Thread: Type the Lynx!

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type the Lynx!

Howdy, lads and lasses. I'm assembling Y'all cause I've run into something of a conundrum. I've been studying Socionics now for a meager half-year. I'm taking to it quickly enough, but in some ways I'd wager starting fresh with Socionics, rather than transitioning over from many years of MBTI bollocks, would've actually benefited me. Right down to simple, stereotypical presumptions, such as Extroverts being a certain way, and such. As several of You likely recall, I originally typed EIE when I arrived here. Somewhere along the way of learning the ridiculous number of subsystems and such, I get the feeling I've made certain misunderstandings about, for example Creative vs Program function, the HA IE, thinking EIEs were all supposed to be super energetic drama queens, and so forth.

Not only have I since come to find many claiming that EIE literature is rather misleading (They're not necessarily hypomanic drama queens), but apparently EIEs are actually kind of serious on the whole, and that EIE-Ni's can in fact appear more reserved than IEI-Fe's, as well as people with strong internal doubts and tension. I had no conception of this being possible previously, thus I just thought "I'm not 'out-there' enough to be EIE", so having this bubble burst first hand was amusing. I was linked a large list of compiled typings on the forums, and, to my ignorant surprise, found that EIE-Ni people were far more inline with my own behaviour and appearance than the IEI-Fe's were, not only this but actually more agreeable in general. I do recall being told I VI like an EIE in Filatova's collection, and since listing myself as IEI-Fe I've been told by several people they think I'm EIE, namely @Karatos, who was the most ardent on this. If I appear like one, relate to them in video, and people are calling me one, it's worth investigating. Whatever my actual typing is will stand up to testing.

I may not be a D-IEI-Fe, a 'dominant' Introvert, I may simply be an EIE-Ni1 or EIE-Ni2, a reserved Extrovert. One thing that tripped me up was Hidden Agenda. See, the materialistic aspects of Se Super-Id block positions I never quite related to, but all the stuff about strength, willpower, energy, martial arts, etc, very much so. I have noticed I'm generally more aggressive, radical, and boisterous than most of the IEIs I see on the forums. It's particularly obvious in the shoutbox lol. For ages I figured the whole Dominant thing in DCNH was enough to explain it, but I'm not so sure atm. There's also a strong possibility that my Id block might be Fi ignoring/Ne Demonstrative (EIE), as the differences aren't that considerable, and alot of the EIE literature I've been reading lately is checking out.

So, below is a filled out, detailed Member Questionnaire everyone seems to use, photos and a video for VI, and some other details that may provide a fuller view to improve typing. A gracious cheers to all You insanely patient people that take the time to read this post

Questionnaire:

Member Questionnaire

What is beauty? What is love?

On Beauty:

"What is beauty to you?" or "What is beauty?" I have little interest in consigning beauty to whatever one's preference is. I have always sought a more ambitious, holistic view, to observe beauty as a manifestation, an echo, or rather a beckoning towards the highest forms, rather than something that happens to please me. I reject the notion that beauty requires an observer to effectively exist. Beauty is not subjective qualia, but the subjective experience is effectively peculiar to that individual. However, the mountain exists with or without us, and it's beauty is independent of our opinion.

Materialism is the (understandable) blunder of the deracinated spiritual orphan. Darwinian thinking leads one to the reductionist conclusions that distinctive (though possibly not exclusively) human traits--empathy, sympathy, laughter, self-sacrifice, love, innocence, imagination, the broad range of emotions, artistic expression, creativity, etc--can be relegated to survivalist pragmatism, and that the baseness of mere propagation under environmental pressures is enough, given an inconceivably protracted period of time, to gradually emerge such distinguishments. This, simply put, is sophistry, and a parlor trick for empiricists.

These distinct, profound gifts point to the Higher Order. Within mankind, the most superlative expressions of these profound gifts are where we find Beauty. The stirring chords of a classical string arrangement, the selflessness of martyrdom, the purity of a Mother's tenderness, the resonant harmony of reverent Chamber Choir, the symmetry and grace of the finest feminine form, the inspired artistry of Gothic architecture...

The ubiquity of the Divine's imprint is self-evident - the awe inspiring might of the greatest mountains, the immense depths of the ocean and it's mysterious lifeforms, the immeasurable vastness of Space, the aesthetic perfection of the perfectly captured moment of a photograph; all is Beauty. Conversely, animals do not 'express' Beauty, they are Beauty - the galloping Stallion, the Hawk that takes flight, the Wolf pack, the pouncing Leopard, the stalwart Stag, the incorruptible purity of a Dog's love; all is Beauty.

The highest forms of art are rousing, they compel us deeply; art that fails to compel anyone is itself a failure. Thus it is that we call the greatest accomplishments of art 'Inspired' works. Beauty is the coalescence of the sublime; the Divine, therefor, is the most essential Beauty, not an expression thereof, but Beauty itself, and the ground of our being.

God is found in Beauty.

On Love:

The quintessential Love is not merely attraction, affection, passion, accordance, sexuality, self-denial, nor generosity.

Dependents and Masochists are destructively self-denying. Attraction is often ephemeral. Affection, accordance, and generosity often precede Love, but they are perfectly suitable to mere friendship or familial relations. Passion and sexuality is often lost in the entropy of our time period, given away carelessly, even for a single night. The temporary release of a 'fling', the excitement of a 'crush', the dopamine rush of an orgasm with a stranger--or someone better-off left an acquaintance--palliates the loneliness of our condition; for those brief moments we succumb to the sweet comforting delusion that we are at one with something, until we are left empty, unwhole.

Where attraction cannot survive, Love endures. Where passion and sexuality wanes, Love is patient. Where accordance is broken, Love perseveres. Many have said that "Love hurts", but this is false, Love cannot hurt. To quote Liam Neeson: "Everyone says love hurts, but that is not true. Loneliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Envy hurts. Everyone gets these things confused with love, but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all pain and makes someone feel wonderful again. Love is the only thing in this world that does not hurt."

The quintessential Love is martyring, loyal, steadfast, passionate, intimate, sincere; it buries a body for it's spouse at 3am; it stays the course, where one loses faith and confidence, the other commits all their strength; It sees it's lover with no cynicism, it holds each other to the highest potential; it is mutually empowering and tender all at once. The strongest Love can ostensibly be confused for the petty possessiveness of insecurity. This is not so. Rather, it is territorial of it's incomparable bond, wherein 'jealousy' is, in actuality, a compliment.

The truest form of Love is a deep, reciprocal, profound inner harmony of spiritual and emotional catharsis, where two become one.

What are your most important values?

Loyalty - Both group and interpersonal, without which all other values and qualities of a man do not find expression on a scale that matters, for he is only one man. Treachery is the cardinal sin to me.
    Purpose - Without which there is no matrix where all other values find expression.
    Passion - Without which there is no momentum, no zeal, no urgency to the expression of all other values and endeavors.
    Perseverance - The resolve and willpower that pushes the struggling individual towards sublimation. Pity holds people back. Having the right attitude is half the battle.
    Strength - Both personal and organized force, without which we're all just waiting to be robbed. Without the use of force no values become precedence, and without the deterrence of the threat of the use of force, Order is impossible.
    Faith - Without which no other values will carry us through the darkest nights.
    Mortality - Without which all of man's passion and struggle would be redundant. This is why Tolkien's Elves envied Mankind. Without death, life has no urgency. Do not fear death, fear wasting the time You do have.

Generally, my intention is that my personal conduct is tailored to the broader good of the society/group. That is to say, if a behaviour is clearly unhealthy on a societal level, it is thus definitively foolish on a personal level, rationalizations being the convenience of our desires and ambivalence. Sin (involves) honoring what You desire above what You know is right.

This is less a matter of observing the present customs of a society, nor a matter of politeness, rather, it is about asserting what I see as honorable on a larger scale; it's not acquiescence to convention, it's acclimating myself and others to what I see as forms of conduct that can stand the test of time. Perfecting an honorable, unchanging set of conduct is extremely attractive. That said, the fact I don't always live up to these expectations is implicit. This is a matter of pursuing the Good, not just 'following the law' or simple niceness. 'Subjective' ethics are too ambivalent to the broader world for my liking. I am perhaps a hypocrite, however, as, if You go after my peers, then it's us vs the world and I hold no regrets. So, in theory, an eternal code of honorable conduct is alluring, but in practice, I'm extremely tribalistic.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

As a foster child of several families, I was raised in various Protestant denominations. In my late teens I fell away from Monotheism. I entered a typical agnostic inquisitive phase, wherein, once I had my own privacy and computer, I began to investigate other cultures and traditions. The world-denying passivity of Buddhism was a turn-off for me. The aesthetics of Hinduism were alien and disconcerting. The non-prescriptive borderline-formlessness of Shintoism was, as much as I appreciate it's aesthetics (and the people who bore them), lacking the structure and pressures that spoke to me. I found Ancestor Worship of several traditions highly attractive, but also too limited in scope. Confucianism's (scroll down for a video of me on this) social conduct and political structure appealed greatly to me, but it wasn't a strictly religious tradition, that is to say, it was not contingent on particular beliefs, and thus was simply a highly attractive form of social engineering (the reasoning of its caste system is deeply admirable).

Daoism was, for a couple years, the ontology that spoke to me the most, less-so for its gentleness, and moreso for the simplicity and clear-mindedness of its wisdom. It was effectively the Eastern equivalent of Heraclitus' wisdom. Like Confucianism, one can technically be a Daoist without having a mandatory set of core cosmological beliefs, and Daoists themselves would typically offer priest-like services to the processions of many local cultural traditions. From there I found Alan Watts, through which I was more formally introduced to strains of Pantheism, but the egocentric tone of it ("I AM THE UNIVERSE") never spoke to me, and it's ontology has always struck me as reductive, and largely grown in concert with the emerging modern sciences. For quite some time I referred to myself as an Animist, a simple acknowledgement than the animating force of Life is transcendent in origin, but this, in it's simplicity, failed to satisfy. From there, exploring and connecting with my personal heritage brought an interest in Ethnic traditions, so I rubbed shoulders with many 'Pagans'. I have a deep love for my lineage, but ultimately many of those same traditions were also the crest and trough of the wave of history, Catholicism becoming the next wave in that line.

Faith has always come easily to me, where to place it however has been fraught with doubt and uncertainty, and likely no small measure of pride. I believe in a Higher Order because there is no way that I could not, knowing what I do. If I were to lay that argument out here, this unnecessarily long post would--much like this bloody sentence--become far more unnecessarily elongated. Accordingly, the frustration of my aimless faith has led me to my current New Year's resolution: To find God. I attended a Catholic Mass for Christmas, and I intend to find structure and purpose to my faith. My Brother's faith inspired me to expose myself to the sacred atmosphere, and Chamber Choir music was integral in opening my heart; music is what stirs my soul. As I have stated above - God is found in Beauty.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

My opinion on war depends on the war, and furthermore is irrelevant. War has and shall always be. Do not learn to speak of it, learn to wage it honorably. This has been worked out for many centuries already: Casus Belli and Noblesse Oblige. Struggle tempers people. Struggle and plague is why European genetics are remarkably resistant to many diseases. Struggle is an opportunity to persevere. Friends and enemies will never not exist, anymore than family will cease to be. My father beat the absolute shit out of my as a child, for years, concussed me and split my head open (requiring stitches) at his worst - the most significant aspect of that entire period of my life was not the act, but my attitude. I never broke, and I never accepted pity for it, as I rebuke being held to that time, to be defined as such. I'm not a product of things 'happening' to me unless I capitulate to them, I am the potential I choose to strive towards, the spirit that precedes circumstance. Child abuse and predation is fundamentally unacceptable, but the world was not made to shelter us from tragedy, we must rise to the occasion. Self-preservationist anthropocentric thinking clings to life, but there are far worse things than death. Pain can be a beautiful thing, if we meet it with the right mindset. In pain, we have the opportunity to shed skin, to sublimate, and ultimately to become stronger.

Real power is the organized force through which externalities and outcomes can be controlled. Simple as that. There are many forms of personal strength, of course, but strength on a scale that matters is the essential power. The measure of a man is how he wields power over his subordinates. Hierarchy is too often crassly reduced to tyranny, but natural, ad hoc hierarchy is emergent, and an intrinsic element of humankind. It's usage and conduct are what matters, the nature of it's existence, not whether or not it exists. Again, Noblesse Oblige.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

My long conversations and interests are one and the same: Psychology, typology, history, music, philosophy, cosmology, nature, anthropology/genetics/heritage, certain media (films, shows, games), occasionally politics...
    Why? Because they interest me. Why do You prefer vanilla or chocolate? You just do. Also, an opportunity to share enthusiasm and bond won't likely be passed up.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

Basically none. I care about health insofar as food is nice, and I don't want to be a fucking slob. That said, I'd always like to take better care of myself, and should, but doing so for a future family's sake was always a hell of alot more motivating to me than just doing it for myself. My interest in the body is almost entirely Martial Arts related.

What do you think of daily chores?

They can fuck off, but I do what I gotta do.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

Films: LoTR, Hero, Gangs Of New York, Prisoners, No Country For Old Men, The Witch, Blade Runner(s), Road To Perdition, Master And Commander, Man With No Name Trilogy, The Revenant.... (tons of fighting and Chinese/Japanese films)

Shows: Deadwood, Attack On Titan, Dexter, True Detective (Season 1, mostly), Daredevil, Ghost In The Shell, The Wire, Metalocalypse, Cowboy Bebop, Trailer Park Boys.... (plenty of other shit)

Books: Not really a books guy. The Tao Te Ching was always my fave. If we wanna throw in lectures and audiobooks however, countless Philosophy/Religion/Psychology stuff.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

Pets dying, being betrayed, powerlessness in the face of wanting to help others, extremely heavy moments either IRL or in films and shows where empathy just kicks in, and seeing my friends and family suffer are all ways to fuck me up. I smile very easily, that's too broad to tackle. I smile at shit You're not supposed to smile at, like Beta ST flippancy. I laugh easily as well.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

Gonna rob my Bro's answer: "Among friends and family where neither my opinions nor sensibilities have to be guarded/hidden--particularly if it's because those opinions and sensibilities are shared."
    I'm both rather radical (by today's standards) and tribal, so belonging is very selective and contextual, and thus not easily achieved. After extensive exposure to people I love I feel almost high, gracious to just be alive and honored to have the people I do in my life. The more energetic the interaction, the more cathartic that outcome.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

Righteousness, pride, stubbornness, not doing enough with my intelligence, pretentiousness (cough look at this fucking post cough), and occasionally being overbearing. I dislike most of this about myself, but my resolve isn't "be less of myself" it's "find a higher expression for these traits in Yourself", but maybe that's that stubborn pride speaking.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

People have complimented me on: My command of language, my speaking ability (I won 4 speaking competitions in school), my ability to understand and see into/through people, my patience (I never really bought that lol), my warm supportiveness, how easily love and faith both come to me and are expressed, that I'm a natural teacher, and other shit, but enough bragging.

I like these things about myself, but people are sometimes too generous, as they are often seeing what they lack in themselves and overestimating it in me. Internally, I am a very doubtful person by nature, so having a clear sense of my strengths feels tenuous, not what strengths, but the degree of those strengths. I know my strengths, but not their limits. I'd like to actualize my obsession with martial arts more fully (I've taken a few things briefly, while living in certain places). I intend to further cultivate these strengths in my pursuit of Psychology and self-improvement.

In what areas of your life would you like help?

Motivation (in the sense of momentum moreso than encouragement in a verbal/emotional sense), more organized thoughts, keeping me intellectually on my toes, and I could probably use discipline with physical training (dieting, working out more, etc), as I won't be young forever lol.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Sure. Everytime I presume I'm a low energy person I realize I'm not once I have a day where I really feel in a slump. Also, having lived with give-or-take 20+ siblings growing up in foster care, I know from experience I'm not as languid as I might see myself on my own. I've been around legit docile, spaced out people, and they're a bit disconcerting. Getting out of the house more, getting a task done, soaking up some energy and atmosphere with friends, revisiting something I'm passionate about, or just riding it out for a couple days.... there are many ways to get out of a 'rut' for me. They don't typically last long. With regards to emotional ruts, venting to friends helps, refocusing myself and pouring my passion into something else fills a void, and alot of recovery is largely automated within me anyways. I'm an emotional dude, I have a taste for the anger, but I get over shit pretty quickly.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

Sour, humourless cunts. Nihilists. Selfish, disloyal people. Strident atheists. Moral relativism. Overly materialistic shit. Business trumping intimacy and family. People who discourage having kids. Infidelity. Shit, man, I could go on for a while...

Shit I like: The opposite of all that trash. Saying what I dislike is probably easier than listing what I do like lol. I get along with a vast majority of Betas I meet, most Gammas, some Alphas, and occasionally a Delta or two, that's just the way it shakes out.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

See the section on Love, above. Romance and sex cannot be separated for me. Without intimacy there is no sex. I have no qualms about saying one night stands are beneath me, I think it's a mindless cancer on our societies, and I'm happy I've never done such. I'm an intense, romantic man. Sexuality for me is the physical extension of intimacy, as You literally cannot be any closer to each other, and a physical, emotional, spiritual release, only for Your lover. Exclusivity is value. I require total devotion from my partner, and demand that they require it of me. I know how betrayal feels, and I'd rather not get thrown in jail for domestic violence, frankly. Basically, I'd like my partner to be an Se ego, ideally, and I'd expect them to be rather possessive and committed. Quality time together is more important to me than freedom or simple cohabitation. We should mutually strengthen one another, the dynamics of that depending on the IR. An affectionate, strong-willed woman who enjoys playful (sometimes aggressive) banter, wants to become a Mother, and intends to share a general worldview with their partner. Shared music is a quick way to my heart.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

This is starting to feel more like an advertisement than a questionnaire, but I'll play ball. The question for me of raising a child isn't "if", it's when. Public school is trash, particularly at the Secondary/High School level in North America, they're basically circus/prisons of hormones, a microcosm of a dysfunctional society, and fundamentally repressive towards the Masculine nature. I despised school, and floated my way through it begrudgingly, but now I get high 90 grades cause I'm not fucking miserable. I have no intention of my children experiencing the same. Home Schooling or a selected Private School would be considered. To steal my Bro's line again: "The public schools are poison for the soul and the love of money (especially to the exclusion of your folk) is the root of evil."

Alot of parenting is getting to know Your children as individuals gradually in-bloom, as they come into their fuller selves slowly. Generally, my aim would be to understand them each contextually, and help them cultivate their natural gifts. More generally, my children would be raised with a sense of their heritage, the civic nature of their society, pertinent elements of history and ontology, and I would commit to them the fullness of my teaching ability. As a psychologist in the making, mediation would likely fall to me, which I look forward to. I imagine by that time I will have a far more defined worldview and religious practice to share with my family. I want my children to have energetic outlets. Martial arts (self defense is certainly important), sports, academics, arts, wherever they find their strongest passion. Life without passion and purpose is mere existence. Particularly for males, society has relegated and cordoned off where it is acceptable to engaged in masculine activity, so providing full contact activities for growing boys is important. My children will know that taking shit from people is almost always a fool's game, as craven cunts will abuse civility to cut You, they will know many people need to be put in their place, and they can trust that I will deal with the fallout of whoever they offend. I despise how much bureaucracy and helicopter parenting has drained people of their virility and will. My children will know love, but they will not be taken advantage of.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Inwardly: "How do I minimize coming off like a dick when I pressure You to either explain Yourself, or argue my own point?"

Outwardly, I'll get them to explain their point of view and analyze where we may have common ground. I'm reassuring, but internally I don't tend to budge too much. I have no issue extending good faith to sound reasoning though, if they can argue their position well I explicitly commend them. If I think they're out of line or in error I can get rather overbearing at times. I'm loving, but pressuring.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

a) I'm Canadian White Male, from lower-class but grew up in foster care in middle-class homes. I'm a Psychology student, and an eventual author.
    b) People aren't a "whole", that's abstract and stupid. People are many microcosms of relations, and are a product primarily of heredity, followed by environment. There are too many factors that cause people to fall along a given fault line to address here. People are many different "wholes".
    c) We live in an age of deracinated, fickle, secular, materialistic, hedonistic entropy, and it must be reformed or violently overthrown. For example, pedophiles and child predators should be publicly executed.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

Pretty similarly to how I start relationships: Assess if we relate well, close distance quickly, get to know them deeply, 'share their world' so to speak, and if there is a bond there, they have a friend/partner for life, sufficed they don't leave or do something unforgivable. If Romance is involved then once that distance is closed I'm very forward about how I feel and what I want in private. I'm extremely "Sx" in instinctual variant, so high intimacy, and quite selective. I'd prefer to spend a majority of my time with a person I relate to very well than spreading myself thin across acquaintances with whom there is no consequence to our mutual futures. I'm generally a very deliberate person, but sometimes You just meet people circumstantially and things 'click' as well. Once I'm comfortable with someone (doesn't often take long) I'm pretty open and relaxed until they give me reason not to be. I can be forgiving, but once I'm done with someone it's over for good, and when I love someone, they have a lifelong peer.

How do you behave around strangers?

My body language is pretty rigid and haughty, I'm intense to the point that people seem a bit surprised once I actually start speaking to them at how warm I am. I had people in High School (those were dark times for me) tell me "Dude, I thought You were an asshole when I first saw You, but You're actually really friendly". I walk with a long-stride, wide-shouldered, chin up, I tend to look somewhat standoffish if I don't know someone/what they want yet, but I loosen up quickly enough once I feel their vibes. Not sure how much of this is typical of males that were physically beaten as children, or if it's type related.

When I was young and depressed in foster care, I didn't bother with people much, but since my life's hugely improved in the last decade my eye contact sky-rocketed comparatively, and I carry myself more confidently than I did in my youth. Once I've kinda scanned someone and I warm up to them I can be extremely talkative. When my ILI buddy and I went to Christmas Mass, he was mostly head down, looking at his feet, barely speaking to anyone other than me, yet he was the actual Catholic of the two of us. Being Fe ego is probably the biggest factor there, but he kept remarking at how easy it seemed for me to talk with people, wish them a Merry Christmas, shake hands, sing the hymns, and generally look up and forward and maintain eye contact. I guess Fe PoLR can be pretty extreme...

Video for VI:

I was 22 at the time (I'm 27, currently) so ya, my knowledge was in the process of improving, but this is a broad Introductory informal lecture I did with an old buddy of mine, as he wanted to do a series on world religions, and wanted me to host a few of. He sadly only found time and interest in doing the one, but this was the result. Obviously, I'm the speaker on camera:

Photos for VI:

So here's some outdoor shots. This was a road trip around most of Scotland (While I was living there), so my facial hair was shit, I was tired, and I looked disheveled:

Me Trip Forums 1.jpg

Me Trip Forums 4.jpg

Me Trip Forums 2.jpg

Me Trip Forums 3.jpg

Here's some indoor, more close up shots, at various ages and levels of shagginess:

Me Suit 3.jpg

Me Tartan 3.jpg

Me New 16.jpg

Me 24.jpg

Me Hairy 2.jpg

Me Profile Pic.jpg

Me Silly.jpg

Me Wink.jpg

Me Smiling.jpg

Me 1.png

Me in my teens:

Me Young 2.jpg

Me Young 1.jpg

Me as a 4 year old:

Me as a Child.jpg

Additional Info:

I'm an Enneagram 6w7 (The test results below is almost completely accurate), tritype 628 Sx/So Counterphobic.
    As my sig displays (for now, may change):

Quadra Values: Beta
    DCNH: Dominant
    MBTI: INFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7, 2w1, 8w9
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

Astrology: Gemini Sun, Libra Moon, Scorpio Rising; Scorpio/Pluto Dominant

I also typed ENFJ in MBTI on occasion, but always saw myself as more of an Introvert, due to aforementioned stereotypes. I'm an ENFJ in DaveSuperPowers (From Youtube) typology system "Objective Personality", where I'm an ENFJ S/B.

My Mother is an ESE without a doubt. My Father's type is undetermined, as I haven't seen or heard from him in 15 years.
    I have zero doubts about my Quadra values or Quad itself, I know I'm NF as shit, and I've read Delta NF types and they don't stick at all, but feel free to chime in whatever You think You see and we'll see if it catches on.

Any additional info requests or questions You may have feel free to ask!

My Enneagram Socionics Typology Results.jpg

Tagathon: @Oppai Anschluss @Myst @Karatos @hag @Adam Strange @Aylen @Muddy @PussyInASarcophagus @Samson @Volcana @squark @Varlawend @woofwoofl

"We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi, I don't think we've interacted before, but I have seen you around, and my impression (without having watched the video yet or having read your questionnaire) is EIE-. I always thought you were mistyped as IEI, though I kept my mouth shut.

The reason for that being that you have more of a creative vibe than than a creative one. You seem to teach your spirituality to others, in a way that seems "guru-sh". I don't mean this in a bad way, as being creative I have this too. IEIs' creative function manifests in wanting to smooth out conflicts, creative positive atmosphere, etc. EIEs creative function manifests in trying to teach others a spiritual path, whatever that may mean to the individual EIE.

Btw, is not a function that is easy to apply creatively, as in our society few people are willing to listen to someone who talks like a "spiritual teacher". I suspect you may know this latter fact from experience already...

EIEs can be unmaterialistic, in fact it seems they often are. Gamma is the materialistic quadra, not Beta.

That's all I have to say for now. Good luck finding your type.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol dude you look like they'd cast you in a Star Trek film. Nice tartan - reminds me a bit of the tartan of my surname's Scottish clan.

You already have some feedback from me, so I'll just drop my 2 about Se HA because I think the super id functions serve as relatively distinct indicators of one's type in that they stand out from the commonly used, conscious blocks.

How super id Se plays out in ITR is telling IME. Ni ego types tend to rely on others for Se needs, and Ni leads differ from Ni creatives in that Ni creatives take a more active role in persuading others to Se for them. For example, my mom is an LIE, and she employs her creative Ni to identify and draw out power, energy, and resources from objects and people. She has a good eye for what will last and will make sacrifices to invest in sustainable ventures - including what ventures amount to the most impact, payoff, or liquidity in the long run. As a Te lead, she prefers to establish binding obligations with people to ensure that they fulfill their end, and it's frequently done with a discerning sense of positivity and confidence on her part. In contrast, EIE employs lead Fe along with creative Ni to bring out Se in others, typically with an implication of dejection and negativism. I knew an EIE who told his friends that he was always short on change before eating lunch, with the implication that he was poor and lacking, and I footed the bill more often than not. I've heard stories about other EIEs persuading their friends to foot the bill as well. On the topic of dejection and negativism, I know an EIE who writes in her blog about how she hopes she is useful, so as an Se creative, this appears to me as a challenge to prove that she is useful and establish a precedent that something can really happen. Ni creative types frequently come across like they want creative Se in their life - they tend to enjoy unexpected shock humor that comes from a dormant (eg. introverted) location. For instance, my mom tended to laugh when I nonchalantly said that random people walking down the street were retarded. I knew an Ni creative friend who would try and find ways to make me flip out and express myself in the most impactful times and most impactful places.

So to recap and make a relevant distinction here: IEI contrasts with EIE in that IEI shares the traits of positivism with LIE. Like LIE, IEI tends to see where things are headed with an overt sense of optimism, naturally placing trust and subconsciously expecting reconsideration from a negativistic source. In contrast, EIE possesses negativism, so they will tend to downplay themselves and the validity of information, subconsciously expecting validation from a positivistic source.

Anyway, I have a benchmark for how EIE tends to come across online, and you fit that benchmark more than IEI. I also recall you posting a song to hag about... expressing oneself? Passions or something. It really struck me as Ni creative with Se HA. More broadly speaking, that's also the role extraverts tend to play when coaxing introverts out of their shell.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    You look like Mufasa
    Irloling

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look like Mufasa
    LOL yeah true
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Ok, I gave it an honest effort to get past my biased opinion from first impression of video but you look and speak too much like my EIE-Ni sx/so ex for me to be objective. I recuse myself. My typing cannot be trusted.

Even your use of the terms "lad" and "lass" are words he used which I first noticed in chatbox but I didn't think it was worth mentioning until now . Sorry I can't be much help other than that. You speaking style is more passionate than sincere.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ication-styles

I wouldn't mind you as an identical though. I am not a gatekeeper in that way.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, EIE imo. I used up all my energy (introverted problems heh) for communication for now so I'm sorry I don't have more to say.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Yes, EIE imo. I used up all my energy (introverted problems heh) for communication for now so I'm sorry I don't have more to say.

I feel the same today. I am more drained than usual.

I did want to add this too since I kind of like their take on temperaments. I don't want to make two posts so gonna put here. To read their hypothesis first it is from here:

https://www.personalitycafe.com/soci...mperament.html

Now that we have established the concept of opposing rhythms for statics, it would be in our best interest to observe it in dynamics. As our example, I'll be using the EIE and the IEI, Mirror types.

Dynamic types see effects of things, they perceive what is affecting an object or situation (Ip), and they take action to affect something in their own best interest (Ej). Whereas with the Static Rhythms (Ij and Ep), where we saw order versus chaos in a simplified form, the antithesis here is taking action (participating) versus observing (spectating). You can not participate in something and spectate something at the same time; thus, Ej's naturally take the playing field while Ip's prefer to view the situation from an outside perspective.

Now, as before with statics in establishing order by identifying chaos, to enact change and to affect something, you need to observe how a situation is progressing currently if you wish to actually do so correctly. Thus, Ej's naturally rely on a creative Pi element to allow them to create change and affect a system. Let's take a look at the EIE.

EIE:

Fe Ni
    Te Si

The EIE's lead element is an Ej element, extraverted ethics. Thus, the EIE is concerned with affecting people and causing change in the social landscape, being able to influence people emotionally. To do this, however, the EIE, being an intuitive, locks into the internal rhythm of a person (Ni), their psychological state, how they emotionally operate, so that they can perceive the system and know precisely what is already happening in front of them. Then, they can take action and influence the person correctly and with great expertise. In locking into the internal rhythm of a person, however, the EIE unfortunately fails to notice tangible changes in a person that signify emotional states, and may not, for instance, notice how the clothes a person is wearing signify their internal state, nor do they actively notice how physically comfortable the person is, nor any physical cues of discomfort (though they are able to sense it psychologically through the analysis of their words, most of the time, they just don't recognize the physical signals), displeasure, or any other physical expression of emotions. Thus, due to the fact that they observe the internal rhythm and the underlying meanings produced by a person, they subsequently fail to notice physical, tangible changes in a person constantly, and thus build a sort of phobia around information related to it (Si), due to the fact that their use of Introverted Perception is fully directed at Introverted Intuition.

Now, to understand the other perspective of Ip sociotypes, we turn to the IEI.

IEI:

Ni Fe
    Si Te

The IEI, belonging to the Ip sociotypes, is concerned foremost with the passive observation of situations. Geared to Intuition, this passive observation is the cognizance of fluctuating, hidden meanings, and the internal rhythms of situations or things. Being an Ethical sociotype, Introverted Intuition is applied to the sphere of Extraverted Ethics (Ni-, Fe+) and is thus oriented towards perceiving the internal rhythms of people, the dynamics of the social realm (and even spiritual), and how people are affecting each other. Unlike the EIE, however, the IEI is unconcerned with actually affecting people so much as understanding people on a deeper, subjective level, how they operate. The EIE simply wants to know how people operate for the sole purpose of being able to affect them somehow (Creative Ni), the IEI wants to know how people operate just because, and so that the IEI can fully understand human nature, and/or the situation that is unfolding presently in the social sphere (rather than trying to affect it, Lead Ni). To help them understand how a person is operating, however, they must either do one of two things. The first way is by simply not acting and only observing a person, but this way is troublesome considering that the sole information supply is from introverted intuition. The other way it to step in and affect people and then to step back out and observe the person's reaction, so that the IEI will better be able to hone in on the internal rhythm and deeper psychological state of the person. Thus, while the Introverted Irrational IEI doesn't prefer to take action, when he or she does, it will be in affecting the social sphere and people, which subsequently means that they will entirely avoid situations where they must affect impersonal, logical systems by actions, as taking action in that sphere truly represents the opposing rhythm of Ej to the IEI.

EIE:

Fe - Affecting People Emotionally and Socially
    Ni - By [Passively] Observing the Internal Rhythms of People to Understand the Conceptual Situation
    Te - By Ignoring How Information Impersonally affects Logical Systems
    Si - And By Avoiding the Immediate Changes in the Observable World to Understand the Physical Situation

IEI:

Ni - Observing the Human Condition, Internal Rhythms, and the Conceptual Situation
    Fe - By Affecting People Emotionally and Socially
    Si - By Ignoring the Physical Situation, and the Immediately Observable Changes in Reality
    Te - And By Avoiding How Information Impersonally affects Logical Systems

Do note that, in this format, the failure in the Role function is the reason for the success in the Lead function, and the failure in the Vulnerable function is the reason for the success in the Creative function. It should then be looked at in this way:

"The LSI is good at Establishing Logical Order in the Chaos of the Physical Environment because the LSI Doesn't Notice, Concern Itself With, and Ignores Ethical Qualms and the Conceptual Chaos in the World of Speculation."

Success in personality, then, is determined by a sociotype's inattention to the problems of the Super-Ego block. If the LSI had to face Ethical Qualms, then the LSI would be unable to Establish Logical Order, as he must now not only organize things logically but ethically at the same time (which would get absolutely nothing done efficiently). LSI, while despising situations where they must categorize things as right or wrong, or realize the ethics of their own establishment of order, are concerned with how this establishment of order is and will be affecting people (Fe+ Seeking).

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jung wrote about Ni type being impressionistic.

The introverted intuitive's chief repression falls upon the sensation of the object. His unconscious is characterized by this fact. For we find in his unconscious a compensatory extraverted sensation function of an archaic character. The unconscious personality may, therefore, best be described as an extraverted sensation-type of a rather low and primitive order. Impulsiveness and unrestraint are the characters of this sensation, combined with an extraordinary dependence upon the sense impression. This latter quality is a compensation to the thin upper air of the conscious attitude, giving it a certain weight, so that complete 'sublimation' is prevented. But if, through a forced exaggeration of the conscious attitude, a complete subordination to the inner perception should develop, the unconscious becomes an opposition, giving rise to compulsive sensations whose excessive dependence upon the object is in frank conflict with the conscious attitude. The form of neurosis is a compulsion-neurosis, exhibiting symptoms that are partly hypochondriacal manifestations, partly hypersensibility of the sense organs and partly compulsive ties to definite persons or other objects. [p. 511]
    I think this is especially IEI-ish.
    You do not strike as one.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

most possible are: ESI, EII, LSI

my IR test may help

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look like Mufasa
    @sbbds @FDG

lmao I've been called this for years. Now I'm being called it on here too hahaha. There is in fact a history to this meme:

Me Yusha al Assad.jpg
    Last edited by Memento Mori; 01-20-2019 at 01:06 AM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the video.

I agree D-IEI seems right.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn’t ever call Confucianism a religion per se. It’s just often grouped and contrasted with Buddhism and Daoism. They’re all primarily philosophical and societal influencers if you look at East / South / Southeast Asia as a whole (excluding Buddhism I guess, and yeah there are some Daoist temples and followers too but not too many). I guess if you’re talking about historically when they had little sense of god or much other dogma it makes sense, but definitely not in a context any more modern.

Edit: Okay you did literally say this point in your video later NVM

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A heartfelt thanks to @Karatos @Uncle Ave @Aylen @Troll Nr 007 and everyone else for the laughs and the constructive feedback!

I've been digging through Gulenko's representations of EIE in DCNH. Dominant hits home in places, but is too over-the-top and headstrong to fit me - I'm more 'D' than IEIs, but D-EIE is basically me on steroids lol. Creative and Normalizing are a mixed bag, certain lines strike a chord, but Creative is too hypomanic and Normalizing is too compulsive, on the whole. Finally, Harmonizing most consistently encompasses me, with the person who knows me best actually typing me H, so I'm fairly settled with it. I can see how an H-EIE-Ni would mistake themselves for an Introvert. If anyone that took the time to read my onerous questionnaire or watch my video has an alternative case to present, I'd be grateful. Cheers!
    Last edited by Memento Mori; 01-20-2019 at 03:53 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree EIE makes more sense for you.

I wouldn’t have been able to tell just interacting with you over text. I decided it quite a ways into the video when I saw you swing your head and fix your hair like a lion, and the whole vibe just fits FeNe>FiNi>SeTe dimensionally more than an IEI’s and matches my experiences with EIEs more. Your whole dialogue on this seems to match Dialectical-Algorithmic thinking more too although it’d be hard to say since you seem kind of like an expert on the topic. Like your stream of consciousness is too forceful and constant to be IP>EJ. I think your handle on concrete facts slightly precedes the structural connections behind them (TeSe>TiSi).

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yulia Timoshenko would be EIE dominant. Not likely you. Normalizing example is Solženitsyn there are videos of him. I do not know really about that. I think you could even resemble ILI someways but that is the dialectical part. Anyways Gulenko's DCNH EIE profiles are available in some form.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    I think you could even resemble ILI someways but that is the dialectical part.
    I thought this too, but I thought the reasoning for this would have been just being Ni lead and similar.

I do think it’s a really close call. Someone would have to interact with you more face to face or over video chat IMO to really be able to say. @Luminous Lynx . At this point if you went back and decided you were IEI after all I wouldn’t object or be too surprised either.

What do you think about your ITR interactions with others?

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Yulia Timoshenko would be EIE dominant. Not likely you. Normalizing example is Solženitsyn there are videos of him. I do not know really about that. I think you could even resemble ILI someways but that is the dialectical part. Anyways Gulenko's DCNH EIE profiles are available in some form.

Mhm, I've already read over the four. This is the one that fits me best by far:

4. Harmonizing subtype (code DDH)

The Imaginative Mentor

Prototypes : prophets and esoteric interpreters/readers, like Nostradamus or Blavatskaya

A person with a very developed imagination, sees what is happening around in terms of fate or hidden meaning. Waits for an event or a sign announcing the beginning of change. Prudent and farsighted, can correctly allocate activities in time. Can wait the right moment. Inclined to pessimism which he prefers to call common sense.

Often interested in the unusual, mysterious phenomena. Often anticipates/guesses future developments. His well-being and mood change a lot. He is distrustful of information that does not fit his view of the phenomenon or person. Slow to make decisions, weighs in a very detailed way all the "pros" and "cons". Can hardly reach internal balance, so he is very annoyed and irritated when someone breaks his rest.
    Can listen to people during quite a long time, will give his opinion unobtrusively without providing any straight answer. Often mediates between disputing parties while they are trying to win him over, each to their side. Can preach two conflicting friends for a long time by explaining the position or the motivation of the opponent to each of them.

Tends to prefer measured and relaxed way of life. Undemanding but disorganized at home. Inclined to aesthetic expression in his writings or handicrafts. Pretty suspicious, is afraid of diseases and injuries. Can be minimalistic but appreciates a lot comfort and coziness. It is difficult for him to systematically take care of his health.

Likes to do many things at once. Moody and picky when having a choice, be it in clothing or in personal relationships. Unpleasant things are usually put off. Pretty unsure of himself, scared of being ridiculed or rejected. Critical towards their physique and abilities.

Spends a lot of time alone, while reading rare authors or listening to special music. At such moments his imagination shows him unusual events or archetypes. Often suffers from recurrent depression or panic attacks. Is somehow attracted by the dark sides of life.

On ILI - See the last answer in my Questionnaire, or frankly alot of answers lol. I'm not a T, and I know tons of ILIs. Also, I'm certainly not Gamma lol. I can safely and confidently rule out ILI on many levels.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There are ILI's bit like you. I don't mean it is your type but this could mean that your subtype has Ip tendencies thus it is harmonizing.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a mutual friend that is inescapably ILI, and they are very little alike.

Id Block

Introverted Ethics (Fi, )

EIEs generally refuse to conform to standards of what is acceptable and nice to say. Instead, they try to express themselves spontaneously — sometimes harshly, sometimes sweetly or kindly — not because that is what other people expect of them, but because that is what they actually feel at the moment.

EIEs understand interpersonal relationships and their own sentiments towards things and people, but they prefer to focus on the external side of these things (what happened, who said what and how they said it, etc.) and not dig around in people's minds or internal motives. They also dislike it when others express a negative evaluation of another; EIEs tend to view them as overly judgmental and closed-minded.

EIEs are usually hesitant about deciding how somebody internally feels about them if they aren't receiving expression from the person. If contact dwindles between themselves and another, EIEs frequently doubt that their relation is positive; if the person matters enough to them, EIEs can become overly consumed in trying to "solve the problem", and as a result tend to be quite overbearing.

Extroverted Intuition (Ne, )

EIEs can generate random ideas or come up with lots of crazy alternatives for fun, but they prefer to focus on understanding the development of a particular situation and not be distracted with possibilities that are outside that situation. Too much idea generation and focus on all the possibilities open to them actually disorients them, as they are already plenty scattered enough.

When experiencing deep stress resulting from a conflict, however, they become very doubtful about forecasting the likely unfolding of the conflict and start to use this function to imagine how events could happen. If resolution to the problem seems unlikely, or if nothing is being done to turn things around, EIEs turn to dark thoughts about what is likely to happen and become absorbed by the conflict (even if these negative thoughts are not very rational).
    Bolded are the parts that apply.

Super-Id Block

Introverted Logic (Ti, )

EIEs admire people whose thinking is clear-cut, unambiguous, and stalwart, who reduce the myriad of possibilities down to one single option. This is something they are almost completely unable to do on their own (they easily doubt their ability to choose right), but have a deep need for in other people.
    In conversation EIEs tend to go off on tangents when something is mentioned that triggers an emotional response, and they often need to be reminded of the subject matter or purpose of the discussion.

EIEs love to hear about information that their friends know. Talking about academic subjects, music, and movies expands the horizons of the EIE and gives them direction. The EIE is happy to simply be a part of the discussion of various subjects, while providing emotional input himself. The information just gives them a new reason to see their friends, and more things to talk about with them.

EIEs are happy to let someone else organize their schedule and keep track of their engagements and things to do.

Extroverted Sensing (Se, )

EIEs struggle with focus and willpower and have a need for something or someone that will focus them consistently and prod them to act despite any feelings of apprehension and doubt. EIEs know that they often need to "just do it" and often look for something or someone that will provide the impetus and make them "do it." EIEs are drawn to people who exude determination and resolve. People who are certain of their views and cannot be swayed by external forces are especially attractive. Such people are, in a way, the opposite of themselves.

EIEs can be brash and harshly critical during fits of passion, and they appreciate people who are not fazed by their ravings, but calmly stand their ground. If such people are at times angry and forceful with them, they take this as a sign that the person cares enough to be emotionally involved in their lives. In conversation, EIEs have a tendency to impose their opinions on others in a forceful way, especially when challenged by a point of view that conflicts with theirs. They dislike giving in to others when they strongly believe in their own way of doing things, and can act smug and arrogant towards people who openly criticize their viewpoints.
    Bolded applies, again.
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sit back and recite Dialectical Algorithmic which is very typical EIE and ILI but not so uncommon in LSE or SEI. It has been challenge for me because my mind starts to hop around towards new unexplainable directions so it looks like A->Z and needs to go back to refine previous steps.

If we set ILI-N as golden standard then Lynx is pretty far off the mark but not so much from some other ILI subs.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Luminous Lynx this made me irlol because they sound so human

Their voices are actually a bit similar to yours too LOL

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    @Luminous Lynx this made me irlol because they sound so human

Their voices are actually a bit similar to yours too LOL
    Beta Duality colorized

Lynx's are actually highly elusive, the odds of running into this are remarkable. They're very very fortunate. I'd be struggling not to spook them off by laughing myself into tears

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagined you doing that to yourself in a mirror @Luminous Lynx

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post
    Mhm, I've already read over the four. This is the one that fits me best by far
    the problem is that Gulenko's subtypes are a separate baseless typology which is not Socionics

your eyes have a lot of Fi and that is either Fi type or role

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real EIEs are often hyper drama queens. Like - almost daily. Gulenko swapped the quadras. His system is simply his own, not true socionics. His work among other typists is why so many get confused simply because he has been so prolific in twisting things around.

I could not access your video link to VI you.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Real EIEs are often hyper drama queens. Like - almost daily. Gulenko swapped the quadras. His system is simply his own, not true socionics. His work among other typists is why so many get confused simply because he has been so prolific in twisting things around.

How did he "Swap the quadras"? What has he "twisted around"? The only Gulenko I made use of was DCNH descriptions, and my typing isn't contingent on that, it was just an ancillary afterthought. People are calling me EIE, saying I VI as one, and I've even had a forum veteran PM me saying I'm a clone of her EIE-Ni ex to a spooky degree. If You can't access the video there's not much I can do for You since the only link I have to it is posted, and it's not my YT channel. In any case, cheers from contributing.

TIM
    ILI-N
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post

It's rather odd that you think Gulenko swapped the quadras. He directly mentions dramatism directly in his EIE description:

The EIE encompasses and manages a very wide range of emotional states. Dramatic emotions quickly turn into comic ones or interweave together, however, in company of strangers and unfamiliar people he can behave calmly and hold himself with dignity. Endowed with the gift of emotional empathy, can experience emotions of another person as if they were his own. Expressive in gestures, gaze, intonation, and other emotional expressions. A good actor or speaker. Continually reinvents and reincarnates himself in some style. Often aggravates the situation and welcomes the emotional strain that comes with this. People in his proximity may experience difficulty dealing with his emotional pressuring. He cannot find peace and serenity himself; overflows with negative emotions, which often leads to mental breakdowns.

You have an inherent poetic nature that you can express in metaphorical form, often dramatic, sometimes tragic-comic. You may have talent of an orator, who knows how to use speech to ignite many people.
    EIE's indeed have quite dramatic emotions in Humanitarian Socionics, and the amount that gets displayed would depend a lot on the subtype and functional profile (i.e. not as much or as frequently for an introverted one like what Lynx is identifying with). One of the key problems I see with Gulenko is that so much misinformation is spread about him and his theories, like that he swapped the quadras, or that he only lets you use some of the signed information elements, or whatever. It is important that we represent things as accurately as possible without putting too much of a personal spin on things.

I also reject such a simple distinction between true and false socionics. Socionics is a work in progress. Many theorists and schools have different takes on it. It is a very abstract discipline about a very complex topic (individuals human, their psychologies and their social dynamics). Of course, you have the right to choose which theorists and ideas you want to make use of, and if Gulenko's ideas don't work for you then that's okay, and you have every right to express that. However, what works for you isn't necessarily what works for others (their innate type differences and acquired life experiences may resonate with different facets of the hyper-complex transpersonal truth of Socionics that your innate qualities and acquired experience don't resonate with). With this attitude, it will be possible to have a more diplomatic disposition between different Socionics practitioners.

I could see Harmonizing EIE for Lynx. He seems quite engaging and friendly, while also having a somewhat daring and dramatic/epic edge to him as represented by his identification with "heroic death" and the Lynx. Somewhat pensive and identified with beauty which would be expected of a harmonizing subtype of EIE His other values also fit EIE very well as described in the questionnaire. But, I'm also always interested in other takes like yours vesstheastralsilky. Your comments about astrology are fascinating. I think that by comparing the different Socionics systems of different people, we can create an even more insightful multi-faceted typology that approaches people from many angles.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Varlawend View Post
    One of the key problems I see with Gulenko is that so much misinformation is spread about him and his theories
    the key problem with Gulenko is that his hypotheses and methods have no reasonable basis and should be mostly wrong as the most of such. then they are used as rationalizations of mistypings

also there is no humanitarian or martian Socionics
    there is just Socionics, parts of which have different basis to be trusted
    and there is heretical bs from different dudes alike Gulenko, 99% of which has no reasonable basis to be used. and 1% which is interesting as connects with normal theory (romance styles) or mb seen on practice (like with temperaments, which seem mostly be correct). in 2nd case it's not Socionics still, needs to be proved to be assigned to Jung's types, and better to be avoided in typing (for example, temperaments may not fit sometimes)

in this case, Lynx was inclined to think himself to EIE wrongly. his emotionality is very restrained by Fe standards, but fits to Fi ok and lesser to T probability. but EIE for him is just lol and seems a heretical nonsense could push him there as he ignores much of normal theory

TIM
    ILI-N
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    the key problem with Gulenko is that his hypotheses and methods have no reasonable basis and should be mostly wrong as the most of such. then they are used as rationalizations of mistypings
    All I'm seeing here is an opinion which goes without any justification. Gulenko has helped thousands upon thousands of clients who would disagree with you, and has written too many papers for me to count which lay out his views in detail. In disagreeing with Gulenko, addressing that is the key issue. Anything else is just meaningless boasting. I don't think simply rubbing our opinions in the face of one another is valuable because it doesn't lead anywhere. It's fine for you to disagree with Gulenko, but maybe this would be a better conversation to have in another thread and at a higher level of detail to understand where the disagreement is.

also there is no humanitarian or martian Socionics
    there is just Socionics, parts of which have different basis to be trusted
    Well, there is quite literally the School of Humanitarian Socionics, which is one of the most famous, prolific and trusted schools of Socionics in the entire world. I don't see the point of being in denial about this. I understand that you disagree with the conclusions of this school, but there's no point in trying to write Humanitarian Socionics out of the language; that just seems like overcompensation. The School of Humanitiarian Socionics quite plainly exists: https://www.socioniks.net/

and there is heretical bs from different dudes alike Gulenko, 99% of which has no reasonable basis to be used. and 1% which is interesting as connects with normal theory (romance styles) or mb seen on practice (like with temperaments, which seem mostly be correct).
    Heretical? I don't think Socionics is a religion or a church. Having a religious or cultish attitude to Socionics to the point of condemning people who disagree with some its theoretical conclusions as "heretics" is extremely counterproductive. I'm sorry that most of Gulenko's material hasn't worked for you or doesn't make sense to you, but this seems rather out of touch with the many people who do use it and who it has directly improved the lives of. As for so-called "normal theory" or "Orthodox socionics" (it's already sounding more like a cult or a religion there than the psychological and sociological theory that it really is), Gulenko has invented large portions of it, maybe even more than anyone else. It's most likely the case that he has a more accurate perspective on Socionics concepts that he has invented than other amateurs on the internet, though I suppose that isn't guaranteed.

in 2nd case it's not Socionics still, needs to be proved to be assigned to Jung's types, and better to be avoided in typing (for example, temperaments may not fit sometimes)
    You seem to presume yourself to have some kind of authority on what is or is not to be considered Socionics. Look, you can assign and reject anything you want to from that word for yourself. However, there is literally nothing you can do to stop people from using Humanitarian Socionics and from calling it that. Language policing doesn't work very well in democratic forums and societies.

in this case, Lynx was inclined to think himself to EIE wrongly. his emotionality is very restrained by Fe standards, but fits to Fi ok and lesser to T probability. but EIE for him is just lol and seems a heretical nonsense could push him there as he ignores much of normal theory
    I think Lynx should identify with what integrates best with him and his own worldview. He shouldn't be forced into the use of one particular orthodox theory on the internet. Socionics is a work in progress and while its definitions are very clear in some cases, people are still working out the most useful and accurate meanings for various concepts. This is a collective endeavor that needs to make sense to more than one person for it to really stick, which is why working together on this makes more sense than ridiculing each other and trying to force fit people into your own pet theoretical orientations that make most sense to you.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having watched your video, you remind me of that EIE who I footed the bills for. Similar mannerisms, similar overall subjective impression, and similar facial expressions in your still photographs. This guy was very popular among our mutual friends' group, and it should be noted that he was very close with the guy I told you about who reminds me of Oppai. He also semi-jokingly referred to himself as a messiah kind of figure, and grew out long hair as if to cultivate this image. So, I assume it's not a coincidence that after I interacted with you, memories of that guy started to surface for reasons that were more explainable once I watched the video.

You also remind me of this guy from another forum who typed himself as EIE in how you frame your perspectives. You synthesize POVs from different cultures and reference points to support your vision, finding common threads. Considering the persuasive element of Fe, the use of synthesis dovetails with some of Gulenko's EIE descriptions in that by finding common elements among a variety of value systems, EIE is apt at galvanizing individuals from different walks of life toward a singular purpose. Furthermore, you clearly pay a lot of attention to the emotional atmosphere as it relates to your audience (obvious mode of input/output) - Fe. Given that, in contrast with IEI, your intuition is more visible in how you articulate your message with DA cognition, it appears more like a creative function in that you employ it to draw people in, meaning that the Fe is lead and takes the front seat.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it when this kind of thing happens. It’s like putting all the puzzle pieces together and everything just *clicks*.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I love it when this kind of thing happens. It’s like putting all the puzzle pieces together and everything just *clicks*.
    Ni valuing.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I hear is Beta Beta Beta! Your video is the Beta NF analysis... I think you can relate to that. A simple question like "what do you think of this thing" sometimes can get into a long explanation, and even then what you say isn't enough. I think that's related to demonstrative Ne. Demo Ne is good at connecting ideas, in that sense. There's an Ne to Ni conversation in your video, which confirms ENxJ for me. The analysis is more Ti than Te. Overall, EIE makes the most sense.

EIEs love drama, that's true. But EIEs are also one of the most self aware types. The type has a lot of layers, and a lot of social masks ready to put on, regardless of the situation. It's mistaken to think all EIEs want is drama for the sake of it... That's not the aim.

Beta quadra embodies the spirit of rebellion and social change... And because of that, Beta types have an idea of how social systems are formed, and how the work. The things you talk about in the video are typically topics of interest for Betas.

As for VI, I don't think that Fe base types have the most expressive faces. What I do see from you is a sense of relaxed face and fluidity... Like you're ready to completely change the expression on your face into something completely different. There is a sense of deliberation to how you move as well, these are things I personally associate with lead Fe. I'm not sure how other people perceive it.

I thought the video was really interesting btw

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update! @Varlawend @Karatos @Aylen and everyone else who's been providing constructive feedback!

I've taken the daunting SOLTI-160, the Russian Socionics test (available in English). With a whopping 160 questions, and 5 options per question, this is the most thorough Typology test I've ever taken. In fact, I took the test twice, once while carefully thinking through each option, and a second time blazing through and answering on instinct. Interestingly, the results were barely different at all. Both times I scored EIE. My sole strong discrepancy with typical EIE results being I'm not as 'Rational' in the dichotomies, every other difference was slight, while also scoring more strongly in certain areas than typical EIE. The results are inline with the previous presumptions that my Harmonizing temperament makes me appear like an Ip temperament (as @Troll Nr 007 suggested) while nevertheless being EIE. I know tests aren't perfect, but I got EIE both times, and given the number of variables (160 x 5 options) surely this is a constructive indication. Anyone wanting to take the test can click the hyperlink I've provided, and feel free to share Your results.

My Socionics Test Results 1.jpg

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I know tests aren't perfect, but I got EIE both times
    You know the theory and have the predisposition to think yourself as EIE according to having this type in the profile _during_ the typing. This significatnly reduces the value of your result.

My IR test can't be fooled by this way.
    The only "constructive" way to be sure in your type are IR effects with people IRL, which obligately should fit good to IR theory during your monthes and years long typing and watching them. With any other approach - you may fool yourself easily.

You are more restrained than EIEs on this forum, for example. Compare yourself with them.

In your behavior to try to think yourself now a EIE seems is something personal. It's evident in your prejusticed behavior in this theme. To have personal in logical theme alike typing is not constructive. You'll do easier mistakes when allow emotions in logical region. Emotions will go away and the facts opposing to mistakes you'll gather, anyway.

I see many betas in your friends list. Seem this motivates you to suppose yourself in beta too. This should be common wish for base Fi types, - to tune to important people. It's not IRL communication, you know and deal with those people surfacely, no nonverbal to influence on your perception, - do not forget about this, IR effects are much lesser clear. In case of ESI, it's easier to deal acceptably with betas than in case of EII. Also some LSI possibility. Do not type yourself by surface offline communications and by 1-2 people IRL types if which you've assumed, - >10 IRL people would be more appropriate for IR check.

I do not perceive you as EIE. And you behave differently.

How did he "Swap the quadras"? What has he "twisted around"? The only Gulenko I made use of was DCNH descriptions
    those subtypes are not Socionics, but amy rationalize mistakes alike to think EIE mb softer due to "normalizing" this heresy may mislead you

other ones also used thinking styles by Gulenko to suppose you as EIE

> People are calling me EIE, saying I VI as one, and I've even had a forum veteran PM me saying I'm a clone of her EIE-Ni ex to a spooky degree.

it's opinions of random forum flooders
    and some of them mb predisposed to assign you to their beta quadra

noobs
    you play in types, instead of studing them
    Last edited by Sol; 01-23-2019 at 10:40 PM.

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know the theory and have the predisposition to think yourself as EIE according to having this type in the profile _during_ the typing. This significatnly reduces the value of your result.

My IR test can't be fooled by this way.
    The only "constructive" way to be sure in your type are IR effects with people IRL, which obligately should fit good to IR theory during your monthes and years long typing and watching them. With any other approach - you may fool yourself easily.

You are more restrained than EIEs on this forum, for example. Compare yourself with them.

In your behavior to try to think yourself now a EIE seems is something personal. It's evident in your prejusticed behavior in this theme. To have personal in logical theme alike typing is not constructive. You'll do easier mistakes when allow emotions in logical region. Emotions will go away and the facts opposing to mistakes you'll gather, anyway.

I see many betas in your friends list. Seem this motivates you to suppose yourself in beta too. This should be common wish for base Fi types, - to tune to important people. It's not IRL communication, you know and deal with those people surfacely, no nonverbal to influence on your perception, - do not forget about this, IR effects are much lesser clear. In case of ESI, it's easier to deal acceptably with betas than in case of EII. Also some LSI possibility. Do not type yourself by surface offline communications and by 1-2 people IRL types if which you've assumed, - >10 IRL people would be more appropriate for IR check.

I do not perceive you as EIE. And you behave differently.

noobs
    you play in types, instead of studing them

You are remarkably presumptuous. I have only ever typed two things ever, in any system. In MBTI I was INFJ, and later ENFJ. In Socionics I began as EIE, thought myself too restrained so typed IEI, and finally I was just typed by everyone in this thread other than You an EIE, so I've returned to my original typing. I haven't played in any type. My typing history is very consistent. I've been involved in Typology for 8 years, several years before I knew any of the people I do now, including my best friend who's a Beta ST. I didn't become Beta due to my friendships, I always typed Ni + Fe in every system, regardless of who my friends were (Yes, including IRL IRs). I can see why many are bothered by You, given both by how presumptuous You are, and how much You arrogantly think Yourself a superior authority on the subject, even discarding actual professionals of the field like Gulenko.

To be clear, I'm not offended by the idea of ESI. In fact, I adore ESI, I think it's a noble type, and LSI is the type I've gotten along with best over the course of my life (3 of my best friends since childhood). I'm flattered You'd see me that way, and being Se ego is an attractive idea, but I'm not an Se ego, Ne is not my PoLR, and so on and so forth. You're the only person who's seeing me that way, so if You want to call everyone else in the thread stupid be my guest, but I'm not going to disregard all their feedback. If it turns out I'm not EIE I have the humility to change my type again, but not until that occurs.

> People are calling me EIE, saying I VI as one, and I've even had a forum veteran PM me saying I'm a clone of her EIE-Ni ex to a spooky degree.

it's opinions of random forum flooders

@Aylen and @Karatos are not "random forum flooders". Your arrogance is genuinely comical.
    Last edited by Memento Mori; 01-23-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Luminous Lynx

IR test may give new info to your typing
    in case you did not do it still

I seems saw you before. probably ESI was in your profile earlier. I see ESI among most possible, so in case my memory does not give mistakes in this, - mb I helped to put ESI there

you should not choose the type because someone typed you there, anyway. you may understand it only by yourself by IR effects to be sure, with people of different types IRL. do not trust high to where you are typed by others. to flood veterans and noobs, especially

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seems saw you before. probably ESI was in your profile earlier. I see ESI among most possible, so in case my memory does not give mistakes in this, - mb I helped to put ESI there
    ESI was never in my profile lmao, You're the only person on this entire site that's said I could be ESI:

most possible are: ESI, EII, LSI

my IR test may help
    You also said this:

your eyes have a lot of Fi and that is either Fi type or role
    So yes, the only place I've ever gotten the notion I might be ESI (Or EII or LSI for that matter) is from You.

Finally, Your comprehension is really revealing itself. I'm not typing myself based on other people demanding I be EIE, If You actually read the OP I already was considering EIE, and wanted to put my typing up for others to test. I did so in text, in a lengthy questionnaire which I hope You actually read, in Video which I hope You can actually understand, and in static pictures. If You could listen to what I'm saying in the video or read my questionnaire, You may not be dismissing everyone else in this thread so readily. I have been told that You rely on the crutch of translation and VI to type people, and it really shows. You behave like Yours is the only valid perspective. I'm not really sure what more there is to say. Ramble on if You desire.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just ignore Sol. He can't even English.