Thread: Which type has it easiest

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EJs, LSE if have to choose one. Least would be IPs, male IEIs if had to choose one.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you hit the nail on the head with upbringing and societal factors being a part of this. I couldn't remember who made the comments about IEE, I just knew a couple people had and it had me scratching my head, even before I settled on this typing for myself. I was writing down some thoughts, but I don't really want to go into it or be self-revealing. Maybe enneagram does play a factor in this... and I'm not sure why women would have it so different from men in this typing. I just think it's a joke from my perspective, but any type is prone to having issues that could make it not so easy for them.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head with upbringing and societal factors being a part of this. I couldn't remember who made the comments about IEE, I just knew a couple people had and it had me scratching my head, even before I settled on this typing for myself. I was writing down some thoughts, but I don't really want to go into it or be self-revealing. Maybe enneagram does play a factor in this... and I'm not sure why women would have it so different from men in this typing. I just think it's a joke from my perspective, but any type is prone to having issues that could make it not so easy for them.
    You realize this reads as “I don’t have a reason”, right?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    You realize this reads as “I don’t have a reason”, right?
    "but I don't really want to go into it or be self-revealing"

I'm sorry I brought up thinking it was a joke, but I'm not lying when I say I don't really want to go into it right now or be self-revealing, you can read into that however you want

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    "but I don't really want to go into it or be self-revealing"

I'm sorry I brought up thinking it was a joke, but I'm not lying when I say I don't really want to go into it right now or be self-revealing, you can read into that however you want
    Well, it would be interesting to know rather than leaving it a mystery eventually. I know some other IEEs who seem to have tumultuous lives if they don’t fall into the stereotypical fem category. FWIW I don’t think you fall that far into this category (like with me thinking you could be a dual). I think you’re a rare exception though.

There’s one IEE guy I know who asked me to borrow cash even though he has two daughters, an older gf, and his dad is a doctor. It’s like... it’s hard to make your own life as hard as he’s made his lol, but it’s got to largely be his own fault. I’ve worked with him before too, so I know how much of an idiot he can be. He sounds a bit extreme but other IEEs I’ve known have had similar backgrounds and thinking styles. So that’s where my experience with them comes from.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I understand, and I know it was a shit answer that I wasn't sure if I should really post, but I thought it would be better than nothing. I'm just, in a bad spot at the current moment... but saying that feels like a cop-out

*edit* removed what else was here because that was also a lame response that didn't fit your story either. When I'm feeling more brave and lucid I'll try to add more explaining why I don't think IEE necessarily have it the easiest. I shouldn't say half of what I say honestly and I shouldn’t have made a comment if I didn’t want to explain some of the reasons for why I feel this way.
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 11-22-2019 at 03:24 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Probably those people who do not think about things with too much contradictory complexity in mind (which is my whole effin existence) because that leads to unsolvable mind states regarding everything.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

no type has it easy especially not any type alone; society types are supposed to be a group
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEIs

they can just be good at smth and be like "yay i can make money doing leisurely stuff I'd do on my own anyways!"

ofc they could also be a "Karen" and do pretty much nothing and still enjoy it?

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    SEIs

they can just be good at smth and be like "yay i can make money doing leisurely stuff I'd do on my own anyways!"

ofc they could also be a "Karen" and do pretty much nothing and still enjoy it?
    Literally every SEI I've ever known was broke AF. Making money and SEI should never be in the same sentence.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have seen SEI's who can make money without printing it. The downside is that they also spend it whereas I tend to accumulate it for nothing because spending is just boring and doing investments is even more boring and not caring of using gift cards etc.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The types are far from equal from the point of survival in society.

If you can make it through school with good grades without much effort, have interesting hobbies, have a good job and make money, social status and all this fairly naturally, then that's the type you "want" to be. Good types to be are LIE, LII, maybe ILE.

You want to be a type that has it easy in society and also has good possibilities of putting their strong functions to use and develop themselves.

SEI is probably the type that has the most problems.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    The types are far from equal from the point of survival in society.

If you can make it through school with good grades without much effort, have interesting hobbies, have a good job and make money, social status and all this fairly naturally, then that's the type you "want" to be. Good types to be are LIE, LII, maybe ILE.

You want to be a type that has it easy in society and also has good possibilities of putting their strong functions to use and develop themselves.

SEI is probably the type that has the most problems.
    Oof... society values stability and so does individuals. The day when I discovered that using native resolution in computer displays is close to blasphemy to coworkers... Having managerial tendencies is the best bet.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    Least would be IPs, male IEIs if had to choose one.
    Life is hard, but I refuse to be a victim

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Lol, I've welcomed what you'd call opportunities for learning and growth in theory, but I haven't actively hunted, and when I've been presented with them I haven't exactly embraced them.

ESIs have it easiest because we marry CEOs and sit on thrones of self-righteousnessness. You're jealous.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@squark you are not the kind of LSI I'm thinking about but many in that type thrives in a world via script. It makes sense if you want to have good untainted separate life outside of work for example (and then there are the ones that want to have something bigger in concrete world but even that daily routine follows a script). Good managers. Their weakness is usually in area of new things as things change and destroys good efficient routine and I'm not saying that they do not like to learn but too much blur can make them bit stressed out.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toska View Post
    I think temperaments taken into account corresponds with DCNH as well. IP(Harmonic) are often characterized by a lack of motivation and instability which would certainly make it more likely for them to have it off the worst. EJ(Dominant) being more proactive and energized grants them the ability to achieve a lifestyle where they'll feel more at ease. That said, I think IJ(Normal) tend to be the most characterized by complacency and indifference. They have a much more natural calm and collected approach to life.
    harmonising types also lack the energy to deal with real life. I think that many homeless people and people with disabilities are harmonising subtypes. there's a reason why this subtype prefers to use its vulnerable function.

overall I think it's a very complex question to answer. I think that you will have an easier life when your type aligns with the quadra values of your enviroment. right now the function Te is very valued in our western society, which means that SEI and IEI probably have a harder life than LIE or LSE for example, but that's of course a very simplified point of view. it also depends on the types of your family, if your own perspective is meaningful to the people around you. I think there are many factors that are unrelated to your type that determine whether you will have an "easy" life or not.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't have it too hard in life. I might overreact about some stuff, but no. Compared to other life stories, I think I had it pretty well (besides emotionally-unavailable parents but everyone has that issue nowadays).

My biggest problem is the fact that no one takes me seriously. And I do this to myself, in a way. It takes one depressing heartfelt rant or emotional breakdown for people to see that I'm not just the archetypal jester.
    And sometimes it's uncomfortable. Not annoying, just uncomfortable.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's obvious that there are lots of factors other than type that determine how easy or hard life will be. But type is still a major factor, and I assume that in this thread we do the basic abstraction of disregarding other factors and talk about types on average.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought LSEs. At least they seem to be the best at handling day to day life and don't get set back by Fi PoLR.

I can see how they often seem to have problems with big picture stuff, discovering their deeper fulfillment, or wanting to have certain types of relationships but not knowing how to form them.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    overall I think it's a very complex question to answer. I think that you will have an easier life when your type aligns with the quadra values of your enviroment. right now the function Te is very valued in our western society, which means that SEI and IEI probably have a harder life than LIE or LSE for example, but that's of course a very simplified point of view. it also depends on the types of your family, if your own perspective is meaningful to the people around you. I think there are many factors that are unrelated to your type that determine whether you will have an "easy" life or not.
    I agree and I share your point of view.

Environmental factors are more important than socionics type in that matter. You have to find the environment that fits you.
    ...or the Ej-type version: Reshape the environment in the fashion that it fits to you.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH it’s fucking exhausting being me LOL, but it can also be very rewarding sometimes. Definitely worth it but not for the faint-of-heart.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardest: EIE Jesus
    Easiest: SLI couch potato

I think this question only makes sense in terms of which type exerts the most going on down to which type lives in ignorant bliss. I don't think wussy types have it harder since they have strong duals, same with strong types like LIE having to deal with obstinate duals like ESI like @sbbds said. So EIE seems the most exert-y and SLI is the least.

Except @wasp calls SLI "the master" so maybe they're actually the most exert-y and EIEs are faker liar actors who aren't exert-y at all. Socionists need to make up their minds.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    I agree and I share your point of view.

Environmental factors are more important than socionics type in that matter. You have to find the environment that fits you.
    ...or the Ej-type version: Reshape the environment in the fashion that it fits to you.
    That applies to quadra openers, not "Ejs." (For reference: ILE, EIE, SEE, and LSE begin their quadras in the clock of the socion. Two of those are rational and two are irrational.) I would also hope everyone can reshape the environment to some extent even if they don't create one whole cloth.

TIM
    ESI 693 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EJs
    IFs

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whichever was born rich in a developed country
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Dem SEIs gonna conquer the new world

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    That applies to quadra openers, not "Ejs."

I'm not familiar with the term "quadra opener", is this Socionics nomenclature?

The original question itself is worded in general terms.
    So what to expect as answer? 42 … Maybe?
    Type is only one factor in this equation.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all depends on the values of a person and the values of the society you are living in. When your own values and abilities matches the expectations of the people you are dealing with then you have it easy.
    Money is also of value, but a value can be social status, e.g. being a member of a respected group.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not familiar with the term "quadra opener", is this Socionics nomenclature?

The original question itself is worded in general terms.
    So what to expect as answer? 42 … Maybe?
    Type is only one factor in this equation.
    The process extravert in a quadra is the first type in a quadra.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    The process extravert in a quadra is the first type in a quadra.
    I understand, but what the reason behind that?

Having it easy in life has more to do if you're willing to conform established rules and values of the society you are living in,
    going (activly) against these rules make your life much more difficult.

So a lot of people have to decide what's more important in their life: Comfort or personal values
    Or try to balance between of them.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand, but what the reason behind that?

Having it easy in life has more to do if you're willing to conform established rules and values of the society you are living in,
    going (activly) against these rules make your life much more difficult.
    Well, if I remember correctly you're german, right. In Germany yeah, it's extremely important - I'm Italian and always found it quite shocking during my 8 adult years living there. In some other places, you just go to work and then you can find your niche and nobody will care if you conform to estabilished rules (also, what rules exactly?) and actually having enough money for you and your family is the more difficult part.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if I remember correctly you're german, right.
    Yeah, you're right. I guess I mentioned that in a few posts in this forum.

In Germany yeah, it's extremely important
    The rules itself are less important, but for most jobs you need proper education and a apprenticeship certification exam (<- I had to Google for that term.). Otherwise you're rated as unskilled worker, with low chances to get a proper job at all.
    And when think about founding your own company, for some jobs... yeah, there is an catalogue of jobs... you need to graduate at a master school and obtain a master craftsmanship certificate first, to do this. (<- Had to Google that term, too.)
    Mostly to ensure high quality and safety standards at work.

But yeah, there are lots of regulations and laws in Germany. But some rules are pretty basic, such as the rules of economics – supply and demand.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Career-wise/Academically: LIE, Alpha NT

Socially: SEI, Fe-IEI

Romantically: SLE men and xEI women

Mentally: SEI
    Last edited by Averroes; 12-06-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    EJs, LSE if have to choose one. Least would be IPs, male IEIs if had to choose one.
    barack obama is male IEI tho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12