Thread: Identifying ESIs???

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Identifying ESIs???

I think this is the most difficult type for me to identify in real life for some reason. Could be because they're known for being quiet so they don't really stand out a lot most of the time, or because they're apparently more soft than the other se egos. All the video examples come off as very "completely normal person", there's not really any distinctive mannerisms or pattern I can detect from those. And Ne Polr is also really hard to put my finger on, it seems to manifest in anxiety and a blindness to possibilities?? but anxiety is a very typical trait for many different people of the socion. Good S also usually translates to good style, but there are also many ESIs that don't dress up a lot, especially males, so style is also kind of unhelpful too. Basically, their mental image in my head is very fuzzy.

What trait/mannerism is completely distinct to ESI? Especially compared to EII and LSI, which I get stuck choosing between a lot. Anything that helps capture their essence or vibe would be helpful, thanks! kudos

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One could say that while they are physically bit softer at first glance they are capable of imposing psychological terror. Tbh I don't really see LSI's that physical either [they just have a very clear leader quality which sometimes looks very stiff more than a threat] and maybe even softer than ESI's from my stand point because they are much more flexible in atmosphere.

So I say they go by the guardian attitude regarding procedures and facts. If someone questions things having alternative validity they won't listen.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI 7w8 soc-blind
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d say ESI dress up more than any other type. ESEs are more put together but ESIs are more flashy. They have their bad days but their style is usually unique and very pleasant. I can’t identify Ne PoLR so I mostly look out for lack of Ne when I’m down to EIIs and ESIs.

Even ESI men dress up really well and in their best lines. For example of one of them has long legs they would wear long flared pants.

ESIs are the normal people of the world not in a bad way. I haven’t met the weird artist type but usually those are EIIs so. Yeah. I identify them by lack of bad traits present in other types except for the fact that they are really bad with appointments. Oh and their competitiveness comes up if you play board games with them but not all the time.

If EIIs are Persian cats ESIs are Prussian blue lol.
    ترفرف كالأجنحة غير المنظورة حول رأسي

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lilith View Post
    All the video examples come off as very "completely normal person"
    try bloggers types examples in my signature to notice the difference between types. to evaluate the difference between examples people (as those are not well known to you) use intuitive impressions from their nonverbal behavior mainly

if you'll make a typing thread with your videointerview it will be a chance to help you with own type, as it can be not EII. with the correct type you'll can understand IR effects to use them in a typing too

> What trait/mannerism is completely distinct to ESI?

there is a pack if traits the match of which describes types: dichotomies, ego functions, strong/weak functions, values, model A some functions specifics, your IR effects, etc. the more of traits for some type and the lesser of traits for other types - the more you may be sure in that type. nothing else

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@COVID 007
    I completely agree that LSIs are more easygoing than first meets the eyes. But I think they are still very "hard" in their own way, they are IJ after all. Although I think in a superficial, social sense stiffest would be is fe ignoring -> "softest" are fe creatives

@Ibreen
    Thanks for your insight! Typing people by process of elimination or "lack of" is probably more helpful than I initially gave credit for heheh. Completing your train of thought, fe creative is scottish munchkin, se leading is some exotic illegal feral type, fe is a flamboyant maine coon, and fe polr is a disgruntled ragdoll.

@Sol
    I would love that! But I'm a bit camera shy....... maybe if you can help me with getting a gud questionaire I'll give it my best shot. ^^

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

But I'm a bit camera shy....... maybe if you can help me with getting a gud questionaire I'll give it my best shot. ^^
    Video is important as gives your nonverbal behavior. Types have difference in this and people can be typed so. To type people which are not known good - by behavioral VI is the best way (I do not use physiognomical VI).
    Questionnaires texts are not enough, especially for those who knows types theory and so has more possiblities to filter the info.
    Without video there is a lack of important typing info. Video rises chances of correct typing to acceptable level. A typing by any methods may give assured or not assured opinion about a whole type or about some traits of it. Though, it's not so hard to record a 10 min video clip.

You may correctly identify your type without external help too. If you type people IRL near you and get irrational IR impressions which fit good to IR theory (and behavior of people to common for types) - you may trust to your own type and typing skills. External help may point you on types which have more chances to be correct. Then you check the possible versions of your type by IR theory with people IRL - it's obligate step to be sure in own type and the initial level of skills to type other people.
    To study the types theory I recommend Filatova's and Jung's English books. Having this, then mb read other texts. Socionics is Jung and Augustinavichiute's ideas only, where some parts as Reinin's traits, accepting/productive functions, etc are too doubtful and are better not be used. The lesser core theory, the lesser reason is seen as basis for it - the lesser trust to it. Additional ideas of other authors I'd recommend do not use too - there is no good basis for them, as for Gulenko's subtypes.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both ESI women I know dress more classically, not necessarily interesting, but well-presented.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 04-21-2020 at 12:54 AM. Reason: sp.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@lilith
    "holy shit this guys got more plot subversions than a modern day disney star wars movie on crack"

to note, that talking style is closer to IEI than EII

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol

haha! besides many people acting like actual animals online, a phenomenon which can be observed in any anonymous interweb chatroom, my real-life personality being more "subdued monotone overly-polite girly girl", AND me being a completely immature (redacted) child, does swearing and mentioning drugs casually invalidate the EII-ness? Is it like a paradox to the EII stereotype?
    Last edited by Tzuyu; 04-21-2020 at 12:10 AM. Reason: edit out age

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

a phenomenon which can be observed in any anonymous interweb chatroom
    It's not a chat with running text. It's a forum with the possibilities to write by rules of "good behavior" not worser than talking or any normal texts.
    "Stereotypes" are common traits of something. The more your traits are closer to that common - the more chance you have it. It's how the typing is done - it identifies by stereotypes according to the theory - to which type you are closer the most and in what degree.
    Based on your different messages, your talking and thinking styles are closer to IEI than EII. The chance you have base Fi is not high. INFP is among most possible. I'd need your video to be more sure in your types traits and the concrete type.

The examples of base Fi are @aster, @Memento Mori, mb @FreelancePoliceman. You may compare yourself with how they talked on the forum. By my bloggers examples you may check men of which types you find as more psychically comfortable. Those may appear more beta T than delta T.

wbr
    I'd recommend to make a typing theme with the video as the chances of you have EII as you think are not large.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The queen in the UK seems to exhibit typical ESI behaviour. Now, public personas are often much different from the private ones so I'm uncertain of her actual type.......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    The queen in the UK seems to exhibit typical ESI behaviour. Now, public personas are often much different from the private ones so I'm uncertain of her actual type.......

a.k.a. I/O
    A pity. Her husband seems to be a casual racist and a complete jackass, but I don't think he's LIE.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    A pity. Her husband seems to be a casual racist and a complete jackass, but I don't think he's LIE.
    His behaviour seems somewhat ESTp-like or perhaps he wants to portray himself as a devil-may-care adventurer, and the relationship with his wife makes him seem supervised. However, appearances can be deceiving because I'm sure that most of what everyone sees of them is scripted in some way.....

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some miscellaneous observations which may or may not be useful towards understanding their overall vibe. One of their defining characteristics (as an Se ego) is a strong presence; ESI speaks somewhat gently but with a quiet resolve. Unlike their mirrors, they tend to be even-tempered and modest, also aren't as socially initiating or willing to promote themselves. Often they'll have a reputation for being hard workers while also devoting a lot of attention to their attachments (i.e. family, relationships, whatever). Tend to be very private and have a limited range of interests and social contacts, but what they do have, they really invest their time into. Ergo, they sacrifice breadth for depth. They share this specific trait in common with LSI, although LSI isn't interpersonally focused.

I would argue a bubbly ESI is an oxymoron and a functionally inconsistent variable, as is one that tries to be playful and/or flippant regarding how they interface with others. I've also noticed that others tend to view them as having a stick up their ass (not me--those people were almost always Fe/Ti, especially Alpha). ESI is precisely the type to be called "too serious". And externally they can be stoic, although they don't struggle whatsoever with sincerely and openly communicating their feelings or forming attachments.

Regarding Ne PoLR, ESI has an absolute aversion to, and rejection of, entertaining possibilities or arguments which lie outside their own point of view. ESI's ethical values are axiomatic and held in reverence. Same deal with LSI, but regarding whatever logical principles they've attached themselves to e.g. an ideology. Thus, don't try to introduce foreign PoVs (of an ethical nature). ESI will interpret it as an attack, as if you were siding against them or attempting to subvert goodness itself. For example, if an ESI believed it was a cardinal sin to betray a family member, then it'd be nigh unto impossible to persuade them otherwise (and they would certainly judge you for attempting to do so). EIIs are far more flexible, but nowhere near as single-minded.

Speaking in terms of VI, I would ignore paying too much attention to their appearance and focus more on behavioral analysis. But I would also say they're among the least likely to do anything crazy with their appearance.

TIM
    ESI 693 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think that is spot on.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• Because of a sense of duty to loved ones (and devalued Si?) they’ll (unlike INFjs?) do things like one-sidedly decide they’ll be the ones in the family to sleep on the most uncomfortable bed, travel in the most unfavorable conditions, etc. They seem to be more willing to undergo physical discomfort for the sake of others.
    • Stoic people that need nothing from nobody/don’t want to trouble anyone is the vibe I get from one when we spend time together. So after a hard day’s work you can offer food and drinks and there is a high chance they will refuse. If you’re not used to it you might think they don’t want to come across as freeloaders. So (again, unlike INFjs?) they don’t react well if caretaking behaviour is pushed on them. This can lead to hilarious situations.
    • They seem to always be on the go/get ready relatively faster than me, a Si ego. They will give the impression that they move faster, groom themselves less and still look as presentable.
    • They take their obligations seriously. If an ISFj woman is the oldest sister, she is likely to take on that role forever, for example. The ones who are always calling their families, who never forget a birthday, likely to be in touch with distant relatives the family has only met twice. More likely than the general population to have a religious belief (if older), maybe??
    • LSIs are more likely to bitch about the abilities of other people or deride others and ISFjs are more likely to comment on the moral of other people.
    • Really long stretch now but undereating/food can be a theme with them. One ISFj I know refused to eat when she was a child and suffered from iron deficiency, does not eat much at present and has developed gastrointestinal problems now that she’s older.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the answers. Ya'll have been super in responding. <3 After the bat plague is mostly over will attempt to put new knowledge to the test.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The quickest way for me as an IEI to identify them is the clear Fe ignoring, obvious to me as a Fe creative, and the little soft spot for Ni =)
    e.g. occasionally has philosophical revelations that they regard very dearly, even if the revelation is relatively surface-level, and they seem endearingly vulnerable with a metaphorical childish wide-eyed wonder as they explore the insight or meaning.
    (maybe this is just my perspective from the Ni base benefactee/activator standpoint)

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my personal experience (which can be wrong), characteristic traits are distate of strangers who might interfere in daily life, tendency towards isolation, violent reactions to the breaking of their emotional barriers or principles, fast to categorize anyone of "ethically undesirable" without much knowledge of cause or origin of the events, or for the slightest offences, contradictory opinions based around their own likings and dislikings and not proper reasoning, etc.

If I'm wrong in the typing of this person, there's some things I'm completely sure about it; Ethical, introverted feeling type most probably, with strong extraverted sensing.
    Last edited by RBRS; 06-17-2021 at 08:45 AM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Identifying types is always weird to me, because any description I could come up with would always be fairly subjective in how someone else interprets it. I often hear ESIs described as "harsh" in their expression, but what does that mean? What is "harsh" to one person might not seem so to another.

There are always going to be people who fit behavioral descriptions of a type, others who do not...so behaviors are a pretty poor way to type imo.

Sometimes people will come across as an "obvious" example of a type to me, but I cannot really explain it, it's a holistic impression.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I often hear ESIs described as "harsh" in their expression
    Read normal theory (Filatova, Jung) and then use it, but not baseless claims of random people.
    Base Fi types which value emotional comfort the most are "harsh" in what, for who and when? Not in emotional expressions compared to average level, at least. They are the least expected to talk rude.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Like I have said my mom is ILI and I'm surrounded by her activity relations ESI and they all try to meet up and support one another since they are all disabled. My mom's ESI friend is the sweetest woman ever, at least to me and my daughter. Externally they all like to keep a clean and neat home. lol and they all like natural remedies and treatments for like arthritis and nerve issues. They are constantly asking their kids to order such and such a cream that they "heard" works. The one ESI thinks I'm too skinny and frail and suggested that I try such and such a diet (details escape me sorry) to try to gain weight. I told her that I've tried many and they don't work. I have also told her that it's genetic but she tried pushing the idea anyway. I get so nervous going over to her home because she's so clean and neat. She puts out food on the table and I get nervous that I may drop something on those pristine couches and I maybe reprimanded for being such a slob even though I'm not. I just have a different attitude about clean. I think just about anything can be effectively cleaned and I don't worry about physical space or possessions. I have a tendency to rid myself of physical stuff like every so often I feel like I want to give everything away lol and I don't think ESI are that way. I think they just look put together, natural, and somewhat firm. It's so much the physical attitude around us that separates our two type. I couldn't care less what anyone does in my space as long as it's not against my ethics like doing drugs or being overly sexual (keep it in your own space please) otherwise messiness is ignored for the most part or escapes me.

This part of this article is so true of my experience with ESI:

"the resoluteness, firmness, and dedication with which she implement her directives into real life, because this trait is often masked by external conformity and ability to pick up on the mood of another person and his attitude towards what is occurring around him (Fi)."

"https://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/36-ISFj-description-(Filatova)
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-20-2021 at 02:35 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    lmao. the hypocrisy is palpable.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tzuyu View Post
    I think this is the most difficult type for me to identify in real life for some reason. Could be because they're known for being quiet so they don't really stand out a lot most of the time, or because they're apparently more soft than the other se egos. All the video examples come off as very "completely normal person", there's not really any distinctive mannerisms or pattern I can detect from those. And Ne Polr is also really hard to put my finger on, it seems to manifest in anxiety and a blindness to possibilities?? but anxiety is a very typical trait for many different people of the socion. Good S also usually translates to good style, but there are also many ESIs that don't dress up a lot, especially males, so style is also kind of unhelpful too. Basically, their mental image in my head is very fuzzy.

What trait/mannerism is completely distinct to ESI? Especially compared to EII and LSI, which I get stuck choosing between a lot. Anything that helps capture their essence or vibe would be helpful,
    I'm only soft/normal on the outside. There's a ferocity underneath that people in RL have never seen the true extent of. Only 2 people in my entire life have ever bothered noticing. Most people are too stupid and living in the shallow pool to even see the first 2% of the true me. I mean, I stand out in the open, in plain sight. People are just too unintelligent, weak (in relation to relationships), and lazy to even notice what's in front of their faces.

EDIT:
    When I say they hardly know the first 2% — I mean just about everyone is completely wrong about me initially, and there's always a “breaking in” phase when I get close to someone. I have to push through all the crap they get wrong about me, fight to get someone to quit half-assing their interpretations of my actions and actually read me based on what's there without filling in the blanks with assumptions. That breaking-in phase also tends to require me to endure a few gut punches without retaliating. They have to treat me like shit as a response to their own misconceptions about me, then realize how wrong they were about me, before they finally realize I'm no ordinary person and they have to take their time, can't be as quick to judge as they are with the average person. “When most people do X, it (means/is because of) Y.” That is barely ever the case with me, and I have to put forth a lot of effort to push them to expand their minds in order to finally understand that and change. Oh, and by the way, the typology community is far worse about this. So much for them understanding people better because of typology.

As for everyone else…I don't bother, I allow them to believe false things about me. I don't correct them, I just judge them. I don't mind being enshrouded beneath lies and villainized anymore. I got used to that forever ago, after growing up as the scapegoat of the very same people I fought for and defended (even though they were the adults and I was a kid, since I was stronger and bolder than them even at that age). Public image isn't necessary to me, I don't really give a shit. I realized if they're X and Y, I'm not missing out on much anyway.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 11-07-2021 at 02:59 PM.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The severe, hyper disciplined superhuman stereotype sounds more like an LSI E1 compared to most of the ESIs I’ve met. Most strike me as self-deprecating anxious types (E6s) that happen to be super put together and have mean-looking resting faces
    Last edited by Averroes; 11-11-2021 at 10:30 AM.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Se-sub e6 examples:

Last edited by Averroes; 11-10-2021 at 11:27 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When identifying ESIs, I look for women who are slightly above average in looks and who look like they gave a lot of thought to using the clothes they wear to make themselves look publicly attractive in a public way, even though they will probably deny that they spent much time shopping. They are Artists, and they, themselves, are the canvas.

Believe it or not, I also think that they move their bodies in a way which is very different from SEIs. As if the software running the actuators is fundamentally different between the two types. I can't describe this in detail but I can usually recognize it from a distance.

ESIs also say "No" most of the time. To everything.

"Would you like to go out with me?" "No. I'm going to be busy that day. Forever."

"Can I open this door for you?" "No. Stop condescending to me."

"Would you like this painting?" "No. Did you steal it?"

"Would you like this suitcase full of money?" "No. I'm calling the police."

The females very much have a resting bitch face. The males have expressions like, they spent all this time learning to ice skate very well, but they aren't going to tell you about it. If you want to know more about them, you're going to have to dig deep and ask. And they will only share if they have known you for a long time.

TIM
    ESI-Se 4w3 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    The severe, hyper disciplined superhuman stereotype sounds more like an LSI E1 compared to most of the ESIs I’ve met. Most strike me as self-deprecating anxious types (E6s) that happen to be super put together and have mean-looking resting faces
    Yes, it's what i have always complained about. Way too many modern ESI Western descriptions have very little to do with the way ESIs were defined by Aushra, for example. They're often E6 or E4.
    Last edited by gone; 11-13-2021 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary insult against another member
    I AM YOUR HOLY TOTEM
    I AM YOUR SICK TABOO
    RADICAL AND RADIANT
    I'M YOUR NIGHTMARE COMING TRUE

I AM YOUR WORST ENEMY
    I AM YOUR DEAREST FRIEND
    MALIGNANTLY MALEVOLENT
    I AM OF DIVINE DESCENT

I AM YOUR UNCONSCIOUSNESS
    I AM UNRESTRAINED EXCESS
    METAMORPHIC RESTLESSNESS
    I'M YOUR UNEXPECTEDNESS

I AM YOUR APOCALYPSE
    I AM YOUR BELIEF UNWROUGHT
    MONOLITHIC JUGGERNAUT

STRAY BULLET
    FROM THE HEAVENS ABOVE
    STRAY BULLET
    READY OR NOT
    I'M THE ILLEGITIMATE SON OF GOD

TIM
    ESI-Se 4w3 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Identifying types is always weird to me, because any description I could come up with would always be fairly subjective in how someone else interprets it. I often hear ESIs described as "harsh" in their expression, but what does that mean? What is "harsh" to one person might not seem so to another.

There are always going to be people who fit behavioral descriptions of a type, others who do not...so behaviors are a pretty poor way to type imo.

Sometimes people will come across as an "obvious" example of a type to me, but I cannot really explain it, it's a holistic impression.
    The issue is that a lot of the "harsh moralizer" stereotypes stem from Alpha NTs in this community (and by an extension of that - their absolutely awful ESI descriptions), which is in a way pretty understandable. They're Si-valuers, with one type (LII) being Se PoLR and have bad Fi with the other type being Fi PoLR (ILE). Se ego types and just generally speaking - people who are on the Se/Ni axis have more of an intensity to their disposition by default, which could be seen as forceful or too harsh in an abundance of situations by people who don't value that fxn. And as i already alluded to, they are pretty bad at Fi-related mental activity. Constant conscious exploration of their entirely subjective judgments, sentiments, and one's seemingly irrational sense of like and dislike isn't really something they do most of the time.

And so i suppose that being able to truly grasp the potentiality of someone simply being this way is hard to a large extent for them. When they see someone voice their personal judgments so naturally as ESIs do often, they think it comes out of possibly seemingly nowhere and that ESIs are essentially being forcefully moralizing for no good reason, which couldn't be any more wrong. Having judgements and sharing them truly is to the ESI a personality trait as natural as their eye color, and most of the time they genuinely mean nothing of it.

They're Fi and not Fe-valuers after all, so their sense of morality stems from their own unassailable sense of self and loyalty to their own feelings than it does from some kind of a need to change people's behaviour or moralize them in a Kantian way with having some abstracted and a thought out a priori Ti in favour of Fe moral compass. And because Alpha NTs also have a very indirect relationship with objects (with Ne being largely inferential, whereas Se explores things as they are in the very concrete and rooted in reality sense), Any expression that seems too direct and/or possessing too much of an edge (especially if it's in any capacity related to Fi usage) will seem strange and too harsh to them.
    I AM YOUR HOLY TOTEM
    I AM YOUR SICK TABOO
    RADICAL AND RADIANT

I AM YOUR WORST ENEMY
    I AM YOUR DEAREST FRIEND
    MALIGNANTLY MALEVOLENT
    I AM OF DIVINE DESCENT

I AM UNRESTRAINED EXCESS
    METAMORPHIC RESTLESSNESS
    I'M YOUR UNEXPECTEDNESS

I AM YOUR APOCALYPSE
    MONOLITHIC JUGGERNAUT

STRAY BULLET
    FROM THE HEAVENS ABOVE
    STRAY BULLET
    READY OR NOT

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When identifying ESIs, I look for women who are slightly above average in looks and who look like they gave a lot of thought to using the clothes they wear to make themselves look publicly attractive in a public way, even though they will probably deny that they spent much time shopping. They are Artists, and they, themselves, are the canvas.

Believe it or not, I also think that they move their bodies in a way which is very different from SEIs. As if the software running the actuators is fundamentally different between the two types. I can't describe this in detail but I can usually recognize it from a distance.

ESIs also say "No" most of the time. To everything.

"Would you like to go out with me?" "No. I'm going to be busy that day. Forever."

"Can I open this door for you?" "No. Stop condescending to me."

"Would you like this painting?" "No. Did you steal it?"

"Would you like this suitcase full of money?" "No. I'm calling the police."

The females very much have a resting bitch face. The males have expressions like, they spent all this time learning to ice skate very well, but they aren't going to tell you about it. If you want to know more about them, you're going to have to dig deep and ask. And they will only share if they have known you for a long time.
    NO. This is wrong.

Jk. Couldn't pass up the opportunity, lol.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of ESI's judgement usually come from their pov of what work in a relationship, so it's not really "Morality" in a big scale, it's more personal.

Their face may look like xLI when they don't express emotion, the difference is that they don't panic from social situations. Actually, they're pretty confident, and their movements have the Se - confident you often seen from Se types. Their speak is loud and clear.

Have good fashion sense, know how to make thing look pretty. Easy going if you know them.

Can be workaholic like their dual if they really love doing something, but not effective in any sense. Usually peaceful people but doesn't back down when they get angry. Strong headed.

And can be annoying as fuck with their Fi, especially woman....

Being call "Guardian" for a reason, it's really hard for these guys to back down when they already decided to fight.
    Last edited by Tarnished; 11-13-2021 at 09:38 AM.

TIM
    ESI-Se 4w3 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnished View Post
    Most of ESI's judgement usually come from their pov of what work in a relationship, so it's not really "Morality" in a big scale, it's more personal.

Their face may look like xLI when they don't express emotion, the difference is that they don't panic from social situations. Actually, they're pretty confident, and their movements have the Se - confident you often seen from Se types. Their speak is loud and clear.

Have good fashion sense, know how to make thing look pretty. Easy going if you know them.

Can be workaholic like their dual if they really love doing something, but not effective in any sense. Usually peaceful people but doesn't back down when they get angry. Strong headed.

Being call "Guardian" for a reason, it's really hard for these guys to back down when they already decided to fight.
    I agree, especially re: their expression seeming xLI-esque. They're not Fe PoLR but around strangers they're often uneasy/skeptical and seemingly unemotive (where the "ESI rbf" comes from) which could almost get them mistaken for Fe PoLR. Part of the reason why a lot of people used to type me ILI back when i was active in many video chats, i suppose.
    I AM YOUR HOLY TOTEM
    I AM YOUR SICK TABOO
    RADICAL AND RADIANT

I AM YOUR WORST ENEMY
    I AM YOUR DEAREST FRIEND
    MALIGNANTLY MALEVOLENT
    I AM OF DIVINE DESCENT

I AM UNRESTRAINED EXCESS
    METAMORPHIC RESTLESSNESS
    I'M YOUR UNEXPECTEDNESS

I AM YOUR APOCALYPSE
    MONOLITHIC JUGGERNAUT

STRAY BULLET
    FROM THE HEAVENS ABOVE
    STRAY BULLET
    READY OR NOT

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think I look like an SLI with ADD half of the time outside of work
    Last edited by Averroes; 11-13-2021 at 03:37 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think I've ever mistaken an ESI for an SLI.

Well, except when I married an SLI. That was definitely a case of mistaken identity. But I'd never heard of Socionics at that time and was flying by the seat of my pants with respect to what I wanted and needed.

I got the Introvert, intelligent, slender, 4D Si, 3D Se, 2D Ni, 1D Ne, and "values Te and Fi" parts right.

So let's say instead that I haven't mistaken an ESI for an SLI since I've known that they are different types.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnished View Post

While I don't think social anxiety is type related at all and can happen to anyone just as much as depression or diabetes, the rest aligns both with resources I've read and me personally.

To add on to the peaceful part — generally, ESIs tend to seem calm, almost sort of stoic. Not reacting too much, not expressing much emotion.

Why do you find the Fi to be annoying?
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 11-14-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I've ever mistaken an ESI for an SLI.

Well, except when I married an SLI. That was definitely a case of mistaken identity. But I'd never heard of Socionics at that time and was flying by the seat of my pants with respect to what I wanted and needed.

I got the Introvert, intelligent, slender, 4D Si, 3D Se, 2D Ni, 1D Ne, and "values Te and Fi" parts right.

So let's say instead that I haven't mistaken an ESI for an SLI since I've known that they are different types.
    I've mistaken myself for SLI. Lol.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 11-14-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-They’re typically slender and walk with a sense of security.

-They can put on armour and present to the outside as more threatening than they are with their close ones. Many of them speak with a softer voice in private.

-Very diligent and domestic. This is very noticeable in the men: they’re the dad that drives the kids everywhere, etc. All they ask for in return is fidelity to the little group you and them are a part of, which actually means not hitting their Ne polr and disagreeing with them. They become distressed for some reason. Because of this, they can be at the same time harsh but very lenient with their loved ones, if you can imagine. Their domesticity can make them stagnant, some have a resistance to putting themselves out there and go out and try something new or find out how other people live or think; they prefer to entertain themselves with some project related to work.

-The men like war films and sports like, what one can assume, many other men.

-The like small children and are quite popular with them.

-They prefer stories and films where everything is straightforward. If possible, where conflicts are solved in a morally acceptable yet cliched way. Like the show ‘Anne with an E’. It’s basically Little House on the Prairie with stiff social relations and where everyone learns a lesson by the end of each episode. They love those.Very childlike in that sense.

-Their clothes tend to be within the range of acceptable and they’ll wear something bright from time to time. The women are better at this than the men. I’ve seen Fi subtypes go for more subdued colors in a grunge style that match their quieter and darker mood better.

-Their endurance is unheard of. They pick up habits that would’ve gravely affected other types.

-One of their most noticeable and most off-putting traits is the way their Fi shows. They might love their cat because it’s theirs, not because it belongs to a species we call ‘cat’. There are moments where it seems they’ve seen the light where you still think there’s a chance for true learning but they revert back to their old self in no time. Overall, I think I prefer the Fi subtype, as they seem nicer, more relaxed and less prone to act out against other living creatures on their ‘sadistic’ Fi. On the other hand, the Se subtype doesn’t seem to be a negativist in some situations.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate the generalizations. It's some beta style shit and it drives me nuts. Do bear in mind that everyone deviates from their types in some way, regardless of what their type is. People are individuals, not categories they belong to, ultimately.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    While I don't think social anxiety is type related at all and can happen to anyone just as much as depression or diabetes, the rest aligns both with resources I've read and me personally.

To add on to the peaceful part — generally, ESIs tend to seem calm, almost sort of stoic. Not reacting too much, not expressing much emotion.

Why do you find the Fi to be annoying?
    Fi lead bla bla bla too much about what they feel if they think they can share their thought and feeling with you, and since ESI is also a negative type.... It drained me pretty fast. And woman like to share their feeling more than man alot...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast