TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beautiful Home Decor

Post home decor that you like!

Here is a start. Below are all from the same CT house, and I love the whole thing. I love when I can find whole house decorations where I love them all, where there is variety and continuity. It's not all colors I would choose, but it is an excellent use of these colors. So here is a selection (from this page):

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bathrooms:
    Repeat is a wonderful design element. In this case, ovals:

I want to find a fabulous wallpaper for our little powderroom. Makes a small space grand.

Plenty of bathtub reading available here:

Lots os soft whie emphasizes great detail: Soft edges, that special border leaf tile, nice floor and counter. Botanicals.

The wallpaper here is a great touch.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Curtains that work

Curtains that work:

This floral looks great in this room. I favor this valance.

This room. These colors. The detail of the top ruffle reflects the look of the chintz. The slightly deeper yellow of the curtains than the wall. The yellow with the powder teal. The bit of gingham. The restrained use of chintz.

This fabric with this fringe - a simple detail, and so beautiful. perfect.

small print with colors that blend. They re keeping the print to a classic minimum this room.

I love matching the wall to the curtains. You "project" in your mind that the wall is soft like the fabric:

Chintz with stripes is a classic combo:

The light filtering through the chintz on the lighter green room is perfectly framed in the doorway of the deep green room:

This takes some skill but what a centerpiece:

This can be done on a tight budget:

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Entries and Stairs

Entries:
    This is a celebration of beautiful texture. The floors, the painting, the chest, the matt walls, the linen shades and the sheen of the black lamps, the velvet red upholstery. Beautiful texture everywhere, plus a great use of color (complimentary always works, especially when one of the colors is muted and the other more saturated).

Stairs:

These balustrades!

I like the artwork choice and placement in the stairwell:

It's the stair-riser detail I love here:

Window Seats:

Different!

This has matching curtains and wall, so nice. I love an unexpected mix of patterns that is also not too busy.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-22-2021 at 02:37 AM.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Ok enough trolling..... Anything with lots of light, modern but with character, not crammed, cozy, functional, with natural textures like wood and a good view. I like the northern european style a lot.
    Nice! Uncluttered but not over-organized, and yes, spacious, natural, light. It would be nice to find a designer who embodies this style and see his work. I'm not up on designers though. I recently found the glampad.com when looking for curtain ideas and it seems to be a whole site dedicated to the kind of decorating I like. (It's where those pics came from).

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer clean, minimal and modern furnishing with the colour and variation coming from books and various sentimental trinkets.
    ἀταραξία

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    this pretty much
    These : )

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, @SlytherinPower. Very modern, sleek, clean, high contrast, graphic.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Botanicals

Botanicals will always have a place in my decorating.
    Some lovely examples:

I never get tired of botanicals

Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-15-2021 at 08:05 PM.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dining Rooms

Many of the rooms, like these dining rooms are way to much for my small space, but I appreciate them anyway.

I love these round scalloped placemats. Controlled scallops are appealing.

I love murals. I plan to paint on in our stairwell. Misty layers of landscape.

I love this. The crystal chandelier, and powder blue seat covers with scallops - but not too feminine! And a mural, the kind I love, with a lot of sky and trees, so this room has it all.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-22-2021 at 02:53 AM.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@asd, would this do for a view?

It is Jackson Lake Lodge, Grand Teton National Park. (I haven't been there; your post made me think of it so I looked it up).

Beautiful Tetons: a treat for you!

Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-15-2021 at 09:45 PM.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason yes the windows are beautiful but I really wish there weren't as many people around

this is a porch but:

i love the dark colors but don't particularly care for the sleek, modern look

The second one is really pretty imo!

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason yes the windows are beautiful but I really wish there weren't as many people around

this is a porch but:

i love the dark colors but don't particularly care for the sleek, modern look

Oh, wow, those are amazing! Really they even trump the lodge ones. A-maz-ing. So sometime it would be nice to see the interiors you like, even if you can't find one with amazing windows with amazing views like these. personally I love Adirondack style, but i particularly like the Adirondacks so that fits.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More clear bold colors and modern graphic design from @SlytherinPower!

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kitchens and Pantries

Kitchens:

I love these colors! Rich wood, muted powder teal. bit of brass. Love it. I want to replace our old laminate counters with a gorgeous wood like this sometime. I love the sheep painting over the fireplace! Perfect! I love a fireplace in a kitchen, but that is never going to happen here in our little house where Lord willing we are staying (though, when built, there was a wood cook stove in the kitchen; the chimney thimble is behind our fridge).

A pleasing kitchen seating area:

Pantries:
    I just LOVE this pantry. Hopefully they have a lot of other space becasue this is not a lot of storage. Lots of "nice-to-look-at", though. Wallpaper, those two sweet shelves. Love the wall paper. The period overhead light. The cranberry glass that goes with the wallpaper and the paint that blends with the wallpaper.

This high-gloss blue in the pantry and kitchen below must be either Fine Paints of Europe (FPE)or the English Farrow & Ball, both high quality enamel paints. I love these high-shine rooms, though I haven't got a space designated for it in our house, I keep admiring these deep-colored high gloss rooms... if I had a pantry, maybe for that. But we don't. (Actually we do have a sort-of pantry - shelves my husband built into our steep, narrow cellar stairs that come off the kitchen. We painted them FPE cream, and put spotlights on it, because that is more practical for the open shelving that we crammed into every inch of the space.)

a nice shade of green:
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-16-2021 at 03:32 AM.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Kitchens:

I love these colors! Rich wood, muted powder teal. bit of brass. Love it. I want to replace our old laminate counters with a gorgeous wood like this sometime. I love the sheep painting over the fireplace! Perfect! I love a fireplace in a kitchen, but that is never going to happen here in our little house where Lord willing we are staying (though, when built, there was a wood cook stove in the kitchen; the chimney thimble is behind our fridge).

A pleasing kitchen seating area:

Pantries:
    I just LOVE this pantry. Hopefully they have a lot of other space becasue this is not a lot of storage. Lots of "nice-to-look-at", though. Wallpaper, those two sweet shelves. Love the wall paper. The period overhead light. The cranberry glass that goes with the wallpaper and the paint that blends with the wallpaper.

This high-gloss blue in the pantry and kitchen below must be either Fine Paints of Europe (FPE)or the English Farrow & Ball, both high quality enamel paints. I love these high-shine rooms, though I haven't got a space designated for it in our house, I keep admiring these deep-colored high gloss rooms... if I had a pantry, maybe for that. But we don't. (Actually we do have a sort-of pantry - shelves my husband built into our steep, narrow cellar stairs that come off the kitchen. We painted them FPE cream, and put spotlights on it, because that is more practical for the open shelving that we crammed into every inch of the space.)

a nice shade of green:
    The blue kitchens are pretty, but I LOVE that green kitchen! It's a pretty (I'd say seafoam) color.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This shade of purple is one of my favorite colors

Screenshot_20210316-013548_Photos.jpg

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also like a bit more fun colored look like these

Screenshot_20210316-014237_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210316-015542_Photos.jpg

Side note: This thread inspired me to redo my bedroom. Lol

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlytherinPower View Post
    I also like a bit more fun colored look like these

Screenshot_20210316-014237_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210316-015542_Photos.jpg

Side note: This thread inspired me to redo my bedroom. Lol
    The purple, beautiful. I like the dash of lavender ion the one wall. I once met my grandfather's cousin in London; she was so dignified and beautiful, and she was wearing a beautiful purple coat about that deep color purple, and it looked wonderful on her, with her big dark lively eyes.

Navy couch, with red, very bold. I like the comfortable unexpected softening with the bit of pink and prints. And the similar green/teals are bold and beautiful, too. I also really like the knitted ottoman in that. I have been considering buying one of those but am going to get the rest of the room together first to be quite sure that accent will work.

I choose colors for the house that look good on me. I love them longer that way. And I need a softer muted tone of the colors for my everyday living.

What did you do with your bedroom?? Put things away so you can have clean, clear spaces? I need to do that with my upstairs bedrooms as they really are beautiful when empty of clutter. I chose just-right Color Story Ben Moore colors for that room and they look good in every kind of light. Clutter cleanup means making decisions, and I put off decisions sometimes. I just need to make them!

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The purple, beautiful. I like the dash of lavender ion the one wall. I once met my grandfather's cousin in London; she was so dignified and beautiful, and she was wearing a beautiful purple coat about that deep color purple, and it looked wonderful on her, with her big dark lively eyes.

Navy couch, with red, very bold. I like the comfortable unexpected softening with the bit of pink and prints. And the similar green/teals are bold and beautiful, too. I also really like the knitted ottoman in that. I have been considering buying one of those but am going to get the rest of the room together first to be quite sure that accent will work.

I choose colors for the house that look good on me. I love them longer that way. And I need a softer muted tone of the colors for my everyday living.

What did you do with your bedroom?? Put things away so you can have clean, clear spaces? I need to do that with my upstairs bedrooms as they really are beautiful when empty of clutter. I chose just-right Color Story Ben Moore colors for that room and they look good in every kind of light. Clutter cleanup means making decisions, and I put off decisions sometimes. I just need to make them!
    Putting on new bedding that I've had for awhile. It's a coral orange color. Cleaning floors & cleaning the top part of my closet for more storage too. Considering getting some new storage containers & items that tie more into the new bedding. Also considering decorating the walls.

Yes, I really liked the knitted ottoman, too. I hope you can tie it in & make it work.

I find dark purple clothes really brings out dark hair & dark eyes. I think even more so if they have fair skin, too.

ENFps trying to make decisions.. I immediately thought of my roommate from college. She would even take forever to decide little things like what toppings to get on her fro-yo or what flavor of something to get. Lol But to steal Nike's brand saying- just do it

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlytherinPower View Post
    Putting on new bedding that I've had for awhile. It's a coral orange color. Cleaning floors & cleaning the top part of my closet for more storage too. Considering getting some new storage containers & items that tie more into the new bedding. Also considering decorating the walls.

Yes, I really liked the knitted ottoman, too. I hope you can tie it in & make it work.

I find dark purple clothes really brings out dark hair & dark eyes. I think even more so if they have fair skin, too.

ENFps trying to make decisions.. I immediately thought of my roommate from college. She would even take forever to decide little things like what toppings to get on her fro-yo or what flavor of something to get. Lol But to steal Nike's brand saying- just do it
    Omigosh, its not just being an indecisive scale-bouncing Libra, its IEE, too?! No wonder. Okay, I won't complain. We all have our challenges and we can overcome them with effort. I was inspire3d by your roommate anecdote and decided to take on your the just-do-it challenge, combined with Jordan Peterson's advice to just make today better than yesterday as far as accomplishing something you want to get done. And I have made good headway in the past two days!

I had actually already pulled everything out of drawers and closets that needed considering in FEBRAUARY, organized them into separate "consideration" piles, and made some serious headway last month. Then I had to do a lot to "repackage" myself to apply for a new position, including resume updates and portfolio re-dos and just so much, and that was intensive, including two all-nighters in there. Then turning back to the upstairs project seemed too overwhelming so I IGNORED it and have been walking around those piles up there for a month now waiting to get hit with inspiration but it wasn't happening. But today while working i thought of how nice it would be to start a new job - Lord willing I get it - I have had 3 interviews with 5 people so I am hopeful - with my home in good order - the main floor was done before Christmas, and then to have the 2nd floor all tidy for the first time since we moved here would be great. Then there is the attic which is small and not too bad, and finishign the basement, which is 3/4's done already.

Tonight I tackled scarves, and finished the whole job. I thought it was going to be such a big job, but I did no expect to get it done in a partial day! I have a lot of scarves because my work "uniform" (thing I wear al the time) is simple, usually solid color jersey type scoop neck shirts in colors I like, combined with solid color Talbots slacks or skirts in classic colors like navy. A scarf (in my colors and patterns and fabric type) brings it up a notch easily. So I have a lot. First, the hard part, a decision. I decided that since I have small closets, the hanging thing I have done with these cute little velvet scarf hangers, all organized by color on different scarf hangers, just won't do. Example:
    .................................................. .........................................
    They just hog too much space in a tight closet - so muchI invaded the guest closet with them. So two closets. So I researched folding storage that works in a drawer (I freed up drawers last month) and made a decision. I thought I would have to go with "donuts" or "buns" which look I think look messy but are space-saving, but found two other way. One is Marie Condo's stand up folding:

Most of my scarves are like this now and I cannot believe how LITTLE space they take up! Before they were dominating closet space, and now they are all folded up neat like that and take up HALF a drawer! I am going to do the same Marie Condo stand-up method for clothes in the drawers.

Can't wait to see it all lined up neat and tidy. Okay, I am motivated!

Some scarves are billowy or have a folded texture in them and work better with this twist method, so I have a pile of these laying next to the divided box of folded scarves in this method:

Storage containers - I have too many! So I want to complete this organizing top-to-bottom and use the very ones I need and give my excess useful containers to Goodwill. Then anything I bring home means something has to go out because I will know exactly what I actually have room for.

Well you probably won't want coral orange walls with coral orange bedding but I have some pics below for you so you can see what some designers did with that color. I wonder what color you will pick for the walls? Some kind of interesting green? (Or by doing walls, do you mean pictures?)

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I'm helping a friend paint her bedroom sailor blue at the moment - originally, the walls were beige. When we're done, there will be a dusky pink tufted sofa in there too (60's velvet)

...probably easier to share an example of how great these colours look in combination. Imagine the blue slightly paler

Yes, I also like that blue kitchen posted earlier in the thread :-) jewel tones work if there's enough natural light.
    It's gorgeous! I love navy with blush pink!

Yes, the deep jewel tones are wonderful!

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    the following is closer to my own style

I love the circle windows with the rustic wood or stone. So nice when there is something nice to look out at, too!
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-18-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

imagine being in the midst of these super tall trees
    I'm making this my home.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imagine being in the midst of these super tall trees
    Oh, so gorgeous! I love, love, love it! Yes, the trees - extraordinarily tall. And reflected water always pulls my heart.

Lately I have been looking into catalog houses, and examining what I can find on catalog houses (i.e., Sears Houses), and just any houses built like 1910 to 1940 that I just love, not just me but a lot of people, trying to understand more of why/how they are so much nicer than modern houses, so well-built. And I realized the solidness that I love, and the appeal comes from the wonderful, consistent, generous wood used everywhere, from the joists to the trim. Excellent trim work in the most humblest of houses! And wide-plank floors! Love them. Why don't we build like this any more? And no pesky knots showing through, later, after you have done a nice job painting new wood, like today. It was knotless wood, basically - they would refund you for every knot you found! Amazing! But then my nostalgia for these better-building days, and my hope that we could return to these old ways, was dampened when I realized this was due to the abundance of old growth wood available in America. And - it's no so available today. : (

So there is a story there. of not planning ahead, to log in a way that preserved our wonderful beauty in America. And same with farming these days. They are heavily pushing vegetarian diets - and is it Gates that came out to say we should ALL be eating fake beef?? Without cows we and the way we farm to produce all this grain and corn and soy we will be will continue to strip our land so that will will have one big dust bowl across America. Like the once fertile Nile. : ( We need cows!!! [All you have to do is feed the seaweed to get them to fart less) https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ons-scientists We really need to take better care of our earth!

So that made me think of my beloved Adirondacks - I wonder what it looked like before was logged?? Because my favorite places, when I look up their history, had a bald period. When it had just been logged. Nice for those who invested in the unappealing denuded land at a good price, because if they hung onto it, they (or their descendants) are enjoying the land now that the new growth has grown up a lot. So beautiful now - but how much more beautiful in the glory days before they logged out all the ancient growth?

Okay, done with my rant.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omigosh, its not just being an indecisive scale-bouncing Libra, its IEE, too?! No wonder. Okay, I won't complain. We all have our challenges and we can overcome them with effort. I was inspire3d by your roommate anecdote and decided to take on your the just-do-it challenge, combined with Jordan Peterson's advice to just make today better than yesterday as far as accomplishing something you want to get done. And I have made good headway in the past two days!

I had actually already pulled everything out of drawers and closets that needed considering in FEBRAUARY, organized them into separate "consideration" piles, and made some serious headway last month. Then I had to do a lot to "repackage" myself to apply for a new position, including resume updates and portfolio re-dos and just so much, and that was intensive, including two all-nighters in there. Then turning back to the upstairs project seemed too overwhelming so I IGNORED it and have been walking around those piles up there for a month now waiting to get hit with inspiration but it wasn't happening. But today while working i thought of how nice it would be to start a new job - Lord willing I get it - I have had 3 interviews with 5 people so I am hopeful - with my home in good order - the main floor was done before Christmas, and then to have the 2nd floor all tidy for the first time since we moved here would be great. Then there is the attic which is small and not too bad, and finishign the basement, which is 3/4's done already.

Tonight I tackled scarves, and finished the whole job. I thought it was going to be such a big job, but I did no expect to get it done in a partial day! I have a lot of scarves because my work "uniform" (thing I wear al the time) is simple, usually solid color jersey type scoop neck shirts in colors I like, combined with solid color Talbots slacks or skirts in classic colors like navy. A scarf (in my colors and patterns and fabric type) brings it up a notch easily. So I have a lot. First, the hard part, a decision. I decided that since I have small closets, the hanging thing I have done with these cute little velvet scarf hangers, all organized by color on different scarf hangers, just won't do. Example:
    .................................................. .........................................
    They just hog too much space in a tight closet - so muchI invaded the guest closet with them. So two closets. So I researched folding storage that works in a drawer (I freed up drawers last month) and made a decision. I thought I would have to go with "donuts" or "buns" which look I think look messy but are space-saving, but found two other way. One is Marie Condo's stand up folding:

Most of my scarves are like this now and I cannot believe how LITTLE space they take up! Before they were dominating closet space, and now they are all folded up neat like that and take up HALF a drawer! I am going to do the same Marie Condo stand-up method for clothes in the drawers.

Can't wait to see it all lined up neat and tidy. Okay, I am motivated!

Some scarves are billowy or have a folded texture in them and work better with this twist method, so I have a pile of these laying next to the divided box of folded scarves in this method:

Storage containers - I have too many! So I want to complete this organizing top-to-bottom and use the very ones I need and give my excess useful containers to Goodwill. Then anything I bring home means something has to go out because I will know exactly what I actually have room for.

Well you probably won't want coral orange walls with coral orange bedding but I have some pics below for you so you can see what some designers did with that color. I wonder what color you will pick for the walls? Some kind of interesting green? (Or by doing walls, do you mean pictures?)

Taurus here. Lol

Way to go on the organization!

I like those ways of organizing those scarves.

Thanks for the pictures. Those rooms look great. My walls are blue already, so I'll probably make the room blue & coral. Yeah, some pictures or something on the walls, I was thinking. Will probably end up looking like a mix between the second & third picture.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Color!

I love a brilliant use of color, and the following pics are wonderful examples of not only wonderful color use, but patterns and shapes. I love it so much I spent a bunch of satisfying time arranging this group of pictures, and explaining them. (For those rare few of you that like that kind of thing, like me).

Colors well done:

My Very Favorites:
    In this first group of three, I love everything about the rooms, and they are what I am striving for at least on my 2nd floor. The just-right colors - and I am very picky about color - and the just-right balance and amount of details. There are something of scallops featured in several of these rooms, which truly draws my eye most happily. I know I must incorporate something of that judiciously in my next room enhancements. I love scallop edgess.:

More of this wall color I favor, which works so well with the rich wood cabinet and that painting. I like the fluff on the chair, but I would upholster the chair in a deep tone velvet, and throw a sheepskin on it for a better more genuine fluff-look:

Blues, teals and mints
    :

This room is so awesome. I love tone-on tone stripe. It can work really well. The balance of arrangement here is esquisitely satisfying.

Love the chair pads Scallop-like. Works with floor and blue and with the white china!

Ode to green:

I like the scallop-y look valance:

This was probably decorated around that plate collection. The green looks just right with the wood color on those interesting beds:

Ode to an uncommon green, likely all about inspiration of that green marble fireplace surround:

Reds:

Wonderful use of red accent. There is an undertone of rust in the red, making it work well with it's complement, blue, with a teal undertone - the green in that acting as a compliment to the red. The blue is powder soft, and often I find that a very appealing combination with complementary colors, where of one of the compliment is bold color, and the other soft or muted shade of the color. It sure works in here. Add to that, a repetition of design elements in the detail. Love it all.

This use of red is good; red works well with a very deep, gold-ish ivory color in the trim. Not my colors, but a good use of them. In this room I see a story. I think what happened is they needed to vacuum, and there were piles of books on the floor (because these folks like to read) and they put the books and the big floor plant on the table for a better vacuum. And they looked at the room with this big plant emphasizing the ceiling height, and their beloved books displayed on the table, and said, "I really like the room like this. " And snapped a picture.

Peach and pattern:
    Peach is a perfect foil for this wonderful mix of subtle patterns, with a punch of muted bright in those dusty red pillows. Morrocan is not my style, but I love how it is done here.

Subtle but not bland misty neutrals A secret to the success of this room I believe is that there is more subtle color to the ceiling than in the neutral walls. And I LOVE the table treatment. The gingham edge. The top layer of scalloped white lace! Just perfect. And that ceiling color shows off a showcase piece in the room - that very unique attractive ceiling lamp:

Great use of cream:
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-22-2021 at 02:50 AM.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    x
    Imagine standing naked in a room like that with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a girthy blunt in the other.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@SGF, somehow I'm reminded of this movie.

Possibly it's just the colour palette and eclectic spare parts that give the impression. Your vision is altogether orderly, not hectic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast