Thread: Hiya , type me if u can

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hiya , type me if u can

Hey. After learning MBTI for month or two I couldn't progress in determining my type, so I decided to give a shot in socionics. I love to analyse people through look and behavior all the time, and finally I found concept practiced by a lot of people. Finding VI is such a relief.

In MBTI i usually scored INTP/INTJ, but the river of "kids" that forced themselves to be this type put me in position to doubt the outcome of tests. It was hard to try to relate to other people with this type, because almost every person on forum presented other facts and forced to fit into very tight framework of particular type.

In enneagream i often scored 3 types: 5w4 5w6 8w7.

In Socionics test I scored:

Your Sociotype: LIE-1Ni (ENTj)

Other Possible Types

ILI (INTp): 84% as likely as LIE.
    LII (INTj): 70% as likely as LIE.
    EIE (ENFj): 67% as likely as LIE.

I have to mention three important things I found in myself, and are definitely not helping in my self-awareness. I lead quite unhealthy regular life that puts me in constant feeling of being tired. Second thing is that I easily see the outcome of choosing an answer, resulting in my choice being too strongly influenced by identifying with features of particular type.

If there is any information you need, or questionnaire to fill just write. Also I have prepared few photos to upload for VI.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by davez View Post
    Hey. After learning MBTI for month or two I couldn't progress in determining my type, so I decided to give a shot in socionics. I love to analyse people through look and behavior all the time, and finally I found concept practiced by a lot of people. Finding VI is such a relief.

In MBTI i usually scored INTP/INTJ, but the river of "kids" that forced themselves to be this type put me in position to doubt the outcome of tests. It was hard to try to relate to other people with this type, because almost every person on forum presented other facts and forced to fit into very tight framework of particular type.

In enneagream i often scored 3 types: 5w4 5w6 8w7.

In Socionics test I scored:

Your Sociotype: LIE-1Ni (ENTj)

Other Possible Types

ILI (INTp): 84% as likely as LIE.
    LII (INTj): 70% as likely as LIE.
    EIE (ENFj): 67% as likely as LIE.

I have to mention three important things I found in myself, and are definitely not helping in my self-awareness. I lead quite unhealthy regular life that puts me in constant feeling of being tired. Second thing is that I easily see the outcome of choosing an answer, resulting in my choice being too strongly influenced by identifying with features of particular type.

If there is any information you need, or questionnaire to fill just write. Also I have prepared few photos to upload for VI.
    Welcome, davez!

You seem very Gamma NT to me, the Te is obvious. You begin by mentioning how you've tested, as 'proof', to gather facts and evidence. On the other hand, I usually see Alpha NT's jump into the theory, and begin by asking about information elements, etc. You seem to care more about personal experience/proof, and anecdotal information.

Pictures for VI would be good.

I'd guess ENTj.

1. Leading a 'quite unhealthy regular life' sounds somewhat like Si-POLR,
    2. while 'easily see the outcome of choosing an answer' could possibly be Ni,
    3. and finally 'After learning MBTI for month or two' seems very Ne-devaluing. In my experience, Ne-egos tend to be much more exact when identifying events along a timeframe. They might say "for 6 weeks I studied MBTI", or "2 months and 1 week", whereas you don't seem to find that detail as important.

But heck, that's just an answer after one post. If you want to know your type, post often, and your true nature/thought process will come out and be more evident.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post pictures!

I would agree with MD Snaps but I would like to VI, to be sure. I could also easily see ILI. But again, post pictures for VI.

Speaking of VI, your sentence "Finding VI is such a relief" seems to point to Te ego also, more "proof-seeking". VI is a more concrete way of typing, as long as you do it properly.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You don't seem to be a Gamma NT.

The introductions made by INTp are rather soft, welcoming, inviting, formal and pleasant; the ENTj is rather fun and emotive. Your post is more constructivist, but it fits neither of these molds.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, looks like you're Gamma, davez, you now can join the least populated quadra online.

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Snaps

unhealthy regular habit comes from time when I used to be sick for 2 years almost every week, ended up being addicted to internet as a kid.

umm, Si-POLR? could you please explain it? google gives me Si-POWER results lol.
    @Jenna

Pictures inc!

@Maritsa

I wanted it to be short and constructive so it is actually read, when I'm talking with someone directly i'm definitely fun and emotive.
    Last edited by davez; 11-21-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: i like privacy(:

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@k0rpsy

Hey! With statement that I try to fit particular type, I tried to explain a little what happens in my head and how it clouds judgement. Example would be my score as INTJ in MBTI. I started reading topics and posts of INTJ forum and I felt i'm trying to become picture if INTJ that was created there. People on that forum usually described INTJ as cold and robotic, and after reading that on and on i was more likely to choose answer in any test as less caring about people. While in fact I am polite, rather warm than cold and expressive in direct confrontation.

@Absurd

Why is it least populated quadra online?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@k0rpsy

Hey! With statement that I try to fit particular type, I tried to explain a little what happens in my head and how it clouds judgement. Example would be my score as INTJ in MBTI. I started reading topics and posts of INTJ forum and I felt i'm trying to become picture if INTJ that was created there. People on that forum usually described INTJ as cold and robotic, and after reading that on and on i was more likely to choose answer in any test as less caring about people. While in fact I am polite, rather warm than cold and expressive in direct confrontation.
    If you know all this about yourself then what more do you expect to learn from typology?

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    If you know all this about yourself then what more do you expect to learn from typology?
    I know i'm rather warm and expressive than cold and unexpressive, I know that i use sarcasm a lot. And I know that I have hard time with my emotional side. That's all I can say for sure, it's not enough to say which is my type for sure. Especially that I get lost when I start reading about other similar types.

Even though I scored as LIE-1Ni and Meged/Ocharov subtype description fits me quite well, I can't really tell for sure. I don't really like to initiate talking, and in description it says i even have easiness for that. This already creates a doubt in my mind a bit.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm asking you about you, not asking you about types.

If you knew the world was going to be blown up in an hour and everything on it would die, how would you use your remaining time? What would become of you in death?

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely want to learn more about myself, and learn my weak sides to be better individual in general.

I would probably say things I can't bring myself to say to people close to me. "What would become of you in death?" I'm not english native and to be honest I have hard time understanding how to exactly answer this, I wouldn't mind you putting it in different words. Now i'd answer nothing, because you assumed world would be blown up lol. Is that question possibly something like, what kind of person would I be when I would face fact that i'd die in hour?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely want to learn more about myself, and learn my weak sides to be better individual in general.
    Ok, that's reasonable.

I would probably say things I can't bring myself to say to people close to me.
    Alright. What sort of things are difficult to say now?

"What would become of you in death?" I'm not english native and to be honest I have hard time understanding how to exactly answer this, I wouldn't mind you putting it in different words.Now i'd answer nothing, because you assumed world would be blown up lol.
    Your writing certainly has an "accent" (Baltic region?) but I think your English is just fine, so don't worry about that.

A different way to word my question is, which do you see as the greater authority: religion or science?

Is that question possibly something like, what kind of person would I be when I would face fact that i'd die in hour?
    Yes. If you only have a short time to perform your final acts, what is most important for you to do?

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright. What sort of things are difficult to say now?
    Expressing my feelings or just simply telling that I care/cared and similar stuff.

Your writing certainly has an "accent" (Baltic region?) but I think your English is just fine, so don't worry about that.

A different way to word my question is, which do you see as the greater authority: religion or science?
    Bah you're good, eastern europe.

I consider science as greater authority, but I think of it as a logical structure that pushes our progress in rational way. I'm also big fan of metaphysics.

Yes. If you only have a short time to perform your final acts, what is most important for you to do?
    When I imagine myself, I would think that most things wouldn't have purpose except for attempt to express my emotions because I would never had chance to do that again. Next thing I would prioritize is to stay calm and try to control situation. I can't think of anything good as answer. If i'd write i'd try to find a space ship that would be more than funny scenario of third league movie lol. Emotion thing seems like answer that came after trying to find best answer to question. I think i can definitely say that staying calm and in control would be my biggest inner need.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Visually, you are a Perceptual type.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Visually, you are a Perceptual type.
    So i should drop J types?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, thanks for those answers.

What draws you to metaphysics?

Do you like other branches of philosophy?

Perhaps you could name a few philosophers you like, especially if there are any whose thoughts made you say, "Hey, this guy sounds like me."

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I saw pics and I'm gonna go Ni-LIE for you
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So i should drop J types?
    You should ask for explanations of statements like this one. Make people "show their math". That way you learn what observers are seeing in you, and you can then compare that information with your self-knowledge (including what friends and enemies have said about you). This practice helps eliminate hasty generalizations and false impressions, and it also improves your ability to infer the thought patterns of the people who are typing you.

To help understand socionics theory and its application, here's a good website to start with: http://www.socionics.us/

Creepy-Snaps

umm, Si-POLR? could you please explain it? google gives me Si-POWER results lol.
    Sure, you can check out more socionics info @ http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ikisocion_home.

To answer your question, POLR stands for "point of least resistance", often referred to as the weakest conscious function, or your 4th function. Just like it's useful to type someone based on their strengths, sometimes it's useful to type someone based on their weaknesses. You can read about Si as a vulnerable function here: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...verted_sensing.

****** would not approve of your earlobes ,davez.plus,you look like a drunk delta introvert - no offence.

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What draws you to metaphysics?
    Unknown and unspoken also it gives me a feeling of purpose, or at least an attempt to it. I like that it's all about reality that we can't entirely comprehend through logic, there is a feeling there is something more to it.

Do you like other branches of philosophy?

Perhaps you could name a few philosophers you like, especially if there are any whose thoughts made you say, "Hey, this guy sounds like me."
    I am not yet so well educated in practical way, to throw names and thoughts behind them. I very often just analysed quotes and some works by myself. I'll just focus on quotes and how i understood their thoughts.

Definitely Plato. I like some of his quotes because he seems to get down to essence of meaning without offending. His quotes also seem a bit impersonal, in a way he isn't connecting directly his problems to his thoughts.

My favorite shot, F. W. Nietzsche. He seemed to attack superficial, and gave depth answers. I'm not even sure how to put it right, but to me it felt natural to read his attacks against reality. It wasn't attempt to prove something, but
    a perspective of his own that somehow was right, but hard.

Well, probably my reasons why i like those philosophers is babbling so i'll just write down guys i like to read about. N. Machiavelli, Carl Jung, Goethe, Hegel, Kant

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, I enjoy some of those thinkers as well. If you stick around this forum you'll have plenty of opportunities to exchange ideas and cross wits with other philosophizers.

For greater clarity, it'd be appreciated if you'd provide a selection of favorite quotes so we can understand what sort of ideas make the most sense to you.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Absurd

Why is it least populated quadra online?
    Don't ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    I saw pics and I'm gonna go Ni-LIE for you
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1 View Post
    ****** would not approve of your earlobes ,davez.plus,you look like a drunk delta introvert - no offence.
    ****** is dead, nor did he look like a vampire. Gamma, LIE. No offence. Keep your dead in your closet. Oh, and don't quote me, jennifer.

Last edited by Absurd; 11-21-2012 at 03:05 PM.

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1 View Post
    wut? nah, not really offended. Although a little drunk - maybe.
    @Snaps

Thank you a lot. I wanted to look around inferior functions in socionics, because those i read about in MBTI didn't seem so clear.
    @k0rpsy

It was kind of provocative question, unfortunately my nature is a little skeptic and questioning. Probably thats why priest kicked me from Confirmation after week lol. But thank you for putting it in right words and ensuring that it's right to question.

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Nietzsche

Comment: It's simple and I like it because perspective is subjective, and truth isn't something you can define easily in words. Surely this quote encourages to strengthen your own opinions as long as they are under healthy, thoughtful, and not-violent influences.

"In heaven, all the interesting people are missing." - Nietzsche

Comment: Maybe it's over interpretation but I think he attacks concept of heaven as irrational place achieved with stripping self from any pleasures or good. Instead one should gradually create concept of good(<- probably a bad definition of Axiology)

"What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power, power itself in man. What is bad? All that proceeds from weakness." - Nietzsche

Comment: I like how this one is connected to psychology. Basically I understand this as a process of understanding self, so the ambitions for power don't come from unfulfilled inner world, but for a higher purpose. So the person is likely to strive for good more than someone who just wants power because of lack of it inside his head.

I hope my deductions have any sense, when I think of it and have this understand in my head I feel this whole concept which i want to express so strongly i just start typing more with hunch and feeling than logic lol. I'll just throw in few quotes, i thought adding two or three comments might give some idea of way i deduce things.

"Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Niet-dude

"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes" - C. Jung

"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people." - C. Jung

"There is no coming to consciousness without pain." - C. Jung

"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you." - C. Jung

"When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate" - C. Jung

"Resistance to the organized mass can be effected only by the man who is as well organized in his individuality as the mass itself." - C. Jung

"I love those who yearn for the impossible." - Goethe

"Destiny grants us our wishes, but in its own way, in order to give us something beyond our wishes" - Goethe

"A person hears only what they understand. " - Goethe

"Only by joy and sorrow does a person know anything about themselves and their destiny. They learn what to do and what to avoid." - Goethe

"Mysteries are not necessarily miracles." - Goethe

"To create something you must be something." - G-dude

Phew, that is surely a number of quotes. I find it hard to focus on one, as most of them are like principles of everyday life to me. But who knows, maybe one day i'll choose one quote, tattoo it somewhere and start music career.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looking at those quotes, especially Nietzsche and Jung, you're korpsey quadra. Look no further.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, ILI it is.

TIM
    LiL-Tee
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and korpsey quadra is?

So ILI, not LIE?

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ILI too, now that your write more. Active mint, lot of thought with not a lot of firm conclusions. Interest in metaphysics. When I saw your pic I was immediately reminded of the two ILIs I know! But I have no confidence in my VI skills, I won't say so on just that. I usually go with my intuition, what feels to be right, and I agree with @Jenna on this.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k0rpsy is ILI.
    And yeah, I'm going with ILI, not LIE. LIE's are pretty easy to spot (visually) and you just don't fit in. I've been doing a VI project, putting pictures of people of each type together so you can really see it. Here are ILIs:

Top row: Hugh grant, Hugh Laurie, Hugh Laurie when he was younger (and looked just like another forum member, c pig)
    Middle row: Rupert friend, Arthur darvill, prince Philip
    Bottom row: Milton Friedman

nice to see hugh laurie under something other than LSI.Rupert Friend is such a darling.P.Philip is a reptilian *shoo shoo*

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just look at that blank space in the bottom right corner - Jenna sure doesn't want you to know something. Anyhow, you should throw rocks in the air and watch them fall jennifer, I mean so many Gammas out there for you to caress.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was kind of provocative question, unfortunately my nature is a little skeptic and questioning. Probably thats why priest kicked me from Confirmation after week lol.
    This is a somewhat familiar story. I rejected the idea of christian salvation through confession at age five and became a militant atheist after reading the bible at age eight. When I was forced to attend confirmation classes at age twelve the only thing that got me through those two years was the promise of a computer after graduation, and I challenged every assumption and absurdity of faith along the way. The pastor was an ok guy though, so I let him off the hook each time he got frustrated with my questions and told me, "I don't know, man. It's in the book somewhere."

But thank you for putting it in right words and ensuring that it's right to question.
    No problem.

OK, I've asked a lot from you, and your extra effort of interpreting these philosophical quotes is appreciated and interesting, so here's my analysis. Feel free to correct me if I've misinterpreted anything.

First of all, you've quoted people who are all Ni thinkers by my reckoning (and Jung's with regard to Goethe, who he said was an Fe/Ni ego), so if we take that at face value it points to a Decisive orientation, i.e. valuing Ni/Se, which is characteristic of Beta and Gamma quadras.

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Nietzsche

Comment: It's simple and I like it because perspective is subjective, and truth isn't something you can define easily in words. Surely this quote encourages to strengthen your own opinions as long as they are under healthy, thoughtful, and not-violent influences.
    There are strong echoes here of pyrrhonian skepticism and existentialism, which is another prominent indicator of Ni being front and center in your worldview. Epistemically I think it points to Te as well. It's also a dynamic and irrational attitude in that it maintains a distance from definite claims of truth, though it's also paradoxical in that it asserts, "The truth is that there are both many truths and no truth!" That you're able to see this as sensible, however, points to dialectical-algorithmic cognition. What also catches my eye is that you seem to have come to this forum with the intention of reaching an open-ended goal through dialogue instead of trying to advance linearly toward a fixed target like a static/rational person is often inclined to do.

"In heaven, all the interesting people are missing." - Nietzsche

Comment: Maybe it's over interpretation but I think he attacks concept of heaven as irrational place achieved with stripping self from any pleasures or good. Instead one should gradually create concept of good(<- probably a bad definition of Axiology)
    Here's another point for being conscious of moral relativism in a way that treats it as being real/natural, and understanding one's own responsibility in defining the good and bad through experiential accumulation and analysis. Since relativism gives priority to the subjective we'll call this type of morality introverted ethics, or Fi. Fi (and Te) is a valued function shared by the two Serious quadras, Gamma and Delta.

"What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power, power itself in man. What is bad? All that proceeds from weakness." - Nietzsche

Comment: I like how this one is connected to psychology. Basically I understand this as a process of understanding self, so the ambitions for power don't come from unfulfilled inner world, but for a higher purpose. So the person is likely to strive for good more than someone who just wants power because of lack of it inside his head.
    Se is often associated with power, though I think of it in broader terms as representing concrete actuality, of embodied experience itself. What Interests me is that your thought on power is also concerned with its rightful development and direction, which is to say that you've assigned ethical values of merit and motivation to it. Another way to look at this in the context of Model A is that you've blocked Se with Fi, which is characteristic of Gamma quadra, and since it seems you regard this as an area requiring improvement I'd say it isn't your strong suit. That is, you're T > F. So if we go in the prevailing direction indicated by my reading of available evidence then this shows a likelihood of your being a Gamma NT, either ILI or LIE. We haven't discussed things that might reveal more about temperament, like your work and social life, so I'll leave it to you to decide which one makes more sense. I also leave open the possibility of IEI (and some of our IEIs demonstrate quite clearly that being an ethical ego is no guarantee of emotional control), but so far that seems doubtful. I suggest cross-referencing with enneagram to help with that and general self-discovery. Here are two good articles:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Pay-Attention
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ightened-Being

I hope my deductions have any sense
    It did if my commentary makes sense to you in return. Your interpretations also put a new spin on some old ideas for me, so I appreciate the food for thought.

when I think of it and have this understand in my head I feel this whole concept which i want to express so strongly i just start typing more with hunch and feeling than logic lol. I'll just throw in few quotes, i thought adding two or three comments might give some idea of way i deduce things.
    Yeah, good effort. And your grasp of English and philosophy are obviously good enough for you to have some fun here if you stick around. I'm going to shut up for now and see what others might have to say, but I'll chime in again if anything needs clarification or new ideas appear.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)