Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IEEs what do you do for a living? Occupations and jobs for ENFps.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

Hell Yeah! Rock on brother!
    ERRATA: this applies to every other type as well.
    That's true, but I still think certain types are better suited for certain jobs and less suited for other jobs. To say that every type can do any job is true, but doesn't necessarily mean they'll be good at it or enjoy it and that applies for IEEs as well.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ERRATA: this applies to every other type as well.
    That's true, but I still think certain types are better suited for certain jobs and less suited for other jobs. To say that every type can do any job is true, but doesn't necessarily mean they'll be good at it or enjoy it and that applies for IEEs as well.
    Eh, I can only imagine that the one big aspects that would determine whether a type will fit in with a certain occupation or not is the type of everybody else around the person. But correlating types -> jobs isn't something I've really actively looked for, so I'm still open to it. What I will say for sure that is that the possibilities for any type's job would be fairly wide.

In response to "our weak can make it difficult for us to control an unruly class," I can imagine myself being pretty damn bossy if I get pissed around a bunch of little kids.

And as for "Also, our weak may make it difficult for us to explain something in concrete terms," I guess it would more matter how much I actually know in detail what I'm talking about. Like if I was asked a question about Japanese requiring concrete language I'd probably be okay, but if you expect me to speak about organic chemistry then I'll probably be stuttering the entire time.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Eh, I can only imagine that the one big aspects that would determine whether a type will fit in with a certain occupation or not is the type of everybody else around the person. But correlating types -> jobs isn't something I've really actively looked for, so I'm still open to it. What I will say for sure that is that the possibilities for any type's job would be fairly wide.

In response to "our weak can make it difficult for us to control an unruly class," I can imagine myself being pretty damn bossy if I get pissed around a bunch of little kids.

And as for "Also, our weak may make it difficult for us to explain something in concrete terms," I guess it would more matter how much I actually know in detail what I'm talking about. Like if I was asked a question about Japanese requiring concrete language I'd probably be okay, but if you expect me to speak about organic chemistry then I'll probably be stuttering the entire time.
    Very true Galen, thanks for your input.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take the organic chem topics!!!

To clarify what Galen is saying, explaining things in concrete terms is not a purely Ti trait. Sure, as Te-valuers with Ti-POLR, our explanations will lack a Ti-focus and thus could drive Ti-valuers bonkers because things might be "out of order" for them or something--I dont even know--but that doesn't mean an IEE isn't able to explain things in concrete terms, we just do it in a more Te-focused way. If anything, an IEE can be really great at figuring out where a student's confusion may stem from (getting to the "root" of the problem in a people focused way), and targeting that with an explanation. I do that all the time.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My IEE dad is a teacher and has become quite good at it. The students love him. He can act crazy with elementary schoolers and they don't mind. People like taking his college art classes because he's a lenient grader.

I had an IEE theatre teacher. She was young, blonde, and popular. All the students liked her. She put on great productions and was always majorly stressed the week before the show. The first year I had her, the class was being wild and she told them to stop. (It was Theatre 1, not the advanced class, which put on the actual plays and could get away with more.) She gave us all copies of a play and told us to type it out and return it for homework. So I did. I was the only one who did. Apparently everyone else knew she wasn't being serious.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    My IEE dad is a teacher and has become quite good at it. The students love him. He can act crazy with elementary schoolers and they don't mind. People like taking his college art classes because he's a lenient grader.
    true for me. But there are certain things i'm a big stickler for, namely interest in learning and giving decent effort (which includes teachability). If a student does both of those things for me, they get the highest grade (i have no reason not to give it). If I get the feeling they have no interest in learning, and/or they are lackadaisical about things they need to do, I will be less enthused about giving them a good grade. Doesn't happen often though. My grading tends to be a lot more forgiving than many others i know.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEEs what do you do for a living?

what do you do for a living? how often have you changed career paths and over what period of time? do you go back to doing some things you used to do after a while when it seems a bit "new" again?
    is there one dream job you'd like to perform or perform?

I'm just curious - really write anything here

when it comes to myself I am currently in the middle of a switch and over the course of the years either tried or considered many paths, am going back to teaching now, used to consider/study: business, languages (teaching, translating), architecture, arts... it feels like as soon as I reach a point "this is it" - there comes this idea that once I've mastered sth more or less it's becoming a bit boring and I am tempted to try sth new.
    Also, going heavily against my interests at some point (into business) felt like a huge waste of time - and even then I studied architecture/arts to switch from the business world I didn't enjoy.
    I guess my current stance is that I need to be following two differeing paths simultaneously not to get bored and stuck in routine, but also for it to make some sense financially (so one "main" goal and another part-time or hobby-like goal)...

I'm not feeling exactly consistent in writing today, so let me just say - IEEs please "spill"

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For myself, I have been completely unsuccessful at maintaining employment for reasons we've briefly discussed in PM. I've never been fired, though have had one mutually conclusive decision for me to quit. And the past 18 years has been spent researching and trying methods to help my daughter with some of her issues. So now I am facing a "switch" in what I do for a living, myself. Whatever I wind up with needs to have enough variety that I won't get bored, but also enough general understanding of what to do that I can automatically do parts of it, or at least easily figure out the next step. (This is because I'm also mentally/emotionally exhausted from the past 18 years.) It does have to be something I enjoy, that engages me, else I will become so demotivated that I'll eventually quit it. (I know this from my past attempts.)

The problem with having two jobs is coordinating their times and transportation between them. Otherwise I used to feel that that was the better option for me. Also something that doesn't get brought home to be worked on, so that off-job time can be spent doing my own things, like hobbies.

I hope you get some good answers from IEEs who've been successfully employed, or have at least found what works for them.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Whatever I wind up with needs to have enough variety that I won't get bored, but also enough general understanding of what to do that I can automatically do parts of it, or at least easily figure out the next step. (...) It does have to be something I enjoy, that engages me(...)
    this I really relate to, I feel the same. I enjoy variety and need of creative approach... but at the same time need to know at least the basics, cause "wondering in the mist" is sth I find stressful

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's an incompetent fruitcake living off of welfare, is what anndelise was trying to say.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    She's an incompetent fruitcake living off of welfare, is what anndelise was trying to say.
    Says the guy still suckling at mommy's money breasts.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Says the guy still suckling at mommy's money breasts.
    I might have felt bad if your stats were correct, i.e., less than a few years old.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might have felt bad if your stats were correct, i.e., less than a few years old.
    Oh kewl, so you're finally doing something with the extensive education she paid for? Earning your own money now? Paying for your own roof covering your head (or are you living in the apt she got you)? Feeding and clothing yourself? Wow, how nice it must have been to have someone helping you so much while you pursued your dreams.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-theticalanti

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    I guess my current stance is that I need to be following two differeing paths simultaneously not to get bored and stuck in routine, but also for it to make some sense financially (so one "main" goal and another part-time or hobby-like goal)...
    My mom is an IEE, and I feel this part really fits her. She's worked as a teacher now for 30+ years, keeping her full-time job while simultaneously switching hobbies around or switching things within her full-time job, changing lesson plans and trying new things. She got her Master's Degree, has taught college-classes some part-time, originally majored in Journalism back in college, has done lots of gardening on the side, home-improvement projects, likes going on trips to different places, and has put a lot of effort into raising us kids, etc. She likes hanging out with her girlfriends and her life revolves around people a lot. She's gone through lots of change, but has always stuck with the full-time, while not allowing her need for change to stop her from doing consistently what she needs to every day.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

While I don't have much job experience yet, I tend to get pretty attached to one hobbie for an extended period of time (skateboarding for 2-3 years, photography and cinema for the past year or so) - it's unlikely that I'd drop something that I've put alot of work into completely for the sake of a spur-of-the-moment idea. It's usually a gradual weaning off process followed by a period of stagnancy. I rarely ever thought of anything else when I skateboarded, and the same can be said about photography/film recently, although to a lesser extent.

There are times when I'll briefly think "oh, it would be cool to go into advertising/start a small business" and read a few articles, but I don't do much beyond that if it seems farfetched.
    Last edited by suedehead; 04-09-2014 at 09:23 PM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh kewl, so you're finally doing something with the extensive education she paid for? Earning your own money now? Paying for your own roof covering your head (or are you living in the apt she got you)? Feeding and clothing yourself? Wow, how nice it must have been to have someone helping you so much while you pursued your dreams.
    When the university you're attending grants you a full scholarship, there's really not much for your mom and dad to worry about on that account. The same theme follows in other aspects of life. But I understand how this might not be particularly comprehensible to you.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    While I don't have much job experience yet, I tend to get pretty attached to one hobbie for an extended period of time (skateboarding for 2-3 years, photography and cinema for the past year or so) - it's unlikely that I'd drop something that I've put alot of work into completely for the sake of a spur-of-the-moment idea. It's usually a gradual weaning off process followed by a period of stagnancy. I rarely ever thought of anything else when I skateboarded, and the same can be said about photography/film, although to a lesser extent.

There are times when I'll briefly think "oh, it would be cool to go into advertising/start a small business" and read a few articles, but I don't do much beyond that if it seems farfetched.
    You kinda remind me of myself when I was your age. Discovering and getting attached to specific hobbies and discarding farfetched ideas is right up my alley temperament-wise. (And I'm not talking Socionics temperaments specifically, but in general.)
    Last edited by Park; 04-09-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I gave it some thought.

Career ideas that I've considered/entertained within the past 2 years.

-Acting (for about a month)
    -Fashion design (on-and-off, never took it too seriously..just a vague idea)
    -Custom tailoring (for about a month or so..mainly as an internship opportunity. I applied at a few places and did an interview)
    -Modeling (pretty on-and-off for maybe a month)
    -Screenwriting (3 months last summer, took it pretty seriously. Was hoping to become a filmmaker for a little bit and considered doing PA work.)
    -Stand-up (for about a week)
    -Advertising (on-and-off, never took it too seriously)
    -Lawyer (for a day)

Hobbies that I've picked up within the past 2 years:

-Guitar (pretty on-and-off for the past year or so, although I've been semi-consistent for the past few months. Never had high-hopes for it, just something I enjoy)
    -Film (Past year...wanted to be a filmmaker at first, but I just enjoy it at this point)
    -Basketball (for a couple weeks, just so I'd have something to do after class)
    -Working out (On-and-off for the past 2 years with a few consistent periods every now and then)
    -Photography (Past year)

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When the university you're attending grants you a full scholarship, there's really not much for your mom and dad to worry about on that account. The same theme follows in other aspects of life. But I understand how this might not be particularly comprehensible to you.
    Oh, i comprehend that. Especially the part where you didn't have to work yourself to pay for it.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad you had supportive parents who helped you be prepared to jump onto opportunities like the full scholarship, and who helped get you setup for such things.

When I was first put on disability (not welfare), the State of Utah was willing to pay for a full four year degree for me, with a possible option for further. (They rarely paid for more than a one year certificate.) I have the cognitive abilities required, but I was still struggling with the disability issues and lack of child care for school time. It was the latter that finally forced me to quit the college.

So while you may get off on trying to put me down for having a disability and not having been supported enough to jump on the few opportunities presented to me, your actions regarding this say more about you than they do me. Especially considering you yourself had people paying for most of your opportunities instead of you being a fully self-made man yourself.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa, wtf @Park, that shit is very rude. knock it off.

The IEEs I know change their minds on what they want to do a lot. like every other day.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    The IEEs I know change their minds on what they want to do a lot. like every other day.
    hmm... what age range are they? If it varies significantly - have you noticed the older ones becoming more attached to one idea for a longer period of time (not necessarily of lack of other interests but rather due to life circumstances/ being "reasonable") than the younger ones?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So while you may get off on trying to put me down for having a disability and not having been supported enough to jump on the few opportunities presented to me, your actions regarding this say more about you than they do me. Especially considering you yourself had people paying for most of your opportunities instead of you being a fully self-made man yourself.
    You will have the credibility to make such statements when you get to know me personally as opposed to basing your presumptions on a few things you've picked up here and there, not to mention your annoying habit of reading into things and making stuff up as you go. In the meantime, I don't think I can take you very seriously.
    Last edited by Park; 04-09-2014 at 11:32 PM.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sniff melons at supermarkets so i can advise shoppers of their ripeness.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I have no idea where that just came from.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will have the credibility to make such statements when you get to know me personally as opposed to basing your presumptions on a few things you've picked up here and there, not to mention your annoying habit of reading into things and making stuff up as you go. In the meantime, I don't think I can take you very seriously.
    Much of what I know of you came from our numerous personal emails, off forum chats, and a voice conversation which were regularly exchanged over a number of months in 2009.
    Since then I've kept a random eye on some of your posts to see how much might have changed since that time.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cough hypocrite cough:

(she didn't mention you at all in her first post. totally unprovoked. You're being stupid.)

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for all the answers (especially those related to the OP so... @anndelise @Suedehead @William )
    @blackburry thank you for saying the things I probably should've said
    @Park I'd greatly appreciate if you set up a separate thread or took it to the PM if there are things not OP-related that you strongly feel you need to discuss with other members. Please don't derail this thread any further - I really am trying to learn and find out sth here by setting up this thread. However if you have some real life observations of IEE related to the OP - feel free to share

to anyone who comes across this thread - any more IEE career/work-related observations? pls share

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My apologies, aisa. IEE forumers you could obtain relevant firsthand information from include @Slacker, @Kim, @WorkaholicsAnon, @fen, @Raver, @CILi, and @Galen. Suedehead and anndelise don't belong in this group.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My apologies, aisa. IEE forumers you could obtain relevant firsthand information from include @Slacker, @Kim, @WorkaholicsAnon, @fen, @CILi and @Galen. Suedehead and anndelise are not IEE.
    I'll agree that Suedehead and anndelise are not IEE, but I don't think any of those other forumites are IEE, either; as far as I can tell, I'm the only Ti-PoLR around these parts

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Clearly View Post
    I'll agree that Suedehead and anndelise are not IEE, but I don't think any of those other forumites are IEE, either; as far as I can tell, I'm the only Ti-PoLR around these parts
    You're a unique snowflake CC, but let's not derail this thread any further, ok?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    You look so pretty in your avatar.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol you have a serious case of 'only >special snowflake< in the village'

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This occupation doesn't get ennough credit! There's nothing worse than buying a melon and than finding out it's either not ripe enough or too ripe already.

Also, melon sniffing in the dirty context appeals to me directly!

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I give up

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol you have a serious case of 'only >special snowflake< in the village'
    idgaf about being "unique" or "special"; at this point in my life, the more "normal" or "typical" I am the better

again, if I encounter other IEEs on this forum I will type them as such; I just don't want people to read your words (or the words of other wannabe-IEEs) and think they're the words of an IEE

honestly, if I could be any type, I would choose SLE

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was young I worked for a while for my SLE uncle in his software distribution company doing random stuff, mostly technical support. When I presented him my proposal to develop electronic books he became quite excited of the possibilities, but I eventually quit after he couldn't swallow me jumping from an employee position to partnership. The proposal was very fair: I'd make the books and my uncle would distribute them and we'd split the earnings 50-50. I still think my project then was far more sophisticated than the PDF scanned books available today, since it was a proprietary HTML format with interactive elements such as integrated dictionary, cross references, questionnaires for didactic stuff, etc. That's common content now but it wasn't back in the late 90s. I realized then that I'm too ambitious and independent minded to work for someone.

The second and most important rule about work I've learned so far is to keep my interests and work separate. This means, in plain terms, that working isn't about doing things you enjoy; it's about performing the activities that are useful for other people and that they are willing to pay you for. This is a difficult pill to swallow for IEEs in general because our independent nature crashes against the idea of being directed from the outside.

With this in mind I decided that my best career path was to become a merchant since it suits my personality well. I'm very good at dealing with people, responsible and honest, have a good eye for spotting opportunities and mastery on my work subject. So I spotted a market niche that suits my skills: deal on second hand laptop spares. There are so many models out there and so little new spares that the market is literally starving. So my job is simple: I find people that has a laptop with a problem (say, broken screen) they want to get rid of and buy it to take it apart and get spares to sell separately. I success because provide useful services to both ends: in one hand, I help people with no technical expertise to get rid of the stuff they have essentially lying around and in the other, I'm providing technicians with the spares and service that large companies are supposed to give. But also because I have large amounts of credit that I've used responsibly over many years that allow me to resist the fluctuations which are natural in my job. Most people want to see short term returns to their investments and that's simply not possible here. Some of the spares I've sold were sitting on a shelf for years for example.

I must say that I don't really make a lot of money but that's a bit misleading since my job leaves me with a lot of free time. This is, if we compare the ratio of time invested to money earned, I make much more than most people around me. The real profit is that this surplus of time with a steady income has allowed me to make further investments in significantly more profitable activities. For example, I've built my own metal working shop and plan to launch a new kind of CNC machine in the mid term.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idgaf about being "unique" or "special"; at this point in my life, the more "normal" or "typical" I am the better

again, if I encounter other IEEs on this forum I will type them as such; I just don't want people to read your words (or the words of other wannabe-IEEs) and think they're the words of an IEE

honestly, if I could be any type, I would choose SLE

Simply replace gay with IEE and we have your attitude in this forum. (It's uncanny how well you portray this apparent misunderstood downtrodden freak of nature role)

As for what I do for a living and to get back on topic. I suppose you could say entrepreneur, though small business owner or self employed would also work. I have an eBay shop and a under construction website in the women's fashion sector.... though I do cover a lot of ground within that sector. I am also working two days per week for a youth development project charity and I act as a mediator, advocate and case worker for educational matter for children with special educational needs.

My work thankfully is varied enough to keep me interested though I do loose interest in projects rather quickly unless I really believe in them. The charity work and casework and never tiring though because I do believe in those, the paid work is a lot harder for me as it's not where my heart is.

I also read a lot about dyslexia and asd's. I would ideally like to go into research in those areas with a view to implementing a new educational system that benefits all types of learners. A truly multi sensory approach and an early intervention emotional health program among others.
    Last edited by SyrupDeGem; 04-11-2014 at 08:38 AM.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    lol, I give up

WHat an awkward thread, reminds me of the bickering as to why I left the forum a while ago. People can solve personal problems on their own terms - emphasis on 'can', I suppose.

Anyway, my experience with IEEs is that it's more about finding their real passions and things they can feel useful in. That necessitates dealing with boredom and novelty issues. Although stereotypical maybe, they seem to do best when they can embrace innovation. Some are better with people and "personal touch" than others.

Growing I think is essential.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast