Thread: Low Se advice

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Low Se advice

Ever since being introduced to socionics (a month or two now), I've been made aware of my strong weakness in the Se area. I've always been aware of it to some extent, but now I really understand how important it is for me to try and become stronger in this area, and I've set my mind on paying more attention to it than I've been previously.

Because of the coronavirus, my school is closed for 3 weeks + 2 weeks for April break, so I am stuck at home for 5 weeks. Going out is not an option (at least for now). While I'm stuck at home, how do you think I should go about improving myself in this area? It's much harder when I can't leave home and see people and go places! and hey, if you have any general suggestions for it outside of this scenario, I'm all ears!

What I'm doing right now is doing my best to stay active. If you have any other suggestions please please say them

disclaimer: maybe i'm wrong but I feel like someone will come and comment something about.. --I'm aware self-improvement doesn't happen overnight and there's no magic cure blah blah etc. trust me, i'm no stranger to this game. please refrain from making a comment pointing it out.

thanks guys

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think you need more Se? Do you feel imbalanced?

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take roids and beat up ppl for no reason

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Why do you think you need more Se? Do you feel imbalanced?
    yes, I feel that I am too passive in everyday life, and stuck inside of my head. especially when I stay at home for a long time without seeing people, I start to lose myself inside of my mind and lose touch with reality really deeply.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by citronnade View Post
    yes, I feel that I am too passive in everyday life, and stuck inside of my head. especially when I stay at home for a long time without seeing people, I start to lose myself inside of my mind and lose touch with reality really deeply.
    That has happened to me before as well. I think that’s a normal consequence of being stuck indoors for every type. AFAIK you can only change the situation. Try to be extroverted basically. Stay in touch with people. Call them on the phone. Go out and do stuff, even if it’s just some gardening or looking at bugs on the sidewalk. Have some caffeine and try to learn a dance routine at home. Try supergluing furniture to the ceiling, etc.

A girl sometimes needs a plan but I think you'll be fine with or without that supposed grown Se muscle. It's fear we are afraid of, not the thing itself. Who knows, maybe 'motivation' will show up if you give yourself the liberty to sit in that state and see what it is made of. The snake might be a rope.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May I piggyback on this thread with a related question? Like Alec Baldwin says in Glengarry Glen Ross: I'm going anyway. It's been said that if you win over the audience you win the confrontation/argument/whatever. If I remember right Tucker Max wrote that about his own hands-on (and dicks-on?) style of social dynamics. It's easy for me to play to a third party (aristocratic) if there's something to be argued. But what is good advice when you are 1 on 1, there are no witnesses, and there is very little middle ground to work with/on. What are some good frames that help in 1v1? And I don't mean for Se negotiation (but we're always negotiation), I mean for Se Fe imposing will on someone. YOU DROVE A HYUNDAI TO BE HERE TONIGHT. I DROVE AN EIGHTY-THOUSAND DOLLAR BMW. THAT'S MY NAME

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by franktheplank View Post
    May I piggyback on this thread with a related question? Like Alec Baldwin says in Glengarry Glen Ross: I'm going anyway. It's been said that if you win over the audience you win the confrontation/argument/whatever. If I remember right Tucker Max wrote that about his own hands-on (and dicks-on?) style of social dynamics. It's easy for me to play to a third party (aristocratic) if there's something to be argued.

But what is good advice when you are 1 on 1, there are no witnesses, and there is very little middle ground to work with/on. What are some good frames that help in 1v1?

And I don't mean for Se negotiation (but we're always negotiation), I mean for Se Fe imposing will on someone.
    YOU DROVE A HYUNDAI TO BE HERE TONIGHT. I DROVE AN EIGHTY-THOUSAND DOLLAR BMW. THAT'S MY NAME
    I've heard that guns work very well.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I've heard that guns work very well.
    Guns are too effeminate.

A sword might not be easier, but it's more fun.

Regarding remaining active, I know I'm not the best one to give advice, but if you currently don't need to be active, why would you push yourself to do something you don't want to do, all the while having the possibility of doing whatever pleases you? Maybe try to engage in activities that maintain your interest and you are passionate about, because when you engage in things you like, it doesn't have a weigh as strong on your motivation.
    Last edited by RBRS; 08-17-2020 at 02:52 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by franktheplank View Post
    May I piggyback on this thread with a related question? Like Alec Baldwin says in Glengarry Glen Ross: I'm going anyway. It's been said that if you win over the audience you win the confrontation/argument/whatever. If I remember right Tucker Max wrote that about his own hands-on (and dicks-on?) style of social dynamics. It's easy for me to play to a third party (aristocratic) if there's something to be argued. But what is good advice when you are 1 on 1, there are no witnesses, and there is very little middle ground to work with/on. What are some good frames that help in 1v1? And I don't mean for Se negotiation (but we're always negotiation), I mean for Se Fe imposing will on someone. YOU DROVE A HYUNDAI TO BE HERE TONIGHT. I DROVE AN EIGHTY-THOUSAND DOLLAR BMW. THAT'S MY NAME
    I like Se, but I see imposing your will on someone as inherently unethical in maybe all cases. seems like coercion vs. actual leadership

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think imposing will is more e8 than se. The most insistent people I know are mostly EJ

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I suspect imposing will is more a dominant subtype thing.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I suspect imposing will is more a dominant subtype thing.
    mm..but how so? I don't see it

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    mm..but how so? I don't see it
    It's just that most (if not all) of the "bossy" people I've known are also dominant subypes in socionics.