Page 118 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,720 of 6489

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    For the abscess? It would require extensive surgery. They'd have to dig the abscess and the accompanying sinus tract (a long tube that this infection has carved out over the months and spreads down) out of my armpit, upper arm, and possibly lower arm. I would need skin grafts. It might not even work. It might make my condition worse. There's one kind with a very high success rate, but last I heard, I don't believe it is covered by insurance; it's considered "cosmetic surgery".
    Is this what the surgeon is for? Or something else? If this, which one is he intending to do?
    Damn woman, this shit sounds scarey.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

For the abscess? It would require extensive surgery. They'd have to dig the abscess and the accompanying sinus tract (a long tube that this infection has carved out over the months and spreads down) out of my armpit, upper arm, and possibly lower arm. I would need skin grafts. It might not even work. It might make my condition worse. There's one kind with a very high success rate, but last I heard, I don't believe it is covered by insurance; it's considered "cosmetic surgery".
    Wow, I can sympathize with you as I have one and I just pray it doesn't get worse. A friend of mine, I think I told you about her, has one still after having it drained several times. I don't know how she's doing with it now (since, usually I'll hear about it when she comes to have a problem with it); it is definitely described as painful. No doubt having an actual infection is dangerous enough. Have you consulted with other doctors?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a permanent abscess that is the manifestation of a chronic and incurable autoimmune disease. I sprayed diluted tea tree oil on it for months, for disinfecting purposes. It's still there. I rather doubt your claim, and it has nothing to do with being uncomfortable about alternative medicine.
    Aw, that sounds tough. Tea tree oil is good, but what you have sounds extensive and systematic.

My own experience with alternative med is that it is especially helpful/effective for chronic conditions. Probably because it gets to the core of them* unlike Western med which treats the symptoms (usually with things that cause more problems, but there are drugs for that, and so chronic problems are big business. Also its very hard for people dealing with a serious problem to change formats in the middle of things (Western to Alternative). However, chronic problems serve capitalism so there is not much incentive to imply that a chronic problem might ever be curable.

*(also there are highly effective alternative quick ways to diagnose what the core is).

My son and I watch Shark Tank sometimes. The guy who got the biggest buy-out offer in the show's history had made these mini-filters for the nose, worn outside the nose, like nostril-size filters, because respiratory health problems can be pretty serious, and this was a simple inexpensive and proven highly-effective solution to end serious, chronic, life-threatening respiratory problems, which, you can imagine, would be helpful for people with chronic respiratory problems in high pollution cities, or highly allergic people in high-pollen areas, for example. He already had huge multi-million dollar orders when he went before the Shark Tank.

But what I found most interesting about his story was when he had tried to peddle it to the Pharmaceutical companies - they said sure, they woudl buy his patent., for a good price, too, but told him that frankly it would sit on the shelf because the bottom line is they made more money dealing with the respiratory problems the way they were doing it. Yup. They weren't interested in curing people's chronic problems! But this guy was motivated not to just get rich - he wanted to improve/cure people's health and save lives with his little invention, and did not want it sitting on a shelf while the pharmaceutical companies (and the AMA ALA and doctors they are so aligned with) made more money by insuring people did not stay well...

So that just reinforced what I have long believed about the Western approach to medicine.

So that's that. I do not feel its my calling to convince people to try alternative health. And many of the practitioners I know don't either. People don't want to change their minds or be challenged or trust a modality their trusted doctors (who trust the pharmaceuticals they prescribe) don't trust, and our society, backed by the media and the establishment (doctors who don't want to lose their jobs after their years of training, and they ahve to pay off huge loans, aligned with for-big-profit pharmaceuticals) is against them and will undermine them at every turn. So they cannot draw attention to themselves, but go quietly about their business making people well, really healing them, without the benefits of society's approval or the heaps of insurance money pouring their way. They are in it to get people well, that's all.

And its my way to be well, but I don't like to argue and don't like to convince people of anything. I just tell or give hint of what I know from time to time, like I did here, because I feel its wrong to keep it a total secret. But challenge me on it and I will back away, because I don't want to argue. Unless the challenge is a serious interested question from one clearly looking for some truth of a matter, I won't bite... If I am going to take a firm stand for anything, it will be my faith, not anything else. ...But I wont argue for the sake of arguing on that one either.

Not saying you are doing any of that Ryene, just using this opportunity to explaining how I feel about the topic. I do think alternative meds can help you, but I do not need or want to convince you or anyone of that...

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I'm Delta now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Aw, that sounds tough. Tea tree oil is good, but what you have sounds extensive and systematic.

My own experience with alternative med is that it is especially helpful/effective for chronic conditions. Probably because it gets to the core of them* unlike Western med which treats the symptoms (usually with things that cause more problems, but there are drugs for that, and so chronic problems are big business. Also its very hard for people dealing with a serious problem to change formats in the middle of things (Western to Alternative). However, chronic problems serve capitalism so there is not much incentive to imply that a chronic problem might ever be curable.

*(also there are highly effective alternative quick ways to diagnose what the core is).

My son and I watch Shark Tank sometimes. The guy who got the biggest buy-out offer in the show's history had made these mini-filters for the nose, worn outside the nose, like nostril-size filters, because respiratory health problems can be pretty serious, and this was a simple inexpensive and proven highly-effective solution to end serious, chronic, life-threatening respiratory problems, which, you can imagine, would be helpful for people with chronic respiratory problems in high pollution cities, or highly allergic people in high-pollen areas, for example. He already had huge multi-million dollar orders when he went before the Shark Tank.

But what I found most interesting about his story was when he had tried to peddle it to the Pharmaceutical companies - they said sure, they woudl buy his patent., for a good price, too, but told him that frankly it would sit on the shelf because the bottom line is they made more money dealing with the respiratory problems the way they were doing it. Yup. They weren't interested in curing people's chronic problems! But this guy was motivated not to just get rich - he wanted to improve/cure people's health and save lives with his little invention, and did not want it sitting on a shelf while the pharmaceutical companies (and the AMA ALA and doctors they are so aligned with) made more money by insuring people did not stay well...

So that just reinforced what I have long believed about the Western approach to medicine.

So that's that. I do not feel its my calling to convince people to try alternative health. And many of the practitioners I know don't either. People don't want to change their minds or be challenged or trust a modality their trusted doctors (who trust the pharmaceuticals they prescribe) don't trust, and our society, backed by the media and the establishment (doctors who don't want to lose their jobs after their years of training, and they ahve to pay off huge loans, aligned with for-big-profit pharmaceuticals) is against them and will undermine them at every turn. So they cannot draw attention to themselves, but go quietly about their business making people well, really healing them, without the benefits of society's approval or the heaps of insurance money pouring their way. They are in it to get people well, that's all.

And its my way to be well, but I don't like to argue and don't like to convince people of anything. I just tell or give hint of what I know from time to time, like I did here, because I feel its wrong to keep it a total secret. But challenge me on it and I will back away, because I don't want to argue. Unless the challenge is a serious interested question from one clearly looking for some truth of a matter, I won't bite... If I am going to take a firm stand for anything, it will be my faith, not anything else. ...But I wont argue for the sake of arguing on that one either.

Not saying you are doing any of that Ryene, just using this opportunity to explaining how I feel about the topic. I do think alternative meds can help you, but I do not need or want to convince you or anyone of that...
    Eliza did you get my forum post I mentioned @ you earlier?

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I can't wait until your snow melts, maybe you'll take some pictures of the first flowers that bloom? I love those things. The delicate yet strong flowers that come up at that time is such a wonderful breath of life.
    I am going to start taking pictures because my winter garden is even nice. But I actually don't much know what to do with them after I take them, how to get them on computer. I sort of resist technology I guess but Dear SLI will help me, we can learn together. I have to sell a lot of stuff on Criagslist, so, I need to learn soon....

Your fiance is such a Delta ST caregiver that's nice that he's caring for your mom. My dad, also an SLI, would stay with my grandparents when he traveled to Armenia and care for them too.
    Aw, thats great. My Dad was SLI too, but really, he taught us like his Dad taught him - be self-responsible. So we did not ask them to do things for us, we were expected to do them on our own. Then my ex did little for me, it was all about me serving him constantly. Then I was single Mom for so long and no help. I just got used to doing all for myself and thought that was just how life is. If I made a list of what I wanted in a man (I did not do this or think of it since I was not looking) I would have likely put things on the list that SLI is not (as well as what he is, loving (not romantic, but loving), loyal, a man of character and integrity) like maybe financially well off and perhaps ambitious in career. And I would not have thought to put caregiver or "helps me out" on the list, or "will help me with Mom". I just thought these things were my responsibility. But now he is helping me with these things, and I cannot believe how much nicer life is with this help I never would have thought to ask for. It makes daily life peaceful. I have always cooked, cleaned, done the laundry which are not my favorite things to do at all but I like them done. But he pitches in and lightens all the loads, all the time, and wow, its so nice. God knew what I needed even though I did not.

(the lesson for SLIs is your IEE needs you, you have the perfect gifts for him/her, even if he/she does not know it! So be confident, you are just right for him/her!)

In our family, I don't know how it is in yours, when two people love each other the SO's family becomes their own. That's a wonderful family connection to have. There's no more mine and yours, it's just ours and we're together. Our Delta tendencies may have those Aristocratic views but it's nice when family is joined and taken care of.
    Yes, he really has taken on my immediate family, my son and my needy Mom as his. And I his, so its lovely.

Your dream is interesting, especially having seen his granddaughter of all the people. Kids are delightful. I can related when I saw, in my dream having adopted a baby boy. I guess it represents a changing tide in a way. Because kids are fragile, unexposed to a lot of the lunacy of the world yet they are open to adventure. Maybe you're going on an adventure and you're happy about it
    I like that. Yes, children are the flowers in God's garden. They are His peace on earth.

The innocence of children is so precious.

It seems like you're happy now, which I'm very delighted to see.
    Thanks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thou shalt not ignore thy kin, Eliza Thomason.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am going to start taking pictures because my winter garden is even nice. But I actually don't much know what to do with them after I take them, how to get them on computer. I sort of resist technology I guess but Dear SLI will help me, we can learn together. I have to sell a lot of stuff on Criagslist, so, I need to learn soon....

Aw, thats great. My Dad was SLI too, but really, he taught us like his Dad taught him - be self-responsible. So we did not ask them to do things for us, we were expected to do them on our own. Then my ex did little for me, it was all about me serving him constantly. Then I was single Mom for so long and no help. I just got used to doing all for myself and thought that was just how life is. If I made a list of what I wanted in a man (I did not do this or think of it since I was not looking) I would have likely put things on the list that SLI is not (as well as what he is, loving (not romantic, but loving), loyal, a man of character and integrity) like maybe financially well off and perhaps ambitious in career. And I would not have thought to put caregiver or "helps me out" on the list, or "will help me with Mom". I just thought these things were my responsibility. But now he is helping me with these things, and I cannot believe how much nicer life is with this help I never would have thought to ask for. It makes daily life peaceful. I have always cooked, cleaned, done the laundry which are not my favorite things to do at all but I like them done. But he pitches in and lightens all the loads, all the time, and wow, its so nice. God knew what I needed even though I did not.

(the lesson for SLIs is your IEE needs you, you have the perfect gifts for him/her, even if he/she does not know it! So be confident, you are just right for him/her!)

Yes, he really has taken on my immediate family, my son and my needy Mom as his. And I his, so its lovely.

I like that. Yes, children are the flowers in God's garden. They are His peace on earth.

The innocence of children is so precious.

Thanks.
    you may use www.imgur.com

it's very easy. Create an account and under images it will allow you to upload a picture from your computer onto it's system, from there you may choose copy image address by right licking the image you upload and paste it here with the brackets "[img]" before it and "[/img]"after

you may also download them to other image sights like photo something or even facebook, however once on facebook you won't be able to share it like from the other photo sites, as in no copy address link is allowed.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-10-2014 at 03:52 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister has pneumonia. She went a whole week of being very sick before going to the doctor. They wanted to admit her to the hospital, but she really didn't want that so she's home now, with antibiotics and an inhaler but no pain meds. She's lost a lot of weight and she didn't have any extra to lose. I'm pretty worried about her. I've told her I can take her in anytime she needs or get her things, but she tends to be independent.

@Ryene Astraelis Wow, that sounds really uncomfortable. And frustrating, yes. My thoughts are with you, as little as that is.

@anndelise Ooh, story-writing. Over the years I've had ideas, stories that I enjoy for myself, and I've considered writing them down. But I usually get stuck at the actual writing part, lol. That's really cool you're working on it!
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rat1 View Post

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Minde
    I hope your sister recovers soon. Independence is fine, but sometimes a little help can prevent risk of becoming long-term dependent.
    she sounds stubborn,
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Is this what the surgeon is for? Or something else? If this, which one is he intending to do?
    Damn woman, this shit sounds scarey.
    I went and saw him for a surgery consultation. However, he got rid of the dangerous abscess with antibiotics, and he told me surgery for the other one would be extensive, as described above.

Wow, I can sympathize with you as I have one and I just pray it doesn't get worse. A friend of mine, I think I told you about her, has one still after having it drained several times. I don't know how she's doing with it now (since, usually I'll hear about it when she comes to have a problem with it); it is definitely described as painful. No doubt having an actual infection is dangerous enough. Have you consulted with other doctors?
    I have my primary doctor and a dermatologist. The derm hasn't talked surgery that I can recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    @Ryene Astraelis Wow, that sounds really uncomfortable. And frustrating, yes. My thoughts are with you, as little as that is.
    I appreciate it.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I'm Delta now.

Eliza did you get my forum post I mentioned @ you earlier?
    Oh, sorry rat1, Delta-kin. No, I did not see it and don't know how to find it. Was it misspelled? Because its not in my "mention" section...

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Minde
    I hope your sister recovers soon. Independence is fine, but sometimes a little help can prevent risk of becoming long-term dependent.
    she sounds stubborn,
    She is stubborn. She expressed missing spending time with me, so I suggested that the longer she's sick the less we get to do things together (which is entirely true). Shortly after, it appears she called in to the advice nurse and got some more feedback on her current condition.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, sorry rat1, Delta-kin. No, I did not see it and don't know how to find it. Was it misspelled? Because its not in my "mention" section...
    Yes Delta Kin, but also a Christian Kin. I'm a true Christian here to help.
    It's time you learnt something about your Bible.
    Read the following:

In 1000AD the Kingdom of Germany was the largest, most central Kingdom of the Roman empire. The Romans were Pagans, and it was here in 1000AD Constantine declared Christianity the dominant religion of Rome. All Romans were to convert from Paganism to Christianity.

THe original hebrew word we know as hell - gehenna - was here translated by the Romans into 'hell'. Hell was a Pagan concept, and when the two belief systems merged, hell had to integrate with Christianity.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wikiGehenna
    "English "Gehenna" represents the Greek Ge'enna (γέεννα) found in the New Testament, a phonetic transcription of Aramaic Gēhannā (ܓܗܢܐ), equivalent to the Hebrew Ge Hinnom, literally "Valley of Hinnom"." - wiki

The original hebrew word, Gehenna, is an actual physical place outside Jerusalem where dead bodies were thrown. People who'd died of all sorts of disease, for crimes, for worshipping Baal, and so on. They were thrown into this massive pit... This real, physical place. Every reference to hell within the new testament was actually referring to this pit, this real place outside of Jerusalem.

Here is just one reference from the original Hebrew New Testmanent where this word is used by Jesus. This is from Youngs Literal Translation - that's the original hebrew translated as best as possible into english.
    Mathew 5:29 `But, if thy right eye doth cause thee to stumble, pluck it out and cast from thee, for it is good to thee that one of thy members may perish, and not thy whole body be cast to gehenna.

There was also 'Sheol' used in the original hebrew, which was just a concept of neutral darkness ... death encompassing. Totally neutral, no concept of righteousness or judgment attached to it, no punishment or pain. Just blackness. Then that was also translated into hell by the romans.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheol

There was never any idea of hell in the original bible. This is why Jews today still don't believe in hell. It's only the Roman Catholic church and its offshoots that believe in hell.

You are not going to hell. No one is. It never existed.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

February gray

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    She is stubborn. She expressed missing spending time with me, so I suggested that the longer she's sick the less we get to do things together (which is entirely true). Shortly after, it appears she called in to the advice nurse and got some more feedback on her current condition.
    Wise use of The Guilt.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ryene Astraelis at least the infection is gone now. Hope you're able to get the lump cleared up soon. Just one more month or so, hopefully.

@Geminatronix
    I've been off and on here, was mostly off for quite a while, that was nice.

My daughter turned 18yo a couple of weekends ago. And we got a lease on the apt signed for her and her friend so she can stay in town and they can build up a rental history. We're paying my daughter's half of rent and utilities because she's still going through the work prep programs. And I give her a monthly allowance for food still.

This means at home I have a bunch of free time, yay!! I spent a month working hard on our home. And this past month I have been doing research for a setting for some fiction I want to write. I suck at research, so have pretty much just been doing immersion type stuff, watching shows related to it, reading books related to it, but my notes are gawd-awful, lol. But some stuff is starting to stick, heh. My biggest issues with writing have always been descriptions, particularly setting related. This includes the objects characters must interact with. And first, I have to learn what objects my characters would be interacting with, in the first place. So I feel a bit overwhelmed by my project.

Which means...I've been going through an easily-distracted phase, which is how I wound up back on this forum.

Forum dynamics seemed to have changed quite a bit in just a couple of months. Well, I guess not all that much, just new faces maybe. So, enjoy.
    Glad you are back - I missed reading your posts.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howdy, Delta land.

This thread is still going, huh.
    I might poke around for a bit.

It's been about 10 years since I started out here. My, oh my.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi UDP.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

digging the delta vibe lately. wanna sit around a campfire with a few close knit hippies talking calmly about sustainable living practices and get kissed on the forehead or something. i feel like ive turned a corner recently inside my mind and have entered a space in which i'm better able to emotionally take care of myself and make better choices and the air in this space smells like the delta ideal. if that makes sense. so i'm just chillin. (also knock on wood)

i went out with my eii best friend on friday and she is hilarious. done lost her mind. i recognized this cute guy from high school and said hi - the next day she's texting me about how he has a conviction from trespassing back from 2002 and no marriage certificates blah blah blah cuz she works as a reporter. she stalked his facebook and found out he had a girlfriend before i did. we've known eachother since we were 12 but she's planning on moving to nyc before long. i wonder if i will ever visit her there. but we can go years and pick up like we left off. she belongs in a place like nyc, with her quirkiness and ambition, but hopefully her connection there will help her navigate since she forgets how to find parking lots a block away in minneapolis. im taking this time to hang out with her as much as possible. i'm gonna miss her when she leaves.
    Last edited by ashlesha; 02-17-2014 at 02:39 PM.

hey deltas i am here to tell you about my latest Si torment. the doctor who straightened my teeth left the lower bar that's behind teeth.dunno if it is necessary anymore.probably not,but he told be not to take it off. anyway,the thing is that sometimes i forget about it and chew on really hard stuff like brocolli branches and then this whole think gets PULLED LIKE CRAZY and i think that it moved and my teeth will go crazy and my jaw will change positionb and will go deaf I FEEL SO WERID WISH I WAS MADE OF STEEL?????

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wise use of The Guilt.
    The Guilt + the Need for Activity. She's slowly feeling better, btw. My (LSE?) mother and I went and got her a bunch of feel-better supplies (food for soups, supplements like acidophilus, bathing ingredients, etc.) and it seems to have at least lifted her spirits in addition to helping her physically feel better.

In other news, I'm in need of long calming hugs lately.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear that your sister is starting to improve, physically and in spirit.
    And I hope you get all the long calming hugs you need. (I know what it can be like to need them!)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Glad your sister's doing better @Minde

I just got a new phone (a Samsung Galaxy 4G) stoked

so, my father tried marajuana and it made him nautious I was hoping it wold help he's in so much pain all the time
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-21-2014 at 02:40 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I watched nearly 1 1/2 hrs of Curling hehehe
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Glad your sister's doing better @Minde

I just got a new phone (a Samsung Galaxy 4G) stoked

so, my father tried marajuana and it made him nautious I was hoping it wold help he's in so much pain all the time
    He could try a different strain. Go to a dispensary and ask them!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got Bunter a Nina Ottosson puzzle toy a couple of weeks ago. He gets about half his meals in it now. At first he was scared of it ("OMG, it makes rattling noises! "), but we started easy and he figured out the drawers after the first couple of days. Now we're at the next difficulty level, where pegs lock the drawers. Thanks to his propensity to listen to me, he's figured out how to remove the pegs and that maybe, just maybe, taking them out will make the drawers open easier. He still has no firm grasp on direct causality between a specific peg and its corresponding drawer, but with continued patient practice I'm hopeful on that point.

I just got him that Kong bone, too, which apparently is a hit. Fortunately, unlike some humans, he's not put off by my external lack of enthusiasm toward his display.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Minde , Way to go on further developing Bunter's intelligence skills.

(That thing looks like a pain to keep clean, though.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Minde , Way to go on further developing Bunter's intelligence skills.

(That thing looks like a pain to keep clean, though.)
    You're observant. It is a bit of a bother, yes. I rinse the pegs and wipe down the drawers after each use. As long as we're both gaining something out of the activity, it's worth it.

Life's been a little bit stressful lately, and having periods of time that are simple and rewarding make it easier. Working with animals can be so therapeutic.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    He could try a different strain. Go to a dispensary and ask them!
    He's far too modest to try it again. My father's big on high moral values, like integrity and he believes that in staying consistent to the road of anti-drug use that he was so adement about teaching his kids and grandkids that he would do his guidance an injustice by breaking it and veering off. He's been very reluctant because of those values even though I've tried hard with my Ne (by giving him a new direction and path) in saying such things as "Dad it's legal with a valid doctor's prescription" and "we just want to see if it will help you, for our peace of mind, just try it please."
    -

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"we just want to see if it will help you, for our peace of mind, just try it please."
    This isn't ; it's guilting.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This isn't ; it's guilting.
    yes it is because he gets stuck in one mentality, those things which he's comfortable with, the Si zones and doesn't take a leap of faith in any areas because he isn't sufficiently encouraged and motivated. Ne, as Carl Jung describes it, is motivational. What I was doing was encouraging a new direction.
    -

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes it is because he gets stuck in one mentality, those things which he's comfortable with, the Si zones and doesn't take a leap of faith in any areas because he isn't sufficiently encouraged and motivated. Ne, as Carl Jung describes it, is motivational. What I was doing was encouraging a new direction.
    In the example I quoted, your argument is that he should violate his deeply-held values to make you feel better. If he refuses this tactic, then he looks guilty of not caring about you and your siblings, or at least how you guys feel. You made it about an obligation to you and the other kids. Yes, that is guilting. No, that is not . There's really no need to repeat myself further here.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

In the example I quoted, your argument is that he should violate his deeply-held values to make you feel better. If he refuses this tactic, then he looks guilty of not caring about you and your siblings, or at least how you guys feel. You made it about an obligation to you and the other kids. Yes, that is guilting. No, that is not . There's really no need to repeat myself further here.
    You are so incapable of seeing things from multiple views you really are. First of all I speak to my dad in Armenian and that is the closest translation to what I mean but in the damn english things are always with the air of manipulation and guilt or whatever suspicious intent you people seem to put a twist on things. To say something to your father to get you to see a decision and how that may effect the feelings of others with regards to his health whether that's quitting smoking or urging him to try a different method isn't manipulation. It's simply a suggestion. In his case it is a suggestion which he himself has thought about trying but was reluctant due to his beliefs but that I encouraged him through the availability of that drug and through the added perspective (that perspective being another possibility which is "see what this could be" or "see where this could lead") is a form of new ness.

I don't like having conversations with ESI, Rayne, because you like ISTj are blind. just short and blind. Please leave me alone until you can think about things and come to understand the muli facility of situations. Until then, leave me alone. This is DELTA lounge not Gamma...go hang out there where people of your type and information processing are comfortable interacting with you. You can't seem to see how you people stress me out.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm already upset at what I have to deal with every day of my father in being in so much pain and you selfishly challenging me to get every piece of little information where you shouldn't even concern yourself with and who I don't want anything to do with because it's not your understanding of the functional expression that I'm looking for is so just aggravating me more please leave me alone.

You want me to spoon feed you all the details and the development of the story of my father being sick and all my interactions with him about his health for you to come to understand what I'm trying to convey, which delta types would get already because they focus on the gist of the story and that is that my father has been in extreme pain for a long period of time and his family members, myself included, have tried every possible method to try to find pain management for him. Now we've sort of come to our last resort which are alternative to conventional medicine, but what I'm trying to tell you that we have to find possible work around ways to get him to understand that he has to move beyond the comfort zone. To you, being a negativist type, the information may be perceived as manipulative and guilt inflicting, but he's my father, he understands my emotions. He knows that when I'm holding back tears infront of him and asking him to try something that I'm not doing this to convince him of his love for me or my love for him, it's to convince him from a step away from an ideal that he's created that stops him from trying something new.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-02-2014 at 04:48 AM.
    -

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are so incapable of seeing things from multiple views you really are. First of all I speak to my dad in Armenian and that is the closest translation to what I mean but in the damn english things are always with the air of manipulation and guilt or whatever suspicious intent you people seem to put a twist on things. To say something to your father to get you to see a decision and how that may effect the feelings of others with regards to his health whether that's quitting smoking or urging him to try a different method isn't manipulation. It's simply a suggestion. In his case it is a suggestion which he himself has thought about trying but was reluctant due to his beliefs but that I encouraged him through the availability of that drug and through the added perspective (that perspective being another possibility which is "see what this could be" or "see where this could lead") is a form of new ness.
    I can see enough to tell that we’re coming at this from completely different viewpoints, that we both think each other wrong, and that neither of us is going to budge. Therefore, it is best to simply drop the line of conversation.

I'm already upset at what I have to deal with every day of my father in being in so much pain and you selfishly challenging me to get every piece of little information where you shouldn't even concern yourself with and who I don't want anything to do with because it's not your understanding of the functional expression that I'm looking for is so just aggravating me more please leave me alone.
    When you expose your actions and opinions on a forum, they become open to commentary from anyone who sees them. That’s part of airing things in a public space, Maritsa. If you only want others to tell you what you want to hear, and if you resent that people have the freedom to comment on your issues as they choose, then maybe you shouldn’t bring these them up in this kind of place and should rather save them for handpicked friends and acquaintances that you know will give you the desired feedback.

You want me to spoon feed you all the details and the development of the story of my father being sick and all my interactions with him about his health for you to come to understand what I'm trying to convey, which delta types would get already because they focus on the gist of the story[…]
    Actually, I have never asked you for more information. I have never told you to spoon-feed me any details. You’ve offered information because you have felt the need to justify yourself to me or at least convince me of your view. I don’t accept the blame you’re attempting to push on me nor the insults and labels you've thrown at me in these posts.

and that is that my father has been in extreme pain for a long period of time and his family members, myself included, have tried every possible method to try to find pain management for him. Now we've sort of come to our last resort which are alternative to conventional medicine, but what I'm trying to tell you that we have to find possible work around ways to get him to understand that he has to move beyond the comfort zone. To you, being a negativist type, the information may be perceived as manipulative and guilt inflicting, but he's my father, he understands my emotions. He knows that when I'm holding back tears infront of him and asking him to try something that I'm not doing this to convince him of his love for me or my love for him, it's to convince him from a step away from an ideal that he's created that stops him from trying something new.
    My intent is not to downplay your father’s pain nor to invalidate your feelings over that pain. I’m sure that situation is really hard for all of you. Neither do I doubt that you care for your father and want to help him through this. To me, the issue is not that you're trying to convince him to do this. I just take issue with the way you did it and the IM element you are attributing it to. As I mentioned above, we’re not going to agree on this, and that is what it is.

I don't like having conversations with ESI, Rayne, because you like ISTj are blind. just short and blind. Please leave me alone until you can think about things and come to understand the muli facility of situations. Until then, leave me alone. This is DELTA lounge not Gamma...go hang out there where people of your type and information processing are comfortable interacting with you. You can't seem to see how you people stress me out.
    I am not going to leave this space over the bruised feelings of a fragile flower who has a history of playing the victim. You are the only person who has expressed dislike over my presence here, and far be it from me to act based on your opinion alone.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Maritsa,

Can you get him a medical marijuana card? Could he make it to the doctor to get one? Or could you get one? That way you can legally get him a different strain and he could try an edible or vaporizer. I know several people in LA who smoke weed to counter-act nausea and increase appetite, also for pain. I could ask them what strain they use and where they get it. It really works for them. And remind your dad that it is legal and perfectly ethical for him to try this as a remedy for pain....
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can see enough to tell that we’re coming at this from completely different viewpoints, that we both think each other wrong, and that neither of us is going to budge. Therefore, it is best to simply drop the line of conversation.

When you expose your actions and opinions on a forum, they become open to commentary from anyone who sees them. That’s part of airing things in a public space, Maritsa. If you only want others to tell you what you want to hear, and if you resent that people have the freedom to comment on your issues as they choose, then maybe you shouldn’t bring these them up in this kind of place and should rather save them for handpicked friends and acquaintances that you know will give you the desired feedback.

Actually, I have never asked you for more information. I have never told you to spoon-feed me any details. You’ve offered information because you have felt the need to justify yourself to me or at least convince me of your view. I don’t accept the blame you’re attempting to push on me nor the insults and labels you've thrown at me in these posts.

My intent is not to downplay your father’s pain nor to invalidate your feelings over that pain. I’m sure that situation is really hard for all of you. Neither do I doubt that you care for your father and want to help him through this. To me, the issue is not that you're trying to convince him to do this. I just take issue with the way you did it and the IM element you are attributing it to. As I mentioned above, we’re not going to agree on this, and that is what it is.

I am not going to leave this space over the bruised feelings of a fragile flower who has a history of playing the victim. You are the only person who has expressed dislike over my presence here, and far be it from me to act based on your opinion alone.
    I am trying to say that what makes conversations and interactions hard with your type and with ISTj is because you guys miss my points and nit pick at details. The gist of what I'm saying and I'll repeat again is I use my to find possibilities and work arounds to figure out some means of pain management for my dad and also ways in which I can get him to try it. If you interpreted one way I said something to be at face value plainly manipulation then be it for you, but to me it's just another idea. Again, if you read Kim's post in comparison to that of your own, she is giving me another idea unlike you.

Nit picking at details just draws me in directions that are painful and energy consuming for me to occupy myself with especially when I'm so exhausted already. This makes interactions with Ne polr types and myself SO incredibly hard especially since they are accompanied by Se.
    -

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am trying to say that what makes conversations and interactions hard with your type and with ISTj is because you guys miss my points and nit pick at details. The gist of what I'm saying and I'll repeat again is I use my to find possibilities and work arounds to figure out some means of pain management for my dad and also ways in which I can get him to try it. If you interpreted one way I said something to be at face value plainly manipulation then be it for you, but to me it's just another idea. Again, if you read Kim's post in comparison to that of your own, she is giving me another idea unlike you.

Nit picking at details just draws me in directions that are painful and energy consuming for me to occupy myself with especially when I'm so exhausted already. This makes interactions with Ne polr types and myself SO incredibly hard especially since they are accompanied by Se.
    Maritsa, why are you still trying? I said we're not going to agree. You should drop it and move on.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa, why are you still trying? I said we're not going to agree. You should drop it and move on.
    This is how annoying things get for me around Se and how much my energy gets drained at nonsense.

I come in a room and I write "." (period sign on a board); Se looks at it and says "it's a period!" I look at it and say yes, but I typed it and the only intention or image you're getting out of it is a static one (that is what you see - a part of sense perception) therefore that is the only thing that you can get out of this period, that it's just a period to YOU because having seen it or rather sensed it as just that because of it's apparentness to your sense it's the only thing you see and capture. I however, have written that period as an accompaniment to a bigger picture or a variety of events that accompany it. I wrote that period as an adjunct event to "Things happened in this area and period" "Sometimes this even influences here in such ways therefore period" etc. but what you see is "period" you miss every other word or meaning behind the last two sentences I wrote above just to see and capture a image of "." Because I typed in that "." before revealing any other thing you have captured that and are statically fixed to it like a kid to cake and that's the only thing you can see and when you say "no, no, no" to me I'm forced to explain and take up energy to do this. I don't have an ability to sustain energy and explain things to you. I don't want you to pick on my posts just for that reason.

Don't interact with me as they stress me out and get me to want to tell you sentences I don't want to waste time and energy both of which I never have enough of just to tell you the story and "period" Unless of course you want to sit on my fucking Se Polr and do a dance and get me upset in which case I will put you on ignore.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-03-2014 at 05:44 PM.
    -