Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ryan's Type

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@COOL_AND_MANLY, for whatever reason I haven’t seen many of your posts, so I’m not sure I have a well-formed impression of you. For what it’s worth you don’t strike me as LII; this kind of thing is difficult to tell from writing, but you seem to have a more direct style of communication and ‘presence’ where LIIs are more impersonal, abstract, and long-winded. To some extent this description is true of most intuitive types, so I’d tally points for being a sensor. I also guess that most LIIs wouldn’t confuse themselves with SLEs. ILEs might, but generally they seem more ‘playful’, and something else makes me think ILE to be unlikely. I also get the impression you’re Fe-valuing, which others have mentioned a few times — that restricts possible choices to Alpha and Beta.

If we further restrict our choices to sensing types, we have Beta STs and Alpha SFs. LSI seems the most likely to me because of their similarities with both LIIs and SLEs, and because your post about not wanting to be a bouncer/work in a high-Se environment makes SLE seem unlikely. “But FP,” you may say, “Isn’t Se an LSI’s creative function? Wouldn’t an LSI feel comfortable in that environment?” To which I’d reply “I dunno man, but in my anecdotal experience LSIs don’t usually seem willing to do such work or be too mean for very long; maybe it’s because of they’re Fe-seeking.”

The other option is of course Alpha SFs. I don’t actually think Sol’s guess was as terrible as it sounds, but, regardless, I’d also rule out SEI. For one, SEIs are more wrapped up in their thoughts, and this usually produces a definite impression in writing which you don’t give. For another, I think SEIs are probably the most unlikely, after Se-vulnerable types, to identify with Se-types. ESE might be an option. To be honest I’m not sure how ESEs tend to communicate through writing, but I wouldn’t guess you’re an extraverted type.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    @COOL_AND_MANLY, for whatever reason I haven’t seen many of your posts, so I’m not sure I have a well-formed impression of you. For what it’s worth you don’t strike me as LII; this kind of thing is difficult to tell from writing, but you seem to have a more direct style of communication and ‘presence’ where LIIs are more impersonal, abstract, and long-winded. To some extent this description is true of most intuitive types, so I’d tally points for being a sensor. I also guess that most LIIs wouldn’t confuse themselves with SLEs. ILEs might, but generally they seem more ‘playful’, and something else makes me think ILE to be unlikely. I also get the impression you’re Fe-valuing, which others have mentioned a few times — that restricts possible choices to Alpha and Beta.

If we further restrict our choices to sensing types, we have Beta STs and Alpha SFs. LSI seems the most likely to me because of their similarities with both LIIs and SLEs, and because your post about not wanting to be a bouncer/work in a high-Se environment makes SLE seem unlikely. “But FP,” you may say, “Isn’t Se an LSI’s creative function? Wouldn’t an LSI feel comfortable in that environment?” To which I’d reply “I dunno man, but in my anecdotal experience LSIs don’t usually seem willing to do such work or be too mean for very long; maybe it’s because of they’re Fe-seeking.”

The other option is of course Alpha SFs. I don’t actually think Sol’s guess was as terrible as it sounds, but, regardless, I’d also rule out SEI. For one, SEIs are more wrapped up in their thoughts, and this usually produces a definite impression in writing which you don’t give. For another, I think SEIs are probably the most unlikely, after Se-vulnerable types, to identify with Se-types. ESE might be an option. To be honest I’m not sure how ESEs tend to communicate through writing, but I wouldn’t guess you’re an extraverted type.
    I'd like to give this more thought before replying because it's not an unreasonable typing. I don't agree with the conclusions, but at this point it would look like I'm deflecting and not taking things in. I will admit that I don't challenge most people's typings because some of them seem to be looking for support and not the truth, which is just as valid to me. But I'm not like that. I like it when people see me differently than how I see myself and actually communicate that. So I'm going to savour this and enjoy it as much as possible lol. I also don't think you know me well so I'll give you more time to think about it before I attempt to change your mind. Ideally I'd rather you reach that conclusion yourself. It's honestly a boring task.

However, I'd like to expand on something. I wouldn't type myself SLE, I just get along with SLEs more than LSIs. I'm guessing because of similar cognitive styles.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Who is Ryan lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Who is Ryan lol
    I presume COOL AND MANLY.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You are not
    LII
    EII
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hum a lot of what you write is out of perception of events however some things strike me like you notice the qualities of a type “LSE don’t make good psychologist” you identify people by groups (?)

I want to say the following types are circulating in my head
    SLE
    SEE

That you don’t mind testing people and watch their behavior
    LSE

This stands out to me as type relevant

“I've never had much issues with authority (not a thoughtless rebel), but I don't consider anyone above me either, so that always gets me into trouble. ”

In terms of how you view hierarchy

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    Sol you are a horrible typist. Using people's avatars? Do you realize how many different types of art people can be interested in? Using someone's avatar and username to type when there could literally be a plethora of reasons behind the choosing of such. You suck.

-

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ENFp (??????)

LSE can recognize the chain of command
    -

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hum a lot of what you write is out of perception of events however some things strike me like you notice the qualities of a type “LSE don’t make good psychologist” you identify people by groups (?)
    I said according to socionics. I don't take it as gospel, but if I'm debating someone I'm going to bring relevant things that I don't necessarily believe in to prove a point.

"In professional sense, SHTIRLITS is suitable for work practically anywhere where work requires realistic knowledge, high qualification, and that implies responsibility. They make for excellent architects, designers, pharmacists, surgeons, stomatologists, businessmen, chemists, physics, publishers, and so forth. But it is best that they do not engage in psychology."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well those are only facts. I feel like you are ENFP
    -

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well those are only facts. I feel like you are ENFP
    Are you sure?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    Are you sure?
    Or SLE I’m in between things right now
    -

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or SLE I’m in between things right now
    Haha. Alright, take your time.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

“I may know what they are doing (Te) but I can't understand why they are doing it, so the implications of their actions are not always readily visible.“
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I’m just trying to sift through your writing about yourself to find things that point to type

It’s not easy to do that because a lot of what we write is not type related
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Backtracking: I couldn’t determine if one of the only relevant piece of information about how you view hierarchy fit into the Aristocratic Quadra. So back to square one. That answer, how you view authority is not hierarchically structural- I just found out that ESTJ, ENFP and ESTP can all have those view about themselves in a workplace
    -

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how people generally describe you irl?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Too many possibilities are circulating in my head right now @bouncingoffclouds I may need to step away and let the Ne simmer down a bit and then I can make Judgements
    -

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol mood

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    how people generally describe you irl?
    I don't have any recent comments. God, I'd hate to ask people that. It sounds like I'm fishing for compliments.

I was trying to find the last report I received but I don't have any access to it right now. Something like "Hardworking. Always on time. Determined."

I'll probably post something relevant once I'm back at work and check my file. I'm currently off. But it's going to be mostly work related stuff.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't have any recent comments. God, I'd hate to ask people that. It sounds like I'm fishing for compliments.

I was trying to find the last report I received but I don't have any access to it right now. Something like "Hardworking. Always on time. Determined."

I'll probably post something relevant once I'm back at work and check my file. I'm currently off. But it's going to be mostly work related stuff.
    Type is not outward behavior
    It is not what objects you are into but how you are oriented towards objects. With objects I either express my feelings or see many potentials
    -

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In conversations, people sometimes describe each other, like X is warm/cold, talkative/silent, I was talking about those brief descriptions. Different types of people describe me differently even though they witnessed the same behavior. I sometimes think that their observations are solid and I sometimes don't. However, there are numbers of adjectives that most people use to describe me, we all have our patterns. I was just curious about how people describe you in order to understand the interaction you establish with your environment. I was not planning to type you solely based on descriptions made by people I don't know.

I also asked a general question in order to capture what comes up to your mind initially to map out other questions. Why have you mentioned how your supervisors/colleagues describe you instead of how your friends describe you? How much time do you spend for work? Why the amount of your salary is important to you? How often do you get socialize irl?

Your previous posts on other threads made me think that you are more closer to strategic way of comprehending instead of tactical one in other words N creative/N seeking> N polr/N HA. Your S/Te is stronger than mine, however, I haven't ruled out LII because of that since each representative of a certain type can have different level of emphasis on each function.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In conversations, people sometimes describe each other, like X is warm/cold, talkative/silent, I was talking about those brief descriptions. Different types of people describe me differently even though they witnessed the same behavior. I sometimes think that their observations are solid and I sometimes don't. However, there are numbers of adjectives that most people use to describe me, we all have our patterns. I was just curious about how people describe you in order to understand the interaction you establish with your environment. I was not planning to type you solely based on descriptions made by people I don't know.
    Like I said nothing recent jumps to me. I'd have to dig really deep to get something tangible. I've never been in a situation where the subject of my character was discussed, at least in my presence, recently. I'd find it actually rather odd if someone described me out of the blue.

I did get a comment from a superior at work. My training was delayed because another superior kept giving me bad reviews. I couldn't care less about it at the time because I thought I was going to get the training regardless. Apparently they valued me too much and wanted my opinion. I said I knew I was being treated unfairly but I didn't care enough to report it. He said he knows I'm very soft spoken but I need to speak up sometimes. I did get the training eventually.

There is actually one thing that I kept seeing on my training file over and over again "Speech rate is too fast. Slow down. Needs to speak up. Too many pilots saying say again." I work in ATC btw.

Why have you mentioned how your supervisors/colleagues describe you instead of how your friends describe you?
    Because I spend most of my time at work or at home.

Most of my current friends are also colleagues but we very rarely talk about such personal topics. The topics we discuss are: work, kids, money, movies, investments, etc.

How much time do you spend for work?
    I do shift work. Six days of work, four days off.

Why the amount of your salary is important to you?
    Partly because I don't want to worry about living pay check to pay check. But mostly because my older brother used to tell me when I was younger that I'm all books smarts but that won't translate to being successful at work/life. So I took it as a challenge. He made a lot of money. I made more. At some point I realized that even though I didn't care much about money it's still something worth investing my time into. I became good at managing my finances and understood the importance of having high income to build wealth. I kept improving rapidly and it was fun, so I became obsessed about money, finance and the economy in general.

How often do you get socialize irl?
    Not much. I can spend weeks without going out. I get enough of it at work. If I really need to go out and none of my friends is around I just drive to the nearest cinema and watch a movie alone.

I also play videogames.

TIM
    EII-Fi, 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi/Te values seem most evident to me. It's speculation but Gamma > Delta.

What do you tend to be bothered by the most in others?

What do you tend to respect or appreciate the most in others?
    Typing
    Gallery
    | Sedecology
    Network
    Tumblr
    Assessment (Beta)
    Socionics | Instinct

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to give this more thought before replying because it's not an unreasonable typing. I don't agree with the conclusions, but at this point it would look like I'm deflecting and not taking things in. I will admit that I don't challenge most people's typings because some of them seem to be looking for support and not the truth, which is just as valid to me. But I'm not like that. I like it when people see me differently than how I see myself and actually communicate that. So I'm going to savour this and enjoy it as much as possible lol. I also don't think you know me well so I'll give you more time to think about it before I attempt to change your mind. Ideally I'd rather you reach that conclusion yourself. It's honestly a boring task.

However, I'd like to expand on something. I wouldn't type myself SLE, I just get along with SLEs more than LSIs. I'm guessing because of similar cognitive styles.
    LSI’s just a suggestion. I’m not an expert typer or anything like that. If you don’t think it’s right, my word’s far from gospel.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toska View Post
    What do you tend to be bothered by the most in others?
    Aggressiveness and domineering behaviour. Self interest.

What do you tend to respect or appreciate the most in others?
    A positive attitude.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Aggressiveness and domineering behaviour. Self interest.

A positive attitude.
    Do you need help in practical aspects of your life like grocery shopping like buying a pot to cook in?
    -

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi/Te values seem most evident to me.
    How? based on what?

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you need help in practical aspects of your life like grocery shopping like buying a pot to cook in?
    Yes, I'm disabled. I forgot how funny you are.

No. I do my own grocery shopping. If I could order it online I would. It's boring.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Have you ever had a papercut? How did this make you feel?

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Have you ever had a papercut? How did this make you feel?
    AAAAAAARGH

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

AAAAAAARGH

If you were an inkblot, what would you be?

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you were an inkblot, what would you be?
    Are you trying to bore me to death? One Maritsa is enough.

I have no idea and I don't care.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Are you trying to bore me to death? One Maritsa is enough.

I have no idea and I don't care.
    FiNe. Let's move on.

Would you prefer to be caught masturbating by your father or your mother? Explain your reasoning with examples.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

this message is intentionally left blank. read into that what you will.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FiNe. Let's move on.

Would you prefer to be caught masturbating by your father or your mother? Explain your reasoning with examples.
    I don't care either way. Pretty sure both of them caught me masturbating multiple times. They know better than to walk into my room uninvited.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes, I'm disabled. I forgot how funny you are.

No. I do my own grocery shopping. If I could order it online I would. It's boring.
    The correct way of saying that is “I have accessibilities”
    -

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The correct way of saying that is “I have accessibilities”

That is a beautiful baby, btw.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It may not look much to you from the point of view of thousands of people with accessibilities who fought to have the stigma of “unable” removed from them
    -

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Beautiful sky

I'm lost. What did I do now? I lose a brain cell every time we chat.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast