Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Is it because it stops you from wondering so much about what he could be doing and relieves your anxiety?
    No because it allows him to plan and to have a friend to listen to his plans
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Is it because it stops you from wondering so much about what he could be doing and relieves your anxiety?
    “ESTJ needs someone who is capable of opening and developing his creative potential, of accurately evaluating his abilities and talents, helping him actualize himself.

Specifically, this kind of help is rendered by his dual, INFJ, who enthusiastically listens to his notions, ideas and undertakings, and who is capable of inspiring and encouraging his creative inclinations with his compliments and praises, and supporting his dual during setbacks and difficult moments. (INFJ, who usually does not like to make requests for himself, will support and reinforce the projects of ESTJ with exceptional energy.”
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So if Fi is all about bonds and relations, shouldn't Fi-dom be masters at getting into relationships. So why isn't that that the the case
    I watched to see if I can gather more information about this. So I would say that when I walk into a new apartment complex I say hi and greet my neighbors. I’m not as willing to find out the politics of the building but I do make an effort to be kind and establish relationships with them. They are closer in proximity to me so I feel like it’s important for safety purposes for them to know me. In my mind I want to be of closeness to them. For mother’s day I gave each of the 7 mothers in the building a Saturday morning surprise in a bag and hung it on their door. They were so happy when they opened their gift and at the time I was not married yet so they figured it was the only single person haha.

If you are not having good luck with one person forget it and look for someone else. Stay away from drama and gossip. Those are horrible things. If someone is upset at you let them be they’re adults and they can learn to discuss their concerns not spread poison.
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I would categorize the following as a "PoLR hit":

A few days ago, I was driving my car in the far left of a two-lane lefthand turn onto a highway. It was quite crowded because of an accident further up the road, so the lines started to form in the median lane. I had maybe 10 cars ahead of me and a bunch more lining up behind me.

Suddenly I see movement out of the corner of my eye, look to my left, and there's a car less than two feet from me *on my left*, maybe a foot further back than I was. Technically she was not quite in oncoming traffic, because the the median was very wide, but it was close, and I could see the oncoming cars swerving a bit. No one else was behind her, so I think she was just attempting a shortcut.

The car in front of me moved up a bit, so I did, too, and she moved up closer to me. I started feeling panicky, pressured, and very annoyed. She didn't let up so to preserve my car's paint I finally let her in. As I was doing so, LSE next to me says, "Either let her in or go for it, don't play the middle ground."

After she had wedged her way in, LSE says, "That would have been a great time for a long, loud car horn blast." They were right, of course.

As I finally turned onto the highway, my hands were shaking and I held back tears. Internally, I berated myself for being weak, not just in letting the car push me around but for being so upset about it. A former SLE boss's voice came echoing back to me, "You cry too easily."

LSE laid back to take a nap, and for the next hour I tried to process why that whole situation bothered me so much. Interestingly, I also became increasingly sleepy, though I'm not sure if that ties directly in or not...

----------

Maybe I'll try to find the INTj/INFj PoLR thread and post this there, too...
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I think I would categorize the following as a "PoLR hit":

A few days ago, I was driving my car in the far left of a two-lane lefthand turn onto a highway. It was quite crowded because of an accident further up the road, so the lines started to form in the median lane. I had maybe 10 cars ahead of me and a bunch more lining up behind me.

Suddenly I see movement out of the corner of my eye, look to my left, and there's a car less than two feet from me *on my left*, maybe a foot further back than I was. Technically she was not quite in oncoming traffic, because the the median was very wide, but it was close, and I could see the oncoming cars swerving a bit. No one else was behind her, so I think she was just attempting a shortcut.

The car in front of me moved up a bit, so I did, too, and she moved up closer to me. I started feeling panicky, pressured, and very annoyed. She didn't let up so to preserve my car's paint I finally let her in. As I was doing so, LSE next to me says, "Either let her in or go for it, don't play the middle ground."

After she had wedged her way in, LSE says, "That would have been a great time for a long, loud car horn blast." They were right, of course.

As I finally turned onto the highway, my hands were shaking and I held back tears. Internally, I berated myself for being weak, not just in letting the car push me around but for being so upset about it. A former SLE boss's voice came echoing back to me, "You cry too easily."

LSE laid back to take a nap, and for the next hour I tried to process why that whole situation bothered me so much. Interestingly, I also became increasingly sleepy, though I'm not sure if that ties directly in or not...

----------

Maybe I'll try to find the INTj/INFj PoLR thread and post this there, too...
    It sounds to me like she was trying to cut in line. Normally, this pisses me off and I don't let them in, I just let them get screwed in whatever way they arranged their fate, but lately I've been taking a more generous tact and letting them in, assuming they were just too stupid to see that they should have gotten into line way back, instead of them being evil and driving along slowed traffic and counting on cutting in ahead of everyone they pass, up ahead.
    In either case, they are either rude assholes or stupid. That is what I tell myself, and then I reflect on my good fortune for not being them.

When I was driving in both Argentina and in Turkey, there are lines on the road, but they are just suggestions that no one pays any attention to.
    People basically drive their cars like they were walking on a crowded sidewalk.

In Turkey, I was with an ILI buddy of mine, and he hated the way people drive. It was, basically, hang back or go boldly forward. No in-between. Uncertainty was super-dangerous, because you couldn't figure out what the other person was doing.

I just always went for it, and everyone moved out of my way, as if by magic. It was great, I loved it. It was the way I want to drive in the States. In any case, I was driving a rental car with full insurance, so I figured if it got totaled, no problem.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    It sounds to me like she was trying to cut in line. Normally, this pisses me off and I don't let them in, I just let them get screwed in whatever way they arranged their fate, but lately I've been taking a more generous tact and letting them in, assuming they were just too stupid to see that they should have gotten into line way back, instead of them being evil and driving along slowed traffic and counting on cutting in ahead of everyone they pass, up ahead.
    In either case, they are either rude assholes or stupid. That is what I tell myself, and then I reflect on my good fortune for not being them.

When I was driving in both Argentina and in Turkey, there are lines on the road, but they are just suggestions that no one pays any attention to.

In Turkey, I was with an ILI buddy of mine, and he hated the way people drive. It was, basically, hang back or go boldly forward. No in-between. Uncertainty was super-dangerous, because you couldn't figure out what the other person was doing.

I just always went for it, and everyone moved out of my way, as if by magic. It was great, I loved it. It was the way I want to drive in the States. In any case, I was driving a rental car with full insurance, so I figured if it got totaled, no problem.
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-crying-easily
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    If this is directed toward Minde then you both have been told by other mods to ignore each other, which you said you did and you will. Please add all your typings to the spreadsheet. That way people will know what you type others and they will all be in one place for easy access. @Raver or @Director Abbie can be of assistance with giving you your own column. Everyone knows that you disagree with her self typing and it is causing needless conflict to keep directing these kinds of things to her. Thanks.

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...gs-Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-15-2019 at 07:27 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On one level, a lot of countries' total disregard for traffic rules is bothering, but on the other, it's nice when people actually GO when they mean to go! Too often in the States drivers seem paralyzed by fright or something and drive slowly, stop often, try to act 'nice' by letting people in when there's a line of cars behind them, etc. There's a certain freedom you get from just being able to go.

In my personal life I've been trying to cleanse myself of uncertainty. I think in general it's almost always better to have some sort of opinion or goal than be paralyzed by uncertainty or fear, and I've probably missed out on many opportunities by not fully committing to things. At some point the world's gotta move, and it's best to be with it when it does!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    If this is directed toward Minde then you both have been told by other mods to ignore each other, which you said you did and you will. Please add all your typings to the spreadsheet. That way people will know what you type others and they will all be in one place for easy access. @Raver or @Director Abbie can be of assistance with giving you your own column. Everyone one knows that you disagree with her self typing and it is causing needless conflict to keep directing these kinds of things to her. Thanks.

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...gs-Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    The Fe and Se ignoring was so obvious and too much to resist passing up. She’s on my ignore but Adam’s quote was perfect
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that's what she was doing. I thought about all of those things, too. I was initially angry with her, but like you say she's probably not evil, just inconsiderate. More, I was upset with myself for my wishy-washyness. LSE didn't even notice my internal turmoil, heh, until much later when I was extra quiet for awhile and they asked if I was ok. I wasn't sure how to express myself (they don't know socionics), so I just said "no" and we hugged, and they looked a little worried and zipped up my coat so I'd be warmer, heh.

Later in the day, someone else pulled the same move (from the righthand shoulder of the road this time) while the LSE was driving. LSE lays on the horn, the other driver startles, and LSE pulls up ahead. I could tell LSE wasn't pleased about it, but the confrontation didn't seem nearly as upsetting. They kind of laughed and said, "Now I get to practice what I preached."

It's my own reactions as well as the difference between myself and LSE that stood out to me the most in this anecdote. It sounds like you tend to take it more in stride as well, perhaps even enjoying the more aggressive approach?

I do agree that at least if there was consistency in driving styles it'd be easier, because then I could adapt. I think sometimes with growing cities in the States you can get people from small towns, who tend to be cautious and polite, mixed in with big city drivers, who tend to be aggressive and then it can be hard to tell which one they might be.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am always panicky when I take the highway... especially if I have to surpass someone... but that's because I almost died in a car accident years ago, crashing frontally at 120 km/h against the guardrail... while I was surpassing someone...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-16-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I went to this government agency today to check out the work environment. The lady escorting me was LSE. Dressed well, hair makeup professional. We stepped into the elevator and she looks at me and says “you are so nice and skinny.” I told her it’s just genetics. She says she used to be this skinny. I told her she looked beautiful and skinny too. She says “I look like a cow!” I remained silent and treated her with love. I called her “the beautiful lady.” She too treated me with love calling me “sweetness.”

-

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    I am always panicky when I take the highway... especially if I have to surpass someone... but that's because I almost died in a car accident years ago, crashing frontally at 120 km/h against the guardrail... while I was surpassing someone...
    Aw, I'm sorry, that's rough. I'd probably get anxiety, too. Are you physically recovered from the accident?

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you dear, no worries : ) god really saved me that time.... it was a miracle , I was left with just few burnt bruises around my neck... while my car was completely destroyed, the entire half of the passenger's side splattered against the guardrail. I had to get out from the windown... but I was walking on my feet it was a life changing experience though, after that episode eveything changed in terms of how I see the world.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well today I felt like a useful little EII with the whole harmony of relations and psychological distances and inner emotional states. Today we dealt with instructions that confused costumers and I could see how my co-workers delivery of the confusing instructions really ticked off costumers so I tried to soothe the psyche of the customers be trying to step into their shoes see their point of view find their concerns and accommodate them as much as possible. I was also able to see how my co-workers aggressive tone had such a negative affect on customers and made them less co-operative and one customer got real angry and it turned into a shit storm, after that I decided to Te-up and take control telling my co-workers to let me deal with clarifying the confusing instructions and I had much more success with my soothing and accommodating approach simply because I was able to notice their confusing and desire and accommodate them appropriately. Essentially I was apply subtle psychological maneuvers to make the customers co=operative with very confusing and inconvenient instructions.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My mil came over last night and took this picture <3

Some of you are wondering why I’m wearing my wedding ring on my middle finger. Well it just so happens that I’m a size 4 and my husband doesn’t want to size my ring just yet for the potential of having another child. And size 4 is a tiny size also to expand the ring back up to a size that I can wear it once pregnant would be too too much trouble D49FCF80-5C85-4141-BA8E-DA785AA8AA75.jpg
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am so happy that my relationship allow me lots of time to myself and to read. All these lovely people helping me with baby allows me to read novels that describe human relationships and them taking care of baby so that I can watch human interactions at coffee shops and when we go shopping. I really appreciate all the help that I get.
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you dear, no worries : ) god really saved me that time.... it was a miracle , I was left with just few burnt bruises around my neck... while my car was completely destroyed, the entire half of the passenger's side splattered against the guardrail. I had to get out from the windown... but I was walking on my feet it was a life changing experience though, after that episode eveything changed in terms of how I see the world.
    Oh, wow! I'm so glad to hear that you didn't get badly hurt. I can imagine that could be life-changing, yes.

Sometimes I think about how more of us should be dying or hurt. Not in a "this is how it should be" way but in the sense of how dangerous the world can be. Like I've had quite a few close calls over the years just driving normally or even walking on the streets.

Well today I felt like a useful little EII with the whole harmony of relations and psychological distances and inner emotional states. Today we dealt with instructions that confused costumers and I could see how my co-workers delivery of the confusing instructions really ticked off costumers so I tried to soothe the psyche of the customers be trying to step into their shoes see their point of view find their concerns and accommodate them as much as possible. I was also able to see how my co-workers aggressive tone had such a negative affect on customers and made them less co-operative and one customer got real angry and it turned into a shit storm, after that I decided to Te-up and take control telling my co-workers to let me deal with clarifying the confusing instructions and I had much more success with my soothing and accommodating approach simply because I was able to notice their confusing and desire and accommodate them appropriately. Essentially I was apply subtle psychological maneuvers to make the customers co=operative with very confusing and inconvenient instructions.
    Ha, well done.

Were you tired afterward? More or less the same as usual? Energized?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note, for the past week I've been sick (more so than I've been in a couple of years). My ears keep getting stuffed up and I've been using a tip my mother taught me, which seems to be keeping an ear infection at bay. She combines 1:1 ginger powder and cayenne pepper powder, then sprinkles a pinch of that in the back of her throat. I've discovered a key trick to not coughing and choking afterward is to not breathe at all while I'm dropping it in. Also, I try not to get any on my tongue. After a few minutes, the stuffiness lessens significantly.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Oh, wow! I'm so glad to hear that you didn't get badly hurt. I can imagine that could be life-changing, yes.

Sometimes I think about how more of us should be dying or hurt. Not in a "this is how it should be" way but in the sense of how dangerous the world can be. Like I've had quite a few close calls over the years just driving normally or even walking on the streets.

Ha, well done.

Were you tired afterward? More or less the same as usual? Energized?
    Hm. I guess slightly tired.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The sweetest thing anyone can do for me is ask about my care "did you get enough sleep?" MIL LSE

The other sweetest thing is to declare "rest days." It's Saturday we're sleeping in today. -Si
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-25-2019 at 04:37 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does one accomplish anything in life with Se PoLR?

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

embrace it

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

embrace it
    How does that accomplish anything?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

By being of service to people. The professions that are good for this are seamstress, social services, teaching etc. And keeping a small and efficient household
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am applying for a job near Los Angeles. It's my dream job in my dream location. I know the competition is fierce and my application is not as polished as I want it to be because I just don't have time time right now, but it still feels empowering. Even if I don't get this job, I will have all materials ready for more applications.

#operationnomorewinter #takemeback
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I am applying for a job near Los Angeles. It's my dream job in my dream location. I know the competition is fierce and my application is not as polished as I want it to be because I just don't have time time right now, but it still feels empowering. Even if I don't get this job, I will have all materials ready for more applications.

#operationnomorewinter #takemeback
    lol

maybe this time you'll meet me
    -

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    By being of service to people. The professions that are good for this are seamstress, social services, teaching etc. And keeping a small and efficient household
    So teacher or house wife? Got it.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does that accomplish anything?
    Idk, maybe you can improve yourself, your weak spots, instead of excusing yourself behind socionics

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Idk, maybe you can improve yourself, your weak spots, instead of excusing yourself behind socionics
    Or accept yourself
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My husband last night
    “Mom... I’ll pick you up from the airport.” Shoulders responsibility.
    Me: babe this is the heart of LA, you will be uncomfortable driving there. Would you like me to drive I can see what’s about to come
    Him: no. I’m driving.
    Me: okay babe (I know the heavy bitching about how congested and awful LA is is about to come up so I prepare to make it as easy as possible for him)

In the heart of terminal 5
    Him: I HATE La. look at this, packed like sardines (bitching continues)
    Me: babe we don’t live in LAX lol
    Him: yes we do
    Me: WOULD you like me to drive honey?
    Him: (will not give up responsibility) NO you sit back and relax

“While negativist LSE prefers to do everything himself, which is more convenient for the EII. The EII prefers to guide and manage than run errands for anyone, and even then he tries not to assume too much responsibility.
    -

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you got it figured out and you're just not telling us?

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what works for me, I would definitely see it not working for everyone else. when I engage in Se it's really draining, it's the result of me being "fed up" by the circumstances and people around me, but after the Se release, I always realize I needed that.. it gives me many Ni "aha" moments, makes me think " if only I could have done this in the proper time!". esprit de l'escalier.

if you can step out of socionics' fixed mentality for a sec, I'm sure that engaging in activities that you don't normally consider would be really beneficial for your growth.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

what works for me, I would definitely see it not working for everyone else. when I engage in Se it's really draining, it's the result of me being "fed up" by the circumstances and people around me, but after the Se release, I always realize I needed that.. it gives me many Ni "aha" moments, makes me think " if only I could have done this in the proper time!". esprit de l'escalier.

if you can step out of socionics' fixed mentality for a sec, I'm sure that engaging in activities that you don't normally consider would be really beneficial for your growth.
    What is Se release?

And what do you mean being engaged with Se?
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imposing your will onto others, not submitting under pressure (to me, this equals =getting mad )

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

imposing your will onto others, not submitting under pressure (to me, this equals =getting mad )
    So you do it and it gets you tired?
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, drained more than tired... it's extremely challenging for myself and the people around , but despite that momentary feel, those moments are giving me lots of unexpected boons, as if karma... I think it's my body reacting, when I keep pushing its senses down.. and body has a great animal intelligence, it must be listened.. it can reveal great truths.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

yes, drained more than tired... it's extremely challenging for myself and the people around , but despite that momentary feel, those moments are giving me lots of unexpected boons, as if karma... I think it's my body reacting, when I keep pushing its senses down.. and body has a great animal intelligence, it must be listened.. it can reveal great truths.
    So why don’t you just not do it all together?
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because I'm not fit for that? it's draining.. again. I just don't think that what's perceived bad must only have bad consequences, our polrs are really good teachers if we learn to listen to them