Thread: Can you type me based on this video?

TIM
    4w5 451
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can you type me based on this video?

Hello, as I mentioned in this video I have considered IEI, EII, ILI, and LII. I know they are all in different quadras, but it's so hard for me to determine what I value. If it helps, I am almost certain I am 4w5 sx. I used this questionnaire to answer questions.
    Thank you for your time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYVY...ature=youtu.be

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. Based on the video, SEI is a likely possibility.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

During the video, @slowdive, you frequently reminded me briefly of my IEI-Fe cousin. That being said, I think I'm seeing Fe and Ti-valuing, not an IEI.

I agree with @Rusal, who is SEI herself, that you could be SEI.

Also, many of the statements you made about yourself agree with what I have read about SEI's.

TIM
    4w5 451
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ania View Post
    I don't think she is an intuitive type, so the lack of softness and passivity was more so referring to that. There is something more concrete and weighty about her.
    I wasn't sure whether this was important, but if it helps, I wrote some of my answers down beforehand, which I guess might have made them a seem more concrete, I don't really think I come across like this normally.

TIM
    4w5 451
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Congratulations. You have such a sympathetic energy that you got me through an entire 12:30 video... and I usually just watch 10 seconds out of curiosity without even answering.

No way you're xEI. You seem to value Te matters way more than Ti ones. There's literally no Ti there. Yeah, there's the role Ti ok, and that's why you typed as INTP in mbti, but other than that you're just seeking for the Te results. You want to get shit done in a practical way. You got a rational way of expressing your thought that the xEIs just lack. At a certain point you even talked about how you would find a competent self confident individual to be charming (Te in da hausss), and not arrogant, or something like that (which could fit with Se seeking too yeah, but have you heard the rest of the vid? She's hating on Se half the time, lol).
    All the talk about avoiding conflict as long as possible but getting really mad when certain specific things occur, PLUS all the hate on people who apply constant volitional pressure? Yeah, that's not a sign of a Se seeker guys. This girl can't stand Se. It's her polr. Dreaming of becoming a musician has nothing to do with Se. All types can be ambitious. She pretty much describes Si kind of laziness as what she possesses and desires.
    Yeah maybe she needs some pressure from outside to get into action, but I bet the pressure from a high Se would feel like hell. On the other hand I can imagine a good reaction to advice from a Te type. She doesn't need sheer forceful pressure.

You come across as a very genuine person. I don't get that from Ti leads. What you said about not wanting people to talk to you about their dead cat because you feel not comfortable at comforting with words in such a way, and the only thing that changes is that you will feel bad too... well, even that came across as an empathetic thought to me, lol. You just have a deep kind of empathy that you don't necessarily express. You feel things intensely, which is a big boost in arts, poetry, music and so on.

Last thing I want to adress are the Ni and Si lead hypotheses: do you think she has a mystical kind of intuition? That she's lead by gut nuances and that she's THAT detached from wordly reasonings? Nah. Of course, esoteric inclinations are not a must for IEIs, but, for real... she is literally the introvert with Ne poster child (even the way the eyes move seems super Ne, lol). And what about Si? This girl a sensorial and earthy person, providing Si to more intuitive people? Naaaah.

I know you're getting all different typings and I feel a little bit sorry for you. But the most important thing I want to communicate is this: do yourself a favor and play more music! You call yourself a musician but don't excercise since months? What you've done in the past doesn't matter. Just play more and more from now on, and chase your real dream with hope and determination. Laziness is a bad demon, and the only way to beat the demon is with a dose of joy and enthusiasm for what you do in your daily life.
    Thank you so much, I feel a bit flattered by this. I also think I'm a little bit more motivated to practice now, lol

TIM
    4w5 451
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you picked all the 4D Ni types - my question for you is, how do you think you use Ni?
    I have to admit, I have a pretty weak grasp of socionics functions, as well as Socionics in general. From my understanding, Ni is responsible for seeing how things change and evolve throughout htime?

I'm not sure how I use Ni. I do focus on the future, of course, but I'm not very good at sticking with what I think about- I change my mind often. Also, I am willing to give up long-term goals and ideas for short-term happiness. However, I do generally have a vision in the back of my mind always in my life, even though it may be quite loose.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slowdive View Post
    I wrote some of my answers down beforehand, which I guess might have made them a seem more concrete

This is a stronger argument for SEI which can be added to the ones expressed in the video: choice of career guided by academic curiosity and not future gain, artsy-fartsy SEIness, difficulty when describing yourself, romantic interest in 'funny' partners, values some degree of independence.

SEI-Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    And what about Si? This girl a sensorial and earthy person, providing Si to more intuitive people? Naaaah.
    Yeahhh. No really, your idea of what Si does seems a bit off.
    Last edited by Rusal; 10-18-2020 at 04:00 AM.

TIM
    4w5 451
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is your radar for danger?
    what is that vision like?
    do you ever just have a “knowing” about someone or something and do you trust it?
    -Pretty good, I have gotten myself out of a few bad situations in the past and then realized hours later how it was dangerous when I was just relying on how I felt at the time
    -Let's say I had a school project: usually I have a plan in my mind for how I want that project to look like, or even specific things I want to include in later parts, and then try to replicate that as much as possible
    -I do tend to trust it unless I have a reason specifically not to, for example if I had an air of suspicion about a store I would avoid unless I needed something from that store in particular.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the impression that you might be EII
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how I use Ni. I do focus on the future, of course, but I'm not very good at sticking with what I think about- I change my mind often. Also, I am willing to give up long-term goals and ideas for short-term happiness. However, I do generally have a vision in the back of my mind always in my life, even though it may be quite loose.
    Yeah that's how leading Ni is: fluid, intuitively feeling the flow of time but the vision of the future is always updating itself and evolving as you gain new information or your thoughts change. Having fixed concrete plans that never change is actual more how Ni polr is.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the comment you are looking for

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I got the impression that you might be EII
    I have no strong opinion on OPs type either way but she reminded me of a video Maritsa posted of herself. OP has a bit more energy than Mari does in hers but I can't help thinking of Mari when I see OPs vid. I am not going to look for it but I am sure it is on here somewhere. She might share it if asked @Beautiful sky? I could be wrong linking them in my mind since it has been awhile since I saw Maritsa's.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

INFP IEI is what strikes me since you are quite introverted alone and stay in your room and emotional stuff seems to lock you in. INFJ are probably what I would call high functioning introverted depressives. We still get stuff done and get out of emotional ruts. You said you have blow up moments which is more common for INFP And you fit the artistic creative INFP/IEI

You are so much the embodiment of my INFP cousin. Getting her out of her room for a walk that's not on her terms is extremely difficult to achieve lol. But I have always tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I have no strong opinion on OPs type either way but she reminded me of a video Maritsa posted of herself. OP has a bit more energy than Mari does in hers but I can't help thinking of Mari when I see OPs vid. I am not going to look for it but I am sure it is on here somewhere. She might share it if asked @Beautiful sky? I could be wrong linking them in my mind since it has been awhile since I saw Maritsa's.
    A very cute INFp

Her problem is "she can never start doing something"
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    INFP IEI is what strikes me since you are quite introverted alone and stay in your room and emotional stuff seems to lock you in. INFJ are probably what I would call high functioning introverted depressives. We still get stuff done and get out of emotional ruts. You said you have blow up moments which is more common for INFP And you fit the artistic creative INFP/IEI

You are so much the embodiment of my INFP cousin. Getting her out of her room for a walk that's not on her terms is extremely difficult to achieve lol. But I have always tried.
    OMG she reminds me of you for some reason! Maybe I am remembering your video wrong. lol

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

OMG she reminds me of you for some reason! Maybe I am remembering your video wrong. lol
    lol yeah since INFP and INFJ resemble each other in strange ways but INFJ are more focused on others; for example we are more focused on letting others talk and vent about their emotions while she's more annoyed by them. I think also since INFJ are "humanists" they look at moral values that exist in society so in my video i speak a lot about how other's external behavior towards other people upset me.

I think ESTJ really love the social moral aspect of INFJ- it reminds them of what "good people do"

Here's me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMAkzRoiDjg
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

lol yeah since INFP and INFJ resemble each other in strange ways but INFJ are more focused on others; for example we are more focused on letting others talk and vent about their emotions while she's more annoyed by them. I think also since INFJ are "humanists" they look at moral values that exist in society so in my video i speak a lot about how other's external behavior towards other people upset me.

Here's me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMAkzRoiDjg
    Thanks for sharing it Mari. You are so cute!

Since I have you here now I want to mention that the Armenian in my family goes so far back it only shows on my deep ancestry and on my mother's deep ancestry but it is still there. I will post my updated DNA in the other thread later.

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing it Mari. You are so cute!

Since I have you here now I want to mention that the Armenian in my family goes so far back it only shows on my deep ancestry and on my mother's deep ancestry but it is still there. I will post my updated DNA in the other thread later.
    Yes please share

My haplogroup is HV which is the Armenians found in Ararat and Artsakh region and as you know we are in war right now with Azerbaijan for recognition of Artsakh as Armenian land.
    -

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd roll with IEI for a while at least
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yes please share

My haplogroup is HV which is the Armenians found in Ararat and Artsakh region and as you know we are in war right now with Azerbaijan for recognition of Artsakh as Armenian land.
    I was sorry to hear about the war. I will post more in other thread.

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I was sorry to hear about the war. I will post more in other thread.
    -

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG she reminds me of you for some reason!
    @Aylen, You have laser sharp vision.
    Last edited by khcs; 10-18-2020 at 06:29 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    @Aylen, You have laser sharp vision.
    Oh I wish you would tell my eye doctor that so I didn't have to wear annoying contacts. It is more like a, memory, or thought of something I have seen before. It isn't a conscious thing where I link people. It just kind of jumps out at me at times. I am not very good at VI though.
    Here is an example of the INFJ type that any ESTJ is happy to confirm.

Kendra is hot. She reminds me of a SEE friend who guys liked at first glance but then they were put off by her personality.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is more like a, memory, or thought of something I have seen before. It isn't a conscious thing where I link people. It just kind of jumps out at me at times.
    They are identical as you have pointed it out unconsciously.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall vibe Ni type, with irrational temperament

the way you describe how lazy you are, how you’re in a bit of a slump
    IP temperament, irrational type

not a bossy person, finding people that are overly confident charming rather than something off-putting or arrogant
    Se weak but valuing

being unsure of how to respond to a friend grieving and being offput by that, very genuine when it comes to feelings. dislike for group work
    Fe-devaluing, Fi valuing

being closed off from family & friends being off in your in world in your head, describing how you want your life to look in the future
    Ni-valuing

dislike when rules are imposed on you, but would like help with organization, u seem to like things open to interpretation
    Possibly Ti-devaluing, Te-valuing.

Possibly down to ILI or IEI, with ILI > IEI

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fireee View Post
    Possibly down to ILI or IEI, with ILI > IEI

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma SF with Fi subtype tentatively

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK, it seems we should take her age into consideration. She is young and had an awkward moment when she saw someone grieving and didn’t know how to respond properly and this affected her. I guess one could argue Fi valuing but why not belonging to a quadra whose memebers feel specially immature? I commented in passing on this minor maladjustment in some other post.

I know they are all in different quadras, but it's so hard for me to determine what I value.
    Some questions, it’d be great if you answered: with what kind of people do you hang out at school, find yourself talking to most naturally during recess, sitting next to in class? What kind of people do you want to approach but can’t figure out how?

You seem like a introvert in the classic sense, but with what kind of people do you feel you have the most fun with when you go out? What do you do?

TIM
    4w5 451
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    IDK, it seems we should take her age into consideration. She is young and had an awkward moment when she saw someone grieving and didn’t know how to respond properly and this affected her. I guess one could argue Fi valuing but why not belonging to a quadra whose memebers feel specially immature? I commented in passing on this minor maladjustment in some other post.

Some questions, it’d be great if you answered: with what kind of people do you hang out at school, find yourself talking to most naturally during recess, sitting next to in class? What kind of people do you want to approach but can’t figure out how?

You seem like a introvert in the classic sense, but with what kind of people do you feel you have the most fun with when you go out? What do you do?
    Most of my friends at school are these sort of academic, nerdy types, but I wouldn't say I'm the most attracted to them, we were just sort of grouped together by default The ones I find myself talking most to are those who share my interests mainly- I'm usually fairly quiet, but I remember being grouped with someone who knew a lot about a subject I was interested in during an assignment and talking a mile a minute, asking him all sorts of different questions. The ones who I want to approach, but can't are just that- after having a conversation with someone that I find interesting, I'm often left unable to approach them because I can be a bit shy and worry they may find me annoying or boring. I end up relying on them to initiate more conversation, which is how I ended up making a lot of friends in life.

I don't enjoy going out much, but when I do go out, I think I like people who can sort of gently bring me out of my shell while still respecting my boundaries and not being annoyed when I end up clinging to them all night

If it helps, the ones I'm least attracted to are the ones I perceive as "fake"- I can be quite a judgmental person in this regard, and can be a little elitist- if I perceive someone as better than me, I have to assume that they're actually boring and mundane to make myself feel better. It's irrational and very mean, and I feel a little bad about this, but it is what it is.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of my friends at school are these sort of academic, nerdy types, but I wouldn't say I'm the most attracted to them, we were just sort of grouped together by default The ones I find myself talking most to are those who share my interests mainly- I'm usually fairly quiet, but I remember being grouped with someone who knew a lot about a subject I was interested in during an assignment and talking a mile a minute, asking him all sorts of different questions. The ones who I want to approach, but can't are just that- after having a conversation with someone that I find interesting, I'm often left unable to approach them because I can be a bit shy and worry they may find me annoying or boring. I end up relying on them to initiate more conversation, which is how I ended up making a lot of friends in life.

I don't enjoy going out much, but when I do go out, I think I like people who can sort of gently bring me out of my shell while still respecting my boundaries and not being annoyed when I end up clinging to them all night

If it helps, the ones I'm least attracted to are the ones I perceive as "fake"- I can be quite a judgmental person in this regard, and can be a little elitist- if I perceive someone as better than me, I have to assume that they're actually boring and mundane to make myself feel better. It's irrational and very mean, and I feel a little bad about this, but it is what it is.
    Interesting. Two more: what kind of behaviour strikes you as 'fake'? and
    What dating behaviour do you see in girls your age that make you go 'I could never pull that off' because it doesn't seem like fun and you distrust your patience to go through with it or is not typically you?

TIM
    4w5 451
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Interesting. Two more: what kind of behaviour strikes you as 'fake'? and
    What dating behaviour do you see in girls your age that make you go 'I could never pull that off' because it doesn't seem like fun and you distrust your patience to go through with it or is not typically you?
    For the first question- it's hard to justify to me how I find someone's behavior fake, mainly because usually there is no real reason, but I guess it would be easier to describe it with an example- one time in casual conversation I overheard a girl making fun of the way I talk (the lisp mentioned in this video, lol) and even though it was gentle teasing, and wasn't even something that I would have minded had she said it to my face, I still felt hurt that she would say something negative like this when I wasn't around. From then on, I thought of her in my mind as a fake person.

For the second- I could never really be physically affectionate, especially if I am not as close with the person. When I see girls hugging boys that they've only known for a few weeks, I am shocked, because I can never even really do that to those I've known for years. In general I am not a very physical person, and respond awkwardly even to affection from my close family. I also get easily embarrassed by this.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@slowdive The fact that communication comes more naturally with ‘nerdy types’ as you wrote and you prefer funny people (when put together: ‘funny nerds’, in essence) as you said in the video would make me exclude Gamma and Beta. From Delta I would leave out IEE because needing to be gently brought out of your shell as you mentioned doesn’t sound very IEE superficially.

Alpha or Delta introverted feeler.

TIM
    4w5 451
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ergot View Post
    Taking on a different (as you described it - more extroverted, charming) demeanour when with strangers or winging short-lived interaction would rule out Fe Polr, in my mind
    meanwhile Fe creative seamlessly does so

A question I thought up was: compromise or consensus, are those priorities for you; does what the room prefers inform what you prefer?
    as in, you don't have a firm grasp of your inner sentiments until you hear out those of others?

my second question can maybe relate to studies: does an encroaching deadline (or whiff of constraints?) work to energise or get you fired up about a project that may have otherwise been languishing?
    For the first question- I do tend to compromise in favor of what the room prefers most of the time, but I usually have a preference in the back of my mind. I don't like to express it strongly however unless it is extremely important. So while I do end up going with what the room prefers, that isn't to say I have no preference of my own.

For the second question- yes definitely. My sister jokes that I only get things done when I'm motivated by fear of punishment