Thread: Experiences with Superego Relations

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    It must not be forgotten that SEIs are part of the hysterical four (along with EIEs, ILIs, and LSEs). If you couldn't give yourself a reason to avoid them, now you can.
    I can see where unhealthy Fe would definitely look hysterical to outsiders and where unhealthy Fe sometimes is hysterical. I think I could be a good example of a hysterical person that tries to not let it affect my IRL life. So I don't sound hysterical IRL, because if I let people know how terrible I felt, they'd deem me insane.

I don't think specific types are hysterical though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    I can see where unhealthy Fe would definitely look hysterical to outsiders and where unhealthy Fe sometimes is hysterical. I think I could be a good example of a hysterical person that tries to not let it affect my IRL life. So I don't sound hysterical IRL, because if I let people know how terrible I felt, they'd deem me insane.

I don't think specific types are hysterical though.

Those four types belong to the "negativist" and "dynamic" groups, which are suspected to have a weaker nervous system. Thus they have greater difficulties to keep their cool (when their nervous system is under stress).
    Last edited by BaruchJorgell; 08-08-2021 at 04:58 PM.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, LSE, SEI and EIE definitely have a hysterical bent and trouble dealing with stress. Not sure if I have noticed in ILI though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Yeah, LSE, SEI and EIE definitely have a hysterical bent and trouble dealing with stress. Not sure if I have noticed in ILI though.
    It's harder to notice with ILIs indeed. When overwrought, they tend to hide themselves, in fear of what they might say or do while in this state of "madness".

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Great View Post
    I seem to irritate INTjs when I don't get whatever concept or idea they expound. Whenever I state the whatever they say back to them, (to make sure I understand), they'll be like "no, that's wrong" or just don't want to talk about it any further.

If we have a common interest (say video games), then sure, conversation is easy.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    The SEIs I talk about are the ones who fit the SEI description. If you think you are a SEI but you are just different from them you must be one special snowflake and I can’t wait for summer to come along.
    I don't think I am completely different from all SEIs in every single aspect of my behavior. There can be major differences in attitudes and behavior from people who are the same type is all. Some SEIs like my writing, and besides, my ex says I sound like some SEIs but he couldn't explain why so IDK... I am sure there are other SEIs that are more like me, if you find an SEI-Fe that is also 4w3 and self preservation last, then I think they will have even more similar values and behaviors.

I just do not think the definitions of Si base and Ne DS are any good, and I also believe we are not natural caretakers. This is just what I believe to be, maybe because I am unintuitive it is hard for me to understand without proper nuance, but it paints the wrong picture of SEI/ILE duality and SEIs in general. Even my ex believed that the descriptions aren't supposed to be 100% accurate and that they are just exaggerations and generalizations. Perhaps we do not have to fit descriptions 100% as descriptions can be misleading.

So far the signs point towards me being SEI, there are several people that are very convinced I am SEI, that I write like a SEI. What other type could I possibly be? I do not claim to be different from every single SEI, just those SEIs you mentioned...

Here let me be a practical sensor, What's the point of knowing Socionics anyway if it doesn't help me achieve anything or promote self growth? Or maybe I am actually deluded and don't understand anything about who I actually am despite having evidence from others and my past behaviors, maybe I have terrible vision, maybe I should just quit Socionics because I seemingly can't manage to want to stereotype myself...

I'm just one snowflake in a blizzard of a million other snowflakes...

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The "hysterical four"?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not an official designation. It's merely mine. It doesn't aim to encompass all the subtilities of the said types, but rather to underline a commonality. In a funny way.
    Last edited by BaruchJorgell; 08-09-2021 at 05:10 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed about the three things you mentioned. Adam's story fit me well except for the constant talking, I never turn down food offered and I don't care about doing a dance of pretending to decline until the host is forceful enough, and I have no problem taking seconds or the last piece of food on the table.

My experience with IEE was probably additionally burdened because her father was an LSI and their relationship was always very tumultous.
    Lol my SLE brother does that and it pisses my ESE mom off.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    What are their subtypes?
    I suspect my mom is Te subtype. I haven’t observed a strong subtype in my sister.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    My mom and sister are both ILI (my superego). I refuse to get in the car with my sister because of how she reacts to the stress of driving. Last time we drove somewhere she started screaming and pounding on the steering wheel because we were late and couldn’t find parking lol. My mom is highly irritable and lashes out in anger. I cry very easily when I’m stressed. On a side note, we all startle very easily which I read was a sign of an overly responsive nervous system. “The hysterical four” is a funny observation btw.
    A family full of Ip's...

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    That's not an official designation. It's merely mine. It doesn't aim to encompass all the subtilities of the said types, but rather to underline a commonality. In a funny way.
    The four said types do represent the four that have Dialectical-Algorithmic cognition, for what it’s worth

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    The four said types do represent the four that have Dialectical-Algorithmic cognition, for what it’s worth
    You mean the dialectical-algorithmic and yeah Gulenko says those types have the biggest risk of nervous breakdowns. I have seen this in practice as well, you wouldn’t believe it first glance but the mildest most normie SEI can have a catastrophic meltdown and LSE head the statistics in repeat work burnout cases.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean the dialectical-algorithmic and yeah Gulenko says those types have the biggest risk of nervous breakdowns. I have seen this in practice as well, you wouldn’t believe it first glance but the mildest most normie SEI can have a catastrophic meltdown and LSE head the statistics in repeat work burnout cases.
    Ah it seems that everyday I learn that it’s literally biology that makes me loose my shit. Good to know that there’s a reason LOL

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Ah it seems that everyday I learn that it’s literally biology that makes me loose my shit. Good to know that there’s a reason LOL
    Nice to meet you. We Causal Deterministic types are total hard asses - especially EII's. In case you wonder, interrogation is our speciality.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would never have thought that LSEs were prone to emotional breakdowns, but now that I think of it, I think that's right.

My LSE mother would lose her shit all the time at the least provocation. I assumed it was because she was a violent narcissist, but hey, water is wet and wet is water.

I've always known that LSEs spend a lot of time unwinding after work, either fishing, or hunting and killing things, or fooling around with mechanical stuff and if it also kills things, all the better.

I guess this sheds some light on why they need to decompress so badly.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-09-2021 at 01:48 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Agreed about the three things you mentioned. Adam's story fit me well except for the constant talking, I never turn down food offered and I don't care about doing a dance of pretending to decline until the host is forceful enough, and I have no problem taking seconds or the last piece of food on the table.

My experience with IEE was probably additionally burdened because her father was an LSI and their relationship was always very tumultous.
    I think the SLE was talking constantly when he first got there because he didn't know anyone and was nervous. I was listening to him sympathetically and he just opened up about his activities.

As the day wore on and he noticed that the IEE was being technically friendly but actually remote, he said less and less. But he and I continued talking, just less so than at the start.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think the SLE was talking constantly when he first got there because he didn't know anyone and was nervous. I was listening to him sympathetically and he just opened up about his activities.

As the day wore on and he noticed that the IEE was being technically friendly but actually remote, he said less and less. But he and I continued talking, just less so than at the start.
    This makes more sense, I relate to the fear of Fi with unknown people, but Fe makes it all better, and if I meet someone I can get into an engaging discussion with about technical matters it can go on forever. This happened fairly recently when I met an identical in work-related matters (delivered a new component to replace a broken one for a field test, driving past his home on my way elsewhere), and he was out when I arrived and his SEI wife invited me for a grilled meal with the family. Sounds very much like what you described except that the SEI (and their ESE family friend) were friendly towards me and it was a cool experience, took his self-built e-bike to 60km/h on the village road. My identicals seem to often share a reckless need for speed with vehicles and tendency to build and tune them ourselves.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234