Judeau ILI-Te
    Rickert SEE-Se
    Queen SLI-Te
    Princess SEE-Fi
    Gen. Boscogne LSE-Te
    Zodd SLE-Se
    Minister ESE-Fe

Incredible anime (and manga).
    Last edited by xkj220; 11-30-2009 at 07:34 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if I agree with most of those.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw in some thread that you had classified the anime as Beta... I'd would curious to know why beta and not Gamma.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    I saw in some thread that you had classified the anime as Beta... I'd would curious to know why beta and not Gamma.
    Themes about fate and free will and whatnot. Focus is on character's Drama fits... Griffith for example. A lot more "colorful" than something I'd expect out of a Serious quadra (Mushishi is my standard here, but Tortov Roddle and Clannad are also good picks, imo; Speed Grapher might be something to look at though).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am going to change the typings of Caska (former ESI, now IEE) and Guts (former SxE, now ESI). Griffith stays as LIE. Corkus is also LSI instead of IEI, probably.

Themes about fate and free will and whatnot. Focus is on character's Drama fits... Griffith for example. A lot more "colorful" than something I'd expect out of a Serious quadra (Mushishi is my standard here, but Tortov Roddle and Clannad are also good picks, imo; Speed Grapher might be something to look at though).
    The question was for Logos, but thanks for answering anyway.

So basically; the show is "too emotional" to be serious quadra, correct?
    Last edited by xkj220; 09-11-2009 at 09:04 AM.

Creepy-male

Hmm, almost, but not quite. I think Serious anime can deliver their own emotional punches, but they'll do it in a less SO I'M UNLEASHING THE APOCALYPSE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I'VE BEEN TORTURED >: way. If you want emotional Gamma, check Pokemon or Naruto. I mean, c'mon, Charizard, or Dramazard?

My opinion on my opinions: still need forming. Drama flavor is looking like it's not really a valid Quadra litmus test. I'll think about this a bit more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, the thing is that I'm not sure if to categorize berserk as "emotional" per se. Intense... maybe.

Well, you guys are welcome to provide alternate typings for any of the characters.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    Well, you guys are welcome to provide alternate typings for any of the characters.
    Griffith SEI
    Guts ILE
    Caska LSI
    Corkus IEE
    Pippin IEI
    Judeau ESE
    Rickert LII
    Queen EIE
    Princess SLE
    Gen. Boscogne IEI
    Zodd EII
    Minister LIE
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Griffith SEI
    Clearly Ni valuing, clearly EJ temperament. What he is doing is creative Ni, and HA Se, so this typing makes no sense whatsoever. If he is not LIE, then he would have to be a EIE. Perhaps I could see some sense on this if Griffith was an ILI, because super-egos sometimes seem similar.

Caska LSI
    No, she seems more of a SLI, but that doesn't seem to be her real persona. She has toughened herself up over the course of her life, but she is delta NF, and probably IEE, with decent Se role function.

Guts ILE
    Possible, although he seems too physical to me to be Ne > Se. Also seems Ni valuing (goes on a quest to find himself, etc). Very loyal unless crossed, in what appears to be a base Fi manner. Another character that has toughened himself up over the curse of the years.

Corkus IEE
    No way. Typical LSI. He has a paranoid, contrary attitude typical of the negative manifestation of the type.

Pippin IEI
    This typing makes no sense to me at all. Seriously.

Judeau ESE
    I hesitated between ILE, and ILI, but settled on ILI. Not rational, not extroverted, Se valuing most likely.

Rickert LII
    No. SEE or EIE. Typical slightly hyperactive, big hearted kid. Clearly extroverted.

Queen EIE
    No. Aristocratic? Sure, but delta. SLI or LSE imo.

Princess SLE
    ???.... huh? Total EII.Typical dreamy girl.

Gen. Boscogne IEI
    Same as Pippin? Sure. But not IEI, man.

Zodd EII
    Wow, the most Se valuing EII I have ever seen. Clear "I live for battle" attitude SLE. It's interesting because he acts in contrast to Guts, and the difference becomes apparent (It's the main reason I think Guts is Fi valuing).

Minister LIE
    ESE. Si-Ne valuing, Fe-Ti valuing. Manipulative schemer with a total lack of forethought (Base Fe, Ni PoLR). I have a hard time imagining a LIE in this role.
    Last edited by xkj220; 09-12-2009 at 12:01 PM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol sorry. I was drunk and just posted all the conflictors of what you thought.

Haven't seen the series but from what my brother's told me, it sounds like what Gul's said.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha-ha.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had an ah-hah moment.
    Code:
    Griffith	- LIE
    Guts		- SLE
    Caska      	- ESI

Not that sure about these, but I wanted to post them if anyone cares and is familiar with the manga.

manga
    Code:
    Shierke  	- IEI
    Farnese   	- ESE
    Serpico    	- SLI
    Isidoro     	- SEE
    Puck          - IEE
    Last edited by DividedsGhost; 12-08-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Had an ah-hah moment.
    Code:
    Griffith	- LIE
    Guts		- SLE
    Caska      	- ESI
    I agree

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Berserk is pretty fucking fantastic. Almost through the manga and watched the anime awhile back. Guts is SLE, Casca is probably ESI, Griffith LIE, Puck is IEE, Isidro probably SxE, Schierke IEI, Serpico SLI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the fuck is all of this. Guts is extroverted, no chance he's an ESI. I always thought he's a SLE, mainly because he has strong Se and is prone to losing control (Fi Polr). And what's with Judeau being an ILI? Where that Fe Polr at? Clear cinnamon roll, too good, too pure, but not an ILI. LIE seems more plausible. As for Griffith... I'm not sure. I would say he's Fe dominant but his lack of empathy contradicts it. However he is a skilled manipulator, and is able to read people's emotions very easily (minister Foss). He also seems like a clear Beta. I would really say he's an IEI but his Te is far stronger than that of an IEI, he's very strategic and scarily ambitious. EIE perhaps? Charisma, leadership skills... Seems right, despite the said lack of empathy, which I would say is a learned trait. His life as Femto does not count. Whoever types Charlotte as an extrovert/Se dominant... You need help.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guts: ESI-Se

TIM
    3w4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Griffith: EIE
    Guts: SLI
    This makes a lot more sense.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Griffith is EIE.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only manga with a dedicated soundtrack... THE manga... that one story about being human.

Yeah, Gatsu is SLI 8w9 sp/sx imo..

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Griffith EIE about as obvious EIE supervillain as you get
    Casca LSI ?? Seems to have unrequited duality with Griffith, so maybe a supervisory or beneficiary relationship?
    Guts SLI or LSI. SLI because he seems to reject most beta values but LSI because he doesn't care about his body/only cares about not having weakness.

I am watching this right now. The show is extremely beta-themed. I am constantly amazed by how just absolutely bad a lot of the plot and music are and how I am drawn to it anyway. The art style of the 1997 anime is leagues above the later stuff and it's disappointing they didn't keep it.

The end of the 1997 anime and the 2017 season so far are just surreal.. I can't get over how creeped out I am by it

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guts - Delta ST
    Griffith - EII. EIE is not something I considered but I can see how it makes sense in how he operates.
    Judeau - IEE

Hard for me to say with the rest.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard EIE griffith, and LSI guts. I forget who though, and don't really care to check. Never seen the show.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Griffith EIE about as obvious EIE supervillain as you get
    Casca LSI ?? Seems to have unrequited duality with Griffith, so maybe a supervisory or beneficiary relationship?
    Guts SLI or LSI. SLI because he seems to reject most beta values but LSI because he doesn't care about his body/only cares about not having weakness.

I am watching this right now. The show is extremely beta-themed. I am constantly amazed by how just absolutely bad a lot of the plot and music are and how I am drawn to it anyway. The art style of the 1997 anime is leagues above the later stuff and it's disappointing they didn't keep it.

The end of the 1997 anime and the 2017 season so far are just surreal.. I can't get over how creeped out I am by it
    IMO after recent understanding of socionics Griffith is EIE-D So/Sx 3w4 and Guts LSI-C sp/sx 8w9. Guts ignores a lot of Si in order to do what he does, his entire thing is surviving and suffering to overcome the odds. Even his Berserk armor works in a way that causes him pain and damage in exchange for power to impackt the external environment. With every major encounter he loses something, his eye, his arm, broken bones stitched together by the arores internal spikes, his sanity and so on. That is clear Se>Si. His duality with Griffith is also obvious. The one thing guts retains however is his humanity, he seems to learn and grow as a human being with every encounter and event.

All Berserk animes are garbage. Read the manga, its one of the best managas of all time: https://readberserk.com/
    Even has it's own theme song album specially dedicated since the olden days:

I wish they would have avoided the crap 3D animation, chopping up the story... and just turn it into a series of movies with similar animation to Hellsing Ultimate with proper timeline.
    Last edited by SGF; 04-26-2021 at 09:34 AM.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Griffith EIE. Still weird, he seem to focus on personal goal more than people, or the society, mankind...

Guts LSI or ESI. He seem to have more Fi and less Ti than typical LSI, value Fi relationship more than Ti logic. Maybe it's why in the end he's not fit well with Griffith (mirage?)

The main character in Vagabond look like Beta ST more than Guts, Ti is more obvious.
    Last edited by Tarnished; 04-26-2021 at 04:24 PM.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIP the author, my favourite Ni mangaka.

This manga now is endless...

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the people on here that are saying LIE for Griffith but my boy is an EIE. He is too much like me.

Guts is an LSI or SLE-Ti, I can see myself being drawn to someone like him as Griffith is.

Casca poor casca. I don't think Casca and Guts have a very favorable type relationship and they are drawn to each other because of their experiences and love for each other. But they fought the whole show, even when they liked each other.

She was also aware that Griffith had a stronger interest in Guts than her, and that caused issues. She views Griffith differently from Guts as well, she feels responsible for him and kind of mothers him. She also does not like to share feelings.

She's hard to type. Her dedication and appreciation for Griffith eliminate the possibility of a conflict or superego imo. I think she is LSI or ESI. People are saying she is IEE or something, I don't think that.

Not only was she a member of the band of the Hawk she was a high-ranking member who was known as a top fighter amongst the men, the toughness isn't a front.

This is also the most relatable EIE-LSI relationship quote in the show.

This is a good example as well.

Who cares about the rest? lol
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The anime Griffith (the original 1997 one, which is the good one) seemed LIE, maybe LIE-Ni. He's just too intelligent, perceptive, dextrous, and strategic to be an EIE. The manga one seems IEI, has a more beta NF look. But since he turned out teh gayz0r and more of an antichrist, you can keep him if you wish.

Guts is SLE and Caska is SEE.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here, http://dm.sakinorva.net/view?id=321 , LIE and EIE are tied.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    He's just too intelligent, perceptive, dextrous, and strategic to be an EIE.
    Imagine thinking socionics is a IQ test lmao
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Came back to give a correction to my previous takes.

Guts - SLE
    Casca - ESI
    Griffith - EIE then IEI
    Zodd - SLE

Schierke - EII
    Isiordo - SxE
    Puck and Ivalera - EIE
    Faranise - xSI
    Serpico - He is hard since he was so secretive but I always thought of him as EIE.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guts feel too soft and sometime seem Fi like. He is Beta ST for sure but still really weird

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have come to the conclusion that Griffith is an artificial (man-made) deva/avatar of a god. I wonder how Kentaro Miura came up with him. As such, he has a hybrid type combination only present in avatars, which is why he is such an awesome character. I detect IEI, EIE, LIE, and SLI in him (which is not possible for a normal human).

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that Griffith is an artificial (man-made) deva/avatar of a god. I wonder how Kentaro Miura came up with him. As such, he has a hybrid type combination only present in avatars, which is why he is such an awesome character. I detect IEI, EIE, LIE, and SLI in him (which is not possible for a normal human).
    That is implied, if not stated, canon. The Godhead and the realm they come from (can't remember the name since it's been a while) exists as a materialization of the ideal. The mixture of this world with the mundane and then the eventual domination of the ideal good over the ideal bad is Griffith's apparent goal, but since he himself is a manifestation of evil, this world would only be complete with his annihilation.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    I would say that sounds more SLE than LSI.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Griffith; ENFj-Fe/D=ESFp-Fi
    Gutts; ESTp-Ti/N>ISTj-Se/C
    Last edited by RBRS; 03-17-2023 at 01:50 PM.
    If I'm not answering you, I'm either procrastinating a response, or I've judged the conversation as fruitless/already settled prior to the debate for me.

Plausible types; INxP>INxj>ENxp>ENxj

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can VI some characters of that Anime if you want !

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    You can VI some characters of that Anime if you want !

The very concept of VI is mainly non-verbal. Some people do type by appeareance (although it evidently makes no sense) but manga characters are drawn so it makes little sense.
    If I'm not answering you, I'm either procrastinating a response, or I've judged the conversation as fruitless/already settled prior to the debate for me.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    The very concept of VI is mainly non-verbal. Some people do type by appeareance (although it evidently makes no sense) but manga characters are drawn so it makes little sense.
    Manga characters are drawn by people who have some experience with certain character traits and certain individuals in their lives.

It's likely that they are just drawing what they see.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Manga characters are drawn by people who have some experience with certain character traits and certain individuals in their lives.

It's likely that they are just drawing what they see.
    It's even more likely that they use a character's appeareance as a narrative device, characters are inspired by lots of things, so I doubt it's reliable to type character's appeareances, even doing so with people isn't reliable either

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    It's even more likely that they use a character's appeareance as a narrative device, characters are inspired by lots of things, so I doubt it's reliable to type character's appeareances, even doing so with people isn't reliable either
    Are you saying that an artist uses a character’s appearance to tell us something about their character?

Wouldn’t that mean that appearance and character are related in a non-random way?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast