Thread: hotelambush questionnaire (Chakram)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default hotelambush questionnaire (Chakram)

Tell me about yourself
    I’m a human, I do human things. I was in the military for 4 years straight after high school and worked as a medic, I’ve traveled to a couple of countries on missions and generally enjoyed it. Left to go to school because there was a lack of opportunities and I wanted something more.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    I’m studying civil engineering currently. I started out in computer science and realized that I wanted to do something more related to the physical world, something where I wouldn’t be in an office constantly, but would have a split of office and field work. I enjoy solving problems and being challenged and find societies infrastructure related problems to be interesting.

What are your values, and why?
    Perseverance, loyalty, and openness are what I would say my top 3 are. Perseverance because it gives one the ability to work through anything and to achieve their goals against all odds. Loyalty to ones’ nation, cause, people, anything someone chooses, because it helps to move these things forward and into more prosperous times. Openness helps with progression as well, the ability to look at other peoples’ points of view and ideas and judge them for their actual effectiveness.

What else do you do on a daily basis?
    During the school year I mostly just went to class, the gym, and studied, with the occasional outing with friends. Right now, on summer break it’s basically the same, I wake up and go to the gym most days, read the news about companies, the markets, world events, read some history books, play with the dog, the occasional video game, netflix, go out with friends maybe once a week. It’s pretty boring being on break.

What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    The things stated in the last question are basically it. I workout to increase/maintain my strength and level of fitness and because it is fun. I read to learn about the world and things that are happening and happened. I only really watch a couple of shows on Netflix, which tend to be things that I have already watched and play multiplayer games where I can jump in and out at any time, because I don’t want to invest much time into them.

What do you look for in friends?
    I’m not entirely sure. One of my best friends is the kind of person who is always up to do things, he is much more spontaneous and better with people than I am.

In romantic relationships?
    I think I would like a fairly steady relationship, someone who is loyal, loving, patient and can joke around a bit, who wants to raise a family and primarily look after the children. A similar personality to Rita from the show Dexter I think I would get along well with.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    A lot of my past conflicts have generally been with people that are incredibly bad at their job and are lazy but have held rank over me so have tried to get me to do things completely irrelevant to the task or to do their jobs for them while I’m doing other things. There’s also this one guy in my current friends group who just doesn’t like me for some reason, he has pretty much never done anything with his life and I wouldn’t be surprised if he just lives in his moms’ house forever. Probably doesn’t like me because I tried to make him realize this.

How would your friends describe you?
    I have been told that I am intensely stoic and really hard to get know by a friend who I believe is ESI. They would probably say that I’m quiet, calm, don’t take shit from anyone, and am a bit of a loner. I've been told I seem like a dick at first but once they start talking to me I'm not really.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I do not like small talk, and generally need to see some purpose for socializing/ trying to get to know someone before I will attempt these things. For criticism: being hard to get to know, being a bit of a dick sometimes.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Work, studies, fitness. Understanding people could use some help, I also have a hard time knowing if I actually like/enjoy something or not, but that can’t really be helped.

What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    Shopping is a chore.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    To get a job in civil engineering first off, then start being able to invest. I would like to open a business someday, start a family. These goals were acquired over the years, and more recent changes in myself. I never really knew what I wanted until recently.

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    I would probably open a business, or find work regardless, and use the extra money to invest and donate to the community. Not working or finding some sort of active enterprise to focus on would be terrible.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    Can’t think of anything.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    Make sure it’s clean and well maintained. It’s just a part of living.

How do you behave around strangers?
    It depends on the situation. I introduce myself if I have any sort of interest/need in getting to know them. Then it just depends on how the other person is really.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    If something needs to get done then I will make sure both parties know what needs to happen and make it happen. I generally don’t get worked up by insults, but will respond if it is required, with either reason or insults back. If I’m attacked I will fight back and/or try to escape, it depends on the other persons intent and if they use weapons or not.

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.
    Not sure if this counts, but some people tend to think that their opinion is the only valid one and become so blinded with emotion when someone else suggests that other opinions or viewpoints are also valid and could produce better results towards some end.

What did you do last Friday?
    Pretty much exactly what I mentioned in the daily basis question.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi.

I get LSE from reading this. SLI could work too.

You repeat that you like to listen to different viewpoints () but that this also ties into whether or not those viewpoints are effective or "could produce better results towards some end", which is . So I'm gonna go with Delta, due to valued and and since you seem like you have ST strengths and interests rather than NF ones, and you seem fairly grounded and realistic, I'm going with Delta ST.

Can't tell if you're LSE or SLI though. I'm leaning more LSE as you tak about loyalty and steady relationships which seems more the values of rational types, not that SLIs can't value going steady with someone, but I associate this more with rationality.
    Last edited by Ave; 07-17-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also thought Delta ST. Not just from what you say and how you say it, but from what you don’t say.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    Hi.

I get LSE from reading this. SLI could work too.

You repeat that you like to listen to different viewpoints () but that this also ties into whether or not those viewpoints are effective or "could produce better results towards some end", which is . So I'm gonna go with Delta, due to valued and and since you seem like you have ST strengths and interests rather than NF ones, and you seem fairly grounded and realistic, I'm going with Delta ST.

Can't tell if you're LSE or SLI though. I'm leaning more LSE as you tak about loyalty and steady relationships which seems more the values of rational types, not that SLIs can't value going steady with someone, but I associate this more with rationality.
    Good analysis, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I also thought Delta ST. Not just from what you say and how you say it, but from what you don’t say.
    What kind of things do I not say that factor into it?

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    What kind of things do I not say that factor into it?
    You keep your answers certain, short, and efficient, so part of it is that you are not elaborating, interpreting, philosophizing, speculating. You focus on concrete things. You don’t emote. You didn’t say what you enjoy doing in response to the chore question, jk, sorta. You mention power dynamics a little, but you come off more independent-minded than power-oriented. You didn’t really analyze in an abstract way. So anyway I don’t see F on display, and I don’t see N, especially not Ni. Maybe comfort with Se, but not a focus on it. Not much Ti if any. Leaves Delta ST.

On the what-you-said side ...

I lean SLI > LSE. LSE still has Fe role and can for example appear to enjoy some small talk.

And LSE might not mind being in an office so much, whereas SLI appear to like to do a lot more hands-on or in-the-field things. LSEs ime might also have more to say about their home space than that they clean and maintain it.

The stoic and hard-to-get-to-know stuff also seems a bit more SLI. LSE is hard to get to know well, but not necessarily difficult to interface with initially.

You mention investing, which maybe isn’t quite the strong suit of Ni polr, and tho I’ve seen LSEs try it, they never emphasized it. You seem more Fe polr, again no small talk, stoic, “dickish.” Choosing “blinded with emotion” as a problem area in the misconception question implies possible dislike for Fe, too.
    Last edited by golden; 07-18-2018 at 12:54 AM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    You keep your answers certain, short, and efficient, so part of it is that you are not elaborating, interpreting, philosophizing, speculating. You focus on concrete things. You don’t emote. You didn’t say what you enjoy doing in response to the chore question, jk, sorta. You mention power dynamics a little, but you come off more independent-minded than power-oriented. You didn’t really analyze in an abstract way. So anyway I don’t see F on display, and I don’t see N, especially not Ni. Maybe comfort with Se, but not a focus on it. Not much Ti if any. Leaves Delta ST.

On the what-you-said side ...

I lean SLI > LSE. LSE still has Fe role and can for example appear to enjoy some small talk.

And LSE might not mind being in an office so much, whereas SLI appear to like to do a lot more hands-on or in-the-field things. LSEs ime might also have more to say about their home space than that they clean and maintain it.

The stoic and hard-to-get-to-know stuff also seems a bit more SLI. LSE is hard to get to know well, but not necessarily difficult to interface with initially.

You mention investing, which maybe isn’t quite the strong suit of Ni polr, and tho I’ve seen LSEs try it, they never emphasized it. You seem more Fe polr, again no small talk, stoic, “dickish.” Choosing “blinded with emotion” as a problem area in the misconception question implies possible dislike for Fe, too.
    You definitely seem to know your socionics well. Delta ST does seem to be the best match, with LSI the only other option I had been thinking of, as you say there doesn't seem to be much Ti, and I think Te is a good match for being in my ego.

I've been on the fence with LSE or SLI recently. WSS typed me as LSE because they said I seemed to have more of a focus on Te, but I could very well just be SLI Te subtype. Is there anything else you can think of that I should look out for that could point more in one direction or the other? Since @Avebury was leaning towards LSE as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crAck View Post
    LSI: Ideal partner (Fe, no?), love of working out because it's "fun" ("fun" from strenuous physical activity? SLI? whaaat?), work conflicts trend (aka "these people are stupid, I hate they have control over me" ~ LSI).

If I had t go further, I'd guess Ti subtype (more introverted + dampened Se).

edit: one more quick thing, re: his job: "I like solving problems" (it's MBTI but still, ISTP/LSI is "the mechanic"); "I like being challenged" (allows him to flex his Se muscle i.e. LSI).
    I'm not entirely sure what my description for an ideal partner falls under. LSI was the only other option I had been considering recently apart from Delta ST, but I seem to be more Te than Ti heavy, and for Si or Se, I'm not that great at self reflection, but I would say I have decent use of both of them.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crAck View Post
    I'll concede you certainly do give off an SLI "vibe". I do agree you seem more Te than Ti. I have very outside-the-norm opinions about "vibes" and types, though (I think DCNH indicates more one's "vibe", beyond that you can do your own research); perhaps because they are minority views they are wrong.

As for the partner thing, it definitely seems Fe-seeking to me, definitely not Ne-seeking (SLI). Ne-seeking to me, simply, is desiring someone who's "special". There is also an unsureness about one's own future ("am i doing the right thing - on the right path?") beyond partner-seeking, which is utterly absent from what I recall from your post.

One more elaboration: Because, to me, DCNH is the obvious "role" one fits themselves into in life ("this is my job", essentially), there will be a lot of identification with xx type - not out of self-delusion, but people they actually are like xx type. DCNH makes true type identification a hard, confusing mess of a matter, and I wish it didn't exist (or I was wrong) - but that's a side rant.

I believe Jung said something like true type identification can take years/be hard. Jung didn't know of DCNH back then, but the logic is the same. Jung once mentioned a "dual-type theory" that by name seems to be the DCNH premise, but I'm unsure of the details Jung's theory as I've yet to read about it.

That said: If you do not have an interest in spending years on "type" (typology), if SLI 'feels' like a good fit - sure, go ahead with SLI.
    I've never really read much about DCNH but from the little I did, it does seem like a mess. It's taken me more than a couple years to narrow possible types down to a small selection, and the same with being certain of a path in life which might be why I seem more certain, at least for the life path part.

For the partner thing it could be Fe-seeking, or it could be those traits I picked are what I deemed special and eventually decided I liked. It's hard to tell for me.

I'm still open to LSI as a possibility.
    Last edited by Chakram; 07-18-2018 at 05:05 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me thinks SLI just because an LSE wouldn't waste their time with this stupid site (jk lol)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by naiad View Post
    me thinks SLI just because an LSE wouldn't waste their time with this stupid site (jk lol)
    "TIM EII"
    EII would not write that

LSE have values related to Socionics: Ne, Fi. They exist on psychology forums not lesser than other T-S types.