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-24-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point, I think he is stupid... However, this is not to deny he has an agenda... He has the American conservative agenda that he respects and responds to (unfortunately). It really fucking sucks. (He only has this agenda for dumb ideas of his own "survival".) He's hurting all of us. He's hurting the world. And, honestly, I don't even hate him. I just think he isn't qualified for his position and if he were a reasonable person he'd resign for that very reason. Unfortunately he isn't a reasonable person. He's (as you mentioned) a narcissist. I don't hate people for having that disorder. I just want him gone because he's hurting so many people. It's so stupid in the sense that I had a narcissistic father, that it makes me a bit more sympathetic. I know it's hard when someone has that disorder, I know they struggle. But in Trump's case, he is the president of the US, and that means he has a certain responsibility. He's not measuring up to that responsibility. He's hurting all of us. It needs to stop. He NEEDS TO BE FIRED. If he had enough compassion for people he'd fire himself. Sadly, as this rich asshole, he doesn't have enough compassion. I don't hate him, but I wish he could understand. I wish he could see his lack of empathy and compassion and how it's hurting people, and I wish he could see what that's doing to people. He's really too stupid to understand, IMO.

Even more than him, I'm mad at the ppl who voted for him. WHY? WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!! Please, you're hurting all of us... PLS, PLS, PLS!!!!!
    Last edited by marooned; 04-24-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arnie is my Identical.
    I have to apologize because I was inaccurate. Arnie is neither your supervisor nor your identical. But you are not far from him.

Still it is a jolly good slogan: Come with me if you want to live.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    I have to apologize because I was inaccurate. Arnie is neither your supervisor nor your identical. But you are not far from him.

Still it is a jolly good slogan: Come with me if you want to live.
    Lol. This is such a T2 reference, I can't help myself.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    Lol. This is such a T2 reference, I can't help myself.
    What is T2 reference?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Come with me if you want to live." is a line in Terminator 2

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh, I agree. The choices are not ideal at all. I don't like Biden. But I'm looking at it in this um "relative" way. He's better than Trump. It sucks that we have to go here, to the "lesser evil."
    Actually I think it would be wiser to vote for Trump. Not because his policies are pragmatically better then Biden, but because Trump is generating huge amounts of discontent in his opponents and is imbuing them with fervor that is necessary for real political change. The more repressed his opposition the more likely we will eventually see a radical swing leftward. Biden by contrast would just be a discreet and colorless prolonger of neoliberalism. I say hop aboard Accelerationist gang 2020.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I think it would be wiser to vote for Trump. Not because his policies are pragmatically better then Biden, but because Trump is generating huge amounts of discontent in his opponents and is imbuing them with fervor that is necessary for real political change. The more repressed his opposition the more likely we will eventually see a radical swing leftward. Biden by contrast would just be a discreet and colorless prolonger of neoliberalism. I say hop aboard Accelerationist gang 2020.
    Before the radical swing happens though, serious damage can be done.

Who knows how any D would've realistically handled the COVID crisis, but isn't the non-Republican/Trumpian party line that Trump's actions/inactions have resulted in could've-been-avoided tragedy? Is it not true the pandemic couldn't have been/be easier?

Of course, what's done is done+COVID appears to be subsiding and another major health pandemic would be surprising, but there are many things a President can do that can have serious negative consequences. For instance, R is against social welfare. I'm not saying Trump can/will entirely abolish XYZ social welfare programs, but reducing the total $ Tom, Dick, or Harry gets could be disastrous for Tom, Dick, Harry.

If you can survive just fine without government assistance of any kind until the swing-back occurs, sure, your logic for why Trump>Biden makes sense. Your scenario of lull caused by Biden is convincing, but I'd rather at least keep my way of life than have it be even worse (less total $, due to decreased gov assistance and/or higher costs for whatever).

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are living in too much climate change and a pandemic. Another 4 years of a science denying dipshit would be critically negative to both

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    We are living in too much climate change and a pandemic. Another 4 years of a science denying dipshit would be critically negative to both
    I can't like posts or mark as constructive, but I agree. I think this populist swing rightward needs to stop. Populism is rising because the rich people and corporations are hoarding too much wealth, resources & power, but giving in to extremist right wing con artists isn't the solution. They are a big part of the problem masquerading as the solution, simply exploiting the desperation of people. Anyway, the current US administration is killing people--the covid deaths didn't have to be as high as they are but the current admin is a combination of uncaring ("it's someone else's problem"), incompetent (failing to manage the crisis and defensive or evasive when confronted), self-interested ($ > people), and doesn't heed warnings but instead lives in a fantasy world ("like a miracle it will go away"). And the science denial is killing people. I hope the pandemic is exposing the whole lot of these Republican scumbags for what they are: selfish, greedy narrow-minded people who care only about their power and pocketbooks--people who take take take and drain everyone dry, giving nothing back, the black holes or parasites of the human world. I am not saying there are not people like this among the Democrats--but there is a growing progressive wing in the Democratic party who understands it's not simply about ethics but also logic. The way the world is living now isn't working, and it is failing humanity and all life on earth. The rich and the corporations need to be forced to stop this if they will not do so willingly. The center left needs to realize it failed as well, but the devastation from the current administration far eclipses that matter right now.

I don't really believe that Trump being in office another grueling four years will somehow make people change things... I think that the more the rich/corporate powers persist in taking from everyone else, the more desperate the masses will become and the more angry. This will be the case whether Trump is in office or not. And while he is in office he is putting more people like him in power and corrupting the system even worse than it was already corrupted. He needs to be removed like a tumor does.

Also, I seem to be rather endlessly lost ideologically, but I might be coming out of it. Part of it is how much of the story from rich conservatives did I buy out of fears of my own inadequacy? (A deep fear inside of "what if they are right?") I was remembering the book Atlas Shrugged in which these rich tycoons are painted as the saviors of the world and the greedy useless masses just try to steal their inventions and take everything they have for themselves, which they would of course squander away to nothing if given the chance, which is why they must be denied even the most basic things they need to survive (you give them a piece of bread and they raid your whole supply). I never liked Ayn Rand's ideas (don't get me wrong) but I had considered the possibility of these "true creators" of society (as though the people who invent things that make lives easier or safer for people is the same thing as a justification for some of those people ending up with everything while everyone else has nothing). But Trump came into office with this kind of attitude (I can see it in his entire family) and what does he (or any of them) really do? Nothing. They just take. That's all they know how to do. Yet these true takers flip the truth around saying it's these desperate losers of society (most people, iow) who are the takers. Since they have the most power they control the story and imprint it into our culture. The true Atlases of the world are the masses, the people who work all the time doing all the necessary tasks to hold these leeches up (doing virtually everything for them), and when the masses start to get wise, the leeches impose a zero-sum game and make us fight each other. They project what they are doing on everyone else and say we're doing it and that it's our fault. The pandemic has also shown a lot of the depth of their not caring. It's not simply that some of them "have a different perspective" but that they genuinely hate people. They would let most of us die.

It's not that I didn't know these things. It's just that I feel they've had their claws in me my entire life. I didn't see it that way before because "they" were too far away. The only one was me. Just me and my decisions. I didn't really view myself as part of a larger organism because I lived in my own world.
    Last edited by marooned; 04-30-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arnie is my Identical. He's even Te-subtype.

Check the jawline.

https://i.imgur.com/XsCu52c.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/y2i3xXh.jpg
    Are you sure, Adam; isn't he a little too physical to be NT? (not saying that us NT's all have to be weedy nerds, but the guy works out like 2 hours at the gym every day).

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Are you sure, Adam; isn't he a little too physical to be NT? (not saying that us NT's all have to be weedy nerds, but the guy works out like 2 hours at the gym every day).
    I used to run track in HS and ran almost every day until my knees gave out. I also would go to the gym every day in the morning, and yes, it took about 1.75 hours to go through the workout.

I attribute his workouts to two things. One, he has enhanced Te and therefore enhanced Se and you are seeing his Se-HA. Take a look at a video somewhere where he talks about working each muscle just enough to win the contest. That's Te efficiency. Two, along with strong Te enhancing his Se, it also weakens his Ni. So he has arrived at a place in life where he doesn't know what to do next, and has returned to that thing (weightlifting) that brought him satisfaction at one time. I've been at that point myself. I might be there now.

Honestly, if making my body into a sculpted machine was what would bring me success, I'd be spending hours in the gym, too.
    I was actually talking to my doctor yesterday and I told her that I'm fairly sensitive to shifts in my mental state caused by drugs, but I'm not sensitive at all to physical pain. My body feels like a vehicle to get me somewhere, and it either does that or it doesn't. I went on to tell her that I once stepped on a large nail that came out the top of my foot, and just stared at it and thought, "Hmm, that's inconvenient."

Really, Schwarzenegger's treatment of his body in "The Terminator" is EXACTLY the way I look at my own body. I once accidentally sliced open the skin on the back of my thumb and looked inside and thought "Looks like chicken bones." I got my finger too close to some twin counter-rotating shafts and they pulled it in, but I pulled it back out. The skin on the sides of the finger just slipped off, like a condom. I'm pretty sure that's an evolutionary adaptation to being bitten. It hurt like hell but, eh, I still have the finger. Man, that accident filled up so many paper towels with blood. Rise above the pain, push the skin back up around the finger, wrap paper towels around it, press hard, and when the towels fill with blood, renew the towels. Ignore the feeling in your stomach, but pay attention to feeling faint. Lie down, feet above your head, so you don't pass out from shock.

Schwarzenneger isn't a great actor; he was just playing himself, minus smiles.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-05-2020 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to run track in HS and ran almost every day until my knees gave out. I also would go to the gym every day in the morning, and yes, it took about 1.75 hours.

I attribute his workouts to two things. One, he has enhanced Te and therefore enhanced Se and you are seeing his Se-HA. Take a look at a video somewhere where he talks about working each muscle just enough to win the contest. That's Te efficiency. Two, along with strong Te enhancing his Se, it also weakens his Ni. So he has arrived at a place in life where he doesn't know what to do next, and has returned to that thing (weightlifting) that brought him satisfaction at one time. I've been at that point myself. I might be there now.

Honestly, if making my body into a sculpted machine was what would bring me success, I'd be spending hours in the gym, too.
    I was actually talking to my doctor yesterday and I told her that I'm fairly sensitive to shifts in my mental state caused by drugs, but I'm not sensitive at all to physical pain. My body feels like a vehicle to get me somewhere, and it either does that or it doesn't. I went on to tell her that I once stepped on a large nail that came out the top of my foot, and just stared at it and thought, "Hmm, that's inconvenient."

Really, Schwarzenegger's treatment of his body in "The Terminator" is EXACTLY the way I look at my own body. I once accidentally sliced open the skin on the back of my thumb and looked inside and thought "Looks like chicken bones." I got my finger too close to some twin counter-rotating shafts and they pulled it in, but I pulled it back out. The skin on the sides of the finger just slipped off, like a condom. I'm pretty sure that's an evolutionary adaptation to being bitten. It hurt like hell but, eh, I still have the finger. Man, that accident filled up so many paper towels with blood. Push the skin back up around the finger, wrap paper towels around it, press hard, and when the towels fill with blood, renew the towels. Lie down, feet above your head, so you don't pass out from shock.

I like Si too much and couldn't finish reading your fourth paragraph.

Anyhow, Schwarzenegger is often typed as Delta ST by socionists. I don't know if that's right, but it would certainly give him very enhanced Te and Se.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, my impression is that the character he plays in the movie "True Lies" is LIE.

And what should I write about my conflictor, the narcissistic "fact bender prevaricator" D. Trump?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like Si too much and couldn't finish reading your fourth paragraph.

Anyhow, Schwarzenegger is often typed as Delta ST by socionists. I don't know if that's right, but it would certainly give him very enhanced Te and Se.
    I thought he was LSE for a long time, too, but I changed my mind. I can't remember why, unless it had something to do with his performance as Governor of California. He seems more democratic than aristocratic, although that could be borderline. I just think he's more LIE-Te than LSE-Te. I remember someone saying that they met him on a movie set and during their conversation, he told them to "Show us your leadership abilities," probably to get some iced tea or something. That sounds way more LIE than LSE to me.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Yeah, my impression is that the character he plays in the movie "True Lies" is LIE.

And what should I write about my conflictor, the narcissistic "fact bender" D. Trump?
    Consider that Trump is not primarily SEE, but is rather primarily Narcissist. Most SEE's are not like him at all.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consider that Trump is not primarily SEE, but is rather primarily Narcissist. Most SEE's are not like him at all.
    Yeah, I know SEE who are not like him. But good to know that some disorders can be such a dominant part of the personality.
    To my impression he also have ADD and onset dementia.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then what’s the point of typology? シ

You don’t have to like everyone of a type, but as far as presentation goes, Trump is a fairly typical SEE IMO. He’s got great showmanship abilities, he’s charismatic, there’s questionable handling of money. And I don’t mean to insult SEEs or anything like that, but as far as narcissism goes, SEEs do tend to like the spotlight and to boss people around.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

dementia joe the creepy molester showed his Si-creative colors in spades this past month by the amount of time it took him to respond to that woman he fondled in creepy dementia joe fashion some years back...

yeah i don't respond ot a lot of hsit on here directed at me because i can't prioritize this shit...i got a life, i make money...i want to make that billion. i can't waste time sittin' around here respondin to shit that don't put no power glory fame in my pocket. it aint' my job neither, i'm king of typology, rooks and bishops need to be steppin up and showin' an ambition to move up in the world of American Socionics. plus it ain't no challenge...i dominated this whole forum on a thread, me against like all the anti-jungians, but none of them alone could take on the entire board...because they're weak. i can do that, its no challenge to me...i'm one man army. i crushed absurd, i destroyed misterni, i crushed the antijungians, the paranoiac from the black panther thread who goes runnin to the mods, i burieed world socionics society...its no challenge, its too easy

but creepy molester dementia job veggin' the fuck out on his Si-creative....

he's VEGGIN THE FCUK out on Si-creative.

Media is the one pressin the attack for him....attack i laid out on the dummy trump thread before any muthafckr knew what time of day it was.
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 05-07-2020 at 03:16 PM.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post

yeah i don't respond ot a lot of hsit on here directed at me because i can't prioritize this shit...i got a life, i make money...i want to make that billion. i can't waste time sittin' around here respondin to shit that don't put no power glory fame in my pocket.
    Join Date Nov 2011
    TIMSLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Posts 2,449

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    Join Date Nov 2011
    TIMSLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Posts 2,449

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm just going to lay this out here. There is no real divide between quadras in this instance. There is only a divide between those who live in the "clouds" (i.e. those who reside within the coastal regions of the U.S./the "core" regions of the EU) and those of us like me who reside within the "dirt" (i.e. everyone else/the likes of me). Why did Trump get elected? Simple. Us "dirt" folk wanted to show you "cloud" fuckers just how much we aren't going down without a fight. That we still had some "fight" left as it were. We made a bet. You could, could, have rigged that election, but y'all knew that there would be no hiding that fact if ya did and were painfully aware of what'd happen if ya pulled that shit.

This is now an experiment on my end. Respond and give unto me some data ! I am wondering just how far you'll go in order to try and "reclaim" your former positions of power?
    Last edited by End; 05-08-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I'm just going to lay this out here. There is no real divide between quadras in this instance. There is only a divide between those who live in the "clouds" (i.e. those who reside within the coastal regions of the U.S./the "core" regions of the EU) and those of us like me who reside within the "dirt" (i.e. everyone else/the likes of me). Why did Trump get elected? Simple. Us "dirt" folk wanted to show you "cloud" fuckers just how much we aren't going down without a fight. That we still had some "fight" left as it were. We made a bet. You could, could, have rigged that election, but y'all knew that there would be no hiding that fact if ya did and were painfully aware of what'd happen if ya pulled that shit.

This is now an experiment on my end. Respond and give unto me some data ! I am wondering just how far you'll go in order to try and "reclaim" your former positions of power?
    That's um great... You wanted to show people you won't go out without a fight by electing someone who only cares about himself and other super wealthy people. The "dirt people" are busy working right now in essential jobs and it is killing them. And our illustrious idiot in chief is just fine with that. He doesn't care about you. You are worthless to him. If you are a "dirt fucker" you are especially worthless to him. It's your job to toil away for people like him and die doing it while getting paid nothing. That's how it is for the "dirt fuckers" and it doesn't matter which state in the country. It's sick and wrong. I can't stand these people in power. Trump ran on some fake populist campaign, newsflash, he was lying. At least half of what comes out of his mouth is a lie because he's a pathological liar.

And yes I think the neoliberals have failed us too.

ETA: That said there is a disparity with COVID (and everything) between rural and urban areas. These differences affect how people vote (before COVID and after). When there is a higher population density in an area people start looking for policies that will take care of as many of those people as possible (it's a different kind of social management). So I agree the urban/rural divide is intense and that increasingly we are becoming two Americas. Trump's admin doesn't speak to "my people" (it's like we don't exist) and I think a lot of people in rural areas don't think Democrats speak to them (see H. Clinton's awful put down about the "basket of deplorables" which is basically, no matter how she intended it, a broad class put down to the working class in less urban or population dense areas, though I took it as a put down to the entire working class personally because it's coming from someone sitting on her high horse talking down to people a lot poorer than her while she sucks up to the banks).

My problem is that both sides are classist in their own way, though Democrats are more sensitive to class issues in more population dense areas because they need the vote from those people. The only politicians I see who seem to care about the working class are progressives, however they are far left and their sensitivity to people in rural areas is probably lacking (so they are in danger of repeating the same problem). And I really hope the same problem doesn't repeat because America needs a united working class IMO. It badly needs representation for the bottom earners, and to do that it has to be understood that the bottom earners are an extremely diverse group from all over the country. Some are deeply affected by racism. Some come from rural areas. The reasons why they are in the bottom earner group vary wildly. But I do see one "working class" in the sense that the working class is preyed upon in unique ways in each area, but preyed upon they are. And that is part of the same phenomenon, a nation that is okay with people being this poor, that is okay with people dying early, a nation that doesn't care enough. (Although some people in the working class also are not actually bottom earners, but a lot of what they come from and how they feel is very similar - for instance people without college degrees working in blue collar jobs and how they might feel about being lorded over by the professional class, and still their work history may cause them severe health issues in life that people sitting pretty in professional jobs don't suffer so it is still very much a class issue. Also from my experience in university, I think universities may have a class issue and seem culturally inaccessible to a lot of people from the working class. I'm being generous but I really think they absolutely DO have a class issue, I just doubt I know enough having not been to them all. But anyway some people in blue collar jobs may never have believed that was a direction they could have taken in the first place for reasons tied up in class issues, or they went and dropped out.)

ETA2: I also want to add on that I know that COVID is killing more people in highly population dense areas, especially the lower classes and people of color, and I don't want to imply that someone living in middle America in a town with a population of 5000 working at McDonalds is more in danger right now, because at least right now they may not be, meat packing plants aside. I don't want to downplay the economic hardship things like stay-at-home orders have been causing either. It's a juggling act between protecting lives on two fronts: the virus can kill you and so can job loss or lack of access to things you need to save yourself. It's a game with time until we have a vaccine basically. This is why it requires responsible and thoughtful leadership...
    Last edited by marooned; 05-08-2020 at 05:30 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That's um great... You wanted to show people you won't go out without a fight by electing someone who only cares about himself and other super wealthy people. The "dirt people" are busy working right now and it is killing them. And our illustrious idiot in chief is just fine with that. He doesn't care about you. You are worthless to him. If you are a "dirt fucker" you are especially worthless to him. It's your job to toil away for people like him and die doing it while getting paid nothing. That's how it is for the "dirt fuckers" and it doesn't matter which state in the country. It's sick and wrong. I can't stand these people in power. Trump ran on some fake populist campaign, newsflash, he was lying. At least half of what comes out of his mouth is a lie because he's a pathological liar.

And yes I think the neoliberals have failed us too.

ETA: That said there is a disparity with COVID (and everything) between rural and urban areas. These differences affect how people vote (before COVID and after). When there is a higher population density in an area people start looking for policies that will take care of as many of those people as possible (it's a different kind of social management). So I agree the urban/rural divide is intense and that increasingly we are becoming two Americas. Trump's admin doesn't speak to "my people" (it's like we don't exist) and I think a lot of people in rural areas don't think Democrats speak to them (see H. Clinton's awful put down about the "basket of deplorables" which is basically, no matter how she intended it, a broad class put down to the working class in less urban or population dense areas, though I took it as a put down to the entire working class personally because it's coming from someone sitting on her high horse talking down to people a lot poorer than her while she sucks up to the banks).

My problem is that both sides are classist in their own way, though Democrats are more sensitive to class issues in more population dense areas because they need the vote from those people. The only politicians I see who seem to care about the working class are progressives, however they are far left and their sensitivity to people in rural areas is probably lacking (so they are in danger of repeating the same problem).
    All good points, @inumbra.

I've been thinking for a long time about how our government could be made to better represent everyone's interests, and not just those interests of some special groups.

I don't think the answer to the problem of achieving full representation rests in trying to bring two politically disparate groups together. Research has shown that Conservatives and Liberals place different emphasis on different moral values. Personally, I think that this is a genetic difference, not a learned one, since it seems to originate in a person's fear response level. People who instinctively fear out-groups are going to self-sort into areas where the population density is low, and people who don't care where you came from are not going to have bad reactions to high density levels of strangers in cities and hence can make use of the greater opportunities available there. This is not to say that one response is better than the other. Disease spreads faster in cities, and strangers sometimes really are dangerous. But these differences are not something that I think are going to change anytime soon.

A better way of correcting the poor job that both parties are doing of representing the interests of average people would be to reduce the level of wealth and income inequality, since money = political power. Both parties seek money from groups that have it, since elections are presently expensive, and both parties try to appeal (by deed or by lies, whatever) to the largest number of voters, regardless of whom they actually represent.

If you make it impossible or unnecessary for a political party to gain wealth predominantly from any small group (and right now, Republicans serve the mineral extractive industries like mining and oil, while the Democrats serve the financially extractive industries like finance and high tech), then they would both be forced to appeal to the vast majority of US citizens whose needs are being completely ignored.

You could either change the laws to prevent parties from getting money from a few big donors, or you could change the law to reduce the wealth of the big donors. Either one would work.

My personal preference would be to do both, because I like living in more equal societies, and because I think that the campaign contribution law could operate as a backup for the more equal society.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast