Thread: Peter Steele

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Peter Steele

SE-ESI Social-last?

Last edited by suedehead; 02-10-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

MK Magazine: Did you actually go to jail?
    Steele: I was in Rikers Island [York City's largest jail facility] because I had violated probation.

MK Magazine: So you went to jail and you're a big guy, there's always somebody that wants to fight the big guy.

Steele: You know, when you are going to jail when you are like 43 years old, it's not like a high school territorial thing anymore. Like, unless somebody is in my face or touches me, like really touches me, I'm like what-the-fuck-ever. I have nothing to prove because I knew that I was only in there for 30 days because there were guys in there that were in there for life, and, of course, I was like one of three white people, so, of course, I am like the great white dope, you know and some guys in there would be like,"Hey, man, what's the name of your band?" and, of course, I am like, "TYPE O NEGATIVE," and they thought the I said "Tae Bo!" Tae Bo! Yo Tae Bo! Yo! Yo undertaker! Yo Tarzan! Tarzan! You know the worst thing was that, um, my mother was not doing very well and stuff. . .So I was in jail and you get like one eight-minute phone call a day and that's like where most fights come in. Yeah over fuckin' telephone usage. So I every time I would speak to my mother I never knew if I was going to speak to her again. So you know so that was like a real jail sentence for me. Thinking about what I was going to come home to but you know I have to admit that I got myself that, I violated probation because you know due to drugs and alcohol and just having a case of like all I had to do was like show up once a month and put my hand into a fuckin machine.

MK Magazine: And you just didn't show up once?

Steele: I didn't show up for like six months and then I'm like so, let them come and get me and you know what? Bang! Bang! Bang! Is Peter there? Housekeeping!

MK Magazine: And your mom was upstairs?

Steele: Yeah! And so they took me out in chains.

MK Magazine: I don't know if this rumor or what because you tend to hear everything in the press but, then I heard that there was an intervention.

Steele: There were many.

MK Magazine: How hard is that?

Steele: They were.

MK Magazine: I mean, did you just want to say "Fuck you?"

Steele: I mean, there was one of like, that show, like that whole friends and family comes down. There was one of those. I have had people you know, friends, family, co-workers, you know, pull me off to the side and say, "You know, Peter, you are really fuckin' up. You got to do something, blah, blah, blah." Yeah, there have been many interventions but I am a very stubborn fuckin' person, and as you see, I am drinking fuckin' alcohol here, I'm not coked up because if I was this interview would have lasted fuckin' three seconds because I would have answered all of your questions like, "Blah, blah, blah." But, um, so you know I have to get rid of one demon at a time. You know I have two demons cocaine and alcohol . . . Things are actually much better now, you know I am no angel, but I mean, I fall off from time to time, but listen, it's better to do — and I am not justifying my usage by any means — but I think it's some what better to do, I mean, like maybe one gram like every two weeks than like three eight balls a day like for fuckin two years. I mean, I can stick my fuckin' finger up my fuckin nose and hit the back of my fuckin' head. I have like burnt out my entire cranial cavity. I mean, luckily I was not born with a brain to begin with so there was like nothing to lose. I mean, I heard an echo in my head. It's like, "Hello, Merry Christmas!"
    MK Magazine: So where did this translate into this record because it is night and day to the last one? Number one I got to say the new label [SPV] spared no expense and has done nothing but push this shit the way I wish Roadrunner would have the last one.
    Steele: I have to back you up that they really did spare no expense, and I think that they are doing a really, really great job and a lot of people think that we were dropped from Roadrunner — we were not dropped, that wanted to re-sign us but under different conditions that were actually much worse then the previous ones. So rather than be a small fish in a big pond we became a big fish in a small pond. So this is call mutualism when two preachers or two organizations benefit each other by mutual respect so SPV wanted to break their German label here in the States and told us that we were going to be a priority.

MK Magazine: Do you feel like a priority?

Steele: With SPV, yes, and that was the motivating factor, but as far as what has happened over the past couple of years I have learned from jail and rehab and being in a psychiatric institution, I'm still learning. But I think that I after my mother's death, I was born a Roman Catholic and I think that I have gone back to my faith. You know, people ask me are you a born-again Christian and I said no I am a dead-again Christian I have always been dead. I believe in Jesus Christ and God and the whole thing but, you know, I don't shove it down anyone's throat. You know, it's a very private personal thing and faith is really strong and I really want to see my mother and father again. And also I can't believe that somebody like ****** and Mother Teresa are going to the same place after death. I can't believe that.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/typ...C47KhPdJ8U6.99

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I always start missing him around Halloween. Maybe because I listen to a lot of Type O Negative in October. He affects me in a really strange way. I don't usually feel that connected to many famous people. The ones I do are usually dead.

He reminds me a lot of Lemmy. I think they are both Beta ST. I also think he is 458 tritype and sx/sp.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ISTP(?)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by suedehead; 02-10-2016 at 03:27 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLE cp6w? Social-Last
    Last edited by suedehead; 02-10-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LIE-Te.

I don't see beta ST; he had his own personal set of values, that is clear to me from watching him in interviews. Also he seemed to value internally felt feelings, as opposed to group emotions and banter. His self-derisive humor also reminds me of LIE. Also too outspoken and and verbose for a Ti ego.

I love sweeping him Pantera's stage, like saying "you guys are a bunch of slobs, gtfoutta here". That seems like very Te base humor.

In any case, seemed like a great guy whatever type he was, definitely had a real sense of integrity.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LSI-Se 3w4 sx/so the social subtype

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    LIE-Te.

I don't see beta ST; he had his own personal set of values, that is clear to me from watching him in interviews. Also he seemed to value internally felt feelings, as opposed to group emotions and banter. His self-derisive humor also reminds me of LIE. Also too outspoken and and verbose for a Ti ego.

I love sweeping him Pantera's stage, like saying "you guys are a bunch of slobs, gtfoutta here". That seems like very Te base humor.

In any case, seemed like a great guy whatever type he was, definitely had a real sense of integrity.
    He really doesn't seem like an intuitive type, I mean... Look at the guy! Aside from that, he seemed like a very earthly person and thrill seeker as well, he also was very crafty and skilled. He loved modifying and repairing cars and even had his own modified model of 1985 Pontiac Grand Prix and he did all the work by himself. If he wasn't making music, repairing cars or having sex, he was lifting weights all the time... I really doubt the LIE. When it comes to his interests and talents, he seems like a stereotypical beta ST to me.

delta st

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's LSI, he lived by his own rules that in the end always override any externally imposed rules. Our particular brand of Ti can seem like Te to some people because it's very condensed, as contrasted to the wordiness of LII.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certified LSI badge
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clear extravert.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Our particular brand of Ti can seem like Te to some people because it's very condensed, as contrasted to the wordiness of LII.
    Boo
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

He reminds me of Brad Leone from Bon Appétit

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is LSI confirm
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every goth girl's dream BF.

LSI works, I was thinking SLE as an alternative.

Perhaps LSI interacting with his Dual

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

irrational logician

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you only liked rappers.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE 100%

Looks like @I am a frog

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My favourite bit of Peter Steele lore is when he did a nude photoshoot for a magazine in the hopes that he'll expand his circle of thirst even further, only for the issue to be bought mainly by gay men. And he got angry over that.
    What a cutie.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    I thought you only liked rappers.
    He makes metal music sound sexy. I just don’t always feel like listening to music about heartbreak and wanting to kill myself and prefer grounded stories about hardship and relationships nowadays
    Last edited by Averroes; 11-08-2023 at 11:27 AM.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎