Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feminism Test

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Calling yourself a feminist just invites other people to project their idea of what a feminist is on you, which usually involves the internet produced image of a browbeaten man getting screamed at by a woman with a brightly colored buzzcut for sitting with his legs too wide or something.
    Labels are bad. Especially since I tend to be the one sitting with my legs too wide or something. (Proof of enneagram?) But really, labels are bad. It's just a way of working top-down from stereotypes, but you'll never reach the bottom. Politics is mostly like sports for people who want to seem smart and savvy. Not wanting a label because you take it seriously and don't want to be in a sheeple tribe gets people looking at you like an alien. It doesn't seem like you can hold people in general to very high standards though.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I don't think the kind of feminism you see online is really liberal feminism even if radical feminists call Tumblrites "libfems". Liberal means human rights, free markets, etc. and the test even describes it as that with Mary Wollstonecraft and the other examples. It tends to be seen as somewhat right-wing in the cases where people aren't just confused by it (although it's really just government based on individualism and not very conservative socially). Tumblr feminism is pretty internally incoherent but mostly based on the Frankfurt School, if the Frankfurt School's ideologies were the starting phrases in a telephone game played entirely by whiny ascendant bourgeoise (in other words, people the Frankfurt School would hate) adolescents and basement-bound younger adults on the Internet.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Also, I don't think the kind of feminism you see online is really liberal feminism even if radical feminists call Tumblrites "libfems". Liberal means human rights, free markets, etc. and the test even describes it as that with Mary Wollstonecraft and the other examples. It tends to be seen as somewhat right-wing in the cases where people aren't just confused by it (although it's really just government based on individualism and not very conservative socially). Tumblr feminism is pretty internally incoherent but mostly based on the Frankfurt School, if the Frankfurt School's ideologies were the starting phrases in a telephone game played entirely by whiny ascendant bourgeoise (in other words, people the Frankfurt School would hate) adolescents and basement-bound younger adults on the Internet.
    Where I've seen "liberal feminism" used derogatorily by radical feminists is in reference to the idea that anything can be empowering as long as the individual enjoys it, with the implication that this ignores how personal choices are influenced by and influence broader social systems ie the debate over whether stripping can be feminist. It makes sense to me in that context.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Where I've seen "liberal feminism" used derogatorily by radical feminists is in reference to the idea that anything can be empowering as long as the individual enjoys it, with the implication that this ignores how personal choices are influenced by and influence broader social systems ie the debate over whether stripping can be feminist. It makes sense to me in that context.
    Same. That's like "apply liberally" and really seems like a pretty perfect inversion of how people use "radical" to mean extremist and crazy when that's not what it technically means in the name radical feminism.

TIM
    Disqualified
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theoria View Post

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I got highest on liberal feminism 76%
    Marxist 58%
    45 and 46% on the other two
    lowest was traditionalism at 37%

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

I got highest on liberal feminism 76%
    Marxist 58%
    45 and 46% on the other two
    lowest was traditionalism at 37%
    That's interesting...

So what do you think is the role of the man in a relationship? Like... the dynamic. Or what do you expect of men in general or of your potential partner specifically?
    And what are your views on marriage? Just curious. ^-^'
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    That's interesting...

So what do you think is the role of the man in a relationship? Like... the dynamic. Or what do you expect of men in general or of your potential partner specifically?
    And what are your views on marriage? Just curious. ^-^'
    I don't really have hardcore stances on this stuff. I answered in the middle for a lot because I wasn't sure either way. The role depends on the relationship obviously. Keep in mind I am sx first so I don't feel my relationships have to conform to any societal (moral) standards. I have been in a relationship where I was the only one working and they did all the hard work like cooking, cleaning, paying bills, making sure everything required for daily living was done. I have also been in relationships where I stayed at home and they worked plus cooked and helped me clean or hired someone to do it. I think marriage is a personal choice made between two people and I have no problem with people choosing what is right for them. It's none of my business how others choose to commit or show their love. If I were with a millionaire I might see marriage as the easiest route to making sure I was not left broke if they died, especially if there were people who could contest the will. I have seen generally nice people turn into greedy jerks when it comes to money and it can even tear families apart. Wouldn't mean I was gold digging, just looking out for my future. I guess what bothers me is the idea of girls forced into plural marriages. That is basically abuse and brainwashing but if adults choose it and they are not harming anyone then whatever.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Keep in mind I am sx first so I don't feel my relationships have to conform to any societal (moral) standards.
    Just for the record.. I m so-first, yet I do not think I want there to be a certain pattern/moral for relationships.

I agree with @Aylen when she says every relationship is unique and cannot be compared, once you've had a real and deep connection with someone roles and positions just vanish/ are not as important anymore as the wonderful @Herzy once said. I also do not want to be completely dependant, what if something happens or you break up, what will be left of you as an individual or how will you be able to get back on your feet by yourself?
    I would say I agree with lots 'feminist' ideologies, yet I do not call myself one, because I think any movement is just there to be understood as a message and no movement is clear-cut, there are too many branches to say feminism is X. Most of my values are pretty left-ist.
    I hate when so many people say 'femnazi' or use feminism as such a negative term when they 1. probably never experienced many of the things happening to women and other discriminated groups themselves (yes there will be women who grew up guarded enough that they will not have experienced the daily sexism many others did, doesn't mean tons of others don't experience it), the thing is to see this as something bigger than oneself thus empathy is needed and a bigger understanding of how things are linked to each other and to get out of your bubble with "but we are equal". 2. just bash something without understanding something through empathy, just because they might feel threatened by something they cannot comprehend.

It's a bit like trying to understand racism when you never experienced it.. you will probably make it look insignificant "it's not like that anymore" when you actually do not know shit about what actually happens out there and how someone lives who IS discriminated against. I also did that a few times.. but I am trying to improve my empathy and understanding for others.
    Last edited by dot; 03-10-2020 at 08:28 PM.

TIM
    ILE-Ti 6w7 683 so/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

smallChart.php.png
    No surprises here.
    cp6w7-3w2-8w7 sx/so ILE--D

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Talk about loaded questions.

I skipped most of the questions (hence traditionalism is so high) because you can not speak about women and men as being representatives of their group.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 11.05.33 am.png

I personally find it hard to adhere to any social movement and generally pick specifics to care about, so I don't think of myself as a feminist and definitely don't refer to myself as one. But I believe our economic system perpetuates sexism.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

surprise surprise

CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON