Thread: The holy LSI thread aka IEE vs EIE video

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    so Dany is EIE e_e .. makes sense. I'm starting to get it.

Shes iei bro

Her fi is too good for eie

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    Shes iei bro

Her fi is too good for eie
    Close enough lol. so you are saying IEIs burn cities and ppl to the ground as well.. ahaa..

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    He blocked you because he cares? I got nothing to add to this considering the toxicity of this thought is self explanatory. Using useless names like "fucknut" makes you sound quite ridiculous and out of control. I would suggest to learn some good manners. And this is a forum about socionics. There's a difference between sharing a thought and harrassing people.
    If someone wasn’t affected by a poster, they would not care to block them. They would be indifferent and ignore naturally. It’s not toxic lol it’s basic human psychology. And you consider yourself an “F” type.

I mean “fucknut” in the most polite way possible.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He cares about you the way a girl cares about a creepy guy chasing her in the dark. Just because he's hurt by your input and wants to cut you out doesn't mean he cares about your opinion in a constructive way.
    But what if I catch him

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Sb, back off before you both get hurt. #leavereynealone
    Theoretically neither of us or only I would if Reyne is ExI and not in my quadra lol.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*cracks knuckles*

You may catch covid. Stay safe and drink the goddamn beer.
    True I’d probably catch AIDS as well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah @shotgunfingers, i've traveled afar to reach your holy LSI thread - I bring gold, frankincense, and myrrh as gifts as part of the holy sacrament

As far as the differences between the EIE and IEE, let us simply start off by their name! The Mentor vs Advisor

When the EIE/Mentor trys to help u, they shall by incepting your mind, slowly and gradually trying to change the programming of your mind.

When the IEE/Advisor trys to help u, they often drop a couple advices here and there, leaving u, to do the work.

In terms of conflict,

EIEs tend to be good at speaking in front of large crowds and gatherings, very community oriented.

EIEs have a tendency to be more provocative and in-your-face and brutally honest. They wear their hearts on their sleeves, and you'll know how they feel because they are so expressive. VERY opinionated. Even when they know their words should hurt someone, they'll say it if they deem it necessary to create change or whatever mission is on their mind. They are more comfortable with conflict.

In contrast,

IEE tend to prefer talking to people one-on-one, alone, more individual-oriented in comparison

The IEE tends to avoid conflict/trouble, skillfully they find a way out of trouble! They cover their hearts, and the IEE direct their emotions inward. You'll never know how they truly feel about you unless u get to know them on a closer level. IEE are often careful around people and don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. They are less comfortable with conflict

In terms of work

EIE, since their HA is to be successful, tend to have this workaholic mentality, may even be sacrificial depending on what it is, and run themselves into the ground.

Whereas for IEE, their HA is to know, and you'll find them interested in a wide-variety of subjects. And like the EIE, IEE can be successful too, but they don't have the same workaholic mentality as the EIE, especially if its a detail-oriented task, most productive if its something they're deeply passionate about.

In terms of energy

Have you ever been to the store, Hot Topic? When u walk into Hot Topic it's kinda like that for EIE.

EIE has this "dark", "emotional", "morbid-like" vibe (FYI I exaggerate a bit here lol)

While for the IEE,

the IEE has this "child-like" or "infantile" vibe. EIEs can have a dark sense of humor, sarcastic at times. The IEE, when they open up can be very positive, easy to talk with, and have that quirky Ne-sense of humor we all love.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 09-04-2020 at 02:24 AM.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Close enough lol. so you are saying IEIs burn cities and ppl to the ground as well.. ahaa..
    They can when given the right circumstance. She had a vision and cersei attacked those close to her heart. Weak se underestimates the damage they caused. I cant really go into much detail about the end of the show because its written like shit and shouldn't be analyzed but in the seasons where there is actually character development she is iei. She was dualized with drogo. Naturally developed more se being around him

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onfireee View Post
    In terms of energy

Have you ever been to the store, Hot Topic? When u walk into Hot Topic it's kinda like that for EIE.

EIE has this "dark", "emotional", "morbid-like" vibe (FYI I exaggerate a bit here lol)
    From what I have seen properly typed EIEs seem like they are the "eye of an emotional vortex" and even without them clearly emoting, the emotional energy they put out feels "electric" and omnipresent as if they embody it, it hangs in the air around them. They often have this dignified serious but kind face imo. Its like hearing a violin play music when they interact. Intimidating and kinda "sharp" but it also draws you in.. like a moth to the flame. There is emotional intensity there..

I have felt similar things with IEIs I have seen, even if the IEI is insecure and shy... they just "leak" this intense and sometimes painful (in a good way) emotional energy into the emotional atmosphere. e_e it screams "plz help me, I'm fragile" lol, I wonder if that is appealing to SLEs.

While for the IEE,

the IEE has this "child-like" or "infantile" vibe. EIEs can have a dark sense of humor, sarcastic at times. The IEE, when they open up can be very positive, easy to talk with, and have that quirky Ne-sense of humor we all love.
    yeah, they aren't as refined, there is lack of flow, more "brute-ish" and have a more self centered hyper & quirky vibe. Often it seems to me that the IEE's Se is there and comes off a bit ST-ish, it makes them a bit more robust & blunt. IEEs imo are easier to initially engage with, but not that appealing, there isn't that "electric" intense wibe, sadly..
    Last edited by SGF; 09-04-2020 at 04:09 AM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    You are Ne-base, so the intention is there, but we all know it is never going to materialize.
    I accidentally marked your post as constructive when I really meant to reply and tell you to shut up.

Shotgunfingers has known he isn't ILE for a while and has much better insight into himself than you do.

My perception, as it has been for a while, is that he really wanted to know his type. He's new to this and a bunch of people jumped on the ILE bandwagon, myself included, initially. It became clear to me pretty quick however that he was not comfortable with this typing, because this is not his typing. The more impressions I picked up I agreed with this too, but as stated, I can't know for sure in this context. He's been learning and the more he learned, it became very clear to him he was not ILE. The arrogance on this forum from some is ridiculous, you don't know Shotgunfingers. You see text and behaviors on a chat forum which could be influenced by so many factors. You don't see even half of Shotgunfingers. Give him some credit into his own awareness of his typing and his self.

Sorry if you feel like I'm speaking on your behalf Shotgun, this is just my perception.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    I accidentally marked your post as constructive when I really meant to reply and tell you to shut up.

Shotgunfingers has known he isn't ILE for a while and has much better insight into himself than you do.

My perception, as it has been for a while, is that he really wanted to know his type. He's new to this and a bunch of people jumped on the ILE bandwagon, myself included, initially. It became clear to me pretty quick however that he was not comfortable with this typing, because this is not his typing. The more impressions I picked up I agreed with this too, but as stated, I can't know for sure in this context. He's been learning and the more he learned, it became very clear to him he was not ILE. The arrogance on this forum from some is ridiculous, you don't know Shotgunfingers. You see text and behaviors on a chat forum which could be influenced by so many factors. You don't see even half of Shotgunfingers. Give him some credit into his own awareness of his typing and his self.

Sorry if you feel like I'm speaking on your behalf Shotgun, this is just my perception.
    You shut up yourself. I can say whatever I want to say. If people don't like that, they can put me on ignore, you silly cunt.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    You shut up yourself. I can say whatever I want to say. If people don't like that, they can put me on ignore, you silly cunt.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see thats why consentingadult, Dutschia and sbbds are and will continue to stay indefinitely ignored.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    That quote was actually from the "Ti as a leading function" column on sociotype.com, lol. I would actually see LSI as more likely to reset all the rules to a new system just to avoid any contradictions, while Ti creative isn't too bothered by them and would happily twist them to further their agenda. Logic being a tool to be used and discarded, not something that has to fit perfectly at all times.

I think the constant contradictions were bothering him and driving him crazy instead of being fun thought experiments one after another (as I'd expect from ILE, maybe even with a trolling purpose). I'm willing to consider him having stopped the type hopping now. Maybe even the blocking of naysayers is a sign of that. Personally I think blocking people is completely unnecessary and I haven't even blocked Sol, but maybe sowing seeds of doubt is actually painful to Ne polr / Type 6.
    My opinion (shotgun shouldn't be able to see this post lol) is that all this is explained best by ESI tropes/cognition descriptions. The inconsistency, the being really so bothered by too many "maybe" options, all very ESI stereotypically. LSIs just seem to ignore whatever doesn't fit their logic in Socionics as far as I observed, I only observed ESIs getting really bogged down by the too many options and that's a pattern pointed out in ESI type descs. Anecdotally, I also observed that ESIs seem to be the type most upset by not finding the right perfectly fitting sociotype in that classic way of ruminating on all those options and possibilities.

But it doesn't matter what socionics label we put on it. The observed pattern I described fits the ESI tropes, but it doesn't have to be labelled by any socionics shit to have validity and actually without such labelling, it retains more usability too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    Yeah, this exactly. Ever since the very beginning, he has always expressed wanting and valuing the same consistent things, even way back when he thought he was SLI. I don't see a reason to doubt Shotgun's core character as being fake, or DarkAngelFireWolf69's assessment since SGF has always expressed valuing the same core things and ideals.
    Agreed I do think he has consistent ethical valuations (Fi but now I'm just almost trolling sorry).

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    People are picking up on your randomness/playfulness/sociability/vacillative nature and trying to reconcile that with the new LSI typing. But at the same time, there is no need to explain yourself. Not all the discrepancies has to be or can be explained by typing.
    I observed this type of "randomness/playfulness/sociability" & vacillativeness in ESIs but sure it doesn't have to be type related. I just know how many people that fit ESI tropes the most have that playful and random style. For some reason this is a definite pattern but I don't know why. I can't see how Fi Se or any of the IEs explain it well lol tbh

That is, I just see it as some really personable excitability if that makes sense... but I don't really want to put the Fi&Se labels on that. To me it would miss the point, because it would then be relegated to too simplistic categories that miss the nuance of real life observations.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveYourself View Post
    jeez why do people take it so seriously when someone types as something different than what they typed them?

It's not a personal attack on you that they don't agree with you and it's not any stress to you if they are mistyped. Just leave them to it
    &

Why put time into analyzing a person that doesn't care about your opinion though? He spent money and got what he wanted. He's satisfied. He's not even agressive. We all know how easygoing he has always been. He may have raised his voice today, but you're stressing him. Why the fuck do we need to disturb his enthusiasm? Jeez, let's all just have a fucking beer or something.
    Because of how Astronics's bullshit "logical" model naturally causes cognitive dissonance
    Last edited by grumpyvic81; 10-09-2020 at 12:36 AM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    The frequent use of emojis and similar devices such as reaction images, different fonts etc. does remind me of another LSI here, namely @onfireee

Both are inflammatory posters who seek similar-minded people. Being on the C/H axis combined with the social orientation of LSI it isn't all that surprising.

The more stereotypical and drier LSI (D/N sub) strikes me as a type that wouldn't even register on these forums in the first place, especially the N type. I know a couple of those types in real life, and forums like these hold zero interest for them.
    In some old posts I saw discojoe nick typing as LSI-D, had a high post count, and he came off as anything but dry.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to say that as a Nobody, I find the insinuation that a "forum Nobody" is a bad thing to be wrong. Ya'll are like Somebodies that are racists against Nobodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh after skimming this thread I understand why shotgun now impulsively blocks people

This shit just attests to how much Astronics sucks when people try to use it as a logical model lol

....a "logical" model for justifying their own personal emotional & nearly schizophrenic reactions lul

Like right away at the start this thread got derailed as soon as someone wanted to keep putting assumptions on what shotgun was gonna do in future simply based on the person being locked into the ILE typing being unable to deal with the cognitive dissonance stirred up in brains from the bullshit in Astronics

I mean yeah I can see why this forum is viewed as crazy by many

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyvic81 View Post
    In some old posts I saw discojoe nick typing as LSI-D, had a high post count, and he came off as anything but dry.
    Theoretically with all due concern for Reinin dichotomy validity, LSIs are supposed to be a Emotivist Merry type:

Emotivist

Tend to concentrate foremost on the emotional background of interaction, with 'business' a secondary concern.
    Prefer the new and novel over the old and known.
    Information perceived as unprofessional or low-quality can leave them indifferent.
    Have greater difficulty disassociating from requests for action or consideration than from others' emotions and experiences.
    “If a conversation is emotionally negative, I consider it wasted.”

Merry

Good at noticing emotional background and perceive the emotional aspect (particularly 'fun') separate from the activity.
    'Getting to know someone' happens naturally, and they are well aware of the purpose(s) for which they are meeting. The proper emotional distance is easily established, adapted/regulated, and manipulated, and they easily decrease distance through their emotional 'brilliance'. A person's name (and other formalities) are peripheral to their relation with and interest in them, and thus they don't care much about formal introductions..
    Not inclined to deduce 'objective truths' from their own and others' experiences – everything is relative. This relativity is perceived as an extenuation of the differing beliefs, opinions, intentions, etc. of each person. Accordingly, another person's actions are judged as correct or incorrect according to a set of subjective criteria. They attempt to compare others' views to their own, and to explain their own views in order to make sure that all parties understand the concepts being spoken of.
    They are inclined to propose (or impose) another conception of the situation ('look at it this way'). If they think something is done incorrectly, they will ask WHY it was done that way. When talking about optimums, they are inclined to do it subjectively ('optimum compared to what?').
    “Fun is involvement, active participation; a state of constant excitement that one cannot confuse with leisure or rest.” “I have my own ideas about how things should be done – a 'mind of my own' – but so does everyone else.”

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    I mean. Yeah, ok. Go ahead and cherry pick what I said about him expressing what would be consistent quadra values (which aligns to theory), so you can support your typing which goes against a professional and respected typer's and Socionics Theorist's opinion.

Just can't stand it when people take what I say out of context (??? though what's contained here in the spoiler may not be the "correct" words to convey my sentiment or whatever, I'm quite tired as usual).
    Idk about quadra values man, I relate to more than one quadra's values lol.

And who the fuck cares about this bullshit theory either anyway, incl the "professional" typings

BTW also idk what it was that you feel I took out of context, or what particularly bothers you about my opinion since it's just an opinion and not the Holy Truth, but I'm not gonna guess at what bothered you so much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12