User Tag List

Thread: Lol....

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Lol....

Reader/lurker going poster. As far as my type goes I'm confused between LII or IEI with a very strong Ni subtype preference. My enneagram trifix seems to be 5w4/9w1/4w5. Into alot of video games, music. Next to non-existant social life lol.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hello!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am truly curious; if you joined in May and your first post is on the 14th, just how long did you lurk?

No one determines their type overnight oh young one.
    Everything interests me but nothing holds me.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I started looking into typology several months ago starting with MBTI. Eventually I started looking for something with more depth which inevitably lead me to socionics. I'm well aware that socionics is different from MBTI so rest assured I didn't "translate" my MBTI type directly to socionics. I've been looking into socionics vigorously for the past 3 months or so. At first LII seemed like my obvious type, but then ILI started to look equally likely. But then then that didn't seem to be quite right either with the Te valuing, and Fe, while it seems to be a weak function in me, I wouldn't say its my Polr. Then I went back with LII and as of now I'm really starting to consider IEI especially after reading about the whole mistaking yourself for your benefiary thing.

The only things still leaving me in doubt about IEI is that for one I'm an atheist and from what I heard most IEI's are very religious. I also don't care much at all about things like peotry/creating art, though I do greatly love to listen to calming/melancholic types of music and daydream. I also like atmospheric type of video games such as bioshock/dark souls/dead space. The last doubt I have about being IEI is that I'm not comfortable at all with unfamilar social situations, which I would expect that you would if you had Fe in your Ego. (I was "that kid" in school who would sit by himself at lunch). The relations with my family seem to suggest that I'm IEI. I got along extremely well with my LSI brother while with my LSE step-father, not so much. I'm leaning towards IEI with me being on the far-end of the Ni-subtype spectrum.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How are you with Fe?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    How are you with Fe?
    What does that even mean?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    How are you with Fe?
    Basically I like to fool around with people with I know well/am comfortable with, such as my LSI brother. With strangers I next to never take the intiative to start a conversation. I don't think it's issue with understanding what the other person is like so much as it is coming up with something to talk about. Maybe thats something more related to Fi I'm not sure. I try not show "pissy" emotions like crying, anger, etc. I won't hesitate however to make a sitiuation less serious and goofy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    What does that even mean?
    Either compare the set of info to society or to ones own ethics and values which is Fi. Fi taking in something personal would get pissy about things that relate to their sense of self Fe holds that at a distance. "It shouldn't bother ME that they are mad at me" as opposed to"ohhh why would they be mad at me?" Fe types can be a slave to spcieties norms as they don't strive to be within and hold own values they give that up as the typical tendency of extravert is to be without
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    The only things still leaving me in doubt about IEI is that for one I'm an atheist and from what I heard most IEI's are very religious.

Who is spreading such rumors?

Welcome.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to these forums, @Muddy!

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)