Thread: Self-typing instructions

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Self-typing instructions

Instead of taking tests for hundreds of times , or comparing between types or having the necessity to read a whole book for discovering your type were you could have been used that time for self development , does anybody have some good instructions that increase the accuracy of typing from the first time? ( or the second if it is necessary lol... )

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading a book is a good start.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Reading a book is a good start.
    Lol ok, but I want self-typing instructions

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can only type yourself properly if you UNDERSTAND the theory and each type. don't be lazy, mister.
    the book i linked you to is a good place to start.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no instruction, no one correct way to selftype. I never read a book on the topic, just stuff at random on a bunch of sites... I'm also sick of reading books. Read, chat, write, look for pictures, intuite bullshit, logic nonsense it doesn't really matter. The goal of the enneagram is to get in touch with a core fear and figure out how to grow from this, I find it to be highly personal and painful a path, of course others and books can help.
    One of the thing I prefer in the enneagram is the idea to explore and experience all types in order to develop the best of each.

The way I selftyped is kinda dumb, I saw a picture of the circle with each type represented by a little character and I thought I must be a 9. Why? no idea but I knew it. Tests gave 5 and I thought it was odd, but 5 is comfortable to me so I went with it, and the test knew more than my no-knowledge taking a random test, lol.
    I know I'm a 9 because it hurts and it helps. Perhaps it feels different being other types, idk.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone have better awareness he have a better typing than the others, I think meditation will help with that. Say like 10 minutes meditation before taking a test. Maybe it will help.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somnambulat0ry View Post
    heart types are restless in their sense of self worth and seek to understand/measure it from people around them, to avoid the pitfalls of shame. i loosely connect this to Fe
    head types use contingency planning and seeming infinite analysis to quell doubts/threats and secure freedoms. this brings to mind T. Ti>Te

I've realised just now that I barely grasp gut types.
    their desire to assert an agenda / express an inner sentiment seems Fi-bolstered. quashed authenticity/truth leads to rage.

My descriptions are flimsy, but it may help you to first identify a triad you relate to over the others.
    Something interesting i read a while back. it's just a silly simplification but here ya go:

Heart types seem instead of simply being
    Head types think instead of being
    Gut types act​ instead of being