Thread: LIFE IS A SPINNING TOP IN ANOTHER SPINNING TOP IN ANOTHER!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation LIFE IS A SPINNING TOP IN ANOTHER SPINNING TOP IN ANOTHER!

Hi, everyone! I'd planned to make a type me thread a few months ago when I joined, but I'm very lazy and eventually forgot about it. Recently, however, I thought of a few questions I had about my typing- the main one being that I relate to my type description only about 70%- and would like some feedback.

General information about me: Asian, Female, High school student.

I started studying socionics last October or so, but I also had had about six months experience with MBTI. During that time, I considered INTJ, ISTJ, INTP, ISFJ, and INFJ as possible types for myself. After discovering socionics and studying it in depth, I decided to trash most of what I knew about MBTI and have now typed myself as ENTJ.

It's noticeable that I have never considered that I am an extrovert before now. My reservation in public, which I had previously thought was a blatant sign of introversion, wasn't because I felt drained, exactly, but because I was afraid of rejection. This was easy to figure out because I don't tire when I spend any length of time with those whom I am comfortable around. I had also thought that I was an introvert because I'm often very insensitive even when I mean well. For example, when one of my classmates was complaining of losing motivation in his classes, perhaps looking for comfort in one of the girls, I told him to go to the counselor's office to get advice. It's pretty embarrassing to talk about, but I didn't even realize how awkward that was to say until my friends laughed at me about it later. I have begun to think that this behavior is characteristic of thinking types, not introverts who are blind to social cues. I'll be certain that I'm an extrovert if it is true that

Shy extroverts exist (introverted extratims I have read about- but there is no mention of them in any ENTJ type description.),

and that

introverts get tired even when talking to friends for an extended period of time.

I've considered all small groups, reinin dichotomy (may not be the most accurate but found that I had the most correlation with traits of ENTJ and INTJ), and functions in my self-typing. I have also compared myself with my mother, who is almost certainly an ESTJ (she fits every type description perfectly...) and we do seem to use Te in the same way; she's very different from me in ways I will explain later.

I didn't put much weight on clubs and communication styles as a factor in determining my type because they seem to be vague, and not much more on communication and romance style.
    Looking at quadra values and especially at the reinin dichotomies that correlate with each one, I seem to be in gamma quadra-

Valuing Te (I don't know if you noticed from my counselor's office anecdote above, but my social misstep happened, in my opinion, because I failed to realize the boy was joking/fishing for attention/bragging? And because I'm a total killjoy. In other words, I failed to realize the atmosphere of the situation (Fe) and tried to solve his problem instead with dependence on an external source (Te). Another example of this can be with socionics. I'm not entirely sure about this, but I really hate reading about the mathematical background of socionics- basically anything under the surface of the theory (Ti?): I stopped reading reinin's book after he began to write about a different functional model involving a hexagon(?) and how exactly the functions were proven with calculus because I definitely don't need that to understand the theory. I'm not sure if my disinterest in this is just as a regular form of laziness or Te valuing over Ti, as I'm still working out their differences; a question to Ti lead/creatives: do you find that math interesting?)

Valuing Ni + Se(I'm not sure about this. I need to understand the difference between Ni and Ne more. The only thing that hints that I value Ni more than Ne is that I think brainstorming useless ideas and going off on tangents instead of using an idea is kind of a waste of time. I definitely prefer Se over Si, mostly because I'm very lazy and having some kind of stimulus will make me focus completely on my work. For example, a few days ago I had a formula-heavy chemistry assignment due, which had been given a few weeks before and which I didn't start until a couple hours before I had to turn it in. During those few hours, I was able to single-mindedly focus on the assignment and complete it, which was more fun than if I had done a little bit each day. I've also noticed that I tend to become more proactive in public places; perhaps this is because I'm conscious of what people think. However, I don't know if these behaviors are unique to a certain type or if everyone is like this. Do you guys do these things too?

Overall, my behavior seems to be democratic and serious. My "serious" temperament could possibly just be my social insecurity, but all of the other factors align.

I think I match the LIE's functions pretty well, but some aspects of its type description are different from how I am. I would like to know if I am misunderstanding anything or maybe if I will become like this with age.

-"The LIE likes to earn "big" money ("otherwise, what's the point?"), and enjoys expending it. He doesn't like as much to save money nor to deny himself in his pleasures and habits. To set a sum aside, to accumulate and grow it, he doesn't always know how to do. Most readily he spends money that came "easily" to him (as in winning or receiving it as a gift)."** I'm really stingy about saving my only source of income as a high schooler: money from relatives. Admittedly, though, I have recently lost all of it (which I saved for two years) for my mom to allow me to meet with my friend... I'd only used some of it before on small things for myself such as gift cards or drinks from the cafe.

-"He knows how to make time work for him. He is very precisely aware what to do and when there is a purpose to do it. He knows when to hurry and when to wait. He knows when it is necessary to act decisively, and when it is necessary to patiently endure (though while he's waiting, he sometimes misses opportunities)." I don't really know in exactly what circumstances I would wait (because I don't have enough life experience?) Does my procrastination anecdote from earlier apply to this?

-”In the contact, he often manifests friendliness, knows how to be communicable and diplomatic. He tries to find common language in any company, knows how to be charming and witty. He positively predisposes people towards himself.” Like I typed earlier, I don’t really know how to be diplomatic, although I try to be. I considered ILI as well because of this description, but Fe as a 4th function is, to my knowledge, a disregard of its importance and consequently a blatant, almost purposeful ignoring of social norms. Fe as a role (trying to improve it with little success, recognizing its importance) sounds like me. Again, is it possible that this is something I will develop when I grow older? I’ve read something about the super-ego developing in adolescence. But what does it mean to develop, then, and when do the other functions develop?

-"LIE feels irritated when he experiences uncomfortable sensations. He is irritated because feels ashamed of them. He doesn't understand, why, for example, he can show exceptional endurance in extreme situations, while under the normal conditions he becomes so sensitive to such trifles." I do feel irritated when I feel uncomfortable like everyone else, but I don't really feel ashamed... I think it would help if I had an example to relate to. Are there any LIEs who get what this means? Thank you.

-"Of course, it is impossible to make the LIE obey direct volitional pressuring – this he won't allow." I do hate people ordering me around if I don't really know them, but it would help if I had some kind of example.

-"He sees the advantages granted by authority only as a possibility to realize his own creative potential. LIEs are thus not inclined to abuse their power. " I wouldn't abuse power if I obtained it, but I would like the positive attention everyone gave me. It would definitely be easier to make friends if people saw me in a positive light. This might have to do with my enneagram, 7w8/6.
    These things, in particular, seemed off to me, but every article overall had a "wonky tone". This could be because they focused on business, which I don't have experience with. Therefore, I have a question to all LIEs: if you were introduced to socionics at my age, would you agree with the type description?

I feel like I'm very close to finding my type and would appreciate if anyone could write a quick reply to any of my questions. Thanks for reading!
    **From

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, all I can say is welcome to the journey.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@wacey Thanks!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Bump*
    Does anyone know anything about how age affects typing or an opinion of my type?

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sullutac View Post
    *Bump*
    Does anyone know anything about how age affects typing or an opinion of my type?
    I can tell you that research suggests adolescence now lasts until a person is 24 https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...ealth-42732442

Which suggests that if not type, then the self knowledge to recognise ones own type, might not be settled enough until a person is 25.
    Last edited by at sirac son of sirac; 02-04-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sullutac View Post
    It's possible to assume types since the age the human begins to talk, - ~2 years. It's the age when your psyche becomes close to modern humans.
    To 16 years you should to understand youself good enough to be able to understand own type. Though, some years then your behavior still may be lesser stable and classical for types because of external influences, inertia and the wishes of experiments.
    Types descriptions you see mostly relate to adults of middle age: 20-45 years.
    In the later age the type may become lesser accentuated and people develop wider with the life experience. Also they need to do lesser efforts, the psyche is more relaxed and returns to more comfort its state of the balance.