Thread: Curious to see what would happen...(Videos!)

TIM
    SEI-Si 946 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Curious to see what would happen...(Videos!)

Hey guys, I made videos! I know a lot of people think I'm a SEI on here, but I'm quite sure I'm INFP in MBTI and I showed my videos to a friend who thinks EII-Ne. So yeah, it's a debate, and I'm just curious how I come across in actual video. Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QyuORrCs1Y&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG-t...ature=youtu.be

Sorry if one is cut off, I tripped a bit and cut that part out. These were filmed 2 different days of course.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would probably also say EII.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Question 5 sounds like Alpha values, Fe+Ne valuing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SEI

TIM
    SEI-Si 946 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh, debate! Tbh MBTI function tests say I have low Si. I know the Sis differ a little in each system though. My MBTI friends say I have lots of Ne

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robobot14 View Post
    MBTI function tests say I have low Si.
    try Socionics 8-functions test
    http://www.aimtoknow.com/test_beta

also you may look at my IR test to suppose which types you prefer by IR effects

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I still think SEI and 9w1 are best fit after watching both videos. I don't usually want to type someone so young since they are still developing their worldview and learning more about themselves. Maybe you can say more on what you feel makes you an Fi lead instead of an Si lead? You don't have to do it on video.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ha, I think SEI is very plausible.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEI-Si 946 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I still think SEI and 9w1 are best fit after watching both videos. I don't usually want to type someone so young since they are still developing their worldview and learning more about themselves. Maybe you can say more on what you feel makes you an Fi lead instead of an Si lead? You don't have to do it on video.
    In just socionics or MBTI too? I do relate more to socionics Si than MBTI Si(don't care much about traditions, bad with details, dislike routine, generally prefer new experiences to old unless I feel nostalgic about it). I do relate to the Si's liking food and aesthetics and stuff. But yeah, all my MBTI buds see lots of Ne. Me being imaginative, liking new things, being very curious, me thinking about lots of possibilities. I'm pretty good with patterns and symbols too. Although I will admit I got confused between Fe and Fi for awhile. I think it's because 9s like harmony and Fe users like harmony. I know I'm more of an introvert, and my feeling definitely looks introverted(maybe not to you). I usually don't show a ton of feeling? I'm the one trying the keep calm at least. I try to be polite and stuff, but I don't care too much about social norms. I am pretty relaxed about most of my beliefs which made me wonder if I had Fi or not since they're supposed to have strong values, but I'm an individualist.

What do you guys think my MBTI is if I'm a SEI? I know it can apply to both ISFJs and ISFPs

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What do you guys think my MBTI is if I'm a SEI? I know it can apply to both ISFJs and ISFPs
    My advice is to forget that MBTI exists and just learn Socionics.

TIM
    SEI-Si 946 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    My advice is to forget that MBTI exists and just learn Socionics.
    Okie dokie. So you say I value Ne and Fe, what have you narrowed things down to? Assuming you did

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Okie dokie. So you say I value Ne and Fe, what have you narrowed things down to? Assuming you did
    I still think you are an SEI, from your previous posts and this new information. Gamma and Delta seem very improbable.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

In just socionics or MBTI too? I do relate more to socionics Si than MBTI Si(don't care much about traditions, bad with details, dislike routine, generally prefer new experiences to old unless I feel nostalgic about it). I do relate to the Si's liking food and aesthetics and stuff. But yeah, all my MBTI buds see lots of Ne. Me being imaginative, liking new things, being very curious, me thinking about lots of possibilities. I'm pretty good with patterns and symbols too. Although I will admit I got confused between Fe and Fi for awhile. I think it's because 9s like harmony and Fe users like harmony. I know I'm more of an introvert, and my feeling definitely looks introverted(maybe not to you). I usually don't show a ton of feeling? I'm the one trying the keep calm at least. I try to be polite and stuff, but I don't care too much about social norms. I am pretty relaxed about most of my beliefs which made me wonder if I had Fi or not since they're supposed to have strong values, but I'm an individualist.

Since you still are seeing things within a MBTI framework then I think it is important to point out that those things are not outside the realm of SEI. Socionics pairs SEI-ILE as duals so I would expect an SEI to be very open to those things mentioned. SEI have strong Fi which is vital to their worldview. It is a more complex system than MBTI and less complex than reading Jung, for some, so take your time and study it. Not many here will be willing to offer up an MBTI typing since it is not the focus of the site. You can't just convert especially if there was an error in the initial typing due to misunderstanding. You have to start from the beginning. Most people in MBTI took a test and never even read Jung or know the fundamentals of Jung or MBTI. They get their information through others (forums) who are probably not too well informed. I know that sounds harsh but still true. That doesn't just apply to MBTI either. It applies to most personality systems. You can ask for guidance but also check for yourself. If you want to understand go to http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...ikisocion_home then if you have questions post a thread and ask for clarification or others' perspectives. After reading the info for yourself you might decide none of of the types others have suggested are right and choose something completely different.

The following site is pretty decent for making the transition in thinking from MBTI to socionics. Think of it as a bridge.

The Timeless Power of Introverted Sensing

Introverted sensing is focused on the subjective impression the stimulus or object gives. When a Si-user sees an object or gets a sensation from the outer world, he absorbs an impression of it, a subjective recollection, memory, or symbol of the object. Carl Jung said of Si that it is “guided by the intensity of the subjective sensation excited by the objective stimulus, but one that is apparently quite unpredictable and arbitrary. What will make an impression and what will not can never be seen in advance, and from the outside.”
    It’s important to note that introverted sensing is not solely tied to past events. It also sees how the object or sensation can be used in the future. As Carl Jung said, “We could say that introverted sensation transmits an image which does not so much reproduce the object as spread over it the patina of age-old subjective experience and the shimmer of events still unborn. The bare sense impression develops in depth, reaching into the past and future, while extraverted sensation seizes on the momentary existence of things open to the light of day.”

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SEI-Si 946 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Since you still are seeing things within a MBTI framework then I think it is important to point out that those things are not outside the realm of SEI. Socionics pairs SEI-ILE as duals so I would expect an SEI to be very open to those things mentioned. SEI have strong Fi which is vital to their worldview. It is a more complex system than MBTI and less complex than reading Jung, for some, so take your time and study it. Not many here will be willing to offer up an MBTI typing since it is not the focus of the site. You can't just convert especially if there was an error in the initial typing due to misunderstanding. You have to start from the beginning. Most people in MBTI took a test and never even read Jung or know the fundamentals of Jung or MBTI. They get their information through others (forums) who are probably not too well informed. I know that sounds harsh but still true. That doesn't just apply to MBTI either. It applies to most personality systems. You can ask for guidance but also check for yourself. If you want to understand go to http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...ikisocion_home then if you have questions post a thread and ask for clarification or others' perspectives. After reading the info for yourself you might decide none of of the types others have suggested are right and choose something completely different.

The following site is pretty decent for making the transition in thinking from MBTI to socionics. Think of it as a bridge.

The Timeless Power of Introverted Sensing
    I do find this more relatable, I get impressions a lot and think about what things remind me of. Definitely more relatable than the typical Si stuff I hear. Thank you Maybe I am ISFJ!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi robobot14,

I'm going to echo everyone and say SEI, EII, and perhaps even a harmonized LII.

Have fun on the journey.

TIM
    SEI-Si 946 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    Hi robobot14,

I'm going to echo everyone and say SEI, EII, and perhaps even a harmonized LII.

Have fun on the journey.
    Can you elaborate on why LII? I know you're not quite certain, but I have tested that as that before

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFP most likely

maybe INFP

Do you relate to socionics Fe or Fi most

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

isfp

you like Ne

my LSE husband in listening to your interests says "she's all over the place with her interests and wants in terms of profession." The Te may jump down your creative throat honestly.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEI-Si 946 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moou View Post
    ISFP most likely

maybe INFP

Do you relate to socionics Fe or Fi most
    Got a closer look and hey, I relate to socionics Fe more! I don't know how well I influence people though. Their Fi sounds more rigid which I can't relate to. Could be a stereotype though. But yeah, I do try to make the place happy and can get a good read on people's emotions.
    Last edited by robobot14; 04-21-2019 at 08:53 AM.

TIM
    SEI-Si 946 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFP eh? It does sound like me, but I don't test as it much. Though I do get higher Se than Si on function tests, and I couldn't decide between ISFP and INFP for awhile.

Would you guys agree I'm subtype Si? Adam Strange says I look like one

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes please forget mbti as soon as possible. I know it can seem hard at first. Socionics is the upgraded version of mbti
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I would probably also say EII.
    Nope
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SEI-Si 946 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. The test Sol gave me said so though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ But I know tests are sketchy, which is why I'm here

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lol. The test Sol gave me said so though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ But I know tests are sketchy, which is why I'm here
    Don’t listen to his method. It’s not Socionics
    -

TIM
    SEI-Si 946 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Don’t listen to his method. It’s not Socionics
    Just to clarify, it's the 8 function one, not IR

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

In many ways SEI can feel like EII because they come off peaceful, self contained, quiet, sweet, calm. However imagine that all the time plus a sense of seriousness, and calmness a lot of the time. I think in comparison on SEI, EII are more serious and involved with helping their family and friends more, less selfish, if that word doesn't come out too negative. EII can be selfless to a fault. EII are attracted to SEI for the surface observations like "you're calm" we can be calm together "you need help with this..oh here let me help you with some ideas" With my SEI nephew who is also a gamer, I discover his interests and get him out to do something new. I will take him for to the car show and movies.

My husband says I'm not all over the place. I'm hard focused into one thing.

Yes the Fi makes me more judgmental. The observations of traditions also gets me to be more "intellectual" about the past events in my history; for instance I did my entire family genealogy; it involves interviewing people and placing events in history. I wouldn't see SEI doing anything like this.

Joking and flirting are probably things I don't do very well as I am quite restrained and serious. SEI reduce psychological distance by way of a "" a flirtatious blink or joking.

On the aesthetic front; they can coordinate colors and dress well. I can be extremely gentle. I think of my cousin who trained her dog by throwing things at him and I was almost having a heart attack but she read somewhere that it was "normal". I was like "NO"

Other things I've noticed is that SEI don't need to stand out even through they are quite skilled at making relationships where as I tend to present myself in this manner "generally bestow on their teachers the most pleasant impressions with their excellent upbringing, by holding themselves with dignity and showing themselves in the best light, by their quiet voice, pleasant demeanor, and a good grasp of knowledge" that speaks of my Aristocratic nature and my belief that my interpretation of whatever I'm thinking of is the best one and only one sometimes.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-21-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    -

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You have lots of wielding Fe. Well, one could say that there are more expressive EII's (yeah there is some variety) but you would be way off the charts in that case and less expressive SEI's.
    In terms of the impression in benefit ring continuum
    -EII-SEI-LSI-ILI-
    I'd place you between EII-SEI while your native type would be SEI clearly not leaning towards LSI.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI-Si 946 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alrighty! Just wondering, what subtype am I? I think subtype Si sounds more like me, but you say I have lots of Fe, so

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Me thinks you are outta box: Creative sub in DCNH.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was also thinking that Creative fits you. My next guess would have been Normalizing because you seem Ignoring. But C fits better

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you indeed are SEI then the Creative subtype might explain why you typed yourself as an intuitive. Creatives can be said to be "intuitive" but thats a diffetent thing.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    If you indeed are SEI then the Creative subtype might explain why you typed yourself as an intuitive
    mistyping happens often. more among noobs
    partly muddy theory and methods leads to this. needs practice to reduce mistyping

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think that you are SEI-C. You touch your finger tips to each other, I noticed that one of my distant family member often does that. I think her type is ESE but she could be SEI, I don't know her very well. I wonder if it is an alpha SF gesture or just a mere coincidence.

TIM
    SEI-Si 946 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you guys!
    (Someone thinks I'm a EII again on PerC though..they see Si too, but lots of Ne)

Thanks for the DCNH subtype, but what about the basic Si vs Fe subtypes? I kinda dubbed myself as Si, is that good?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks for the DCNH subtype, but what about the basic Si vs Fe subtypes? I kinda dubbed myself as Si, is that good?
    forget about heretic subtypes
    try to understand between S/N in you, if you doubt still about having N ego
    you may use IR effects for this too

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This.

Thank you for mentioning that SEI are good with patterns. One of the reasons why SEI mistype as EII.
    @thehotelambush I wanted to tag you on this little fact and to let you know that even if SEI can do this doesn't mean they are using Ne
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-26-2019 at 12:40 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Also on the note of Fi being rigid... yeah serious and rigid
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you guys!
    (Someone thinks I'm a EII again on PerC though..they see Si too, but lots of Ne)
    They might be right about "lots of Ne", but that's not necessarily your type. All Creative subtypes have "lots of Ne".

DCNH is more accurate than the basic Si vs Fe, so you don't need them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fi helps me interpret human relationships and interactions. In examining people’s relationships since I was young I was able to build a categorical encyclopedia of what each relationship means and when I find an ideal relationship like that of between two friends I make statements like “this is how a great friendship looks” often time my LSE cousin is sitting next to me and she observes and agrees say “yes” this allows me to know why people act out of place and why their behavior is out of ideal expectations
    -

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you guys!

Yes, I think that you are probably SEI-Si.