Thread: Socionics type and schizophrenia

TIM
    IEI 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics type and schizophrenia

I have not told you this yet, but I am a paranoid schizophrenic. I have been battling this illness for 5 years now, and even if I will never be a healthy person, I am more than 2 years psychosis free.

Ever since I fell ill, I was interested how this illness plays out when you are analysing socionics. Could not find any theories on the western Internet, so I turned my Google Translate, a girl's best friend, and I went to the Russian mesaage boards.

I found that some people think psychosis is connected to Ne, but I don't think that is the case, since schizophrenia is an illness that looks different for each person. However, I did see someone mebtioning that schizophrenia causes your information metabolism to fuck up and there are many disturbances. Now I think that this illness causes some kind of re-composition of metabolism, so like if a SEI falls ill, their Ne is moved to tge second function, but it is weakened and everything falls apart.
    Sounds half assed, I know, but this is what I've been managing to come up with. Any thoughts?

Sounds legit.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When the engine is misfiring, type becomes irrelevant. I doubt that data processing structures would change but process sequences might be disturbed - like an app that's been corrupted and needs rebooting. The app didn't change but outside influences (brain chemistry likely) made it do weird things, which only makes type appear like it morphs into something else.

a.k.a. I/O

The brain is not an engine.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeaux Rainfox View Post
    The brain is not an engine.
    If you don't like that metaphor, then it's an organic computer and type is the operating system for information processing.

a.k.a. I/O

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Jung types can be linked with neurotic level symptoms.
    As types predisposition to some of them: accentuations, psychopaties, isolated symptoms. And to general neurotization in case of more expressed types, lesser balanced psyche functions.

To paranoid disorders should be more predisposed S types. As _one of_ factors.
    As they think surfacely, miss details and so easier make mistakes about not evident things. Having weak N means they are lesser sured in related - have more anxiety about possible. So they are more suspicious to people and have higher anxiety. Si types get some more troubled worries about future outcomes, Se types get more worries about unexpected traits of situations and of people.

When anything hurts the psyche, as any disorder or when people are tired or under high load - the lesser consciouse weak functions easier mix their archaic and supressed contents with the consciousness - they distort it normal functioning. In these situations people try to supress weak regions, to relay more on assured strong regions - but this also removes weak regions from conscious control and such makes easier to distort the psyche by neurotic ways.

If there is a general factor for a psychosis, the concrete symptoms may be more expected at some types. In this case Se type can to have more cases of paranoid psychoses than any other type. Other types can to have them too, but in lesser degree and lesser often. Other types will develop own specific expressions of that psychosis.
    If a paranoid psychosis is developed by own specific factor - Se types may have paranoid symptoms expressed higher.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Do you see yourself as being gradually slipped into that state or just something is just flipped on some day? Is it hereditary?

Anyway, I think there runs benign schizotypy genes in my family but yet no schizophrenics. Some would just call us bit off maybe more imaginative than run off the mill people. I think it shows in terms of non conformity. All of the siblings have very distinct personalities and it implies none are identicals
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talanov said that Ne types have reduced dopamine sensitivity and it's an opposite to schizophrenia in which dopamine activity in brain is too high.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    Talanov said that Ne types have reduced dopamine sensitivity and it's an opposite to schizophrenia in which dopamine activity in brain is too high.
    In popular culture and media, dopamine is usually seen as the main chemical of pleasure, but the current opinion in pharmacology is that dopamine instead confers motivational salience;[3][4][5] in other words, dopamine signals the perceived motivational prominence (i.e., the desirability or aversiveness) of an outcome, which in turn propels the organism's behavior toward or away from achieving that outcome.[5][6]
    Yes, if it seen as a state brain being hammered with false positives and negatives, maybe so. Ne types are usually the most reluctant to follow the traces to their own detriment being less committed because it in the end would signal less potential alternatives for the future.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 07-01-2020 at 01:14 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Se types get more worries about unexpected traits of situations and of people.
    This was true in my case.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by littleblackcloud View Post
    I have not told you this yet, but I am a paranoid schizophrenic. I have been battling this illness for 5 years now, and even if I will never be a healthy person, I am more than 2 years psychosis free.

Ever since I fell ill, I was interested how this illness plays out when you are analysing socionics. Could not find any theories on the western Internet, so I turned my Google Translate, a girl's best friend, and I went to the Russian mesaage boards.

I found that some people think psychosis is connected to Ne, but I don't think that is the case, since schizophrenia is an illness that looks different for each person. However, I did see someone mebtioning that schizophrenia causes your information metabolism to fuck up and there are many disturbances. Now I think that this illness causes some kind of re-composition of metabolism, so like if a SEI falls ill, their Ne is moved to tge second function, but it is weakened and everything falls apart.
    Sounds half assed, I know, but this is what I've been managing to come up with. Any thoughts?
    Schizophrenia in my opinion is a split in the Self of some kind that results from part of the self being condemned by some form of socializing trauma. A part of the self becomes unacceptable, and so the mind splits it off into an appearance of something external.

It's also possible in my opinion that schizophrenia is an umbrella for lots of different things that haven't yet been identified.

I think a severe split between the ego and the super-id might be it.... Could be something else though.