Thread: Best right hand for the EII CEO? LSE vs LIE

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best right hand for the EII CEO? LSE vs LIE

Imagine an EII who somehow builds a company and ends up CEO, but the EII feels a bit overwhelmed by it and seeks for a good right hand to help.

Two dudes get the EII’s attention, an LSE and an LIE, which should the EII chose?

Knowing that the LSE is the EII’s duality and that the LIE seems to be a better CEO on his own.

Would the LIE make the EII feel left out? Would the collaboration between LSE and EII be healthier and more productive?

Last edited by Shiro; 12-25-2019 at 01:08 PM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE and EII have some problems in the Se domain. There are some external problems that both have some troubles solving. Since they are both positivist they will not quarrel but the company may have some problems due to that.

For a EII I'd imagine a SLI Te would be a decent right hand.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chances are, an EII would be "overwhelmed" by precisely what the LSE is naturally strong at, Te [/Ti] and Si [/Se] matters > a practical competence, the stamina for hard work, attention to detail; your dual is strong where you are weak, which encapsulates the beauty of duality. If given the option, that just makes more sense.

TIM
    ESTp 7w8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, a strong right-hand for an INFj would probably be an INTp with several ESFp and ESTj middle managers.

I feel an ENTj may overpower or overwhelm an INFj and an ESTj wouldn't have the necessary long-term vision in predicting industry trends/business objectives and 'big-picture' mentality that is probably needed in directing a large company.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Define the responsibilities of the right hand. In an ideal business relationship, it is the EII that should perform an advisory role to the LSE. Management, and especially operation management, is the LSEs forte. So if the roles are reversed, it is better for the LSE to have a subordinate role, in which the EII delegates certain operational tasks to the LSE. E.g. the role of a secretary, personal assistant of office manager. But definitively not an advisory role or being a sparring partner.

Do we know any famous EII CEOs to begin with?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am an LIE and I work with an EII. She is a wonderful helper, but as @FDG said, there are problems in the Se domain. Neither one of us is able to motivate the other, so anything that gets done collaboratively gets done because one of us does it from their own motivation.

I believe that the LSE would make a better business partner for the EII for that and other reasons. The LSE really is, as @consentingadult said, an operations manager. The LIE is more of a visionary leader than the LSE and can almost certainly make better connections with customers and better ensure that the place is going to be profitable next year. However, if the industry in which the business lives is not very innovative, then the LSE can do a creditable job of holding the course.

Both the LIE and the LSE are going to naturally want to run the place. The EII should consult a lawyer to ensure that the EII has ownership (and therefore authority and vision) legally locked down, and should make sure that both the LSE and LIE understand that the EII is the owner and will fire their asses if the EII feels like it. Both LSE's and LIE's can be self-interested assholes. Do not forget that.

Personally, I would recommend that the EII hire the LSE as a subordinate operations manager who reports to the EII, and pay the LIE as an occasional consultant, and make it clear to the LSE that in matters of business direction (not necessarily daily operation) the EII makes the final decision, possibly siding with the LIE against the LSE if the EII agrees with the LIE (and the EII probably will. LSE's have very little foresight.)

Whatever this business is that the EII and LSE run, it should be in a static industry. Like a lumber yard or a real estate office, where there is basically zero innovation* and competition is defined by friendly, personal service. Otherwise, an LIE-run business will eat it alive.

*zero innovation industries do not usually attract LIE's, unless they are young and are learning the ropes and there is an opportunity there for making lots of money while learning. Then they go off and form a company that innovates.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 12-25-2019 at 04:00 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    But can’t the EII have the big picture vision the LSE lacks of having?
    Yes, the EII does have a better "big picture vision" than the LSE, but the EII is going to have a very tough time implementing that vision, especially if the LSE thinks they know better, which they almost always do. Which is why the EII needs to be in the unquestioned, legally superior position in the company.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Dollar View Post
    IMO, a strong right-hand for an INFj would probably be an INTp with several ESFp and ESTj middle managers.

I feel an ENTj may overpower or overwhelm an INFj and an ESTj wouldn't have the necessary long-term vision in predicting industry trends/business objectives and 'big-picture' mentality that is probably needed in directing a large company.
    But can’t the EII have that big picture vision the LSE lacks of having?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Yes, the EII does have a better "big picture vision" than the LSE, but the EII is going to have a very tough time implementing that vision, especially if the LSE thinks they know better, which they almost always do. Which is why the EII needs to be in the unquestioned, legally superior position in the company.
    I see, thanks for your very thought answers
    (=´∀`)人(´∀`=)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The question of Duality in business is a very interesting one. I have actually seen several duals working together productively, and each brings to the table what the other one lacks. In collaborations between non-duals, the resulting blind spots form huge barriers to the progress of the organization.

LSE - Public face and protection and daily operations management
    EII - Human relations and future direction

LIE - Public face and future direction, efficient profitablilty
    ESI - Operations manager, purchasing manager, financial controls

IEI - Future direction, Human relations
    SLE - Operations management, financial control

ESE - Public face, Daily operations
    LII - Future business, Financial controls

IEE - Public face and motivation
    SLI - Daily operations, financial control

I've seen LSI's and EIE's work together in two cases, but I'm not sure what each brought to the table.

I've also seen ILE's and SEI's work together, and I'm really not sure what each brings to the table.

I have never seen an ILI and an SEE work together, although I know several individuals of each type. They seem to prefer to work with their Activity partners. I imagine that if they did work together, it would go like this:

SEE - Public face and Daily operations
    ILI - Future planning, financial control, providing legal cover for the SEE's impulsive actions.*

I now have an ILI tax attorney, after having gone thorough several previous ones. I imagine that he and I interact a bit like duals in some ways, since I have enhanced Te and Se. He is the guy who made an IRS audit go away with one phone call. (One phone call that I saw, that is. I'm sure it took more than that to fix that mess.)
    Fixing SEE screw-ups is what ILI'S do.

EDIT:

I actually know an ILI-EII couple who run a technology company. The ILI runs the company, and his EII wife works there as an office manager. The company struggles to get business, to execute business, and to keep employees, because when things go wrong, the ILI panics and makes his panic his employees' problem. The ILI is also seriously not good with customers. Or employees. There is a crippling lack of Se and Si in the company.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 12-25-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I've seen LSI's and EIE's work together in two cases, but I'm not sure what each brought to the table.
    http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.co...n-eie-lsi.html
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ESTp 7w8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    But can’t the EII have that big picture vision the LSE lacks of having?
    Well this is all theoretical. IMO, a lot of career success is related personal interests, dedication, and professionalism. I say this because any type can be 'big-picture'. It just depends if they are willing to acknowledge that aspect and invest effort in establishing that view throughout their decisions.

Based upon the INFjs I've met, none of them were interested in acquiring a significant amount of professional power or having to be cutt-throat, often required by CEOs. I think INFjs could be big picture but feel that they would feel extremely uncomfortable in the high-stress position and environment. I have not met an INFj that is able to withstand an intense and consistent level of stress. As a result, I feel the requirement of Te to effectively predict the market would be difficult to constantly generate since thd INFj is already in a straining position. So they couls be big picture, but I will do not think it will be as accurate or effective compared to that of other Te leading types. However a duality CEO would promote too much of a delta environment and perspective, I think a more diverse upper management is needed.

TIM
    ESTp 7w8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I am in logistics and tech industries. So my perspective could be biased.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Neither. Normally, EIIs are more comfortable being the power behind the throne than they are occupying it, but both types that you suggest usually want to be on the throne and in total control. There is a risk that you will be subverted or deposed unless you have something to hold over their heads. Because the EII became CEO, I would assume that that person was good at leadership and public speaking, so use a LSI to help create realistic, executable plans and a SLI as the doer or enforcer.....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both, honestly.
    The most business-smart person I know is an LIE. I don't really know any LSEs that are into ventures like that myself.
    But like others have said, Se domain problems, yes.
    I guess I'd go with an LIE first.

~edited for grammar

TIM
    ESI 693 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE for sure.

EIIs are not bad at concepts or planning but they need someone to put their plans into action, reliably.

LIEs are not good at implementing other people’s vision.