Thread: Socionics For Dummies

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    according to Filatova SLE balls are 3" across and Olimpia measured this guy and he turned out to have tiny 1" soyboy balls ergo Fi
    Sorry to disappoint, but I don't measure balls, even if they are Se ego.

Wait... did you just admit you have tiny balls?
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Dat Role.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

according to Filatova SLE balls are 3" across
    It's evident, Watson. SLE often cheat, IEI girls hit them at balls and those swell to become bigger.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    It's evident, Watson. SLE often cheat, IEI girls hit them at balls and those swell to become bigger.
    Wtf haha

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mAAd city View Post
    Hmmmmmmm.

1 thing I'm curious about: Naranjo says that type 9 can be super extroverted, as in taking all of the focus away from their inner world/feelings. He even correlates it with Kiersey's ESFJ (though, IIRC, he also correlates with Si or ISTJ in MBTI terms). From your list, it seems like you think that 9 is almost always IxFx in Socionics terms. Is there any room for any Socionics extrovert to type as 9 or no?

What you described sounds more like a 7, they extrovert and look outside of theirselves to avoid being with the pain that's inside of them.

9s withdraw from other people because of different reasons. one is that they dont want to deal with others problems and conflicts (whereas a 7, and most likely 7 with a 8 fix, can find arguments exciting and fun, because it removes boredom and sadness), and another is that they risk getting chastized for something if they do whatever they want in company of other people, so its easier to be alone and just do whatever they want. This is how I've interpreted it anyway.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Sorry to disappoint, but I don't measure balls, even if they are Se ego.

Wait... did you just admit you have tiny balls?
    yes

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    What you described sounds more like a 7, they extrovert and look outside of theirselves to avoid being with the pain that's inside of them.

9s withdraw from other people because of different reasons. one is that they dont want to deal with others problems and conflicts (whereas a 7, and most likely 7 with a 8 fix, can find arguments exciting and fun, because it removes boredom and sadness), and another is that they risk getting chastized for something if they do whatever they want in company of other people, so its easier to be alone and just do whatever they want. This is how I've interpreted it anyway.
    His words, not mine.

But he means it more as them being dead inside. They aren't necessarily sociable or hyperactive like 7s are.
    Always welcome typing advice. :]

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

according to Filatova SLE balls are 3" across and Olimpia measured this guy and he turned out to have tiny 1" soyboy balls ergo Fi
    There is hope
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mAAd city View Post
    His words, not mine.

But he means it more as them being dead inside. They aren't necessarily sociable or hyperactive like 7s are.
    They're not dead inside lol

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    They're not dead inside lol
    I think he refers to them having a lack of "interiority," however that is to be interpreted. Or I've heard "asleep to themselves" from other authors as well.

I don't personally think that they're dead inside either, I was being tongue-in-cheek with that wording.
    Always welcome typing advice. :]

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No, extroverted 5s don't exist.
    No, introverted 7s don't exist.

If you self type as ILE 5, you are likely LII-Ne 5.
    If you self type as Ixxx 7, something's wrong with you. You are probably a try hard 9 or 5. Stop it.
    LSI-Se 7 exists. You're wrong.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    LSI-Se 7 exists. You're wrong.
    You mean 6w7 LSI-Se ?
    Yeah, they can often come across as 7 core.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You mean 6w7 LSI-Se ?
    Yeah, they can often come across as 7 core.
    No, I mean 7w6

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    No, I mean 7w6
    Probably a mistyped SLE then.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Probably a mistyped SLE then.
    No lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram needs another 7 descriptions to make 16

Otherwise we just have to put everyone else in E6

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Counting wings you have 18.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Emotions vs Fe (for Advanced Dummies)

"Strategic" emotional expression (mainly through things like tone of voice, facial expressions, and "emotional charge") is , according to my understanding. Just being "emotional" doesn't make you Fe Ego (or Demonstrative). It's about the strategic use of emotional expression for certain goals. Those goals are usually tied to the person's Quadra (and instinctual stacking; make sure you can differentiate between the two, for Sx/So typically seems Beta without necessarily being so etc.). In that manner, non-Fe-valuing types also engage in Fe. Especially ExFps do so; but for them, the Fe is used for their Quadra values, which do not include Fe. With Fe Ego types, the Fe itself is part of their value system; so they use Fe for its own sake.

When you are just being "emotional", there is no particular strategy or goal attached to it. You cannot help yourself. You feel sad, you cry. You are happy, you laugh. But there is no "agenda" or strategy. That is not necessarily (strong) Fe, that is just having emotions. (Though it seems like IxTx-Tx individuals tend to feel "less" on a regular basis, so there is some correlation between weak Fe and "weak emotions". But I think this also depends on neuroticism levels; the higher your neuroticism, the more negative emotions you'll have on a regular basis, no matter your type.) On the other hand, Fe cries so that others cry with them; Fe laughs so that others laugh with them, etc. Fe tries to transfer to or conjure up specific emotions in other people strategically through the use of visible and/or audible emotional expression. And people who have strong Fe (ExFx) are the most skilled at doing so, with Fe leads being the most focused on it. They are in touch with people's emotions all the time; it is as if those emotions formed an energy field all around them, and the Fe lead person moves within it, trying to "turn on" or "turn off" certain areas, depending on what seems the most appropriate in the moment.

P.S: That "strategic" employment of Fe is largely coming naturally to Fe ego and particularly Lead types. It is not like they consciously try to be or act that way, they just "are" and do so.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 01-19-2018 at 03:50 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Se and its psychological qualities

Se is not only about physical pressure or force, but also (or mainly?) about the psychological kind.

Strong -Se would be best at applying psychological pressure, whereas strong +Se is best at resisting it.

SLE vs SEE

Unstoppable force vs Immovable object

Note: Both SLE and SEE can use both + and - Se, but they favor one notation over the other.

If you want someone to make the enemy bow down to them, find an SLE.
    If you want someone to resist the opposition's pressure, find an SEE.

Tell an SEE (or LSx-Sx) to do something they don't want to do. You'll bite on granite.
    Tell an SLE (or ESx-Sx) they cannot do something they wanna do. They'll do anything to prove you wrong and do it anyway.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Type 9 clue

If you are prone to adapting to people (friends, romantic partners, parents etc.),
    for example in the form of adopting their interests or somewhat morphing your personality to fits theirs,
    you are most likely 9 fix and/or wing.

The more so, the 'higher up' the 9 is in your tritype.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Type 3 coat

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol xD good thread. You should create a blog about socionics because it's hard to read backwards xDD

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Lol xD good thread. You should create a blog about socionics because it's hard to read backwards xDD
    Here

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh crap. That's cool! You actually do that?? 😂 thanks

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Wink Flirting Game

The way someone flirts is gonna reveal which IEs they value; and if you are very observant, also whether they are a static or dynamic type.

Let's play a game. Can you guess their type?

I smile while making eye contact. I also say horribly cheesy things, like "what's cookin' good lookin'?" as I pat him on the shoulder, or make horrible puns. I'm very playful and like to stay upbeat. This gets the guy to relax more around me, and eventually leads to good conversation... gets better from there.

Ne/Si valuing Ethical Extrovert (IEE specifically)

Firstly, I will not be interested unless I already know them fairly well. Then I just say it, simply because I want to avoid confusion.

Fi ego

Flirting is my favorite sport on either side of the equation. I wish more people just flirted with each other, without it having to be so loaded for some. It just shows we have attraction for/appreciation for/enjoyment of others and life itself, all of which are worth celebrating and playing with.

Ti ego

I don't flirt at all. Flirting lacks serious intent by definition. If I expressed attraction to someone, I would take it seriously.

Te Creative (ILI specifically)

I used to struggle with chasing games but when I met my current partner it was totally mutual interest and I love that. No head games no pain just direct honesty and openness.

Ne/Si valuing

[L]ove is about mutual respect and communication and not about "chasing" people. "Chasing" a person who is not interested is rude and not cool

Delta, most likely EII-Fi

If we have vibing rapport with one another, and there appears to be mutual interest, I'm straight up asking her out. If she says no, I'm moving on. If I get asked out but say no, she's gotta move on. That simple.

Ij male (Static introvert; Se Creative specifically)

I love being chased, but I also love the feeling of flirting and winning someone's attention xD

Ni/Se valuing Ethical

Used to be horrible at it. Found it to be very awkward/annoying/fake. But now, when I'm having fun and totally let myself go, it just sort of happens. But even that is just like...throwing balloons at people at the dance and slapping people with my ponytail. Being a goofball and enjoying the attention. But leading someone on? That's just not cool. I would never want to do that. And if I had serious feelings for someone, I would probably either give big hints or just straight out tell them, once I got the courage.

Delta NF

I'm so fucking clueless on this shit. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't notice she likes me till her tongue is half way down my throat. Or when I do think they're flirting it's really just being nice..FML. oh yeah..

Ni ego, especially Lead

I suck at casual. I dont flirt for fun. Don't flirt with me unless you are really interested.

Gamma

[My husband] [w]ouldn't know if someone was coming on to him if they jumped them and started grinding on him.

ILI husband

It's all or nothing... when there's chemistry, the anticipation of physical contact is the best part. Once it happens, all "rules" go out the window. But one wrong move on their part and it's instant ice queen.

ESI woman

Overtly. Though it may seem subtle to the "flirtee"

Ij (Static introvert; Se Creative specifically)

If they had cameras in our house they could make a show out of it. Some of the stuff we say makes us crack up so hard. We playfight a lot or fence with words. Funny thing is our friends all get uncomfortable because they think its real fights.

Beta ST (SLE specifically)

It's pretty simple. See something we like, investigate it further. As in interacting, up close, right in the mix. There's no special method or scheme. It's like the Nike slogan--Just Do It.

Beta ST (LSI-Se specifically)

I touch you and make dirty jokes.

Se ego (likely Lead)

I suppose what I'm saying is that the more one flirts with [me] the more [I] respond if [I] like you. If not, then [I] will go awkward.

EIE
    Last edited by Olimpia; 02-10-2018 at 08:36 AM.

*********** 21-04-19:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    do you think ALL Reinin dichotomies are garbage?
    All of them have no good basis to be used. Too far from the core Jung's theory and without significant experimental basis. There are many hypotheses of similar status. Reinin's traits became popular mostly because they were described by Augustinavichiute where she said it's rather raw. There was Lytov's article about them. They need experimental basis to be taken seriously.

> I kind of like the idea behind them.

It's better to avoid so doubtful theory on practice - you'll risk lesser to mistake because it may be wrong partly or completely.
    Jung's dichotomies and 8 functions, model A, and IR are enough.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I gotta admit, I enjoyed learning about Reinin dichotomies when they were new to me, but in practice I never use them because they're too sketchy to be more helpful than misleading. they're basically an interesting novelty but you can do everything they do (at present) better via other means, namely typing

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Te PoLR Love Note

Haha.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going through multiple socionics articles about the same topic, written by 6 different experts.... and well I realized one thing: the best (?) thing in socionics is that none agrees on anything.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Introduction in MBTI terms

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that guy rules

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If you say to a girl about wrong type in her profile and she becomes angry, there is good chance she types her lover to dual of that type.
    If this girl changes the type in her profile after time, then probably she's in new relations.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

people can either retype everyone around them or retype themselves, the bottom line is they're adjusting their worldview based on new perceptions (the irrational method). and the third way is the gulenko/sol method which is to create an entirely new typology (rational). its not that people don't update their worldview its how they prefer to go about it. im tired about the complaints that this happens, it can't not happen if you're paying attention. everyone does it, it boils back down to preference as to how. that people try to understand themselves and others at all is the therapeutic value of socionics and its what unites everyone here

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Introduction in MBTI terms

Socionics for dummies literally is just MBTI. So this fits.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Socionics for dummies literally is just MBTI. So this fits.
    MBT was Jung dummies from the start, which even can't understand what Jung have written about functional model of introverts

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you complain a lot at work and about work?

You might be delta.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post

Banned
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    If you say to a girl about wrong type in her profile and she becomes angry, there is good chance she types her lover to dual of that type.
    If this girl changes the type in her profile after time, then probably she's in new relations.
    You talk about type on profiles? zzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If a girl guy whatever asked me my mbti, it would be like yeah no this isnt going.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Childlike 4s are essentially like tortured children, at unhealthy levels.

*********** 21-04-19:

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast