Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EIIs/INFjs resisting "invasions" and Se PoLR

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ij-processing really needs 'autonomy' to be effective similar to Ep although 'freedom' is more it's need; there's a nuanced difference between the two requirements. However, Ep-freedoms have been known to usurp freedoms of others more so than Ijs usurping autonomy. Now, Ip-processing seems to be based around maintaining various forms of 'security' and they tend to be the less likely to invade or start something although they will defend vigorously. Ejs usually thrive by invading the space of others, although they tend to resist invasion when others do it to them or when they have no 'control' over the agenda. All temperaments will resist invasion in their own ways for different reasons; it seems to be an essential aspect of ego.....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    i am a leader not can be. Motherhood has clarified that lol
    clarified like ghee
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    clarified like ghee
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had a couple of experiences whereby another party had made inroads into my personal boundaries to where I've felt suffocated and i think in waiting for them to come to this same conclusion themselves and to withdraw i found myself in a situation to where i had to act abruptly to rebuff the other party (not physically, of course). I assume this must have come as a shock or maybe even too overdone. Later i came to regret having made that long-overdue choice and i wish i were better at adjusting to the dynamics of the interaction as it happens, but i also think honestly that someone who is so jolly in crossing another's boundaries is also at fault so overall, unfortunate as the manner was, it had to be pointed out. I suspect this plays into Se polr.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    This is definitely an Se PoLR thing; I feel exactly the same way about control.
    Public displays of affection are certainly frowned upon where I live, and just talking in a loud or passionate manner, or dressing in a bright, bold way, may be enough to create unease. I see the fear of being touched as excessive and self defeating, and often despair at how quickly we are losing the ability as a species to digest any ideas and/or emotions which we find uncomfortable. You have to take a risk to fall in love.

When I look around, I see a people who are gripped by fear of darkness, prone to purge their surroundings of all that is immoderate, uncertain, and disturbing. This is the false Millennial religion of lagom, and "Netflix and Chill". In truth, to feel strongly, to have great desires and a yearning to act on them, is to live fully and be unafraid of the judgement of others...beware the temptation to emotionally anaesthetise yourself with drugs, vapid entertainment, and cliquish intellectual pursuits, as it is all just an attempt to avoid the possibility of suffering.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 07-20-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12