The Neighborhood Witch Nocturne's Avatar
    TIM
    ESI Sx 4
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@golden

Lol, I literally only used the cigarette thing as an example because it's all I could think of. I don't really reject someone because they smoke. But the process is the same deal.
    𝒯𝒶𝓊𝓇𝓊𝓈 ☼ | 𝒞𝒶𝓅𝓇𝒾𝒸𝑜𝓇𝓃 ☾ | 𝒮𝒸𝑜𝓇𝓅𝒾𝑜 ↑
    ~ 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 ~

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    @golden

Lol, I literally only used the cigarette thing as an example because it's all I could think of. I don't really reject someone because they smoke. But the process is the same deal.
    I understood it was a specific example and in that sense limited. But the thinking process it seemed to reveal was something I couldn’t relate to.

What do you think of what I wrote, apart from the issue of smoking?

Like, one of my basic personal philosophies is that everybody’s crazy, and what matters to me is the extent to which each of us takes responsibility for that. Am I making someone else accommodate me, consistently, way more than 50 percent, or am I trying to see how I affect others and strike a balance? So that’s the kind of principle I adhere to. Do you relate?

It’s not an EIE test, btw, your self-type is up to you, so I’m just providing some feedback with no pressure implied.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ESI Sx 4
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Am I making someone else accommodate me, consistently, way more than 50 percent, or am I trying to see how I affect others and strike a balance? So thats the kind of principle I adhere to. Do you relate?
    Exactly what do you mean by this?
    ~ 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 ~

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly what do you mean by this?
    I can expand on what I said. Everyone has a unique point of view, a unique set of experiences, and a set of problems that their life saddles them with. Whenever people come into contact, those points of view are also meeting. Am I recognizing that my point of view can impinge on yours? Am I making room for yours? Because I see the world this way, as a set of presumably objective data that each of us encounters uniquely, “crazy” is only a matter of degree.

But the reason I mentioned this in the first place is not to propound my philosophy, but to give an example of what functions as a principle in me. And I wondered if that might be true for you, that a principle can be something derived from experience, observation, and insight. Instead of being based on something more like norms, or something that is in the larger, let’s say spiritual arc of time, fleeting.

TIM
    ESI Sx 4
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@golden

I cannot say I relate to that process of thinking, no.
    ~ 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 ~

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As a data point in the Beta NF ~*~group~*~, I relate much more strongly to @golden's process of reasoning than to yours. Again, could also be NTR, related to having had particular kinds of problems to solve in life, to hobbies and interests, etc etc.

Beta group comment is not serious, in case that was not obvious.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    ESI Sx 4
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@golden

I have an actual questionnaire if you would be interested in checking it out. You don't have to, of course, only if you're curious.
    ~ 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 ~

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@golden

I have an actual questionnaire if you would be interested in checking it out. You don't have to, of course, only if you're curious.
    I don’t usually try to type people on here, but I did read it just now. You seem like a very thoughtful person with strong character and grit. Someone I would respect. I share some of your political views but mostly would think you and I are very different from each other.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HMMMM!

TIM
    ESI Sx 4
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I don’t usually try to type people on here, but I did read it just now. You seem like a very thoughtful person with strong character and grit. Someone I would respect. I share some of your political views but mostly would think you and I are very different from each other.
    In what ways?
    ~ 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 ~

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In what ways?
    Too many for a quick post, so I’ll defer this until I have more time.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE is a cool type except for ****** and a majority of other people who are considered evil getting thrown into it. It just seems to revolve around being theatrical. Theatrical is very cool even if you also have to be a drama queen. You don't have to justify your typing to other people. The moment you learn not to battletype is the moment you transcend ordinary humanity anyways.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI as an ESI you don’t strike me as one. First and foremost, it would surprise me to find there are many ESI’s who actually consider themselves witches.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate to a lot of what you've said here, Nocturne. So it makes sense that we share a type.
    Some advice though from what I have learned, what is most important is what type you think yourself as. The thing is, people on the internet likely do not know you irl. People have their own biases and opinions on the functions and stuff. This is why if I am going to type anyone, I always remind them that I can only give them an idea and their true type is something they need to find themselves. I understand feeling the need to justify yourself to people, and trust me when I say the moment you stop doing that is the moment this typology thing gets so much better.

Edit: I'm very interested in witchcraft also. Not too sure parents will be too pleased about that as they'll probs think it's dumb.

TIM
    ESI Sx 4
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE

Kinda stumped right now. Just gonna go typeless for a bit.
    ~ 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 ~

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just gonna go typeless for a bit.
    That's the best type imo.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

youre Fe. Could be ESE “Fe: My friends do consider me "extroverted" and animated, unafraid to share my thoughts and if I feel passionate about something. Likewise, I am likely to use humor in most situations and I've always been "funny", if in an off-beat way. I love to express myself, be that through fashion or some other form of art, and that is a large part of my identity. I tend to have an aura of welcoming, as I've been told, and I've sort of been the "glue" that holds groups together. With that comes a diplomatic sort of nature to myself as well. On a slightly lesser note, but still I think significant, is my way of playful banter in conversation. (May add more to this is comments later)”
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI final type
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the late reply, I've been kinda busy lately.

You'll see me posting gif reactions or memes to... express my expression, for lack of a better descriptor. Play-fighting/insulting is common for me.

Hmmm, yeah, I wold say I'm a pretty principled person. As far as consistency, it is important to me in myself as well as others, however, I don't know if I'm consistent all the time...? I haven't annoyed any Ti-dominants with lack of consistency, though.
    A lot of people do describe me as a bit closed-off and stubborn, but I've not known that to be outside of what an EIE could be...?

As for what exactly I mean by principled... hm. This is just an example, but...

"Smoking cigarettes is bad" -> this person smokes cigarettes -> I may be a little wary of them based on this. Like I said, just an example of how the thought process works.

Or I have kind of strict "I will not smoke myself, because it caused a lot of health problems in my parents.

I kind of see such a thing as being based on an internal principle, I suppose.

~~~~

On an unrelated note, @thehotelambush does any of what I've said seem to indicate a Merry quadra over a more serious one?
    Not really.

The fact that you use reaction gifs is not very meaningful. Yes, some ESIs are more stoic or aloof, but the key is whether, when push comes to shove, you prefer Fe or Fi. Expressing emotions doesn't necessarily conflict with Fi and can even be used to serve it, as a way to build relationships. ESIs mainly have a problem with Fe when it's used to hide the nature of someone's "true feelings" (eg to maintain some semblance of conviviality). You don't seem inclined to use Fe in this way at all and have criticized people who do so.

The cigarettes thing mainly sounds like Ni > Ne.

TIM
    ESI Sx 4
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    ESIs mainly have a problem with Fe when it's used to hide the nature of someone's "true feelings" (eg to maintain some semblance of conviviality). You don't seem inclined to use Fe in this way at all and have criticized people who do so.
    Now this is interesting. Where have you noticed this?
    ~ 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 ~

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why I Chose EIE For My Type...

"Smoking cigarettes is bad" -> this person smokes cigarettes -> I may be a little wary of them based on this. Like I said, just an example of how the thought process works.
    The cigarettes thing mainly sounds like Ni > Ne.
    How/why did you come to that conclusion?!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danali View Post
    How/why did you come to that conclusion?!
    It's forming a negative conclusion about someone based on very little information. The opposite would be Ne - to be open to other aspects of the person being good, or to reserve judgment.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why I Chose EIE For My Type...

It's forming a negative conclusion about someone based on very little information. The opposite would be Ne - to be open to other aspects of the person being good, or to reserve judgment.
    I am confusion.

Isn’t coming to conclusions and judgements an Fx or Tx thing? Especially in this case of smoking being bad and causing one to become wary, isn’t that Fi?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am confusion.

Isn’t coming to conclusions and judgements an Fx or Tx thing? Especially in this case of smoking being bad and causing one to become wary, isn’t that Fi?
    In the context of an ESI, Fi and Ni are very closely connected. Similarly for Ni and Ti in an LSI. But whether it's Ti or Fi in this particular case is not so clear.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the context of an ESI, Fi and Ni are very closely connected. Similarly for Ni and Ti in an LSI. But whether it's Ti or Fi in this particular case is not so clear.
    Oh! I think I get it now!

So Ni Picked up on the pattern that "people that smoke act a certain kind of way". Then one of the judging functions dictated this action as "bad". As a result of the Ni pattern @Nocturne picked up, her judging function is telling her "be wary of those kind of people".

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh! I think I get it now!

So Ni Picked up on the pattern that "people that smoke act a certain kind of way". Then one of the judging functions dictated this action as "bad". As a result of the Ni pattern @Nocturne picked up, her judging function is telling her "be wary of those kind of people".
    Actually, in my view Ni is what recognizes it as bad. Fi is what attributes it to the person's character.

I realize this goes completely against the classical understanding of judging / rationality, so you can take it or leave it.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Ni can recognize it as bad. Intuition is something like a thought or perception, not an evaluation of something. On the one hand I don't want to go into an MBTI complaint about how everyone's a sensor or something because I don't think people here really are but it doesn't seem like much anyone here knows what intuition actually is either and just infer that they're intuitive types from the overall profiles. Intuition doesn't mean that you're Kurt Cobain or that you're high all the time or something. Some of the types mean that but that's not what the faculty of intuition is. Intuition is just a fancy word for direct perception (not sensory perception.) Hopefully you can find that faculty in yourself somewhere no matter what your type is so you can observe and understand it. Ironically I think that takes intuition to do though so I might be asking too much of some people.
    Last edited by Metamorph; 02-28-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Intuition is when someone gets a glimpse into your mind and thinks, "WTF?"

TIM
    ESI Sx 4
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE:

I suppose I'm going to make the switch to ESI after all. Will take some adjusting.
    ~ 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 ~

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE:

I suppose I'm going to make the switch to ESI after all. Will take some adjusting.
    Yep, gotta switch your behaviour to match your type, right? /s
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    ESI Sx 4
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    Yep, gotta switch your behaviour to match your type, right? /s
    ....No?
    I mean it's going to take adjusting with the way I understand the theory, because I was getting things wrong before.
    ~ 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 ~

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....No?
    I mean it's going to take adjusting with the way I understand the theory, because I was getting things wrong before.
    I know, lol, it was sarcasm, hence the /s.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    ESI Sx 4
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    I know, lol, it was sarcasm, hence the /s.
    Oh, sorry, I didn't know /s meant sarcasm.
    ~ 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12