Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An EII or an IEI? What sets these two curious creatures apart?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default An EII or an IEI? What sets these two curious creatures apart?

I've had a horrible week and this post will sadly have to meet my quota of activity on the forum. So go ahead and discuss the following question (providing answers would be triple-sweet): What sets these quasi-whatevers apart? Besides IEs, hurr durr.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

quadral values is a good way for ethical types to construe the socion in terms they perceive in high resolution since thinking and sensing can be second rate for them

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EII is repelled by status symbols and competition, IEI embraces status symbols and competition.

IEI tends to ignore large bodies of factual information, EII tends to dwell in large bodies of factual information.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    EII is repelled by status symbols and competition, IEI embraces status symbols and competition.

IEI tends to ignore large bodies of factual information, EII tends to dwell in large bodies of factual information.
    That only digs one's (mine, to be more precise) grave's deeper. I embrace status symbols, but not competition...Unless I win it. That's another thing.
    As for factual information, I rush to sources for refference when I need to #checkmyfacts or something else like that.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    That only digs one's (mine, to be more precise) grave's deeper. I embrace status symbols, but not competition...Unless I win it. That's another thing.
    As for factual information, I rush to sources for refference when I need to #checkmyfacts or something else like that.
    Perhaps you are neither?

I mean, why do you have to be one or the other?

Btw, it sounds like you do embrace competition. "Unless I win it" means somebody loses it, and rubbing that type of thing in someone's face would be repellant to someone with Se polr.

It doesn't sound like Te is your polr either, based on what you're saying. Though I actually have very little to go by.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Penny Dreadful just look at the ies. FiNe sounds a lot different from NiFe than INFp from INFj

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Perhaps you are neither?

I mean, why do you have to be one or the other?

Btw, it sounds like you do embrace competition. "Unless I win it" means somebody loses it, and rubbing that type of thing in someone's face would be repellant to someone with Se polr.

It doesn't sound like Te is your polr either, based on what you're saying. Though I actually have very little to go by.
    After one year, I can safely (or at least more-than-doubtful) say that it boils down to one of these two types. I've had people type me as EIE, IEE, LIE among other troll-typings (ILI for instance). I'm either a Rara Avis, which makes my E4 scream on the inside with joy, or I just don' fit anywhere, which makes my E4 just scream.
    @Number 9 large the problem is that IEI and EII have the same IEs but in different positions, and it's hard for me to gauge my consvious and unconscious use of Ni, Fi, Ne and Fe.
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

After one year, I can safely (or at least more-than-doubtful) say that it boils down to one of these two types. I've had people type me as EIE, IEE, LIE among other troll-typings (ILI for instance). I'm either a Rara Avis, which makes my E4 scream on the inside with joy, or I just don' fit anywhere, which makes my E4 just scream.
    @Number 9 large the problem is that IEI and EII have the same IEs but in different positions, and it's hard for me to gauge my consvious and unconscious use of Ni, Fi, Ne and Fe.
    well its obvious
    are u aware of using them or not xd
    also factchecking sounds te valuing to me

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're Beta, but, it's your choice. Either way I think you're OK.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

After one year, I can safely (or at least more-than-doubtful) say that it boils down to one of these two types.
    How did you arrive at this conclusion? You don't know the difference between thes two type and yet you feel you must be one of them? I don't understand your reasoning.

That said, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I don't follow. Perhaps you can tell me what your reasoning is behind thinking you are one of these two types? What do they have in common?

I've had people type me as EIE, IEE, LIE among other troll-typings (ILI for instance). I'm either a Rara Avis, which makes my E4 scream on the inside with joy, or I just don' fit anywhere, which makes my E4 just scream.
    Pretty sure you fit in somewhere but when this happens it's best to look at stuff that is way out there (as in, types you hadn't thought yourself of as at all), because your self-perception may just be wrong.

Now, keeping in mind that I'm a terrible typist online and don't know much about you, if anything (actually the two factors are kinda related) I'm just gonna say you need two things to type yourself. You need to understand theory cleary, but you also need to see how it applies to you.

Here are some questions.

1) Which one are you more certain of, E4 or INFx?

2) Do you think you are INFx and E4 because they often go together?

3) If you are more certain of E4, do you think you need to be INFx because anything else would make you feel odd?

4) If there are other reasons than enneagram for thinking INFx, what are those reasons?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How did you arrive at this conclusion? You don't know the difference between thes two type and yet you feel you must be one of them? I don't understand your reasoning.

That said, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I don't follow. Perhaps you can tell me what your reasoning is behind thinking you are one of these two types? What do they have in common?

Pretty sure you fit in somewhere but when this happens it's best to look at stuff that is way out there (as in, types you hadn't thought yourself of as at all), because your self-perception may just be wrong.

Now, keeping in mind that I'm a terrible typist online and don't know much about you, if anything (actually the two factors are kinda related) I'm just gonna say you need two things to type yourself. You need to understand theory cleary, but you also need to see how it applies to you.

Here are some questions.

1) Which one are you more certain of, E4 or INFx?

2) Do you think you are INFx and E4 because they often go together?

3) If you are more certain of E4, do you think you need to be INFx because anything else would make you feel odd?

4) If there are other reasons than enneagram for thinking INFx, what are those reasons?
    1) E4 even when mentally-blindfolded. I may be 17 (No, don't go just yet. Yes, I know how and why teenagers could very easily identify with 4 traits, but me settling on enneagram wasn't an "omg relatable" shot-in-the-dark sort of thing. I've read a lot on the matter, probably more than socionics.)

2) Not in slightest. I've met an ESE 4. I was really skeptical at first, though. I think I'm an INFx because that's the conclussion that I, along with other people that I have requested the help of in typing me in the past, reached.

3) While I acknowledge the existence of type 4 SEIs and ESEs, I must admit that it would be a bit odd to be one myself. If you believe in monsters, that doesn't make the experience if being maimed or eaten by one pleasant.

4) Strenght of IEs, (as pointed out by others), hobbies, and just the fact that I'm myself, I suppose??
    @Aylen, I need back-up, I can't fight this on my own.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1) E4 even when mentally-blindfolded. I may be 17 (No, don't go just yet. Yes, I know how and why teenagers could very easily identify with 4 traits, but me settling on enneagram wasn't an "omg relatable" shot-in-the-dark sort of thing. I've read a lot on the matter, probably more than socionics.)

2) Not in slightest. I've met an ESE 4. I was really skeptical at first, though. I think I'm an INFx because that's the conclussion that I, along with other people that I have requested the help of in typing me in the past, reached.

3) While I acknowledge the existence of type 4 SEIs and ESEs, I must admit that it would be a bit odd to be one myself. If you believe in monsters, that doesn't make the experience if being maimed or eaten by one pleasant.

4) Strenght of IEs, (as pointed out by others), hobbies, and just the fact that I'm myself, I suppose??
    @Aylen, I need back-up, I can't fight this on my own.
    Lol! Fight this? I'm not attacking you.

I'm just asking questions because I now nothing about you, why would I we've never interacted before. I'm just trying to get you to see this better is all, if it helps. If it doesn't help, I'd have tried.

The fact you refer to this as a fight seems beta to me though. EII doesn't react to "provocation" in this way, if they react to it at all, at least not in my experience with them.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm just asking questions because I now nothing about you, why would I we've never interacted before. I'm just trying to get you to see this better is all, if it helps. If it doesn't help, I'd have tried.

The fact you refer to this as a fight seems beta to me though. EII doesn't react to "provocation" in this way, if they react to it at all, at least not in my experience with them.
    Actually him feeling so quickly attacked might point to se polr

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Actually him feeling so quickly attacked might point to se polr
    I can see an polr feeling quickly attacked but they tend to react by becoming silent and passive aggressive, in my experience at least.

Instead he calls on someone else to back him up, seems kinda valuing to me.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It was mostly a joke
    I reffered to opening up myself before you as a fight because it's hard to do. There are so many things i could say, but using this forum on the phobe is like a handicap. I mentioned Aylen because she's the one that i bonded the most out of this whole forum, and knows me best, for the most part. A worthy ally!

For some reason though, I felt really uncomfortable reading this:
    "How did you arrive at this conclusion? You don't know the difference between thes two type and yet you feel you must be one of them? I don't understand your reasoning.

That said, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I don't follow. Perhaps you can tell me what your reasoning is behind thinking you are one of these two types? What do they have in common?"
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One of best ways to tell IEI and EII apart is through the Irrational/Rational dichotomy.

EIIs screen new information before accepting it - they want to check whether it harmonises with their FiNe ideals. This is why EIIs, at least in my opinion, can be quite judgemental and impractical.

IEIs, however, are inherently open to new ideas and filter dynamically, as they go along. They use NiFe to predict what is most likely to happen and affect an emotional response accordingly.

If all else fails, make a sex joke about feminists. An EII will be offended. An IEI will laugh.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Your jokes and general interaction style with others are rather Ne Creative.
    You tend to "jumble up" different areas and words in a way that has that "scattered-mind" quality characteristic of Ne.
    Ne Ignoring is much more streamlined.

The difference between Ne and Ni could be illustrated by the imagery of throwing a stone into a lake.
    The ripples emerging to all sides from the impact would be Ne Creative, whereas the stone sinking in one rather straight line to the bottom would be Ni lead.

You've got that playful quality that reminds me of Childlikes.
    It also overlaps with So/Sx-ness (which I think you still are).

Didn't you also start a thread on Si before? That struck me as Si HA.

Overall, I see more hints of Ne/Si valuing > Ni/Se valuing for you.
    And that's what sets the two types apart, essentially.
    Ego functions and the other valued functions, set against each other.

P.S: All 4s get (self)typed as IEI by default in Socionics circles, so...
    P.P.S: Just noticed you asked for more info on what sets them apart besides the IEs... Well... Hah. Too late.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 03-07-2018 at 09:13 PM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Your jokes and general interaction style with others are rather Ne Creative.

You've got that playful quality that reminds me of Childlikes.

It also overlaps with So/Sx-ness (which I think you still are).

Didn't you also start a thread on Si before? That struck me as Si HA.

Overall, I see more hints of Ne/Si valuing > Ni/Se valuing for you.
    And that's what sets the two types apart, essentially.
    Ego functions and the other valued functions, set against each other.
    Delta NF's joke?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Little random comments like that are rather typical of Ne Creative. They seem somewhat out of place or unrelated to the subject at hand on the surface. Untypical of Ne Ignoring. (The specific content of that comment is also rather typical of Type 4, which could be misinterpreted as Se valuing in its "gruesome-ness".)
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see an polr feeling quickly attacked but they tend to react by becoming silent and passive aggressive, in my experience at least.
    Little random comments like that are rather typical of Ne Creative.
    Both -PoLR and -creative confirmed for myself... wait, this thread isn't about me. Sorry, please ignore my post.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Little random comments like that are rather typical of Ne Creative. They seem somewhat out of place or unrelated to the subject at hand on the surface. Untypical of Ne Ignoring. (The specific content of that comment is also rather typical of Type 4, which could be misinterpreted as Se valuing in its "gruesome-ness".)
    Well, it's all good because both of your posts actually explained the rationale behind them.

I don't think my butt is clenched 24/7 as base Fi butts, though. Or at least I like yo think so
    As sirac said, do they even joke?

I've spewed a lot of writing lately, and someone typed me delta NF (EII-Ne) off that. I could post snippets of my writing here, they could offer insight I think.

Also, I found these! It talks about how the base function uses the demonstrative:

IEI Supervalue content: Miracle
    Supervalue manifestation and semantics: Events, dreams, belief in the reality of miracles, fantasy, life in the current of time, mood volatility, emotionality.
    Supervalue formula:
    - Flow of time and events doesn't depend on our attitudes and relations.
    - Perception of the unfolding events improves relationships.
    - Lack of good relationships shouldn't undermine experience of life developments.
    - Regardless of any specific attitudes and relations, we can succesfully perceive unfolding course of events.

EIISupervalue content: Soul
    Supervalue manifestation and semantics: Conscience, love, humaneness, sympathetic understanding, mercy.
    Supervalue formula:
    - Relationships with people don't depend on any particular time ("People should receive humane treatment at all times").
    - Development of relationships and morals improve level of predictability of unfolding events.
    - Unfavorable course of events shouldn't affect people's relationships and attitudes.
    - Regardless of any specific time developments, we can successfully build relationships with people and follow our moral principles.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't think my butt is clenched 24/7 as base Fi butts, though. Or at least I like yo think so
    As sirac said, do they even joke?
    Yes, they do. EII-Ne can be quite goofy and zany for example.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subtype is rare, most people are balanced type. Delta EII tend not to be 'goofy' or 'zany', but peaceful and calm. The goofy and zany is more common in Fe introverts - SEI and sometimes IEI.

Of course an 'out there' EII will exist, but they are very rare.

Edit: You could even say ILE is more likely to be 'goofy' and 'zany' (assuming we're all somehow using the same definition of these words.) Take Jack Oliver Aaron - a subject of another thread regarding Expat, who's ILE (Jack Oliver Aaron) and seems quite 'goofy' and, 'zany'.

https://youtu.be/3adQshl_k-0

He's the young guy with the hat.
    Last edited by at sirac son of sirac; 03-08-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Put them in a human sized centrifuge.

After few spins IEI due to forces imposed on them will be on top and EII at the bottom.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post
    Subtype is rare, most people are balanced type. Delta EII tend not to be 'goofy' or 'zany', but peaceful and calm. The goofy and zany is more common in Fe introverts - SEI and sometimes IEI.

Of course an 'out there' EII will exist, but they are very rare.

Edit: You could even say ILE is more likely to be 'goofy' and 'zany' (assuming we're all somehow using the same definition of these words.) Take Jack Oliver Aaron - a subject of another thread regarding Expat, who's ILE (Jack Oliver Aaron) and seems quite 'goofy' and, 'zany'.

https://youtu.be/3adQshl_k-0

He's the young guy with the hat.
    Did I say they're THE most goofy and zany? Yes, Ne doms obviously take the cake. Jack Oliver is ILE and he's a super annoying personification of goofy and zany, I agree. Still, some EIIs have childlish random adorkable imaginative way of joking too, much more than IEIs.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Did I say they're THE most goofy and zany? Yes, Ne doms obviously take the cake. Jack Oliver is ILE and he's a super annoying personification of goofy and zany, I agree. Still, some EIIs have childlish random adorkable imaginative way of joking too, much more than IEIs.
    I was just about to reply to this thread, but it took me wayyy too long to finish eating and get on PC, and darya got ahead of me. But basically, I agree with this. Alpha NTs are not the same kind of 'goof' that you'd encounter in a Delta NF, ime. There are lots of TV tropes and even celebrities that come to mind when thinking about the different shades of zanyness.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Curious creatures, getting eaten by monsters - Ne infantile language imo. Something like Harry Potter, Where the Wild things are or similar fuckery : p

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone can show me the type of EII-Ne that's been referred to i'll have a better idea of what's meant.

From EII-Ne description:

Quote Originally Posted by EII-Ne
    The intuitive subtype is emotional, composed, and firm. Shows cordiality, goodwill, and friendliness toward people who are in his favor. Closing distance with a person tries to be somehow useful and of service. Likes to advise, to mentor, to educate others but only within his circle. Possesses figurative and imaginative thinking and creative abilities, can discuss various imagery, symbols, dreams. Sensitive, vulnerable, uncertain and erratic. Prone to taking offense despite his best attempts to hide this. Sometimes he likes to joke around in conversation. Tries not to say unpleasant things to people, but cannot always restrain himself and may burst out in disagreement or indignation, but comes to regret it later. Serious and fastidious, prefers to hold himself with some reserve and subtlety. Dresses simply, adhering to classical styles, often conservatively. His mimicry and gestures are weakly expressed. Speech is emotional and slightly inhibited; its tone is often didactic. Frequently has a disproportionate figure, often squat in physique and prone to corpulence. Gait may be a bit clumsy and waddling.
    Mostly it's saying - composed, firm, reserved, serious, didactic.

The closest is that 'sometimes he likes to joke around in conversation', but that's the case for anyone, and, it's only sometimes.

So i'm not quite sure what we're getting at

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curious creatures, getting eaten by monsters - Ne infantile language imo. Something like Harry Potter, Where the Wild things are or similar fuckery : p
    J.K. Rowling seems rather ILI?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I was just about to reply to this thread, but it took me wayyy too long to finish eating and get on PC, and darya got ahead of me. But basically, I agree with this. Alpha NTs are not the same kind of 'goof' that you'd encounter in a Delta NF, ime. There are lots of TV tropes and even celebrities that come to mind when thinking about the different shades of zanyness.
    Are you leaning more towards IEI or EII for yourself? I have to admit I didn't pay close attention to your type, but you really seem Ne>Ni at first glance.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

J.K. Rowling seems rather ILI.
    I type her EII. The characters are all over the place though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Put them in a human sized centrifuge.

After few spins IEI due to forces imposed on them will be on top and EII at the bottom.
    I second this motion.

One day it will be like Steve Rogers super-serum, we'll have types straight from the eppendorf tube.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I type her EII. The characters are all over the place though.
    Na.

(It would probably be best to say her fantasy world comes from imagination - Ni, if anything), but VI for ILI fits.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I actually type Rowling EII as well. Do keep in mind she has been fighting depression for a long time.
    Clarice Lispector

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with EII from VI impressions. Her writing is rather Ni.

A brief check of her,

'Rowling has named communist and civil rights activist Jessica Mitford as her "most influential writer" saying, "Jessica Mitford has been my heroine since I was 14 years old, when I overheard my formidable great-aunt discussing how Mitford had run away at the age of 19 to fight with the Reds in the Spanish Civil War", and claims what inspired her about Mitford was that she was "incurably and instinctively rebellious, brave, adventurous, funny and irreverent, she liked nothing better than a good fight, preferably against a pompous and hypocritical target"'

Sounds to me like she's placing Se and Fi as her heroine (SEE.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._K._Rowling#Views

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The way that worldcrafting is done in her works seem rather Ne/Si.

And I think all of us look up to courage to fight oppression and hypocrisy at one point or another.
    @darya I think i'm leaning Ne > Ni as well, from the way that a few Ni bases described their thought processes to me as well. I will post those snippets later today which is, by the way, not shameless advertising
    Clarice Lispector

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way that worldcrafting is done in her works seem rather Ne/Si.
    Why?

And I think all of us look up to courage to fight oppression and hypocrisy at one point or another.
    This may be the case but for someone who's so well read (again, she sounds like ILI even as a child going on to teenager) why would she chose that as her all time heroine, it's because she espouses the idealized values of her dual.

@darya I think i'm leaning Ne > Ni as well, from the way that a few Ni bases described their thought processes to me as well. I will post those snippets later today which is, by the way, not shameless advertising
    I see this a lot, people want to be Delta because it sounds 'cool' etc, and I suppose Delta is, but, the Beta you see online is not representative of the full swathe of Beta's you're likely to encounter in life (ie the desperation and attacks of user Cuivienan represents factors that are not necessarily tied to type).

But, you seem to have your self set on Delta, which I don't think you are, but, fair enough.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why?

This may be the case but for someone who's so well read (again, she sounds like ILI even as a child going on to teenager) why would she chose that as her all time heroine, it's because she espouses the idealized values of her dual.

I see this a lot, people want to be Delta because it sounds 'cool' etc, and I suppose Delta is, but, the Beta you see online is not representative of the full swathe of Beta's you're likely to encounter in life (ie the desperation and attacks of user Cuivienan represents factors that are not necessarily tied to type).

But, you seem to have your self set on Delta, which I don't think you are, but, fair enough.
    Not in the slightest. Haha, for an outsider, Delta is anything but cool. Words like 'grannies' or 'boring'are way more often used. If anything, I'd be biased towards IEI. As an aspiring and amateur writer dabbling into music and going for film studies at uni AND E4, IEI would be a wet dream typing.
    Clarice Lispector

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not in the slightest. Haha, for an outsider, Delta is anything but cool. Words like 'grannies' or 'boring'are way more often used. If anything, I'd be biased towards IEI. As an aspiring and amateur writer dabbling into music and going for film studies at uni AND E4, IEI would be a wet dream typing.
    Cool is sophisticated which is chique.

Which is civilized.

These are the sort of things which get associated with Delta, which, although partly true, is also partly exaggerated.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

My EII sister wanted a Mercedes which I wrongly assumed was about status at the time her husband bought her one but then I realized a lot of what she wants is related to comfort, durability and safety rather than status. She is not competitive but she is a core 9. Most people like to win without doing anything to earn it.

I look up sources when I am completely unsure of something only because I don't want to end up looking foolish. It is embarrassing being called out for posting "fake news" or fake quotes. If I like a quote but iffy on source it is attributed to I might post it anyway in " " without the source mentioned. I learn from my mistakes, usually.

We don't live in the dark ages so more people "fact check" now than ever. I don't think that really describes the essence of Te anyway. It would be a pretty lame lead function if that is all there is to it. Willing to bet there isn't a self typed IEI or EII here who doesn't check their "facts" when unsure. Especially if they have a 5 fix. There is no excuse for looking ignorant anymore.

I was raised by logical parents. One Te ego and one Ti ego. Education and good grades was important to them. It bugged the Te ego when I got good grades without studying. I am not sure why it bugged him so much. I think my mom was more proud of me for being able to do that. The only ethical types responsible for my upbringing were my EII uncle who probably told me his truth in the most compassionate way and an ESI aunt who fed me misinformation, most likely consciously, in order to instill fears in me. Finding out she did that really helped shape me. I felt I had to check things out for myself. I trusted her and she lied for what she thought was my own good. I am not even sure if fact checking for me is the same thing it is for others. Google only takes a few seconds. Not like you have to spend a whole day on it unless it is fascinating and you are into the subject. Doing my taxes gives me a headache.

5. Extraverted Logic

EIIs have a great admiration for people who are able to get things done neatly and efficiently in the outside world. They themselves consistently forget to consider whether their activities are actually achieving their intended goal, whether their time spent is bringing worthy proceeds, and whether their activities are organized in the most rational way. They subconsciously expect and appreciate it when others take interest in the effectiveness of their activities and helps to take an objective look at what they are doing.

EIIs are usually very curious and thirsty for information. When they have an interest in a particular topic or subject, they will try their best to read anything and everything about it in order to gain a thorough understanding.

They are willing to listen to anyone who is knowledgeable or has a brilliant idea to share regardless of whether that individual is an expert or authority in his/her field since they strongly believe that there are many perspectives in an issue.
    4. Extroverted logic

IEIs have limited endurance in awareness concerning methods to achieve their purposes without wasting any energy or producing unwanted side effects. This creates a feeling of frustration and inadequacy. They do not value the importance of this area, and it can lead to painful consequences.
    Taking care of intensely detailed work that is required to reach their goals, like managing finance or being pragmatic in business ventures, will exhaust their sense of concentration and they will find it frustrating as they continually encounter mistakes and things they had forgotten about or inadvertently ignored.

IEIs dislike having the details of the process--rote facts and statistics--thrown at them, giving more weight to an intuitive understanding of how the events within the process culminate inevitably in a certain result. They will distrust and dislike bossy people, and will avoid people who will assign them routine work like chores. They will even avoid their friends and family when they expect that they will be assigned such work, and do not enjoy fulfilling daily chores.

They dislike rote routine and do not give much attention to what others may view as the practical aspects of life. They may seem oblivious to objective reality, lost in their "dreams." This causes them to periodically lose track of their belongings, making them feel rather inadequate. IEIs will be overly stressed or even counter-productive in an atmosphere where speedy organization and efficiency are forced upon them.
    You use Ne but you also use quite a bit of Fe which is adorable. You are also 17 so I will not be typing you just yet but you know that. I have an idea but I think it is important for you to discover this through self analysis. Not public consensus. <3

Sociotype.com has a tool but keep in mind it is still subjective when it comes to interpreting the outer manifestation. Use your intuition to see where you fall on the continuum. If you are EII your Ni is still technically stronger than your Ne. I bolded some things that might be of special interest to you.

Differences between IEI (INFp) and EII (INFj)

1. INFjs tend to judge their available options by how likely the option will help them reach their goal. If a choice no longer helps INFjs reach their goals, it will be dismissed and discontinued. On the other hand, INFps prefer to continue pursuing their current option, opting to adjust their ultimate goal in order to fit the current choice.

2. INFjs are more likely (than INFps) to use special rituals or other culturally accepted formalities when forming relationships with others. What that means is that the emotional proximity and relationship status for INFjs be more externally predetermined. Additionally, INFjs generally progress in relationships through stages, and therefore are more familiar with these stages than INFps. INFjs tend to be more linear in their relationship progression than INFps, and INFjs assign importance to the formalities of recognizing the start and end to each of these stages.

3. When planning to complete something, INFjs are more likely to focus their attention on the goal itself, overlooking and deprioritizing the individual actions needed to reach that goal. On the other hand, INFps tend to focus their attention on the each action; i.e., they're focused on how each decision and choice is being made (towards reaching the goal), in a step by step process.

4. INFjs are more likely to believe in objective truths than INFps. That is, INFjs are more likely to believe there is a correct or best way of doing something than INFps.

5. When developing a plan of action or process, INFjs tend to see themselves as "within the process"; they are immersed in it. Often because of this, they have more difficulty managing several plans at once. On the other hand, INFps tend to place themselves "outside of the process"; they dissociate from it. For them the process or situation is something external from themselves.

6. INFps are comfortable making changes and adjustments to their decisions quite frequently. INFjs, on the other hand, prefer to not make changes to their decisions.

7. INFps are relatively more flexible and tolerant than INFjs.

8. When working on a project, INFjs are more likely than INFps to break up larger tasks into several stages. Then INFjs mobilize to carry out each stage (and demobilize between the stages).

9. When doing a task, INFps are inclined to work for the sake of the result (for example, a reward or bonus for completing the task). In contrast to INFjs, INFps can renounce their comforts and conveniences for this; INFps evaluate their place of work by looking at what returns they get for the effort they invested (e.g., monetary, prestige, etc.).

10. When discussing work, INFps are more likely than INFjs to focus on the fruits of their labor, about what their effort will yield. INFjs on the other hand are more likely to focus on the environment they work in, e.g., their work conditions, conveniences, commute time, etc.

11. INFjs tend to have a more authoritarian, hierarchical leadership style than INFps.

12. When something is perceived by INFjs as being incorrect, they are more likely (than INFps) to tell the person who made the error what they did wrong and how to do it the right way. INFjs are focused on who made the error and helping them to correct the mistake.

13. INFjs are not as inclined to compare and verify concepts as INFps. INFjs assume that these can have only one unique interpretation (the "correct" interpretation), and INFjs often do not think about the fact that the other person may be interpreting them differently. Much more than INFps, INFjs apply concepts such as "objective reality," "unequivocal facts," and de-emphasize concepts; INFjs consider that they know the "right" way of doing things, how something "truly is," etc.

14. INFjs tend to perceive events in an episodic manner, i.e., they see events evolve in discrete states rather than continuous changes. On the other hand, INFps tend to perceive events in a continuous sequence; i.e., they see events evolving fluidly rather that one state to the next.
    15. When it comes to completing a task, INFps are more likely than INFjs to mobilize for longer periods of time. Specifically, INFps tend to mobilize for an action early and stay mobilized for a longer period of time after the task has been completed. For INFps, this state of readiness is their natural state.

16. INFps are relatively better at assessing the emotional atmosphere occurring in a group or during an activity than INFjs.

17. INFjs tend to put more effort than INFps into finishing any new project they start.

18. INFps are more likely (than INFjs) to seek new and novel experiences rather than returning to something already lived through. They will generally only re-read a book, re-watch a movie, or revisit the same place if they have forgotten it or are hoping to learn something new from it.

19. When working on a project, INFps experience more discomfort (than INFjs) if the project does not have a clearly delineated end-goal or result. This happens because INFps have more difficulty monitoring and understanding how the project is developing than INFjs because they are outside of the process.

20. INFjs are relatively more rigid and stubborn than INFps.

21. INFps have a relatively higher stress tolerance than INFjs. INFjs often struggle with continually changing situations more than INFps do.

22. INFps are more inclined to believe there are relative truths than INFjs. That is, this relativity is perceived by INFps as an extenuation of the differing beliefs, opinions, intentions, etc. of each person.
    23. When getting ready to start a project, INFjs spend more time planning and preparing for the project than INFps. In particular, INFjs spend more time discussing the plan, discussing options and ways to approach the project, etc.)

24. INFps tend to have a more democratic leadership style than INFjs.
    25. When contemplating a task, it takes INFjs longer time to mobilize than INFps; i.e., INFjs prefer to spend some time in a more natural state of relaxedness which will then prepare them to subsequently mobilize and concentrate at the crucial moments, improving their performance.

26. INFps tend to start more tasks and other projects than INFjs, but the INFps are less likely to complete all of them.

27. When conversing, INFjs types are inclined to communicate in the form of monologues, where each party has "its turn." Because of that they subconsciously attempt to transform a dialogue into a series of monologues. Conversely, INFps tend to prefer more of a question and answer style format.

28. The "comparison and verification of concepts" is a more common phenomenon among INFps than INFjs. This comparison not only concerns INFps methods, but also their understanding, terminology, etc. INFps are attuned to the fact that different people might understand and interpret different concepts and terms differently. They perceive terminology as well as actions of other people as part of the subjective concept inseparable from personal opinion, position, intent, etc. In contrast to INFjs who perceive terminology as "objective," INFps understand personal differences behind terminology (this applies even to well established terms) and they attempt to compare and verify them.
    29. INFjs tend to have stiffer more angular movements. INFps tend to have more relaxed fluid movements.

30. When something is perceived by INFps as being incorrect, they are more likely (than INFjs) to ask why it was done that way. Instead of necessarily trying to correct the person who made the error, INFps attempt to understand the person's reason for their decision/action.

31. INFjs are more likely than INFps to use "emotional anchors" that resonate with their internal emotional condition. These emotional anchors could be a book, a movie, a place, a song, etc. INFjs use these anchors to strengthen their inner emotional state and thus will repeat the experience: e.g., re-reading a book, re-watching a movie, continually going back to a place to experience the emotions associated with it.

32. INFjs tend to internally combine emotional exchanges with other activities rather than separating them out like INFps. E.g., INFjs see having fun occurring simultaneously with other activities, such as work or even serious affairs. INFps are more likely to internally separate out having fun with other activities, although the two can be interchanged at a high frequency.

33. INFps are more likely than INFjs to tackle a task in its entirety, rather than breaking it up into smaller separate stages.

34. INFjs are rmore relaxed in their natural state than INFps. However INFjs will mobilize and concentrate when needed to accomplish an objective. After the task has been completed, INFjs demobilize again. This state of demobilization is the natural state of INFjs.

35. When describing reality, INFjs are more likely to talk about the properties and structure of reality. INFps are more likely to describe reality as movements, interactions, and changes.

36. When describing why they undertook a project, INFps are more likely than INFjs to focus on the moment when a decision is made and to speak in detail about the stages of its implementation.

37. INFjs tend to plan ahead, making decisions early. On the other hand, INFps tend to prefer a wait and see, more spontaneous approach.
    38. When describing their reasoning for their actions, INFjs (more so than INFps) tend describe how and why they came to a certain decision, and focus less on the timing and initiation of the action.
    39. When meeting someone knew, INFps are not as likely as INFjs to perceive "getting to know somebody" as a special kind of activity. INFps know very well whey they are getting acquainted (i.e., what the purpose of the relationship is, be it business, personal, travel, etc.). INFps, in contrast with INFjs, do not divide the process of getting acquainted into consecutive stages; rather INFps immediately establish the necessary emotional distance in contact and can regulate it if needed. To bridge the gap between poorly acquainted people in a group INFps amp up the emotional tone; this can be mutually experienced happiness or misfortune. The name and title of the person are of secondary relevance to INFps and their relationship with the other person.

40. INFps are able to change and make adjustments to their goals more easily than INFjs (depending on how progress is being made, etc.). INFjs on the other hand, prefer to stick with their original goals.

41. When describing the stages of an event, INFps are more likely to focus on how stage A leads to stage B, how stage B leads to stage C, etc. INFjs, on the other hand, focus more on the stages themselves without necessarily seeing or emphasizing the transitions or causes and effects of the stages to the extent that INFps do.
    http://www.sociotype.com/tools/type-comparison/IEI-EII

Now who did you want me to kill?

Last edited by Aylen; 03-08-2018 at 04:06 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast