Thread: Could you help me type myself? (Video questionnaire)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Could you help me type myself? (Video questionnaire)

Hello
    It’s my first post on this forum, so I’d like to introduce myself. Well… that’s me, hello.

I’ve answered the „Extended questionnaire 2.0” in the video below

https://youtu.be/L8JI_4Fx7x4

Please, help me type me. If there are any additional questions that would help with determining my type, I’ll be happy to answer them.

Oh, and if interpersonal relations would help: my bf of 5 years is a SLI, and it’s hands down the best relationship I’ve ever had. It’s easy, it’s fun, it’s harmonious, we understand each other a lot. It feels just so natural. As for my friends, I believe one of my friends is probably SEI (very strong Si and alpha), and my other friend is some alpha extratim (leaning ILE). Earlier, I’ve been very good friends with another ILE for 3 years. When it comes to casual acquitances, there’s a big variety of types.

My dad is ILI and I guess we could get along quite well, if he wasn’t a narcissist (that’s why I’ve skipped the „relationships with family” part), my mum is some Beta NF (leaning EIE), and our relations have always been rather poor, we annoy each other a lot. Holidays together? Nightmare. She always has to do something, be on the go, ignore the limits of being human. I prefer to relax and do things when I see something exciting / get a random burst of energy and want to watch the sea at 3 am/whatever, but could lay all day at the beach, enjoy myself and don’t see it as time wasted (She would).

Oh, and when I watched this video, I’ve discovered that I talk about fun. Just to clarify, when someone’s being made fun of it ain’t funny (according to my mum it’s the funniest as it could be, so I wanted to clarify that). And serious conversations can also be some kind of fun, if that makes sense. Like, sharing personal details and stories (that don’t have to be funny) is fun because I enjoy doing it with my friends. Or I got some definition wrong
    That’s it, as for now. I hope that video isn’t too long (a little over 40mins, but YT let’s you speed up, so at 1.25 it’ll be just around 30mins)

Thanks in advance

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

First impressions: Not Gamma, not Delta, so Fe/Ti over Fi/Te.

Seems logical.

Values freedom = Alpha.

Four minute mark.

Not crazy or random enough for ILE.

Primarily seems to plan things out and investigates alternatives.

Maybe LII?

OK, I just read your post (after watching a few minutes of your video so as not to bias me) and your interpersonal relationships and love of hearing stories are totally commensurate with LII.

Welcome, HappyClam.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched 30 minutes, at first I thought Ne ego but after your answers seemed IEE.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey. According to my VI templates, ILE.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEE or ILE. IEE > ILE due to not directly diving in attitude also interests are more in sphere of doing stuff [wanting that Te].
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obvious Ne base as far as I can tell. Maybe ILE.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the replies
    But, wow, a Ti-user? I didn't expect that. Where's the Ti?
    I was rather thinking either IEE or EII, to be honest. @Adam Strange you said you don't see Delta or Gamma. What made you dismiss Delta? Just curious, cause after reading descriptions, I'd say Delta/Alpha fit the best.
    The ILE thing surprised me, so I've starter reading about Ti. Well, when it comes to understanding other systems and categories, I can suck. For example, grammar seems to be a Ti-concept for me (like, the whole system). And I'm not good at such Things. However, when I have to create a system to organize something, it can work. From that point of view I could see it.
    But I can't really see LII. I've got a LII math teacher, and while I admire him, I feel we think differently. He finds one solution, goes from beginning to the end. Then finds another and does it again. And again. I, on the other hand could start doing it one way, change the method mid-way, start doing it from a different angle on another piece of paper, return to my first method, dismiss it altogether, and finish the math task combining all those scraps because I somehow found the solution along the way. @COVID 007 I love your signature
    Anyway, thanks everyone for Your insights, seems I need to search for differences between ILE and IEE now.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I watched it through. You are after all much more comfortable with relations with people than with logic. Also you would like to be good with logic of actions but it does not actually seem to manifest in actual reality that easily.

You manage people easily and you would like to see yourself as implementing stuff [Te mobilizing].

So IEE makes total sense.

The thing with ILE is that they pretty much grasp how things work without much thinking and make it happen in given scope of [limited] time and then they abandon it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are probably IEE Ne subtype because you feel more similar to alphas than to gammas (you also VI alpha to me). But IEE is clear.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyClam View Post
    Thanks for all the replies
    But, wow, a Ti-user? I didn't expect that. Where's the Ti?

I was rather thinking either IEE or EII, to be honest. @Adam Strange you said you don't see Delta or Gamma. What made you dismiss Delta? Just curious, cause after reading descriptions, I'd say Delta/Alpha fit the best.

The ILE thing surprised me, so I've starter reading about Ti. Well, when it comes to understanding other systems and categories, I can suck. For example, grammar seems to be a Ti-concept for me (like, the whole system). And I'm not good at such Things. However, when I have to create a system to organize something, it can work. From that point of view I could see it.
    But I can't really see LII. I've got a LII math teacher, and while I admire him, I feel we think differently. He finds one solution, goes from beginning to the end. Then finds another and does it again. And again. I, on the other hand could start doing it one way, change the method mid-way, start doing it from a different angle on another piece of paper, return to my first method, dismiss it altogether, and finish the math task combining all those scraps because I somehow found the solution along the way. @COVID 007 I love your signature
    Anyway, thanks everyone for Your insights, seems I need to search for differences between ILE and IEE now.
    @HappyClam, I type largely by visually correlating someone unknown with people I already know whose types I'm more sure of. Compared to a more rational approach, my method frequently mis-types people. On the other hand, it often works very fast. It just depends. Fortunately, there are a lot of people here on this site who use more traditional, more accepted methods.
    I said that I didn't think you were Gamma or Delta because you don't look like any Gammas or Deltas that I know. However, I only know two IEE-Ne's and one IEE-Fi, so I don't have much to compare you to.
    Plus, I only watched four minutes of your video. A more careful typer would have watched more. My bad.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Alonzo I checked also the "detailed" link, and I must admit it was very helpful. It's exactly the issue i have with my Beta NF Mom - she sometimes doesn't believe I feel something, because I "don't show it enough". For her, to show = to feel. On the other hand, once my friend got screamed at and she started crying, and when I saw that, I've almost started to cry too, and it really felt like that "mirroring". But if I see a random acquintance crying, I'm more like "what happened?", but sharing personal details with a random classmate can be uncomfortable, so I'll just offer some tissues if I have them. Or call help if she cries cause she broke her leg. Or... Whatever

I would be genuinely concerned, but I wouldn't "feel her pain". Also, if I'm having fun with friends and I'm sad, I won't "act happy". Contagious emotions sound like some kind of disease, lol. Now I understand better how IXTp's see it.
    Btw, would you mind sharing links to your "visual templates"? I'd be interested, if that's a possibility

@COVID 007 well, I can quickly "grasp" how things work in terms of relations between people, but I guess when it comes to ILE it's a different kind of grasping. If I can visualize a logical concept, or relate different parts to each other and make a "connection web", it'll be fine. If I can't... let's hope questions relating that topic are a yes/no, cause my odds will be exactly 50%.

@Daisy Ne-subtype would make sense. Could my relations at school being almost exclusively Alpha (and do, my friend group consisiting of alphas), somehow make me VI as one? I've heard that people tend to copy gestures of people they interact with the most. Deltas, where are you at school? EII's seem to blend with the crowd, SLIs hide somewhere and when I realize there was a SLI, the SLI is already gone, LSEs seem to be more concerned with gaining knowledge and organizing than on befriending (that's at least how it felt when i tried to befriend one). Well, that's my school-interaction with those types. But I got friends on an art-camp with an EII, it was cool. And somehow found my SLI bf online.

@Adam Strange okay, watching four minutes could explain it. Ar first I felt a little uncomfortable talking to my phone, and when I get uncomfortable I could appear IXXj-ish (probably has something to do with trying to appear organized and professional in the beginning. Once I feel comfortable I change to the EXXp-ness quickly). That's my guess. I've also used to have social anxiety (like, 4 years ago) and it made me appear more like an IXXj. But even then, once I got comfortable, it was gone (a true IXXj stays that way I think. My Fi dominant friend is always IXXj-ish, for example. That's how I realized the difference)
    Last edited by HappyClam; 03-27-2020 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Paragraphs

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@HappyClam

Maybe you'd like to compare yourself with this girl, who types herself ILE. She seems to be roughly your age and there are some other similarities. I think she definitely shows more Ti than you.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, it's very likely you will gain their mannerism but i think when I say VI I'm talking more about your appearence that seems similar to some alphas I've encountered (especially XXXp alphas). I'm Fi subtype and I VI more gamma than alpha. And yeah about not finding Deltas, I kind of overlooked EIIs/SLIs/SEIs in highschool, but those friendships ime were the ones that lasted, like this EII friend of mine it was only after we were going to move to another place that we became close friends and she is still my friend to this day. I was clueless lol, it's like they were always there but I was more busy with getting to know other people from different types. And I relate to you about the Ixxj thing. It's how majority of ppl who doesn't know me perceive me too (because of social anxiety).
    Also your poor relation with your EIE mother is an indicative because it's quasi identical (they tend to be not so good).
    Last edited by Kernel; 03-27-2020 at 04:55 PM. Reason: addition

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you expand more on the VI templates? seems fascinating trying to figure my type also

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Northstar thanks

@Tallmo damn, I can relate to a lot of what she says. Although this video seems to be mostly about Ne, she just started to talk about Ti in the last seconds of this video. The "searching for quicker and easier ways of doing things" is especially relatable, I had to make a poll for my math lesson and then analyze the results, but I didn't want to fill in all these options on my pc, send them to other people, wait for answers etc... so I figured out I could just type "google random number generator", copied the results (answer 1/2/3/4) and had the poll done wayyy quicker. Or when we do math/chemistry tasks at school, I always search for the quickest method.
    But I've also checked other videos by her, for example the one with her ISFp dual, and I must admit I could see making something similiar with my SLI (just instead of that big, happy smile of the SEI, there would be a poker face / one sided grin of a SLI).
    As for her Ti... Dunno, I feel kinda blind to Ti. I've read somewhere on this forum, that unvalued functions are a lot harder to understand than valued, that might be it.
    But once a classmated commented, that me and that ILE-friend look like sisters, in terms of similiar behavior (she's probably Ne-subtype), so that might explain the confusion. But an ENTp has got Fi-Polr, and here I could define what I am by defining what I'm not, and I'm surely not a Fi-Polr.

@Daisy well, then the Ne-subtype makes a lot of sense. Also, it makes Te stronger (or at least that's my understanding... I remeber reading something like that here. Hope I'm not wrong), which makes perfect sense.
    Okay, so let's hope I'll find more Deltas in college
    Typing by relations seems to be a cool asset of socionics. So if I was ILE, the relation with an EIE would be probably much better than for an IEE. Everything seems to point towards IEE.

Okaaay, so I'm heading towards the Delta subforum.
    Thanks everyone for helping me with my type