pushy
    obnoxious
    invaded your boundaries

lives to bully you

Reality
    forgot you existed
    made no effort to maintain contact

treats (almost) everyone the same [for good and bad]
    disregards relationships and nonsense / insecurities / values in pursuit of the truth

stifled by your up-tightness
    moved on
    replaced you
    Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    Self-destructively sticks their neck out for people they don't know
    Unreasonably generous with no strings attached
    Willing to give you the shirt off their back if you manage to get close
    That friend that might actually "disappear" a body for you at 3am
    The underlined describe or described me in the past a LOT, lol

Make it generic Ti / Se stuff

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    forgot you existed
    (made no effort to maintain contact)
    replaced you
    These are actually the things I personally would have serious issues with, in the sense of that they would make me keep my distance. I'm not really sure how duality is supposed to cover for this.

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post
    These are actually the things I personally would have serious issues with, in the sense of that they would make me keep my distance. I'm not really sure how duality is supposed to cover for this.
    If someone makes the Fi-POLR feel genuinely comfortable and emotionally safe then they will not do these things: they will have a great amount of respect and admiration for that person, even if they do not necessarily express the depth of that feeling out loud. Besides, I think the first two of those need to be asterisked with *regardless of this the Ti-POLR will be incredibly loyal and appreciative of your interest in them as a person and will do anything they can to help you.

Oh, and the duality works because the Te-POLR goes, "oh, this is nice, this person takes the time to try and understand my opinion and is patient when explaining things to me and makes sure that I understand."

There are inevitable sacrifices in any relationship, even if it is with a dual. There are things about Te-POLR that annoy SLEs and ILEs too, but they are the type [according to the theory] that understands how to deal with it appropriately and in a way that protects their dual.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think attachment and cutting it off like a diseased limb if it gets bad is a serious thing and point of contention in any case, was the main point of what @inaLim is trying to get at. We have a penchant for doing that when we feel relations get bad because they are difficult for us to manage and we often wait and let it get to that point. I don’t think inaLim was trying to imply we wouldn’t take it, or serious relationships, seriously. What it means and I think other Fi polrs can relate to this though: our investment is our own and our own business, and when other people try to inflate the importance of their role in a relationship or the relationship itself to us in an unaccounted for way, that is a very serious turn-off. It immediately registers as toxic.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mightylizard View Post
    ETA: Also, ignore the bullshit that Fi POLR = no empathy.
    I do think that other Fi polr people have made comments or done things that were harsh or unempathetic before though, compared to other types IME, beyond just trolling. But they usually aren’t that bad because they are like unfounded “glitches” in calculation. When I point out these instances to other Fi polr people, either they will apologize, or they’ll go in denial for a while then wordlessly try to make up for it later. I think this impression has to do with how Fe HA types seem generally somewhat socially aware enough to usually understand how people might be feeling, but not always or enough, so that when we make mistakes here, they stand out more to ourselves (and often to others who know us well), and this can be extra painful. I do think that Fe HA types tend to care about empathy though (at least when we deem it justified) so maybe this stereotype is undeserved, unless of course the Fi polr person is toxic or insane, like any other type though. But then again, many people never improve themselves without such criticisms (such as via stereotypes), so I think we should just let it be.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think there are a very small minority of Fi polr people out there that make up a portion of toxic, manipulative sociopaths, who are also very clever about it in some tropey “Don Juan” way. But then again there are plenty of other types that can also be sociopathic (any type really) in their own different ways. Look at Hit1er (beta NF), school shooter SLIs and LSI, narcissistic and manipulative LSEs, businesslord LIEs who are immoral, even Mother Teresa who seemed SEI or delta NF who was revealed to be scandalous, and alpha SFs who are famous for being manipulatively “caring”, the list goes on.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s simply easier for people’s minds to latch onto things and ideas when they’re clearly definable tropes. Such is how the concept of “Fi polr empathy-lacking sociopaths” was born.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same goes for the PoLRs of all the other types, of course.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread keeps hitting a lot of stuff for me in various ways for some reason. It still seems like to me, a lot of the Fi PoLR stuff is "trust issues", lol.

Anyway yeah. @mightylizard that's exactly how my Ti works, lol. Everything you said in your post there. Scarily accurate

(Btw I addressed post #536 to you if you don't mind looking at it)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I think attachment and cutting it off like a diseased limb if it gets bad is a serious thing and point of contention in any case, was the main point of what @inaLim is trying to get at. We have a penchant for doing that when we feel relations get bad because they are difficult for us to manage and we often wait and let it get to that point. I don’t think inaLim was trying to imply we wouldn’t take it, or serious relationships, seriously. What it means and I think other Fi polrs can relate to this though: our investment is our own and our own business, and when other people try to inflate the importance of their role in a relationship or the relationship itself to us in an unaccounted for way, that is a very serious turn-off. It immediately registers as toxic.
    And this. Totally the same. For the underlined, I cut off quite some people due to that bullshit. That there is perfectly worded. Exactly how I see it myself. Anyone who tries to do that shit can go fuck themselves. And if you want to know, mostly these people seem IEIs, LOL.

(So yeah if this is a problem for SLE Fi PoLR then yeah how does duality work?)

For the italicised part, yah, that too is true. I'm trying to fix the part about waiting and letting it get to that point. I want to be more in control of it than that. "Cutting it off like a diseased limb" is the perfect expression too for it

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This about "forgot you existed
    made no effort to maintain contact
    moved on
    replaced you"

I'm not typing as Fi PoLR (I mean some people have wanted to put this typing on me but just take my input as generic Beta ST stuff, ok?), but since some of this stuff fits me I'll give you my input here. The first two here are just because of not being very attached yet. It just takes a lot of time to get attached (true for both Beta STs). I don't think SLEs do that when they really are attached and committed in a relationship. So put that stuff in this context.

For the next two, I find it fundamentally immoral and distasteful to just "move on and replace the person". I mean I once tried to look at things like that and that's when it just felt like it's taking the easy way out and like it's cheating or something. Like you just use the person while that's comfy and useful to you and once you don't get anything out of it anymore you just move on and find a new victim. It really felt like too easy lol, like an easy smooth life without any "suffering", but somehow easy in the wrong way & it felt too disgusting too. Too fundamentally against how I am. I don't think anyone thinks like that unless they are an actual psychopath. So no I wouldn't relate it to Fi PoLR either

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are actually the things I personally would have serious issues with, in the sense of that they would make me keep my distance.
    That was a general response to these "my Fi PoLR friend" stories.

The core of Fi PoLR is lack of focus and energy for making judgements about FELT INNER VALUE (Jung) and INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS. (Socionics)

It's not "I have this impulse to invade your boundaries, throw napalm, and keep you as a friend."

It's "How can you be so sensitive about ABC when what's actually important is XYZ? Someone else come deal with this."

forgot you existed - The world does not revolve around
    bullying you. Get out of here with your persecution complex.

http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

5. Recapitulation of Introverted Rational Types

... In so far as he is a convinced participator in the general style, he undermines his own foundations, since the present style, with its almost exclusive acknowledgment of the visible and the tangible, is opposed to his principle. Because of its invisibility, he is obliged to depreciate the subjective factor, and to force himself to join in the extraverted overvaluation of the object. He himself sets the subjective factor at too low a value, and his feelings of inferiority are his chastisement for this sin. ...

The undervaluation of his own principle makes the introvert egotistical, and forces upon him the psychology of the oppressed. The more egotistical he becomes, the stronger his impression grows that these others, who are apparently able, without qualms, to conform with the present style, are the oppressors against whom he must guard and [p. 498] protect himself. He does not usually perceive that he commits his capital mistake in not depending upon the subjective factor with that same loyalty and devotion with which the extravert follows the object By the undervaluation of his own principle, his penchant towards egoism becomes unavoidable, which, of course, richly deserves the prejudice of the extravert. Were he only to remain true to his own principle, the judment of 'egoist' would be radically false; for the justification of his attitude would be established by its general efficacy, and all misunderstandings dissipated.

Hell, that person may not even be Fi PoLR.

The superior function is always the expression of the conscious personality, its aim, its will, and its achievement, whilst the inferior functions belong to the things that happen to one. Not that they merely beget blunders, e.g. lapsus linguae or lapsus calami, but they may also breed half or three-quarter resolves, since the inferior functions also possess a slight degree of consciousness. The extraverted feeling type is a classical example of this, for he enjoys an excellent feeling rapport with his entourage, yet occasionally opinions of an incomparable tactlessness [p. 427] will just happen to him. These opinions have their source in his inferior and subconscious thinking, which is only partly subject to control and is insufficiently related to the object ; to a large extent, therefore, it can operate without consideration or responsibility.

made no effort to maintain contact - I'm not investing time and energy keeping a relationship afloat with someone I can't even be myself around.

moved on - If you are that sensitive that I have to tip-toe around you 24/7, yes I'd cut my losses and move on.

replaced you - It is obvious we are not the same. We don't fit. Go find someone else who does. I'll do the same.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really sure how duality is supposed to cover for this.

Fe sensitizes SLE to the interpersonal field of emotions and value by being emotionally expressive
    Ni reorients SLE to inner meaning

http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

B. The Extraverted Type

(II) THE ATTITUDE OF THE UNCONSCIOUS

The attitude of the unconscious (of an extrovert) as an effective com plement to the conscious extraverted attitude has a definitely introverting character. It focusses libido upon the subjective factor, i.e. all those needs and claims which are stifled or repressed by a too extraverted conscious [p. 423] attitude. It may be readily gathered from what has been said in the previous section that a purely objec tive orientation does violence to a multitude of subjective emotions, intentions, needs, and desires, since it robs them of the energy which is their natural right. Man is not a machine that one can reconstruct, as occasion demands, upon other lines and for quite other ends, in the hope that it will then proceed to function, in a totally different way, just as normally as before. Man bears his age-long history with him in his very structure is written the history of mankind.

The historical factor represents a vital need, to which a wise economy must respond. Somehow the past must become vocal, and participate in the present. Complete assimilation to the object, therefore, encounters the protest of the suppressed minority, elements belonging to the past and existing from the beginning. From this quite general consideration it may be understood why it is that the unconscious claims of the extraverted type have an essentially primitive, infantile, and egoistical character. When Freud says that the unconscious is "only able to wish", this observation contains a large measure of truth for the unconscious of the extraverted type. Adjustment and assimilation to objective data prevent inadequate subjective impulses from reaching consciousness. These tendencies (thoughts, wishes, affects, needs, feelings, etc.) take on a regressive character corresponding with the degree of their repression, ie. the less they are recognized, the more infantile and archaic they become. The conscious attitude robs them of their relatively disposable energycharge, only leaving them the energy of which it cannot deprive them. This remainder, which still possesses a potency not to be under-estimated, can be described only as primeval instinct.

Restated in a slightly less convoluted way

- The conscious attitude (Se in this case) focuses attention and energy towards the tangible situation of the outer world, and away from the felt demands of the the inner world
    - The demands of the Self to know & feel its own true emotions, intentions, needs, desires ( my addition: identity, meaningfulness, purpose, wonder, relationships etc ) cannot go unmet indefinitely
    - Little energy is left for the subconscious, but the remainder is a potent primal instinct,
    - How far the unconscious has regressed depends on the degree of development of the individual

Duality

- SLE has a subconscious instinct to experience introverted intuition and extroverted feeling "Somehow the past must become vocal, and participate in the present."
    - The dual (IEI) is the embodiment of this primal instinct
    - IEI shares their intuition and emotions which "focusses the (SLE's) libido upon the subjective factor" and "returns to them the energy which is their natural right"
    - SLE becomes "re-sensitized" through IEI
    - Orientation to IEI's intuition (which is infused with feeling) instead of bare reality allows the SLE's "inadequate subjective impulses to reach consciousness"

- SLE is able to experience (feel) what has been absent, and becomes more aware of how to find / know / create meaning and meaningful relationships (SLE can do this on their own without IEI but it typically would happen the long, hard way)

Last edited by inaLim; 05-10-2020 at 02:50 PM. Reason: eh. I don't know whats up with this formatting

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people seem to think it’s ok for themselves to be assholes (because of course they only have the best intentions) but start raging when I start to become an asshole back, probably because I’m better at it or funnier or something. And they don’t realize how lame it seems. I can literally hear some LIE protesting to this in my mind right now, moralizing in vain. Even some ILEs can get pretty butthurt sometimes.

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people seem to think it’s ok for themselves to be assholes (because of course they only have the best intentions) but start raging when I start to become an asshole back, probably because I’m better at it or funnier or something. And they don’t realize how lame it seems. I can literally hear some LIE protesting to this in my mind right now, moralizing in vain. Even some ILEs can get pretty butthurt sometimes.
    Yes, very typical. People will play up being an asshole and then when you quip back they play victim. ENFps and ESFjs are bad for this as well in my experience, particularly the males.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mightylizard View Post
    Fi POLR is predominantly about being uncomfortable with the static nature of your relationships (e.g., "does this person like me or are they just being nice"). Anyone who is remotely intelligent can learn social norms, and there are plenty of Fi POLR people who are more attuned to social cues than F ego types. The underlying thread is never being 100% certain about how people relate to you. That is why they dual with Fe-creatives who 1) provide constant external emotional responses that the Fi POLR can read, and 2) are more attune to understanding who really likes the Fi POLR and who doesn't.

Fi POLR: "I can never tell if X likes me or not."

Fe Creative: "X likes you just fine s/he's just cranky."

ETA: Also, ignore the bullshit that Fi POLR = no empathy.
    Great post, I bolded my favorite points. One of my closest friends is an ILE and a Social 9 on the enneagram. She's empathic and VERY aware of the people around her.

We were once comparing notes about empathy and taking on other peoples' feelings which is where her Fi PoLR to my Fi demonstrative became clear. I said something along the lines of, "ah, I hope you don't keep feeling bad about that one situation with ___." She said, "I can feel someone's emotions with them in the moment, but once they're gone and not in my presence those feelings don't live on in me. I detach quickly and won't continue feeling them."

That blew my mind because I can take on people's pain/moods for a long time even if they're not around me, which is something I often wish I could get rid of. I was a little jealous when she told me that, like, "teach me your ways." She just doesn't internalize it at all.

I think this also makes me feel oddly protected by Fi PoLR people. Their ability to not be torn up by these feelings is refreshing and makes me feel safe, like, "oh okay. You're right. I don't have to keep feeling bad, do I?" It's kind of a relief.
    Last edited by Aria; 06-01-2020 at 04:56 AM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The polr needs protection by the demonstrative of the dual. Because the polr is a source for worries and insecurity it needs to be matched by a strong function.

I think the demonstrative is mostly instinctual and works unconsciously.

If I have understood this correctly...
    Last edited by Tallmo; 06-01-2020 at 10:39 PM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Great post, I bolded my favorite points. One of my closest friends is an ILE and a Social 9 on the enneagram. She's empathic and VERY aware of the people around her.

We were once comparing notes about empathy and taking on other peoples' feelings which is where her Fi PoLR to my Fi demonstrative became clear. I said something along the lines of, "ah, I hope you don't keep feeling bad about that one situation with ___." She said, "I can feel someone's emotions with them in the moment, but once they're gone and not in my presence those feelings don't live on in me. I detach quickly and won't continue feeling them."

That blew my mind because I can take on people's pain/moods for a long time even if they're not around me, which is something I often wish I could get rid of. I was a little jealous when she told me that, like, "teach me your ways." She just doesn't internalize it at all.

I think this also makes me feel oddly protected by Fi PoLR people. Their ability to not be torn up by these feelings is refreshing and makes me feel safe, like, "oh okay. You're right. I don't have to keep feeling bad, do I?" It's kind of a relief.
    Just think about how your feeling bad has no effect on them and thus creates a net loss for everyone, unless you talk to them, actually help them in some way, or throw positive vibe unicorn dust at them I guess.

Btw I think we do internalize it, but we just don’t realize it or admit it, because it’s so low in our consciousness. It sits as tiny crumbs in the back of our consciousness where it can quietly impact our mood and wellbeing. Of course with much less conscious significance compared to IEIs like you.
    Last edited by sbbds; 06-02-2020 at 06:41 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate MBTI stereotypes and I want to pour gasoline on them and watch them die in flames as they look up to me with teary eyes crazed flailing and pleading, I want to pee into them and watch them shut for the final time.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate MBTI stereotypes and I want to pour gasoline on them and watch them die in flames as they look up to me with teary eyes crazed flailing and pleading, I want to pee into them and watch them shut for the final time.
    Pee into me.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Introverted PoLR: channel goes in but not out. Simply as that. Fi as I see is about sympathetic response in where it operates in this case it is feeling. Unfeeling personal predisposition. Hence it also steps over communal values. Sympathetic position assumes similarity without objectivity. In the end it is about reaching for objective feeling. Fi is like: I want to get rich -> others want it too or I want to get married-> others want it too etc. When this dominates you can pretty much kiss ass because the nuances. Whereas I just don't hold those believes and decide it logically case by case.
    In a way I do not deal with wants and it reflects back.

Maybe the best example comes when people try to please me and hit a wall everytime.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 06-02-2020 at 09:29 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just think about how your feeling bad has no effect on them and thus creates a net loss for everyone, unless you talk to them, actually help them in some way, or throw positive vibe unicorn dust at them I guess.
    I wish it were this easy because it's good advice. Yes. It would probably help to have an SLE in my daily in-person life, telling me this regularly. We could have a symbolic unicorn-dust blowing ceremony whenever the need arises.

Btw I think we do internalize it, but we just don’t realize it or admit it, because it’s so low in our consciousness. It sits as tiny crumbs in the back of our consciousness where it can quietly impact our mood and wellbeing. Of course with much less conscious significance compared to IEIs like you.
    You're right. I think my friend internalizes it into her body a lot (gets sick after a time, has physical symptoms, desires Si to come care for her) and experiences burn-out. A lot of her non-reactions and thinking she's fine when she's not probably comes down to her being a 9. Other Fi PoLR types are certainly more volatile than she is, but she's SUPER zen (on the outside).

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Fi PolR in a nutshell:

I understand people very well imo. I can read them face to face and even in text interaction fairly well and know exactly where we stand in terms of relations even from some of the very first interactions. Generally its fairly evident to me how and what buttons I need to push in other people to get certain responses out of them. It just depends entirely on what I want in the given situation or what my mood and orientation towards these ppl is. Imo its less about being unintentionally rude, or glitching the interaction by some deficiency on my end such as low empathy or sympathy, autism and more about intentionally pushing their buttons & making them react the way I want them to.

If I want I can behave in ways which make people like me. I can be very charming, goofy or whatever I think you'd enjoy. Is it genuine? It Depends. Do I have empathy and sympathy for people? I do. My response however depends on a lot of other factors. I won't just simply respond with thoughtless superficial kindness. I tend to feel guilt & shame a lot, which regulates my response very often.

Imo a lot of how I act on the forums is misconstrued imo as it comes from firmly held, well researched and gradually through experience adopted ideas and values.. which conflict and contradict those held by the majority. I seem to just by default have a kind of firebrand personality or a tendency towards incendiary interaction, which I find.. fun... however a lot of these ideals if you wish to call them that are firmly entrenched and non negotiable.

As a consequence I tend to be perceived as combative, rude / insensitive, trolly and such by the majority.. but its simply my way of mocking the current zeitgeist and the people who are the products of it. When I express sincere values, opinions or how I relate it seems to either be taken as insensitive Fi PolR or not seriously ("not sure if joking") kind of way, when in fact I'm dead serious :>.
    Last edited by SGF; 08-20-2020 at 05:57 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@shotgunfingers you’re basically like an extroverted ILI IMO. I do not think you’re the best representation of Fi polr like how you think.

I think a better point of evidence of your Fi polr would be when you freak out after being morally reprimanded, for e.g. what happened when I called you racist and sociopathic lol.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@shotgunfingers you’re basically like an extroverted ILI IMO. I do not think you’re the best representation of Fi polr like how you think.

I think a better point of evidence of your Fi polr would be when you freak out after being morally reprimanded, for e.g. what happened when I called you racist and sociopathic lol.
    in that situation I was pushing the boundary of what is normally allowed to be discussed (I usually do this) and I was very aware of the possibility of that happening. In that situation anticipatory anxiety was present, but as it happened I experienced shame, fear and knew that I reached the limit of how far I could push the discussion.

Consequent negative reaction is mainly due to me not perceiving myself as either of those things as I have no animosity towards ppl based on such criteria and I do feel shame and guilt, given my overly cautious and deliberate nature as a type 6 based in fear and anxiety its infuriating when someone calls me "sociopath" or similar... HOWEVER I know that its pointless to even try and defend oneself on the internet or otherwise against accusations such as those.. so I calmed down and didn't push it any further.

<_< I am quite emotionally reactive fml. -.- the cautious non risk taking deliberate character I have often leads to inaction.. I kind of envy you and Northstar, you seem to be more prone to risk, don;t seem to overthink things till analysis-paralisis sets in. I wish I could be more type 8-ish in this regard tbh.

e_e but now my paranoid 6 side is questioning if you guys are just screwing with me and intentionally messing up my attempts at typing or its just because I haven't been very clear about whats going on on my end.
    Last edited by SGF; 08-20-2020 at 08:19 AM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    I actually see Sb as a worse 'representation' of Fi PoLR than you, shotgun (I think you are doing okay at that). Two cents
    Based on Filatova's description of ILE Fi, I have to agree with the following:

Fi – Vulnerable function. The ILE feels nervously in the sphere of human relations. He usually interprets his relations badly, therefore he allows relations to develop with care, he waits until he learns something for sure rather than assuming. Thus he behaves with restraint in front of people he doesn’t know. <== imo this is true.

He cannot always discern the state of another person; he may therefore offend others in the manner by which he expresses what he’s discovered for he doesn’t seem to take into account other’s feelings in regards to the situation. But this is never the consequence of evil intent, envy or arrogance. ILE simply believes that he is speaking about something objectively, and that the truth will not offend anyone. <== this isn't. I'm always fully aware of these things, there is clear intent there if I'm not being diplomatic. Accidentally hurting someone rarely happens, I'd have to be careless and usually I'm not. I do however have imo at least better moral breaks and conscience than most ppl I know, even if I push boundaries a lot.

ILE places vast value on the decency of a person. The criterion of decency, as a rule, is overstated. If someone seeks his company he assumes that mutual respect exists. He strongly suffers offense and injustice. He will not reconcile with others, unless the offender apologizes before him. <== this is true imo.

ILE frequently has a wide circle of friends. He loves to consider different problems with them. They, alongside reading, radio and television, provide him with an excellent source of information. <== I like bouncing ideas off ppl and discussing things even if those things are taboo subjects, but I don't have a wide circle of friends. Friends I count on 1 hand, knowing someone doesn't make them a friend.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    He cannot always discern the state of another person; he may therefore offend others in the manner by which he expresses what he’s discovered for he doesn’t seem to take into account other’s feelings in regards to the situation. But this is never the consequence of evil intent, envy or arrogance. ILE simply believes that he is speaking about something objectively, and that the truth will not offend anyone. <== this isn't. I'm always fully aware of these things, there is clear intent there if I'm not being diplomatic. Accidentally hurting someone rarely happens, I'd have to be careless and usually I'm not. I do however have imo at least better moral breaks and conscience than most ppl I know, even if I push boundaries a lot.
    I think that this means that the emotional output of ILE is not always in the "accepted range" for a situation. It's not really that bad honestly, it's just a bit strange sometimes Example, I had a discussion with ILE-H(Ne subtype) and EII and EII was talking about how she broke up with her boyfriend because [blabla].
    EII: (sobs) it was really hard...I was telling lkdhf about it yesterday
    ILE: How COME I'm always the last to know?! What else are you hiding lkdhf?!
    Me: Dude, she's crying....

There is like a disconnect where ILE doesn't notice when someone is in emotional distress right away, because he's on the "objectivity plane". Note also that he expected EII to tell him about her relationship problems disregarding that she probably felt closer to me.

XLE-Tis are more prone to actually pretend that relationships don't exist and don't need any work.
    Only to have these unpredictable outbursts of sympathy or hate. They are very good at pretending that they don't really care with whom they hang out, but unconsciously they definitely have preferences. Makes me think of Kikuchiyo(SLE) in the movie Seven Samurai, who seems not to care about helping people. But when his Samurai companions want to abandon the villagers to bandits(because they kill and rob lone samuraïs and lied about it), he's like:

Kikuchiyo: What do you think of farmers? You think they're saints? Hah! They're foxy beasts! They say, "We've got no rice, we've no wheat. We've got nothing!" But they have! They have everything! Dig under the floors! Or search the barns! You'll find plenty! Beans, salt, rice, sake! Look in the valleys, they've got hidden warehouses! They pose as saints but are full of lies! If they smell a battle, they hunt the defeated! They're nothing but stingy, greedy, blubbering, foxy, and mean! God damn it all! But then . . . who made them such beasts? You did! You samurai did it! You burn their villages! Destroy their farms! Steal their food! Force them to labour! Take their women! And kill them if they resist! So what should farmers do? Damn it...

[He sinks to his knees, sobbing] Damn it... God damn it...

Kambei Shimada : [Quietly, after a long pause] You were the son of a farmer, weren't you?
    And everyone is like "wtf, you actually have more values than us"

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    I think that this means that the emotional output of ILE is not always in the "accepted range" for a situation. It's not really that bad honestly, it's just a bit strange sometimes Example, I had a discussion with ILE-H(Ne subtype) and EII and EII was talking about how she broke up with her boyfriend because [blabla].
    EII: (sobs) it was really hard...I was telling lkdhf about it yesterday
    ILE: How COME I'm always the last to know?! What else are you hiding lkdhf?!
    Me: Dude, she's crying....

There is like a disconnect where ILE doesn't notice when someone is in emotional distress right away, because he's on the "objectivity plane". Note also that he expected EII to tell him about her relationship problems disregarding that she probably felt closer to me.

XLE-Tis are more prone to actually pretend that relationships don't exist and don't need any work.
    Only to have these unpredictable outbursts of sympathy or hate. They are very good at pretending that they don't really care with whom they hang out, but unconsciously they definitely have preferences. Makes me think of Kikuchiyo(SLE) in the movie Seven Samurai, who seems not to care about helping people. But when his Samurai companions want to abandon the villagers to bandits(because they kill and rob lone samuraïs and lied about it), he's like:

And everyone is like "wtf, you actually have more values than us"
    yeah, this literally never happens to me. I'm always internally hyper aware of these things. IF the way I act in these situations is disruptive, it means I'm consciously and intentionally doing it for whatever reason I have. Fully conscious of how it will or is affecting ppl. Usually its because I'm pushing ppl's buttons to test / get reactions out of them.
    Last edited by SGF; 08-20-2020 at 12:14 PM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What I usually see Fi PoLR being is doing their thing(TM) without really thinking how people see you as being in relation to them.

It is like "because my feefees and others have these feefees [or relational needs] therefore the feefees [or relational needs] matches this and in order to contnue with good feefeess there is need for this".
    That would be Fi IMO but...
    It is like "because just added one to one and got 2 therefore similar stepwise operation is 2+1=3 which is by going back 1+1+1=3 and in general this sort of operation seems to be 1+n". Tat would be Ti IMO.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    I actually see Sb as a worse 'representation' of Fi PoLR than you, shotgun (I think you are doing okay at that). Two cents
    It was a backhanded compliment to him

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    It is like "because my feefees and others have these feefees [or relational needs] therefore the feefees [or relational needs] matches this and in order to contnue with good feefeess there is need for this".
    Right. So Fi polrs don’t really think about / care about / want to be made to care about this train of thought specifically.

It’s because we prefer to have relations be ad-hoc, if I understand relationships and my own feelings correctly lol. I don’t want people to pander to me to try to make our relationship better than it would be otherwise.

@shotgunfingers

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    What I usually see Fi PoLR being is doing their thing(TM) without really thinking how people see you as being in relation to them.

It is like "because just added one to one and got 2 therefore similar stepwise operation is 2+1=3 which is by going back 1+1+1=3 and in general this sort of operation seems to be 1+n". Tat would be Ti IMO.
    I'm too stupid to understand you. You never make any sense to me tbh.

Right. So Fi polrs don’t really think about / care about / want to be made to care about this train of thought specifically.

It’s because we prefer to have relations be ad-hoc, if I understand relationships and my own feelings correctly lol. I don’t want people to pander to me to try to make our relationship better than it would be otherwise.

@shotgunfingers
    To me they are more like static attitudes based in the essence of who the other person is and how I think about them.
    A relationship can be permanently negative even from the very start.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm too stupid to understand you. You never make any sense to me tbh.

To me they are more like static attitudes based in the essence of who the other person is and how I think about them.
    A relationship can be permanently negative even from the very start.
    I think maybe you are taking it too literally. Fi is considered static and yes it’s possible for relationships to be positive or negative from the beginning, but it’s usually a mixed bag. Most people have things about them you like and things about them you don’t like. And as various things get revealed and as people grow and change, the relationship can also change. What it means is that each individual Fi inner “state” can be understood as a flat, static state at any one time, not that the relationship between two people is fixed necessarily.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi polr / Fe HA reminds me of these lyrics from One Week by the Barenaked Ladies. This entire song (and entire band really) is very ILE but I can relate too.

It's been one week since you looked at me
    Cocked your head to the side and said, "I'm angry"
    Five days since you laughed at me saying
    "Get that together, come back and see me"
    Three days since the living room
    I realized it's all my fault but couldn't tell you
    Yesterday, you'd forgiven me
    But it'll still be two days till I say I'm sorry

How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad?
    Trying hard not to smile though I feel bad
    I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral
    Can't understand what I mean?
    Well, you soon will
    I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
    I have a history of taking off my shirt

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I tend to have lots of drama going on inside of my head and it is hard to let it out without worries because it can backfire quite easily.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think maybe you are taking it too literally. Fi is considered static and yes it’s possible for relationships to be positive or negative from the beginning, but it’s usually a mixed bag. Most people have things about them you like and things about them you don’t like. And as various things get revealed and as people grow and change, the relationship can also change. What it means is that each individual Fi inner “state” can be understood as a flat, static state at any one time, not that the relationship between two people is fixed necessarily.
    Shit... I'm just being a stereotypical type 6. its probably annoying at this point... and I need to just stop.

First 5 minutes is explanation enough, but everything in this vid is stereotypical of me. I'm just poking holes and being a contrarian at this point:

Last edited by SGF; 08-20-2020 at 04:48 PM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fi: vulnerable function of ENTp and demonstrative function of ISFp
    For ILE it is difficult to express a personal dislike towards a person and to set psychological distances: he is friendly and well predisposed to everyone equally and doesn't push anyone away. At the same time, the ILE is poorly perceptive of other's attitude towards him/herself. He often behaves unceremoniously, likes looking at and analyzing others, and generally makes little regard for ethical standards in his relations. Knowing this often apologizes. The SEI does not address this weakness verbally, that is, he doesn't try to criticize and teach the ILE. These issues the SEI resolves himself and does so unconsciously. On this function, the SEI creates short psychological distances, which shows as sociability and amiability in contact with people. By this behavior that forges a democratic, friendly, relaxed atmosphere, the SEI eliminates the need for the ILE to be always proper and to comply with etiquette in order to not shock others by his behaviors.

Fi: vulnerable function of ESTp and demonstrative function of INFp
    SLE poorly sees what relations are developing between people. He fears that his personal relationships will be put on display or used against him. It is difficult for him to openly express his sympathy for another person. He often makes mistakes when he assumes that someone relates to him well. Moving towards his purpose, he risks evoking bad attitudes in others when they notice his quality to not to stop at anything. IEI refrains from openly criticizing this function and treats it with understanding. Lecturing and annoying hectoring over this element can lead to a sharp deterioration of SLE's mood. The IEI unconsciously produces large psychological distances on this element, he as if slips away from his conversation partner, closes himself off behind a meaningless smile. Events that are relayed by his conversation partner do not affect him deeply. It is exactly these kind of elusively polite relations that seem inviting to the SLE, creating for him the stability of the external psychological situation.
    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...ulenko#SEI-ILE
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For ILE it is difficult to express a personal dislike towards a person and to set psychological distances: he is friendly and well predisposed to everyone equally and doesn't push anyone away.
    e_e lol.. idk man.. I openly told my grandmother she is a sociopathic piece of shit (it was more like screaming at her tbh), smashed her gift on the floor, told her to shove her money up her ass, brought her to tears and would have physically assaulted her if my brother doesn't stand between me and her... stormed off kicked the front door in repeatedly until I bent the hinges and smashed the plates out. I have never spoken to the bitch since, hope she dies and rots in hell for mentally abusing my mother for decades. Its been years. Its not exactly a one off case either, this sometimes happens, usually when enough is enough and I can't take the immoral shit I or other ppl around me have to put up with from someone & simply being assertive or talking with them several times prior hasn't gotten it to sink in that what they are doing is not ok. Like the time called the sales director a fucking idiot and smashed the receiver into the service phone until both broke to pieces..

.. but yeah, otherwise I'm cute as a button & friendly. Anger issues, at times used to be much worse as a teen, but I used to get lectured by mom when I was a kid, because I'd run my mouth and call my uncle & grandma scumbags with other relatives present at family reunions. e_e I have a rather low tolerance for shitty immoral ppl.. and I can easily get worked up about it.
    Last edited by SGF; 08-20-2020 at 07:00 PM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the your type is flawed. Typical Fi HA to boast with relational attitudes like that.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

e_e lol.. idk man.. I openly told my grandmother she is a sociopathic piece of shit (it was more like screaming at her tbh), smashed her gift on the floor, told her to shove her money up her ass, brought her to tears and would have physically assaulted her if my brother doesn't stand between me and her... stormed off kicked the front door in repeatedly until I bent the hinges and smashed the plates out. I have never spoken to the bitch since, hope she dies and rots in hell for mentally abusing my mother for decades. Its been years. Its not exactly a one off case either, this sometimes happens, usually when enough is enough and I can't take the immoral shit I or other ppl around me have to put up with from someone & simply being assertive or talking with them several times prior hasn't gotten it to sink in that what they are doing is not ok. Like the time called the sales director a fucking idiot and smashed the receiver into the service phone until both broke to pieces..

.. but yeah, otherwise I'm cute as a button & friendly. Anger issues, at times used to be much worse as a teen, but I used to get lectured by mom when I was a kid, because I'd run my mouth and call my uncle & grandma scumbags with other relatives present at family reunions. e_e I have a rather low tolerance for shitty immoral ppl.. and I can easily get worked up about it.
    Take this test and see if you're low in Agreeableness.

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...pectrum-Scores

Most of these things don't sound like being related to Fi PoLR. I've confronted people a plenty, objects went a flying and walls have been broken. And yet, I'm supported to be a nice fluffy IEI female who's also tiny in frame.