Thread: LIIs-INTjs being laid back

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LIIs-INTjs being laid back

He appears extremely uncompromising, often looks down with a piercing look from under his philosopher’s forehead.
    Being "laid back" is pretty much all I'm known for. Does this apply to all LIIs?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: LIIs being laid back

Quote Originally Posted by intjguy
    He appears extremely uncompromising, often looks down with a piercing look from under his philosopher’s forehead.
    Being "laid back" is pretty much all I'm known for. Does this apply to all LIIs?
    I'm generally very laid back. That sentence seems to describe me on a very bad day when I'm feeling defensive.
    INTj

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. If being laid back is one of your most obvious characteristics, you are most likely not an LII.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    No. If being laid back is one of your most obvious characteristics, you are most likely not an LII.
    I disagree. We're stoic Fi's combined with Fe seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    I guess I can look pretty uncompromising and stubborn, with arms folded and such, if I don't agree with someone's idea; but at heart I'm not really like that. (In my head, I can be like it though .)
    I appear this way 100% during class, being indifferent to the topic and preferring independent study makes me look psycho.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irrelevant. INTjs are not laid back, not in the usual sense of the word anyway. And if there is another sense in which some of them can be seen as laid back, such a trait is certainly not common among INTjs. INTjs are calm -- but not laid back.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irrelevant. INTjs are not laid back, not in the usual sense of the word anyway. And if there is another sense in which some of them can be seen as laid back, such a trait is certainly not common among INTjs. INTjs are calm -- but not laid back.
    Then how would you describe the "usual sense of the word" for laid back?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another testament to my peculiar quarter-life change. I used to be quite intimidating this way, very very stubborn. Now I just think it's not worth the Se pressure to argue everything. Though, some people have said they think I'm intimidating but only because i don't smile all the time.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merry + Reasonable (Alpha) pretty much qualifies any person for being called laid-back in my opinion... Sigh; just confusion over a word.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    Merry + Reasonable (Alpha) pretty much qualifies any person for being called laid-back in my opinion... Sigh; just confusion over a word.
    It seems like a lot of arguments devolve into semantics. Starting with definitions is usually a good way to avoid that pitfall. I do agree that INTJs (relating to my brother here) can be laid back. However, I also remember plenty of times in our younger days when my brother would confrontationally probe everyone else with endless questions (frequently from the Devil's Advocate side just to get things going) and it would carry on until my sister would start screaming at him to shut up (seriously, she would sink into an almost primal rage). Still, he seemed to enjoy it immensely and usually could (and always would if he found them) point out inconsistencies in whatever was said, which was what I think drove my sisters up the wall the most. Out of all of us, I was the most patient with him, maybe because I could hang the best with his style and his brilliance (both of us pretty effortlessly made the cutoff for the Talented-And-Gifted program at our school. My brother tested at 146, a few points more than me). Still, he would almost always 'beat' me with this or that logical point. I have to say though, I learned more from discussing things with my brother than I have from most any of my teachers.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I tend to see people on a scale from extremely serious to extremely laid-back, and I think I adjust my behaviour accordingly - but I think I find it easier for me to be serious than laid-back - it is safer ground for me. When I play Devil's Advocate, I can be very serious or very laid-back - it depends on who I'm arguing with. I tend to exaggerate and use reductio ad absurdums even about things I take very seriously - I don't expect people to initially understand the finer points of things, so I might appear laid-back in this way, when trying to find some common ground. Appearing laid-back is also my safety net - if someone proves me wrong, or doesn't like my argument, I can immediately start talking about the relevance of jelly babies or something.

Creepy-bg

jelly babies!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Then how would you describe the "usual sense of the word" for laid back?
    It all comes down to the fundamental general differences between rationals and irrationals. If you truly understand it, you can literally see, hear, and feel the differences in every real life person you meet. The differences between rationals and irrationals have been described by numerous socionists, and also by MBTI theorists. Rick's list on observable features is a good start.

To be "laid back" means (among other things) that you tend not to worry so much. Rational types -- every one of them -- are generally more worried. Rational types can be calm, but they are not as relaxed as irrational types. This is an observable difference between them, and that difference is felt when you interact with them. Rational types (including LIIs) tend to stress more than irrational types.

So, the term "laid back" is clearly misleading when applied to LIIs. As I have already said, LIIs are calm, but they are not relaxed, and they worry more than a typical irrational type. ILIs are laid back, LIIs are not.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    If you truly understand it, you can literally [...] feel the differences in every real life person you meet.
    O RLY?
    Yes, of course. It's an intuitive impression of the person's type, and when it comes to the differences between rationals and irrationals, you can often be certain of it. Some of you on this forum don't seem to be that much acquainted with real life examples of the types. That's bad, because it is necessary if you want to get the types right and be able to spot them in an instant or close to that.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who know me well generally think of me as chill/laid back. It's hard to pinpoint this attribute if you're first getting to know me, because I'm on the quieter side. I'm willing to see multiple sides of a coin and go with the flow. I won't impose my agenda or how it should be on others. I think that this applies to xIIs and INxJs in general.

Ne is willing to see different possibilities, and while fi or ti makes judgements, it is combined with this attribute. I go with the flow, and I don't like to influence/control what's going on much, sitting back and watching it all play out. I also let people do what they want, and am opened to many different types of people.

So it can go either way with xIIs. I am laid-back except well-- when I'm not. When there is another personality that clashes with mine, or my anxiety begins to spill over, this is one of those moments.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're never laid back but we're always cool. Hey! Don't. Touch. The. Hair.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LII-Ne subtypes may often appear laid-back but this is more an indication that they're procrastinating or of two minds about some decision and or uncertain that they have all the information; laid-back may be just an excuse or a weak rationalization for being as such. However, it's almost a certainty that most of those LIIs will also be filled with a certain amount self-loathing because they're that way. For me, the term "laid-back" has a more of a don't-give-a-damn element; now, many LIIs are capable of ruthlessly disregarding much but they're usually always giving-a-damn about something.......

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    For a LII it's more likely to get laid than being laid back. And they're all virgins.
    I've known only one 40-year-old INTj and one 30-year-old ISTp who were virgins likely due to personal baggage, and not specifically type although type coloured the baggage. Usually, it's physical unattractiveness or biological factors that prevent people from fulfilling the human prime directive of propagating the species - it's certainly not type. Those virgins that you know are likely trying their best to no longer be one........

a.k.a. I/O

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, asexuality exists.
    To think about myself in desire level [even tough I am not one]... I have never wanted it enough to actually put lots of effort in it. Some people seem to think otherwise based on first perception [false perception of sympathy that drives this species and makes us wrongly categorize people] but no I do not go around the village chasing a partner.

I must say that it is my personal project to prove myself to a nature that I'm not "part of it".
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 03-23-2020 at 02:43 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that you had to post a thread asking "do laid back LII's exist?" ought to give you your answer on whether or not LII's are predisposed toward relaxation.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The LIIs I know were laid back in a sense but also kind of paraonid/uptight around authority figure due to their polr like... not wanting to challenge or piss them off in anyway and like just overly following them and going along with them sometimes due to their se polr I think. (all types with one or two dimesional se are probably easily manipulated by powerful people in a way but if its ur polr then it seems like you'd be especially susceptible to it?)

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I might look laid back to some people who just kind of see me around but anyone who knows me knows I've always got some kind of crazy shit going on in my head.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    The LIIs I know were laid back in a sense but also kind of paraonid/uptight around authority figure due to their polr like... not wanting to challenge or piss them off in anyway and like just overly following them and going along with them sometimes due to their se polr I think. (all types with one or two dimesional se are probably easily manipulated by powerful people in a way but if its ur polr then it seems like you'd be especially susceptible to it?)
    I think role Se in particular is: look how much idgaf. I'll do the opposite and shoot myself in the leg proudly. My mother wrote down: When I didn't agree with authority I did everything in exactly opposite way and order. I also manipulated the situation very twistedly behind the scenes and made everyone wtf.

To think about it. These days I even defy our own humanly basic needs. Aka relationship is a trap made by nature. That is quite Se in anti Se kind of way.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 03-24-2020 at 03:57 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny that LIIs can become paranoid with authority figures because I’ve had the same experience myself. With Alphas perhaps it has to do with watching closely a more powerful creature so you can have reaction time to sprint if needed, like cats. Ancient stuff. Perceptive of hierarchy and power yet unable to blend in. Distrustful so we appear more individualistic to others? Like how many alphas can you expect to find in a hooligans firm?

Manipulable by powerful people I’d call someone from a quadra that responds well to hierarchy. They’ll put all their faith in them. From which quadras came all the frontline volunteers in WWI and WWII, I wonder?

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about LIIs being laid back but I'd guess they're not since they're a result, negativist, far-sighted type; what I know for sure that's relevant is that men worry more and are less calm and less laid-back on average than women. Women have it so much easier than men and if men weren't rapists, then women would have it even easier.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't characterize myself that way. But I think a case could be made either way for me. My energy level is pretty constant, and I tend not to get very emotionally upset. On the other hand, I can be anal about certain things, and I tend to be icy with people I don't like.