Thread: ISFp/SEI and Ti Hidden Agenda

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISFp/SEI and Ti Hidden Agenda

ISFp/SEI and Ti Hidden Agenda

I did a quick search on the Ti HA of ISFps (and INFps) on the forum. The comments tried to explain it as resulting in a “fascination with secret codes and secret societies”, “a glorification of learning” and, simply, “a love for understanding”, in more general terms. However, I was wondering if Ti hidden agenda could have a more defined manifestation in this sociotype.

Where I think this hidden agenda would be more likely to make its appearance is in the area of the Social club, to which ISFps belong. That means that, although they can have a desire to understand many issues, they’ll be inclined to try to make sense of sensory and aesthetic information. Ti HA manifests as in inclination not to know, but to understand so it will look not for facts per se but for a presentation needing the right interpretation so that it can expand to the next level from where the next insight will flow and so on. So, depending on abilities and interest, this can translate into a person’s capacity to individually dictate an opinion on a piece of literature that has echoes from different schools of thoughts without having actually ever read on the topic or the possession of musical sensibility even if raised in a home where music played no part.

All in all a more integrated to type Ti HA than a mere desire “to understand”.
    Last edited by Rusal; 03-08-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEIs do seem to like exploring or experimenting with new things, ideas and or situations, but don't often have the motivation to step outside their boxes/ruts - they often need to be shown the way. They may want to experience more than understand but I guess experience could be considered a sort of practical understanding.......

a.k.a. I/O

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Deriving from pure vacuum.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    SEIs do seem to like exploring or experimenting with new things, ideas and or situations, but don't often have the motivation to step outside their boxes/ruts - they often need to be shown the way. They may want to experience more than understand but I guess experience could be considered a sort of practical understanding.......

a.k.a. I/O
    Add a desire to understand and this could also be said about SLI’s.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Add a desire to understand and this could also be said about SLI’s.
    Broadly, yes but they seem to have an easier time recognizing practical information. SLIs seem to have a hard time finding meaningful connection with others but deep down, they seem to want/need it badly so when they happen upon it, they tend to latch on - making them one of the more loyal types to the few while treating most others suspiciously and in a rather abrupt fashion........

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    They may want to experience more than understand but I guess experience could be considered a sort of practical understanding.......[IMG]file:///C:\Users\G50\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\cl ip_image001.gif[/IMG]
    However understanding leads to a more complete experience, so they wise up on their own. To use an example there’s a scene in Ivan the Terrible of Ivan speaking to a dead Anastasia in back and forth shots of him asking questions and her not offering an answer. Until she becomes the answer to one of his questions and the so far established logic is broken by the montage, and from this intrascene shift to inductive reasoning is that new concepts for the film are precipitated. This could be and example of Ti HA and why some SEIs can get labelled as artistic: they enhance the enjoyment so that it sustains their attention. Actually, artistic endeavours need this.